Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:25:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 4GB Ethereum  (Read 212700 times)
nmc09331

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:50:48 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 11:00:55 PM by nmc09331

Hi All
I started mining 2 days ago and this is my very first post.

I use:
AMD A10 6300 @ stock clock, 3 out of 4 cores mining XMR @ 45-47H/s with Claymore_Old on MinerGate pool.
Radeon RX560 4GB OC @ 1970 mem clock mining 8.8 MH/s with Skunk (prospector) on NiceHash pool
Radeon RX560 4GB OC @ 1970 mem clock mining 8.8 MH/s with Skunk (prospector) on NiceHash pool
Boards are on the Mobo (ASRock FM2a75 Pro 4 (4x PCIe)
Mining alternative: 290H/s on XMR on each card on NiceHash
8 GB RAM
120 GB OZ SSD
400w PSU
This is just an old gaming rig with 2x 560 I bought for mining purposes, to learn what all this is about.
I have limited cryptos knowledge.

The temperatures are nicely low.
CPU runs at 50-51 celcius (only 3 of the 4 cores mining, it reboots otherwise).
GPUs at 55-57 celcius for the card next to the CPU and 52-54 for the other one.
I have them on a regular ATX case with open side.

I read nicehash had some issues a few weeks ago, and I don't know what other pools/miners/systems/wallets/etc to use.
After a few days of reading I made 2 wallets on 2 different places, and I am mining into them half-half.
I have not been able to mine Etherium since NiceHash says equiash and daggerHashimoto has lower returns on my system at least right now.

So my questions are:
1) Nicehash says I will mine about 16-18 USD per WEEK depending on the algorithm. Is that acceptable these days for my setup?
2) I have another 2 PCIe on my Mobo. Should I buy a better PSU (600w?), add 2 more rx560, and rise everything?
3) I use stock roms on both RX560. Is it worthy to use a modded rom? Will the extra returns compensate the trouble/time/risk/heat/power?
4) Should I abandon NiceHash and mine with another tool/pool/etc? What do you guys mine on a 4G 560 currently?
5) PLEASE PM me any first week advice you may have.

If you need more information or screenshots I will be happy to provide.

Thank you all :-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nmc09331

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:57:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/bkUjSCL.png
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:14:58 AM

Hi All
I started mining 2 days ago and this is my very first post.

I use:
AMD A10 6300 @ stock clock, 3 out of 4 cores mining XMR @ 45-47H/s with Claymore_Old on MinerGate pool.
Boards are on the Mobo (ASRock FM2a75 Pro 4 (4x PCIe)
Mining alternative: 290H/s on XMR on each card on NiceHash
8 GB RAM
120 GB OZ SSD
400w PSU
This is just an old gaming rig with 2x 560 I bought for mining purposes, to learn what all this is about.
I have limited cryptos knowledge.

The temperatures are nicely low.
CPU runs at 50-51 celcius (only 3 of the 4 cores mining, it reboots otherwise).
GPUs at 55-57 celcius for the card next to the CPU and 52-54 for the other one.
I have them on a regular ATX case with open side.

I read nicehash had some issues a few weeks ago, and I don't know what other pools/miners/systems/wallets/etc to use.
After a few days of reading I made 2 wallets on 2 different places, and I am mining into them half-half.
I have not been able to mine Etherium since NiceHash says equiash and daggerHashimoto has lower returns on my system at least right now.

So my questions are:
1) Nicehash says I will mine about 16-18 USD per WEEK depending on the algorithm. Is that acceptable these days for my setup?
2) I have another 2 PCIe on my Mobo. Should I buy a better PSU (600w?), add 2 more rx560, and rise everything?
3) I use stock roms on both RX560. Is it worthy to use a modded rom? Will the extra returns compensate the trouble/time/risk/heat/power?
4) Should I abandon NiceHash and mine with another tool/pool/etc? What do you guys mine on a 4G 560 currently?
5) PLEASE PM me any first week advice you may have.

If you need more information or screenshots I will be happy to provide.

Thank you all :-)

The RX560 will take, when mining, about 100 Watts. Allow about another 100 Watts for everything else (mobo, hd, fans, etc). So a 4x RX560 rig will require a minimum of 500 Watts, so a 600 Watt PSU should do.
Depending on the quality of the PSU a 600 Watt one will do, but a cheep 600 Watt PSU is false economy and may not handle the initial startup current surge.

Ethereum mining is no longer an option (AFAIK) for 4GB cards, so pick a coin than needs less memory such as Cryptonight (aka Cryptonote) coins like Monero, Electroneum, Sumokoin; there are other coins that you can mine on 4GB card - Google is your friend.
Claymore has a Cryptonight miner, sometimes the earlier version work better on older cards https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.0
Use this calculator to find profitability of various coins http://whattomine.com/calculators

Mining Pool Hub is a good pool to start out on as it has lots of coins to pick from and good support
www.miningpoolhub.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472510.5920

If you want to mod the BIOS have a look here to see if there is one for the RX560 https://anorak.tech/
Some resources for modding bios
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1882656.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0

This might get you started.
nmc09331

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:00:36 AM

Thank you for your reply, Call_Me_Bambi.
That helped a lot. First half of your email sort of confirmed what I understood from my research last 3 days and the second half does give me a very good path forward. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I mined XMR first day and SIGN threafter. for 16 USD to 20 USD a week, returnwise.
Poolwise I used MinerGate and NideHash.
I see returns 20%-25% better on other pools/coins/algos on whattomine, and those seem to change almost daily.
Since my hashpower is limited to 2x RX560, I take a while to mine enough for a payout.
Should I stay focused on 1 or 2 pools and use their algos (both pools have multi algos) or shold I just swap pool on a daily basis based on whattomine suggests?
Also, on whattomine I don't see the 560 so I usually pick 1x 570 and I sort of imagine it should be about as much hashrate as 2x 560.
What card(s) should I use on whattomine to get the best returns for 560?

Lastly.... Power.
My Mobo has 4x PCIs but my PSU is 400w. I believe I am on my power limmit with my current 2x RX560 as you also pointed.
Should I:
1) stick to my current rig as it is (2x RX560) and use it to learn more for another 2 months before investing
2) get a 600 PSU and 2x RX560 = 600 USD investment = 20 USD/week = 30 week ROI
3) new 6x 560 budget rig = 1800 USD investment = 60 USD/week = 30 week ROI
4) new 6x 570 or 6x580 rig (didn't make the maths yet)

Both will take about the same time to pay themselves, the difference is that second option has more risk, but if the whole mining thing doesn't collapse, I will have a higher return once investment is covered. What do you think? I live in central europe and a 570 8GB costs 3x as much as a 560 4GB. 580 8GB costs 4x. I didn't consider rigs with 570 or 580. Should I?
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:06:35 AM

The RX560 will take, when mining, about 100 Watts. Allow about another 100 Watts for everything else (mobo, hd, fans, etc). So a 4x RX560 rig will require a minimum of 500 Watts, so a 600 Watt PSU should do.
Depending on the quality of the PSU a 600 Watt one will do, but a cheep 600 Watt PSU is false economy and may not handle the initial startup current surge.

Ethereum mining is no longer an option (AFAIK) for 4GB cards, so pick a coin than needs less memory such as Cryptonight (aka Cryptonote) coins like Monero, Electroneum, Sumokoin; there are other coins that you can mine on 4GB card - Google is your friend.
Claymore has a Cryptonight miner, sometimes the earlier version work better on older cards https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.0
Use this calculator to find profitability of various coins http://whattomine.com/calculators

Mining Pool Hub is a good pool to start out on as it has lots of coins to pick from and good support
www.miningpoolhub.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472510.5920

If you want to mod the BIOS have a look here to see if there is one for the RX560 https://anorak.tech/
Some resources for modding bios
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1882656.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0

This might get you started.

All good, except 4GB on ethereum part...it will be viable for few more years, even 3GB cards still work
Many other Ethash algo coins work even on 2GB cards, like Ubiq, Expanse...
Call_Me_Bambi

Activity: 574
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:37:30 AM

Thank you for your reply, Call_Me_Bambi.
That helped a lot. First half of your email sort of confirmed what I understood from my research last 3 days and the second half does give me a very good path forward. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

I mined XMR first day and SIGN threafter. for 16 USD to 20 USD a week, returnwise.
Poolwise I used MinerGate and NideHash.
I see returns 20%-25% better on other pools/coins/algos on whattomine, and those seem to change almost daily.
Since my hashpower is limited to 2x RX560, I take a while to mine enough for a payout.
Should I stay focused on 1 or 2 pools and use their algos (both pools have multi algos) or shold I just swap pool on a daily basis based on whattomine suggests?
Also, on whattomine I don't see the 560 so I usually pick 1x 570 and I sort of imagine it should be about as much hashrate as 2x 560.
What card(s) should I use on whattomine to get the best returns for 560?

Lastly.... Power.
My Mobo has 4x PCIs but my PSU is 400w. I believe I am on my power limmit with my current 2x RX560 as you also pointed.
Should I:
1) stick to my current rig as it is (2x RX560) and use it to learn more for another 2 months before investing
2) get a 600 PSU and 2x RX560 = 600 USD investment = 20 USD/week = 30 week ROI
3) new 6x 560 budget rig = 1800 USD investment = 60 USD/week = 30 week ROI
4) new 6x 570 or 6x580 rig (didn't make the maths yet)

Both will take about the same time to pay themselves, the difference is that second option has more risk, but if the whole mining thing doesn't collapse, I will have a higher return once investment is covered. What do you think? I live in central europe and a 570 8GB costs 3x as much as a 560 4GB. 580 8GB costs 4x. I didn't consider rigs with 570 or 580. Should I?

OK, looks like I was wrong about 4GB being too small for Ethereum (I don't mine it ).
On Whattomine you can select individual coins and just put in the hashrate, I use whattomine as a guide and not as 100% accurate; selecting 1x570 is OK just put your hashrate and power costs in - don't expect the answer to be 100% accurate.

Check the pool fees, I've seen some (in the past) as high as 20%, most are around 1%.
Pool choice is a bit of a personal thing, some people love Pool-X and others love Pool-Y.
Coin choice is also a very personal thing, I like the Cryptonote coins as they are low power consumption and can be quite profitable.
I'm mining Electroneum https://etn.spacepools.org/ as I think it's a good bet - at the moment. I used to mine Monero on www.miningpoolhub.com and mignt mine Electroneum there once they get more miners so the blocks get mined quicker.

My recommendation, don't switch pools;
(1) Especially the PPLNS pool as they 'punish' pool hoppers http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/
(2) Pools will have a minimum payout limit, they only payout once you have mined X amount of mined coins, for some coins this could take you a long time to get to the minimum amount.

Power:
Get a power meter, they are cheep, and measure the power-at-the-wall that your rig takes his will give you a better idea of what your future power requirements will be. (remove 1 card from rig and measure power - put card back in and measure difference. this will give you actual power drawn for 1x RX560. Measure power when mining).

If I had my time again I would have started small to better understand what I was doing rather than jump in at the deap end, so with that in mind stick with what you have, and play around with it, try differnet coins, different miners (and there tweeks), different pools, it should take you less than 2 months to get familiar enough with what you're doing.
When selecting a card you have to work out the ROI to ensure you're not going to lose your money, check card cost, electricity cost and hashrate (remember a factory set card will have a lower hashrate to one with a modded BIOS, I used to have an RX560 and boosted the hashrate by flashing the BIOS).
An RX470 can be as good as an RX480 or RX580 and they are cheeper on Ebay. I have an R9 270X 4GB Sapphire on my 'general use' PC and it gets 460 h/s on Electroneum and 15Mh/s on Expanse  (after modding the BIOS and boosting clocks in Afterburner).
Elminite

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:03:07 AM

whats the best you can do to a xfx 560 micron single fan?

About 14.8 if card doesn't have additional power connector, 15.5 if it has it.
Everything above 15.5 is just question of cooling memory...gigabyte has advantage that
metal part of cooler covers memory chips too...I don't know about any other card like that, but
if it exists, it should be able to reach 16MH/s too

Which settings should give me that speed on XFX 560 Single Fan with

Memory timings?Clocks?

Thanks.

i have a modded bios for XFX RX 560's that get me a 14.xx stable. You may be able to hit 15.xxx but I could not as the MAX mem clock was 2000 for mine. All of the ones I have are MICRON memory. However even after taking each and tuning them one by one separately. I get weird hashrates i.e 14.xxx on one while another 11.xxx on others. Its strange... not sure what is happening. I normally used the batch file on Claymore to edit the settings/set overclocks/voltage etc. But have been experimenting with using Wattman, and Afterburner.

So far Wattman is okay, but still not even hashrates all around, and AB combined with Claymore is a hit or miss sometimes to have them all at 14.xxx ;

Example: in claymore GPU0 is 11.xxx Mh/s GPU1 is 14.xxx and GPU2 is 11.xxx doesnt make any sense why this is. What I have noticed however is that the DAG file creation time for GPU1 is 8XXX ms vs 11982 ms for the other two. I'm lead to believe the faster the creation of the DAG poch file   = high hash rate.

and these mod values ans straps are:
If you care to share.

I got 12.6-12.7 Mh/s with 1625 straps and 2040 mem and 1150 GPU core clock. Me,ory is micron. Single Fan XFX RX 560.

I also noticed the gpu I have is a downgraded version with 14 CU rather than original 16 CU RX560.

Maybe my values are limit with what I got.

Here is it boys Smiley https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DTCpIzPC38v5ShgBu-bFzfciaQXZBxaP?usp=sharing

For u XFX 560 bois

Don't thank me tho, thank the all mighty Branko (I am not worthy), *cough* send him eth for his work *cough*

I apologize for not replying sooner, got diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression but I found the help I need and have faith everything will be ok Smiley

I will try your bios strap settings on my on other cards I'm having problems with. I'm thinking of reverting to the blockchain drivers (beta ones released in Aug) instead of the up to the date Adrenaline (now) drivers.
Elminite

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:15:48 AM

Everything above 15.5 is just question of cooling memory...gigabyte has advantage that
metal part of cooler covers memory chips too...I don't know about any other card like that, but

Memory timings?Clocks?

Thanks.

i have a modded bios for XFX RX 560's that get me a 14.xx stable. You may be able to hit 15.xxx but I could not as the MAX mem clock was 2000 for mine. All of the ones I have are MICRON memory. However even after taking each and tuning them one by one separately. I get weird hashrates i.e 14.xxx on one while another 11.xxx on others. Its strange... not sure what is happening. I normally used the batch file on Claymore to edit the settings/set overclocks/voltage etc. But have been experimenting with using Wattman, and Afterburner.

So far Wattman is okay, but still not even hashrates all around, and AB combined with Claymore is a hit or miss sometimes to have them all at 14.xxx ;

Example: in claymore GPU0 is 11.xxx Mh/s GPU1 is 14.xxx and GPU2 is 11.xxx doesnt make any sense why this is. What I have noticed however is that the DAG file creation time for GPU1 is 8XXX ms vs 11982 ms for the other two. I'm lead to believe the faster the creation of the DAG poch file   = high hash rate.

If you care to share.

I got 12.6-12.7 Mh/s with 1625 straps and 2040 mem and 1150 GPU core clock. Me,ory is micron. Single Fan XFX RX 560.

I also noticed the gpu I have is a downgraded version with 14 CU rather than original 16 CU RX560.

Here is it boys Smiley https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DTCpIzPC38v5ShgBu-bFzfciaQXZBxaP?usp=sharing

For u XFX 560 bois

Don't thank me tho, thank the all mighty Branko (I am not worthy), *cough* send him eth for his work *cough*

I apologize for not replying sooner, got diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression but I found the help I need and have faith everything will be ok Smiley

I will try your bios strap settings on my on other cards I'm having problems with. I'm thinking of reverting to the blockchain drivers (beta ones released in Aug) instead of the up to the date Adrenaline (now) drivers.

Also thanks for advising me on the 1625 straps.

All run now @ 14.xxx 14.3 mh/s 14.1 mh/s no problem. Smiley

Updating to 10.3 claymore vs 10.0 seemed to do it. I didn't change to Blockchain drivers as I said I would, I like Adrenalines Wattman profiles anyhow.

I'm tempted to kick the mem clock to 2075 (to reach 15.0 mh/s); its at 2000 rn but its probably not worth the risk.

g550lakemont

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:00:41 PM

For u XFX 560 bois

Hello, is the above provided XFX 560 bois work on ASUS or MSI RX 560 4gb cards below?  If not anyone have a bios upgrade to get them running close to 14-15 Mh/s?  Thank you

MSI RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC

ASUS Radeon RX 560 14CU 4GB EVO OC Edition
Branko

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:33:53 PM

For u XFX 560 bois

Hello, is the above provided XFX 560 bois work on ASUS or MSI RX 560 4gb cards below?  If not anyone have a bios upgrade to get them running close to 14-15 Mh/s?  Thank you

No, you cant use other card bios, but you can usually use straps (if they have same memory type)
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:28:03 PM

For u XFX 560 bois

For the ASUS Card I have unlocked my VBIOS to 16CU / 1024 Shader ... maybe it works at your card :
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/iI389is0/file.html
BiiT MAster 666

Activity: 225
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:57:44 PM

For u XFX 560 bois

For the ASUS Card I have unlocked my VBIOS to 16CU / 1024 Shader ... maybe it works at your card :
http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/iI389is0/file.html

thank you
i hope it work for me
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:11:58 PM

thank you
i hope it work for me
Please report the result, it is the first RX560D I had unlocked, and some people said it is not possible  Wink .
Goldenbunip

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:25:48 PM

For u XFX 560 bois

For a MSI ITX 560 Areo 4GB with Hynix memory
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N9aE4jBraopVhCf299IOMLsRTqgvtIlY

Modded strap I got off a forum, The strat is from 1750 to 2250
I have two of these cards now running at 2200 mem, core -7.5%  Pulls 440H crypto and 16H on Eth.
Stock Voltages and only slightly upped fans.
jakerss

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:49:57 PM

Memory timings?Clocks?

Thanks.

If you care to share.

For u XFX 560 bois

Updating to 10.3 claymore vs 10.0 seemed to do it. I didn't change to Blockchain drivers as I said I would, I like Adrenalines Wattman profiles anyhow.

I'm tempted to kick the mem clock to 2075 (to reach 15.0 mh/s); its at 2000 rn but its probably not worth the risk.

You are having a 14+ mh/s with XFX rx 560 single fan model? I am thinking to buy 8x XFX rx560 but i was afraid to not to get more than 12 mh/s.

Also anyone tried dual mining with this card?
Branko

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:39:38 PM

You are having a 14+ mh/s with XFX rx 560 single fan model? I am thinking to buy 8x XFX rx560 but i was afraid to not to get more than 12 mh/s.

If you plan to dual mine, I strongly suggest card with additional pci-e power connector and good cooling
rogerbminer

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:12:20 AM

Memory timings?Clocks?

Thanks.

If you care to share.

For u XFX 560 bois

Getting Between 10.2 and 10.7 mh/s in eth and 270 - 320 in sia.
Mining Eth only 13 mh/s

Total per day average is less while dual mining.
jakerss

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:59:03 AM

Memory timings?Clocks?

Thanks.

If you care to share.

For u XFX 560 bois

Getting Between 10.2 and 10.7 mh/s in eth and 270 - 320 in sia.
Mining Eth only 13 mh/s

Total per day average is less while dual mining.

Thank you sir for sharing results, looks like eth mining is the best way to start.

Also thanks Branko for your suggestions.
MarkSinn

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:42:47 AM

better 8gb gpu for difficulty increasing
Branko

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:20:34 PM

better 8gb gpu for difficulty increasing

8GB has nothing with difficulty, but DAG size...and 4GB will be enough for 3 more years (up until 24/APR/2021), by then all today
cards will be obsolete, both 4 and 8GB versions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: