Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:12:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52056 times)
batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:56:47 AM

I try not to sell Bitcoin at all, but to hold it  Smiley As for Altcoins - I try not to keep them at all, I don't see this as a reliable investment. I sell as soon as there is even a small winning percentage, so to say. I go about it intuitively.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:52:16 AM

I try not to sell Bitcoin at all, but to hold it  Smiley As for Altcoins - I try not to keep them at all, I don't see this as a reliable investment. I sell as soon as there is even a small winning percentage, so to say. I go about it intuitively.
I think this is the right time to sell bitcoin because their price was continues increasing. Moreover I think if we sell bitcoin now, we incurred a lot of income. But now if we cannot sell it in the future there were a possibility to earn lost.
celested

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:58:22 AM

I mostly trade bitcoin and some popular altcoins like ripple, litecoin, Ethereum, strats and lisk. I do buy on poloniex when the % of push back is above 25% and sell when the percentage of push up is above 15%. It means I trade based on percentage.

The rate at which you trade is not important, the growth of each new currency is what you are interested in. However, at present, as bitcoin inflates, altcoin is also going up, which is generating exponential gains.
batt01

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:07:52 AM

I think this is the right time to sell bitcoin because their price was continues increasing. Moreover I think if we sell bitcoin now, we incurred a lot of income. But now if we cannot sell it in the future there were a possibility to earn lost.

I am pondering on whether to sell it in the near future or not. I'm not gonna sell it right now, cause I assume it has some growth potential still. But there may come an opportune moment to sell really soon, I agree here

babysweetTiger0401

Activity: 777
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:08:30 PM

I am really glad, I learned a lot on this thread alone Cheesy now I can play "safely" with altcoins and trading without worrying so much. One thing I learned here is don't trust your emotions, just be patient Smiley still learning though, need to read and read

Everyday is a learning process, I/we learn from our mistakes and from our experience we lessen our mistakes and make good decisions in trading. Yes, patience is the key and Bitcoin is worth the hodl. So hold and make more bitcoins for this will change our lives in the future.
Utterly agreed! The bitcoins are the future of the world. Giving up on them just under negative pressure and doubting the future of bitcoins is the silliest mistake one can ever commit in trading. Yeah! Holding onto bitcoins will never let you regret. They have a massive support and brilliant future. We should grab as many bitcoins as we can to have a bright future.

Yeah and right now the prices will increase due to the end of all the controversies about bitcoin's possible forks. Everything about that has been settled now people can totally rest assured that their bitcoins will remain "bitcoins" and not fork to different kinds of altcoins. I am really hoping that mcafees prediction will come through though. $500,000 is the time I will sell.

Its good tot hear that many of the member in this forum are learning and having a proper knowledge about in everything whether is about in  trading, bitcoin, altcoin, and many more that will give enhancement in this field of industry. Regarding about when do I sell my bitcoin for 100, 000$ is enough for me to live happily with my love ones.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:40:52 PM

I mostly trade bitcoin and some popular altcoins like ripple, litecoin, Ethereum, strats and lisk. I do buy on poloniex when the % of push back is above 25% and sell when the percentage of push up is above 15%. It means I trade based on percentage.
You have very good tactics this will help you get more profitable and more experienced but this will also make you have a psychological fear when the price falls and you can not sell as you like. . I think you should be more careful about this tactic
Itjoker

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 12:56:27 PM

You have very good tactics this will help you get more profitable and more experienced but this will also make you have a psychological fear when the price falls and you can not sell as you like. . I think you should be more careful about this tactic
That's why I think it is better to use a stop loss when the price has already reached at least + 5%.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:20:51 PM

My new strategy is to accumulate as much bitcoins as I can Smiley))) And sell only when I will be millionaire! Roll Eyes
If from january 2017 to june 2017 so many coins go up 500-1000% so this will be again and again. Just need to wait 1-2 year. From 10000$ you can do in 1 year 100000$. In 2 year 1 000 000$

Just need to be patient!

Good luck for all, guys!

You are right because without any patience it is not possible to make fortunes in the altcoin market. Cryptos market is kept increasing year after year because many people have a lot of faith in this, so it is very advisable hold for the long term to make more money on your investment.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:23:29 PM

No. i hope if we cannot sell it now and hold it for more time we cannot get loss because i am fully believe in the price of bitcoin that its price will be very soon hit 5000$. I think you make a plan to sell your bitcoin but that time you need to wait.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:00:28 PM

No. i hope if we cannot sell it now and hold it for more time we cannot get loss because i am fully believe in the price of bitcoin that its price will be very soon hit 5000$. I think you make a plan to sell your bitcoin but that time you need to wait.

I just hope that the price of bitcoin will go as high as $10,000 -  that is what I have received on my email few months ago. I guess there is no reason why it will not reach that price giving its value and adaptation of investors as shown in the market today.
TobiasVR

Activity: 626
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:00:46 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I will sell my assets when prices are highest, but I do not sell assets as a whole, I am reserving 10%
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:38:23 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I will sell my assets when prices are highest, but I do not sell assets as a whole, I am reserving 10%
Bitcoin value was unstoppable, due to continuously raising up of this coin price. I hope it was not end because bitcoin now had a good demand in the market.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:46:05 PM

Bitcoin value was unstoppable, due to continuously raising up of this coin price. I hope it was not end because bitcoin now had a good demand in the market.

Indeed, and now the price just keeps on raising. I don't think it is still the right time to sell. Maybe prices will even reach $10,000 this year. Seems like McAfee would not be sucking his dick in national tv. It is looking like we could reach that mythical $500,000 each bitcoins if it continues like this. I am hopeful though!
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:15:35 PM

I just hope that the price of bitcoin will go as high as $10,000 -  that is what I have received on my email few months ago. I guess there is no reason why it will not reach that price giving its value and adaptation of investors as shown in the market today.
i respect your expectation, but i think it will take a lot of time. i think those people who have good patient and who can also manage to hold their bitcoins for  a long time then it is very good to wait for that time but i think most of the people do not have such patient and they mostly sell their bitcoin when the price of bitcoin a little increase.
deddod

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 05:08:56 PM

Yes, for now, it is better to hold your Bitcoin than you sell it.
Bitcoin price increase this month is very fast. Last month I saw it when Bitcoin price $ 3000 and now $ 4000 maybe the end of year Bitcoin price will reach $ 5000- $ 10000.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:19:08 PM

Since bitcoin was $500 i sell 10% of my coins every time the price doubles, this has worked quite well for me over the years. Never sell all and always keep the majority of your bag. You just never know how high the price will go.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:54:48 PM

Bitcoin price increase this month is very fast. Last month I saw it when Bitcoin price $ 3000 and now $ 4000 maybe the end of year Bitcoin price will reach $ 5000- $ 10000.
Well it is your way but I will suggest to sell half bit coin and hold half of them. Then the amount you get from selling, use them in some trade and try to increase them and the wait again buy some and then sell half and hold half and repeat it again and again I bought them last month when it was 2k and people called me fool and now the appreciate me.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:56:06 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 12:11:26 AM by carlerha

Well it is your way but I will suggest to sell half bit coin and hold half of them. Then the amount you get from selling, use them in some trade and try to increase them and the wait again buy some and then sell half and hold half and repeat it again and again I bought them last month when it was 2k and people called me fool and now the appreciate me.
i think still there is time to sell bitcoin, therefore i think we should wait for some time, because the price of bitcoin is expected to increase too much. i am hopeful that in next few year bitcoin price will be trading above 10000$ therefore we should not sell your bitcoin in such a low price.
Slowhand26

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:12:41 AM

Hi guys, may I ask our tenured traders here. I bought four alts last week and it's been a week on trading and alts are really down Sad do you consider time as well? Should I sell these alts already considering the amount of time it's been on the trading site?I am just new with trading and as much as I don't want to panic, I am really afraid that alts will not be recovered in any moment. I just want an honest opinion from our good traders here or any traders here same with my condition?

I want to be open with you guys, alts I bought are NXT, ETH, XRP and DASH. No where I can find any improvement of these alts on the market. I sincerely appreciate your reply guys. Thanks!
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:29:12 AM

Hi guys, may I ask our tenured traders here. I bought four alts last week and it's been a week on trading and alts are really down Sad do you consider time as well? Should I sell these alts already considering the amount of time it's been on the trading site?I am just new with trading and as much as I don't want to panic, I am really afraid that alts will not be recovered in any moment. I just want an honest opinion from our good traders here or any traders here same with my condition?

I want to be open with you guys, alts I bought are NXT, ETH, XRP and DASH. No where I can find any improvement of these alts on the market. I sincerely appreciate your reply guys. Thanks!

I am not a trader expert but I do have a share of advice I can give you based on personal situation at the moment. I also have bought some altcoins few days ago and they are also going down. I decided to hold the line and will not going to sell them for now - I just wait until the price of bitcoin stabilize and everything goes back to normal - this too will pass.. Hold the line! Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: