Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:33:42 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52066 times)
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:01:29 PM

Usually i sell my coins at 30% increase and then i'm waiting for dip. If no dips occur i buy another coin. this method applies to coins which i trade speculatively.
I have other coins on long term hold put on private wallets not exchanges

Hold and accumulate more is one of my effective strategies so far in growing my portfolio. Holding when it will not reach my desired calculated goals and buying as much as I can when the price is going down - then patiently wait.
Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:10:51 AM

In my opinion, there is no best time to sell bitcoins or any other alt-coins.
You need to have a basic knowledge of “Buy the dips, then sell high”. This generally means, as long as you are buying / generating BTC you need to constantly study the Crypto currency Market Capitalization charts. Once the graph shows a high, price reaching maximum and stays stable for a few days, you have the option of selling it. It also depends on your current necessity and need. If its extremely urgent for you, then anytime is the best time. However, if you are following the general moto of making profit out of it, sell only when the prices are above your capital or amount you have invested in BTC. There will surely be profit in return.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:36:15 PM

You need to have a basic knowledge of “Buy the dips, then sell high”. This generally means, as long as you are buying / generating BTC you need to constantly study the Crypto currency Market Capitalization charts. Once the graph shows a high, price reaching maximum and stays stable for a few days, you have the option of selling it. It also depends on your current necessity and need. If its extremely urgent for you, then anytime is the best time. However, if you are following the general moto of making profit out of it, sell only when the prices are above your capital or amount you have invested in BTC. There will surely be profit in return.

I could not agree more with you mate. It should always be good to sell when you are at good profit and whenever there is an urgent need for the money. If there is no urgent need and you are at a good profit already, you can either hold more or sell and wait when the price goes down and buy again.
NavySeals

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:51:33 PM

I could not agree more with you mate. It should always be good to sell when you are at good profit and whenever there is an urgent need for the money. If there is no urgent need and you are at a good profit already, you can either hold more or sell and wait when the price goes down and buy again.

Selling when expensive to buy when cheap doesn't work in practical applications. I tried so many times and every time I faced with money loss after my decissions like this. Selling at ATH and exit is the best option.
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:16:28 AM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
im holding huge amount of iota and xlm and i have a great plan when i have to sold it and how long i hold it. i keep tracking my coin in the market and keep searching the event that coming out in this 2018. i planing to sell it after tokyo blockchain event

khalifa25

Activity: 242
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:55:00 AM

For me I don't understand what logic they are applying. Why would you sell when you are getting less amount of Bitcoins . Like if the prices of Bitcoin are high so you will get less Bitcoins for that amount of USD.
Emitdama

Activity: 1764
Merit: 328

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:37:40 AM

in crypto investing you must always have a target of your profit,you don't need to wait for a long period of time if the coins that you are holding is very promising why?? because you can play with it during its peak and dip.The best thing to do is be 50% high then sell it,then wait for its dip to buy again.Buy low sell high.
I agree with you, if the price is low we have to buy as much as possible, and if the price is high we no doubt to sell it, because buying at a low price it could be our investment in the future and very profitable for us.
There is no harm in selling bitcoin when the prices are touching the sky but you should not sell it off under two circumstances. Firstly when the prices are going down and secondly when they have just recovered from a hard dump. In both conditions you are going to bear a loss. It is highly profitable to sell it off when you have reached your target otherwise keep holding to your coin because patience pays off.
dutchkay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:16:25 PM

I always consider calculating my profits in satoshi noting down when i enter and exist, but i prefer making double on my investments. In some cases some coins rise in USD leaving their satoshi low, in such case, if i see other low coins to buy i will sell off my USD gain and use it to accumulate other low sat coins.
jayhawk1

Activity: 352

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:25:13 AM

you know every person trades to get profit but all can't get at the same time some one have to loose so that other can gain. when ever you are trading in shares just make a flow chart of the price per share if you have bought that share on like 500/ share and the price is going on 480/ share at that time if you think that share price will rise that just made a purchase on 480/ share and even if price didn't rise and it was stuck on 490/ share than you can sell to recover the loss from 2nd transaction
now that makes some sense .obviously a person will sell out his asset when he needs some money or when he  wants to have some dollars in his pocket.  Selling out is essential. As we all know that digital market is volatile one and in order to make most profit out of one's coin, a person must sell out when the peak is reached.  All that is needed to be done for this is to keep checking the price from time to time.
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:34:51 AM

Usually I only sell my coin when it's price is pump. I don't like to wait until the peak of pump because no one can predict it correctly. If I can get profit then I will sell it, I don't care if the price keep increasing or not .

TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:49:50 AM

every day i withdraw the max poloniex will allow me and sell them on stamp.  but im generating them faster than im selling them via altcoin trading.

60659 📦
PERtua

Activity: 303
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:15:55 AM

Usually I only sell my coin when it's price is pump. I don't like to wait until the peak of pump because no one can predict it correctly. If I can get profit then I will sell it, I don't care if the price keep increasing or not .

we have the same attitude but what i do most is that i sell half or 3/4 of my holdings once its on peak cause i know it will surely dump. after the dump, i will buy back acquiring more than i have sold. Smiley
CryptoScorpio

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:53:33 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

It depends on the type of trading. If I trade for a day, then 5-10% is a good amount to sell for big coins. If I trade or 3 months, 50-200% is good and for long term like 1 year 10 to 20 times is good. Note: All these are for good and promising coins.
jinx029

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:27:10 AM

It is very good to set the mind set that when and which price you sell the available cryptocurrencies because if you still wait and make yourself busy in other things then their price if goes up but you are busy and price again in down after pump then in this way you have missed that profitable opportunity, So set the order and after that you can wait.
KomrelliManikanta

Activity: 89

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution trade.io

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:37:34 AM

Yes set %. I will sell my coins invested in ICO only when I see 1000% profit or more. For too good coins it will be 10000%. But that too I wont sell all my coins but I will sell 70% of them and I hold the remaining.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▽  TRADE.IO  ▽     ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Xetonica

Activity: 706
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:05:09 PM

Probably i will sell my coin when the price is going up not all my coin, It is better to sell immediately when the price pump, not all the time the price will pump after the price is pump and then it will go down.
Rubick99

Activity: 484
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:11:18 PM

Its depend on the price of coin. I am most sold if my profit more than 50%. Because I like Trades with mid-long term, that can give me more profit
palensya

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:27:55 PM

I do sell when my profit becomes 100-200% that is my deciding factor if i am going to sell my coins.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

For me I don't understand what logic they are applying. Why would you sell when you are getting less amount of Bitcoins . Like if the prices of Bitcoin are high so you will get less Bitcoins for that amount of USD.
There is no logic to it. It's just that we need to follow the prices of Bitcoin as its orice is dependent on Fiat Currency, and why don't you get it the buyer is on the advantage here as they will use a lesser amount of Bitcoin needed for that purchase. The only sad thing I see is of course network fees being applied on every transaction which you are required to send to another wallet address.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
chocobo21

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:49:07 PM

It's harrd to know when to sell but what I usually do is wait and when the coin pump something like +100% a day then it's a good time to sell
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: