Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:48:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: TOA Coin - your travel cryptocurrency  (Read 52628 times)
Mindin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:08:10 AM

Folks always talking about marketing and going viral with the false belief that this type of activity will increase the price.

One of the reasons I like TOACoin is because they don't give a crap about that at this time.

They believe in working with vendors, joint partnerships and creating a WORKING product and getting it out there to the public rather than kow-towing to investors.

Rather than an big hoopla crazy ICO, they did a crowdsale where if you believe in what they are doing, you can simply buy coin packages.

I am okay with their modus operandi. I manage my expectations and don't go around asking silly questions like

1. "When Exchange?"
2. "When Lambo?"
3. "When Airdrop?"
4. "When Moon?"

LOL!

Enjoy your day and remember this...

The real coins have real business models. If you look at a deal as if it is a business, you will suddenly realize that it takes years for profitability.

It will moon as soon as you guys sell. LOL

On the same note, I think TOA has in fact already mooned and a long time ago for that matter. It has been slipping ever since.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hongyenvo1999

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:04:22 PM

Devs, what made me belive your project isnt scam
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:29:24 AM

Folks always talking about marketing and going viral with the false belief that this type of activity will increase the price.

One of the reasons I like TOACoin is because they don't give a crap about that at this time.

They believe in working with vendors, joint partnerships and creating a WORKING product and getting it out there to the public rather than kow-towing to investors.

Rather than an big hoopla crazy ICO, they did a crowdsale where if you believe in what they are doing, you can simply buy coin packages.

I am okay with their modus operandi. I manage my expectations and don't go around asking silly questions like

1. "When Exchange?"
2. "When Lambo?"
3. "When Airdrop?"
4. "When Moon?"

LOL!

The real coins have real business models. If you look at a deal as if it is a business, you will suddenly realize that it takes years for profitability.

On the same note, I think TOA has in fact already mooned and a long time ago for that matter. It has been slipping ever since.

currently at 25 sats.  whether bitcoin price goes up or down, this just keeps going down. other alts are able to recover and improve in terms of bitcoin price but this.... could be aiming for 1 sat....!  Huh Huh Huh

admire the fact that this has a "real business model". that's good. how is toa used there again? coz if business is running, price should be improving right?

someone from a few pages back said something about price not being boosted because a number of toa holders might just dump their toa. i'd have to look for that comment and quote it here. anyway, just to react to that, if price recovers to say the previous 120 sat price, the core team behind this shouldn't worry about dumping if it'll happen - if they believe so much in this coin, right? why worry about dumping if business is running and coins'll just change hands? is that not healthy? wouldn't that make hodlers happy and make toa coin competitive? better that than this scenario - scaring away investors....
TOA Coin (OP)

Activity: 589

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

Devs, what made me belive your project isnt scam

We have an active and working blockchain. We also have a web wallet and an android mobile wallet where they can see our merchant partners and use toacoins to pay for meals and hotel rooms.

Mindin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:45:16 AM

1. "When Exchange?"
2. "When Lambo?"
3. "When Airdrop?"
4. "When Moon?"

LOL!

currently at 25 sats.  whether bitcoin price goes up or down, this just keeps going down. other alts are able to recover and improve in terms of bitcoin price but this.... could be aiming for 1 sat....!  Huh Huh Huh

admire the fact that this has a "real business model". that's good. how is toa used there again? coz if business is running, price should be improving right?

someone from a few pages back said something about price not being boosted because a number of toa holders might just dump their toa. i'd have to look for that comment and quote it here. anyway, just to react to that, if price recovers to say the previous 120 sat price, the core team behind this shouldn't worry about dumping if it'll happen - if they believe so much in this coin, right? why worry about dumping if business is running and coins'll just change hands? is that not healthy? wouldn't that make hodlers happy and make toa coin competitive? better that than this scenario - scaring away investors....

Wake up call! It's a scrypt coin. Their "business" is just a gimmick and a scam. Of course the coin will go down, its valued at close to $7 million and is a total scam. Even if this goes down another 90% it would still be too expensive to buy.
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 07:25:38 AM

1. "When Exchange?"
2. "When Lambo?"
3. "When Airdrop?"
4. "When Moon?"

LOL!

Wake up call! It's a scrypt coin. Their "business" is just a gimmick and a scam. Of course the coin will go down, its valued at close to $7 million and is a total scam. Even if this goes down another 90% it would still be too expensive to buy.

If you are looking for shortterm investment, TOA is definitly not the right coin for you. It doesnt promise innovation, so investors can not speculate. It never promised anything into that direction.

At the moment BTC is low and so people lose trust into crypto and move their investments to more trusted and bigger coins. smaller alts are all down at the moment.

If you invest into TOA, then its for the longrun. Real and sustainable business takes time to build. Many have wrong expectations of how businesses are built, because they only hear of the few overnight successes, specially in the fast living cryptoworld.

Instead of bashing this coin, you can just dump your holdings, take the loss and move on. No need to waste your time.
Be the change you want to see in this coin. You want a TOA webshop? Create one. You want TOA to become known? Post on your social media about it. And so on....

I dont see a point in your FUD....its not constructive nor does it help to improve your situation....
care2yak

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:41:51 AM

If you are looking for shortterm investment, TOA is definitly not the right coin for you. It doesnt promise innovation, so investors can not speculate. It never promised anything into that direction.

At the moment BTC is low and so people lose trust into crypto and move their investments to more trusted and bigger coins. smaller alts are all down at the moment.

If you invest into TOA, then its for the longrun. Real and sustainable business takes time to build. Many have wrong expectations of how businesses are built, because they only hear of the few overnight successes, specially in the fast living cryptoworld.

Instead of bashing this coin, you can just dump your holdings, take the loss and move on. No need to waste your time.
Be the change you want to see in this coin. You want a TOA webshop? Create one. You want TOA to become known? Post on your social media about it. And so on....

I dont see a point in your FUD....its not constructive nor does it help to improve your situation....

don't call every appraisal/evaluation FUD. there's a difference.

if the core team believes in the future of toa coin, this belief should translate to better price movements. but with price ever slipping, what does this translate to? to me, it appears like the team behind this no longer have the passion and the drive to market toa. like there's just one person doing everything and he's burned out.

if there's a team here, then it's time for them to rev up and show the community that they're passionate about their project and that they truly believe in it. if there really is a business, how is toa used there? how is toa spent there? how are they encouraged to purchase and hold? are there incentives other than staking? what sort of excitement are offered so interests are piqued? etc. news that will spark renewed interest in this coin.

telling us about bitcon price dropped, so alts' price dropped as well or alts took a beating because bitcoin price rose, is not an excuse for toa price to keep plummeting.

there's a real reason why toa price is dipping and it's not because of bitcoin.
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:38:33 AM

if the core team believes in the future of toa coin, this belief should translate to better price movements. but with price ever slipping, what does this translate to? to me, it appears like the team behind this no longer have the passion and the drive to market toa. like there's just one person doing everything and he's burned out.

if there's a team here, then it's time for them to rev up and show the community that they're passionate about their project and that they truly believe in it. if there really is a business, how is toa used there? how is toa spent there? how are they encouraged to purchase and hold? are there incentives other than staking? what sort of excitement are offered so interests are piqued? etc. news that will spark renewed interest in this coin.

telling us about bitcon price dropped, so alts' price dropped as well or alts took a beating because bitcoin price rose, is not an excuse for toa price to keep plummeting.

Yeah, youre right. FUD might not be the right word. I just think a bashing without constructive input is not helpful to the project.

TOA did everything according to their Roadmap and keeps delivering. Last marketing stunt they did was the referal program.
How would you suggest to improve the marketing for this project in a realistic way?

Its hard to keep the interest of the mainstream without overpromising. People always assume its easy to make partnerships with the biggest and richest companies...
care2yak

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:16:38 AM

Yeah, youre right. FUD might not be the right word. I just think a bashing without constructive input is not helpful to the project.

TOA did everything according to their Roadmap and keeps delivering. Last marketing stunt they did was the referal program.
How would you suggest to improve the marketing for this project in a realistic way?

Its hard to keep the interest of the mainstream without overpromising. People always assume its easy to make partnerships with the biggest and richest companies...

look, in terms of access, toa is very accessible: you can have it in your mobile, notebook, pc. it's in the travel and tours industry and it has a running cafe so people can (should) have an active need for it. BUT is there a desire to keep and use it? would people with toa HAVE A REASON to get other people involved in toa? maybe go back to your swot analysis and translate that into something concrete. posting and telling the community to put up a site and accept toa payments is good but NOT GOOD ENOUGH. how can such people do that when the figures are showing NO FAITH in toa coin?

merchant tool services will have to start with toa getting a credible service to adopt it and that might give other merchants REASON to list that coin in their site / business. closing deals with industries that will accept toa sure is not easy but making that an objective and closing one will boost toa price because that relates to the beginning of utility and purpose, which in turn translates to the beginning of faith and belief in toa! there has to be a strong reason to let merchants accept the coin and for users to purchase and spend it. if this happens then that will initiate the cycle of utility and purpose for toa. it has to start with toa making the deals not obligating the community to start it.

where is the base of operations for toa? which key cities have toa hubs / cafes? is toa flourishing in those areas? because if it isn't, then maybe that's the problem. there's NO FAITH IN TOA EVEN AT ITS BASE!
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:31:57 AM

look, in terms of access, toa is very accessible: you can have it in your mobile, notebook, pc. it's in the travel and tours industry and it has a running cafe so people can (should) have an active need for it. BUT is there a desire to keep and use it? would people with toa HAVE A REASON to get other people involved in toa? maybe go back to your swot analysis and translate that into something concrete. posting and telling the community to put up a site and accept toa payments is good but NOT GOOD ENOUGH. how can such people do that when the figures are showing NO FAITH in toa coin?

merchant tool services will have to start with toa getting a credible service to adopt it and that might give other merchants REASON to list that coin in their site / business. closing deals with industries that will accept toa sure is not easy but making that an objective and closing one will boost toa price because that relates to the beginning of utility and purpose, which in turn translates to the beginning of faith and belief in toa! there has to be a strong reason to let merchants accept the coin and for users to purchase and spend it. if this happens then that will initiate the cycle of utility and purpose for toa. it has to start with toa making the deals not obligating the community to start it.

where is the base of operations for toa? which key cities have toa hubs / cafes? is toa flourishing in those areas? because if it isn't, then maybe that's the problem. there's NO FAITH IN TOA EVEN AT ITS BASE!

Very good points and i have nothing to add to it, I'd like to see the devs answer to this.
TOA Coin (OP)

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:37:00 AM

Thanks @thehihoguy. Everyone has good points shared. But still the TOA team has put in a lot off effort in the building of the coin and projects are still underway. As per the price  a lot of things needs to be done to raise it. Hopefully..

The1crypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:59:13 PM

Please help. I have a problem.

I have downloaded the windows wallet and it is all the time "out of sync". What I have to do to synchronize it?

Thanks
TOA Coin (OP)

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 01:51:27 AM

I have downloaded the windows wallet and it is all the time "out of sync". What I have to do to synchronize it?

Thanks

May we know if your using Windows or Mac? And are you behind a  firewall or company proxy?

Noojna

Activity: 687
Merit: 501

AVANTAGE - Blockchain Loyalty System

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 06:25:09 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2018, 06:56:51 AM by Noojna

Thanks

Two main possibilities why this sometimes happens:

1) Many TOA network connections but wallet never syncs - this means your wallet has gone on a fork, and bootstrap needs reloading - POS wallets get forked mainly from people who attempt to stake from a wallet that has not yet finished syncing. Be sure to lock your wallet while syncing, so it won't try to stake too early. Unlock your wallet when syncing has completed.

or

2) Zero TOA network connections: you should add some addnodes from the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/toa/#!network (click on "nodes list"), add them to your TOA.conf file.

Good luck!

PS. Official TOA bootstrap needs updating please... thanks!

███████████
  █████████████████████
                        ████████████████████████████                     
████             ███████████████        ███████████████             ███
  ███████       ███████████                              ██████████         ████
  ███████      ████████        ██████████████       ████████    ████████
   ██████    ████████        ██████████████████    ███████    ███████████
  ███████    ████████    ████████████████████  ████████  ██████████████
  ██████    ███████      ███████████            ██    ████████  ████████    █████
  ██████       ██████       ████████         ██████       ███████    ███████          █████
  ██████    ██████    ████████    ███████████████████  ████████  ███    █████
  ██████    ███████  ███████      ██████████████████    ████████  █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████    ████████████████████    ██████     ██████    █████
  █████    ███████   ██████      ███████            ████████  ██████    ███████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
██████    ██████    ██████  ███████  ███████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ████
██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████    ██████  █████
  █████    ███████  ██████       ██████               ███████  ██████       █████    █████
  ██████    ██████    ██████   ████████████████████   ██████    ██████    █████
  ██████    █████    ███████   ███████████████████   ██████       ██████    █████
███████    ██    ████████  ███████████████████      ███████   ██████    █████
  ██████          ███████    ████████  ████████      █████████    ███████    █████
███████    ████████   ███████                      ██████████      ███████    █████
  ██████████████      ███████  ████████████████████      ███████    ██████
  ████████████  █████████  ███████████████████      ████████    ██████
  ██████████  ████████     ████████████████         █████████    ██████
  ███████      ██████████                ██                ██████████      ██████
  █████           ██████████████            ██████████████           ████
  ███                   ██████████████████████████████                   █
  ███████████████████████
  ███████████████
🔥 🔥»📝 BTC 💬
The1crypto

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:50:21 AM

Thanks

Two main possibilities why this sometimes happens:

1) Many TOA network connections but wallet never syncs - this means your wallet has gone on a fork, and bootstrap needs reloading - POS wallets get forked mainly from people who attempt to stake from a wallet that has not yet finished syncing. Be sure to lock your wallet while syncing, so it won't try to stake too early. Unlock your wallet when syncing has completed.

or

2) Zero TOA network connections: you should add some addnodes from the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/toa/#!network (click on "nodes list"), add them to your TOA.conf file.

Good luck!

PS. Official TOA bootstrap needs updating please... thanks!

First, thanks for the help.

I´m running on windows.
I already have updated the Toa bootstrap, and it still doesn´t sync.
Where do I find my Toa.conf file to add the nodes list?

Thanks
The1crypto

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

Thanks

May we know if your using Windows or Mac? And are you behind a  firewall or company proxy?

I´ve windows. And I don´t have proxy, neither firewall.
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:22:52 PM

Keep dumping, i'm buying
TOA Coin (OP)

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 01:11:09 AM

Thanks

Go to Start. Type and search for %appdata%. It will open a Roaming folder. Look for TOA folder then let me know if you have a toa.conf inside.

The1crypto

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 05:55:01 AM

Thanks

Go to Start. Type and search for %appdata%. It will open a Roaming folder. Look for TOA folder then let me know if you have a toa.conf inside.

On Toa folder, I have: database and txleveldb (folders), & .lock, blk0001.dat, bd, debug, peers.dat, toa-qt and wallets.dat.  I don´t have any toa.conf (nor inside de 2 folders).
TOA Coin (OP)

www.toacoin.net

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 06:45:41 AM

Thanks

On Toa folder, I have: database and txleveldb (folders), & .lock, blk0001.dat, bd, debug, peers.dat, toa-qt and wallets.dat.  I don´t have any toa.conf (nor inside de 2 folders).

Sent you PM for the instructions to create toa.conf.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: