Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:38:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner USB group buy- orders closed, pay for extra!  (Read 165561 times)
PeZ

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:20:28 AM

In a few weeks it'll be 0.6 BTC.   Wink
See, I am psychic. Smiley

With the increases in difficulty, it is still too much.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:17:34 PM

ok guys, i heard from Friedcat - though i'm a little confused due to translation, i think.

as discussed in PM with him (nothing confidential mentioned, so i don't feel concerned with posting it.)

Hey FC. Heard about the price cut on the usb miners to . 6 btc each, and a coupon for those who bought at 1btc. I'm wondering what the case is for my 512 units paid at 1.99 btc?

I've got the original members of the group buy interested in the reduced price through the coupon.

Thanks for any info.
Hi,

It's true. But currently it only covers 30% and we will ship them in August 1. Please compensate them in a reverse time order. It is possible that we cover 100% but that would be after August 10 at least.

Best regards,

friedcat

sounds like the previous buyers get a coupon for 30% off - not a price of .1 btc. but that could change after august 10.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:22:26 PM

keep me in the loop - I went ahead and bought 4 more from BTCguild to avg down my price but if we get another 30% off the .6 that is interesting

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:27:14 PM

ok guys, i heard from Friedcat - though i'm a little confused due to translation, i think.

as discussed in PM with him (nothing confidential mentioned, so i don't feel concerned with posting it.)

Hey FC. Heard about the price cut on the usb miners to . 6 btc each, and a coupon for those who bought at 1btc. I'm wondering what the case is for my 512 units paid at 1.99 btc?

I've got the original members of the group buy interested in the reduced price through the coupon.

Thanks for any info.
Hi,

It's true. But currently it only covers 30% and we will ship them in August 1. Please compensate them in a reverse time order. It is possible that we cover 100% but that would be after August 10 at least.

Best regards,

friedcat

sounds like the previous buyers get a coupon for 30% off - not a price of .1 btc. but that could change after august 10.

What he means is, he can only cover 30% of the units due to a supply issue.  The price is .1

After August 10th, may be able to extend the offer to cover all 512 units, not just the 30% (153 units).

He is suggesting you prioritize orders in reverse time, as in... people who ordered later get the deal over people who ordered sooner.  That does not really apply to us, as we were a group buy.  I imagine this is a blanket response he is sending to many vendors, as BTC guild posted something similar.

There are multiple ways you could handle this...

realistically we all ordered at the same time, since it was one group buy... not some re-seller deal.  You could operate on a first come first serve basis for people that pay attention and show up, you could only allow people to get 30% of what they ordered... who knows what other options we could come up with.

I initially ordered 3, and I would like the other 3 I am qualified to get.  If other people do not claim their units at the coupon price, I am willing to purchase ANY AND ALL remaining units priced at .1

So... now what?

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:32:34 PM

that makes much more sense! thanks for interpreting. Cheesy

well, first, obviously i need to make a new spreadsheet to track this and announce that i'm accepting orders from previous buyers, and modify the OP and such. i'll work on that now.

second - being aug 1 already - i don't know. i'm utterly broke so i can't place the order myself.

aahzmundus

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:46:57 PM

well, first, obviously i need to make a new spreadsheet to track this and announce that i'm accepting orders from previous buyers, and modify the OP and such. i'll work on that now.

second - being aug 1 already - i don't know. i'm utterly broke so i can't place the order myself.

So we need to figure out 1) how to allocate the miners and 2) how to get you the miners asap.

Previously Friedcat was willing to use Asicminer shares as collateral to purchase the miners, I am willing to put up some of my shares as a guarantee that we will pay the 15.3 btc needed for the 153 miners (30% of the 512 from the groupbuy) in an effort to get things moving as quickly as possible.

We then just need to figure out how to allocate the miners.  The hope would be that everyone gets all they deserve by the 10th, but who knows if that will hold up.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 09:56:09 PM

So we need to figure out 1) how to allocate the miners and 2) how to get you the miners asap.

Previously Friedcat was willing to use Asicminer shares as collateral to purchase the miners, I am willing to put up some of my shares as a guarantee that we will pay the 15.3 btc needed for the 153 miners (30% of the 512 from the groupbuy) in an effort to get things moving as quickly as possible.

We then just need to figure out how to allocate the miners.  The hope would be that everyone gets all they deserve by the 10th, but who knows if that will hold up.

my logic is that waiting until the 9th to submit the order, thus allowing them to ship them on the tenth, is reasonable. rushing beyond that seems... messy.

allocating the miners - i need to confirm there's a limit to the number we can order. assuming there is, then we can limit it to units ordered previously, unless people declare they will not order, or simply don't speak up at all by the morning of the 9th. i'll reach out to everyone by PM in a second, and to friedcat right now to see about the limit.

as for the "ordering asap using shares" i had one - but in a bit of chaotic life, had to sell it and move to texas a couple weeks ago. so i don't have any shares or any coin.if you and others are willing ot out up shares, we can order now and sell whatever people in the GB don't want i guess. thinking aloud here. open to ideas.

the OP has been modified as follows:

ok fellas. we are BACK and taking order's! each PREVIOUS BUYER can place an order for USB miners at .175 per unit. the .075 is for my fee and shipping - which will be fedex ground.

Ordering is open until august 9, 6 pm mountain time (that's friday, about 1:20 from current forum time) payment is due ASAP so i can place the order and get the shipment from friedcat on it's way as of the 10th.

International buyers - please contact me before sending payment!

send payments to:
1FhKvN9VB9AhJ3pfsEMa7ZDpuifSh5JXNo

NOTE: that's my address, directly. there is NOT an escrow service this time. (previous order was completed as you all know, so why spend the fee? if this is an issue for you, please discuss)

i THINK this is limited to the numbers ordered previously - let me confirm that before you guys go hog wild.

link to spreadsheet of current orders (same spreadsheet as before, i just modified it):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCZrDbAiz_PdE4tbDR3X3owMHNMb1NyekJGWHN4QlE&usp=sharing

tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:04:42 PM

i bought from you before and sold it ,can i buy now at .175 btc .
Thank you.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:08:43 PM

Thank you.

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't you sell yours before i shipped it?

tigerfree
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:11:34 PM

Thank you.

yes i did , i hope you consider me as previous customers as i bought from you and sold it again because i need the money that time .
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:18:07 PM

Thank you.

yes i did , i hope you consider me as previous customers as i bought from you and sold it again because i need the money that time .

complicated. i mean, yes, in the strictest sense, you are. but then do i deny the person you sold to? seems unfair to them. of course, denying you seems unfair to you...

i honestly don't know. as long as we're considering this limited in number of units available, i think i have to see only those who actually received units.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:19:36 PM

I was a part of the original group buy but also sold to someone before shipped to me.  I would be interested in getting in at this new price and would put up some coin to cover others expenses before they order so that we can get this order in sooner rather than later.

I fully understand that I sold before shipment, and that that should remove me from taking place in this.  If there is room please consider bringing me in, otherwise its fine and dont worry about it, but just know that I can cover others expenses and get the full order paid for immediately.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:20:57 PM

Thank you.

complicated. i mean, yes, in the strictest sense, you are. but then do i deny the person you sold to? seems unfair to them. of course, denying you seems unfair to you...

i honestly don't know. as long as we're considering this limited in number of units available, i think i have to see only those who actually received units.

I agree, if you sold you shouldnt be eligable, but whoever received the unit should be.  That is why I am asking if there is room to bring me in.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

I'll take another 20 @ 0.175

Have not heard anything official about the price drop, though. I have an email to Friedcat about wanting to independently buy another 50 @ 0.1 BTC that has not yet been responded to Sad
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:23:09 PM

Thank you.

I agree, if you sold you shouldnt be eligable, but whoever received the unit should be.  That is why I am asking if there is room to bring me in.

i hear ya debit. keep an eye here and i'll be happy to include ya if i can.

Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:24:37 PM

I am not participating in this buy, whatever benefit there is to be had from my previous participation is available to the new participants at the discretion of arklan

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
tigerfree
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:25:07 PM

Thank you.

That is ok , but if there is room to bring me in plz don't forget me  Smiley.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:25:30 PM

Thank you.

i hear ya debit. keep an eye here and i'll be happy to include ya if i can.

I appreciate it, and will do, I have a feeling not everyone will come back for the incentive, so I would be poised to pick up a bunch depending on how many people havent claimed.  I will keep an eye here and will keep in contact about incentives not being claimed.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:28:27 PM

I'll take another 20 @ 0.175

Have not heard anything official about the price drop, though. I have an email to Friedcat about wanting to independently buy another 50 @ 0.1 BTC that has not yet been responded to Sad

indeed. it's odd... but, uh... *shrug* i dun know.

I am not participating in this buy, whatever benefit there is to be had from my previous participation is available to the new participants at the discretion of arklan

well, ok then.

that frees up 2!

shall i split them between you, tigerfree and debitme?

sgrunger

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

I'd buy more than 4.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: