Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:07:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ PandaCoin [PND] ★★★ 2021 Network Update  (Read 64930 times)
jdhadwin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:34:45 PM

My PND made it into my account!  Great!

Hey I appreciate any free Panda, but it's me who should be paying you for the help, lol

My wallet address is:
PQ71hSUmi7JVwFozGoQV3AFV3mywFVuqaL

So, now that everything is in order, I'd like to offer help in my area of expertise, when the time comes.  I make videos for businesses, and I'd love to get involved in the plans for PND and maybe I could help out with the video.  (my work https://reelworthy.com)

Reading a bit about the history of the coin is pretty interesting... seems that PND was a response to some sort of scam version of another type of panda coin?  I can't remember where I read that (somewhere on here).

Bit of advice BTW.  For the time being, the video on PND's YouTube channel is great... but it has one thing going against it... it is three years old and it's clear that a very small minority of people ever cared much about it during that time... that long duration combined with the tiny trickle of attention makes people who want to invest in a small altcoin very stand-off-ish.  When I first saw the video, I thought "Yeah!  That's great, I've got to get into that!"  Then after I looked at the date and saw that it had already been released for 3 years and did almost nothing, I was bummed and lost faith... but then I thought, Ahh, you never know, and I pulled the trigger and bought some, because it's fun to root for the underdog.

So, I have a tiny bit of marketing advice.  Once the PandaBank wallet is fully functional and user friendly again, unpublish the original video (on YouTube) and reupload the same video, as if it's brand new.  The new date will excite those like me who are new to crypto and are looking for a dirt-cheap coin to buy, and then you can just pump the thing and get some life breathed back into it.

I'd love to know more about the plans, and would be very happy to help, lend my 2¢, and work to build value in this coin.  We could turn this coin into the Chuck Norris of AltCoins, lol.
psiksenz

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:37:15 AM

Interesting looking project.  I am liking you silver and gold panda coin.  Wouldn't mind one of those myself.  Is it possible to buy one of those coins?

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
kenelski

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:46:02 AM

Panda has new life? Interesting....
abbv21b

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 05:46:13 AM

Good to hear!   please keep us posted, you can download a snapshot to speed things up btw.
Don't forget we would like to give you a bonus and will need an address to send some Digital Pandacoin to you.
We have learned some important things and will make sure we make this easier for everyone else soon.

Wow, this is some awesome commitment from the team. Very glad to see posts like this. Just let us know how we (pandafans) can help!  Grin
jdhadwin

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 03:12:19 PM

Alright guys,

Got another bug report to work on this morning.

This same problem also happened with the earlier version of Panda I was running, before you switched me to this latest version.

1.  I open PandaBank.
2.  The loading screen says Loading Block Index...
3.  Switch to web browser (or any other app) to do something else while Panda is loading.
4.  A while later later, PandaCoin-Qt quits unexpectedly
5.  A quick read of the crash report indicates...
Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (pindex->pprev || pindex->GetBlockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)), function GetStakeModifierChecksum, file src/kernel.cpp, line 391.
6. Attempt to reopen PandaBank
7. Keep PandaBank active without switching to any other app... wait forever (we never progress beyond the loading screen which says Loading Block Index).
8.  Finally get tired of waiting and switch to another app to do something while waiting...
9.  When switching apps, the loading screen is hidden until you go back to PandaBank, and when it is hidden, an error window is revealed to have been behind it!  Viola.
10.  The error screen has an exclamation point on a stop sign and says, Error loading blkindex.dat.
11.  Click "OK".
12.  PandaBank closes with clicking "OK"
13.  Navigate to to ~/Library/Application\ Support/Pandacoin/ and delete all its contents except for wallet.dat
14.  Empty the Trash
15.  Open PandaBank
16.  It works.
17.  Now it will take a long time to get things back to normal, through syncing.

I attempted to make a quick video of this to help you troubleshoot.  https://youtu.be/HjUSjLIGuu0  Thanks for everything Smiley

~John
pandacoin-official

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:53:38 PM

This error indicates that your copy of the blockchain has been corrupted through either issues during the previous runtime, or bad storage.
Since you appear to be using a custom version of berkely db I would assume that it is caused by the former.

To avoid having to redownload and reevaluate the entire chain one could copy a valid state of the chain and simply copy that back, should this error surface again.

Alright guys,

This same problem also happened with the earlier version of Panda I was running, before you switched me to this latest version.

1.  I open PandaBank.
3.  Switch to web browser (or any other app) to do something else while Panda is loading.

Assertion failed: (pindex->pprev || pindex->GetBlockHash() == (!fTestNet ? hashGenesisBlock : hashGenesisBlockTestNet)), function GetStakeModifierChecksum, file src/kernel.cpp, line 391.
7. Keep PandaBank active without switching to any other app... wait forever (we never progress beyond the loading screen which says Loading Block Index).
8.  Finally get tired of waiting and switch to another app to do something while waiting...
9.  When switching apps, the loading screen is hidden until you go back to PandaBank, and when it is hidden, an error window is revealed to have been behind it!  Viola.
10.  The error screen has an exclamation point on a stop sign and says, Error loading blkindex.dat.
11.  Click "OK".
13.  Navigate to to ~/Library/Application\ Support/Pandacoin/ and delete all its contents except for wallet.dat
14.  Empty the Trash
15.  Open PandaBank
16.  It works.
17.  Now it will take a long time to get things back to normal, through syncing.

I attempted to make a quick video of this to help you troubleshoot.  https://youtu.be/HjUSjLIGuu0  Thanks for everything Smiley

~John

jommy99

Activity: 575

PND DevTeam

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2017, 06:04:29 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2017, 07:12:15 PM by jommy99

This error indicates that your copy of the blockchain has been corrupted through either issues during the previous runtime, or bad storage.
Since you appear to be using a custom version of berkely db I would assume that it is caused by the former.

To avoid having to redownload and reevaluate the entire chain one could copy a valid state of the chain and simply copy that back, should this error surface again.

Alright guys,

1.  I open PandaBank.

11.  Click "OK".
14.  Empty the Trash
15.  Open PandaBank
16.  It works.

~John
Wow very detailed escalation report!, please hang in there.  Very nice video work btw!
This may be due to how I had you install Berkely. Did the trouble begin after you downloaded our snapshot?  Is it happening now if you close and re-open PandaBank?  It might be a good idea to close PandaBank and brew uninstall berkeley-db4 and then brew install berkeley-db@4. I had a typo the first time I asked you to install it. I second guessed myself and diverged from our recommended version, the  berkeley-db@4 is what we are using on ours.

♝ Pandacoin    ♝ Earn Pandacoin ♝ Irc channel #DigitalPandacoin with tipbot
✬ Earn 2.5% Annual Interest ✬ Seeking Dev Team Help ✬ Blazing Fast Multi Mode Wallet ✬ Android Wallet ✬ No premine or IPO ✬
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ PANDACOINPND (´(ェ)`) Digital Pandacoin (´(ェ)`) PANDACOINPND ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Valt

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:34:46 PM

Who's giving away Pandacoin paper wallets for Xmas?

I'm not buying anything for anyone this Xmas. Instead everyone is getting a Pandacoin paper wallet.  Cheesy

Will print up a fancy envelope to put them in and keep the private keys safe from being snapped in a selfie.

Anyone else done this before? What do you recommend?

Setup and print the wallet first then fund the account. Maybe keep a backup of the private key in case they loose it. I'm sure people will loose them.  Roll Eyes

jdhadwin

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 12:27:22 AM

Wow very detailed escalation report!, please hang in there.  Very nice video work btw!
This may be due to how I had you install Berkely. Did the trouble begin after you downloaded our snapshot?  Is it happening now if you close and re-open PandaBank?  It might be a good idea to close PandaBank and brew uninstall berkeley-db4 and then brew install berkeley-db@4. I had a typo the first time I asked you to install it. I second guessed myself and diverged from our recommended version, the  berkeley-db@4 is what we are using on ours.

Thanks jommy,

I followed your recommendation and didn't have any different result.  I do a little web development, but I wish I were familiar with XCode, swift, qt, etc; I'd dive right in and help.
mindphuq

Activity: 187
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 03:17:45 AM

Panda should somehow try to jump on the PoS bandwagon. Maybe with something like "The Dogecoin of PoS" or so (because PND was once a clone of Dogecoin and then switched to PoS).

BTW what's PND's take on Atomic Swaps that are just going hot right now?

Atomic swaps, or atomic cross-chain trading, is the exchange of one cryptocurrency to another cryptocurrency, without the need to trust a third-party. A relatively new piece of technology, atomic cross-chain trading is looking to revolutionize the way in which users transact with each other. For example, if Alice owned 5 Bitcoins but instead wanted 100 Litecoins, she would have to go through an exchange, i.e. a third-party. However, with atomic swaps, if Bob owned 100 Litecoins but instead wanted 5 Bitcoins, then Bob and Alice could make a trade. In order to prevent, for example, Alice accepting Bob’s 100 Litecoins but then failing to send over her 5 Bitcoins, atomic swaps utilizes what is known as hash time-locked contracts (HTLCs).
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/guides/what-are-atomic-swaps/

It's needed to get on decentralized exchanges like BarterDex.

http://barterdex.supernet.org/

Decentralized exchanges will be the next big thing. They have a few benefits in contrast to traditional centralized exchanges by being p2p and thus more safe against hacks and theft, market power by delisting coins and governmental seizure and similar attacks.

Atomic Swaps just need some BTC features enabled on the coins and off you go.

https://twitter.com/BarterDex

I think coins will become irrelevant in the future if they don't support decentralized exchanges.
abbv21b

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 05:38:07 AM

Who's giving away Pandacoin paper wallets for Xmas?

I'm not buying anything for anyone this Xmas. Instead everyone is getting a Pandacoin paper wallet.  Cheesy

Will print up a fancy envelope to put them in and keep the private keys safe from being snapped in a selfie.

Anyone else done this before? What do you recommend?

Setup and print the wallet first then fund the account. Maybe keep a backup of the private key in case they loose it. I'm sure people will loose them.  Roll Eyes

That is a great idea!  Grin

Seriously, especially if you have younger relatives or friends this / BTC in a paperwallet might be a perfect gift.
M.minor

Activity: 534

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:26:04 AM

I do not understand ..Pandacoin.
Pandacoin.Circulating Supply 32,514,916,898 PND   $0,000048 USD (-57.77%) Market Cap $1 565 392 USD
Cardano (ADA) Total Supply  31,112,483,745 ADA    $0,220579 USD (4.88%)   Market Cap  $5 718 967 292 USD
---------------------you have developed lazy Pandacoin-----------------.
milo69

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 02:00:51 PM

Am expecting lots and lots of dumping along the way though. Not just from normal folk  wh hold large bags from 4years ago but also from Amdoge and cronies who will be holding seriously large sacks.
There are many lost wallets and un-recoverable Pandacoins, we have always been an ideal cryptocurrency to learn with, and over the years mistakes are made.  Many exchanges have had trouble and disappeared with lots of Pandacoin, computers crash without proper backups etc so many large wallets from the old days will never be active again so it is hard to tell our true distribution or our circulating supply.

https://steemit.com/pandacoin/@dp1011/staking-pandacoin-pnd-for-nostalgia-maybe-profit

I agree, but you know what? Let them dump. When the price goes beyond what they sold it for, they will regret it BIG time, especially if we can truly bring a new community together to make this loved coin last. There is no reason why this coin can't be as successful if not more successful than DOGE. 
addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 04:31:55 PM

Guys, is Yobit safe to buy some PND? I'm careful, because Yobit does host some old chains of coins and things like that. But I have some BTC dust left on Yobit and would like to buy PND, I like the fact people are working hard to revive this coin again Smiley
abbv21b

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:18:40 PM

I do not understand ..Pandacoin.
Pandacoin.Circulating Supply 32,514,916,898 PND   $0,000048 USD (-57.77%) Market Cap $1 565 392 USD
Cardano (ADA) Total Supply  31,112,483,745 ADA    $0,220579 USD (4.88%)   Market Cap  $5 718 967 292 USD
---------------------you have developed lazy Pandacoin-----------------.

That just shows how undervalued PND currently is. Development is picking up again so there is not a better time to jump on board than now..
newaltcoin2017

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 07:38:37 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2017, 09:48:09 PM by newaltcoin2017

I bought some millions at 1 Satoshi and now selling price is under 0.01 DOGE Undecided , I expected this coin reach at least to 5 Satoshi.
joeya1k

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:56:57 PM

I think it will blow past 5 sat this time. Very little pandas left on exchanges and not much in peoples wallets
joeya1k

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:58:46 PM

Guys, is Yobit safe to buy some PND? I'm careful, because Yobit does host some old chains of coins and things like that. But I have some BTC dust left on Yobit and would like to buy PND, I like the fact people are working hard to revive this coin again Smiley
I've been trading on yobit for a while now, never had a single issue with them, never had to contact support so I'd say it's safe.
milo69

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:05:37 PM

I have an error to report, I am trying to get the latest version of the pandabank wallet running, and it fails to install on my mac.

Jommy99 - I followed the download link for Mac you recently posted when helping jdhadwin on Dec 13th.

I backed up my wallet.dat file (I actually duplicated the entire folder in my /Library/Application Support folder), and deleted the pandacoin-qt file in the /Applications folder.

I then went to run the pandacoin-standalone-pkg file, and it got through the first few steps, where it asked for my pass and went to 'Installation' step, then it says:

Installation Failed
The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the manufacturer for assistance.

I then decided to make sure my OS was fully up to date, so I ran the installer and updated my OS to the latest High Sierra  10.13.2. (running on a Macbook Pro Retina circa 2013.

I tried the installer again, and got the same error.

Anyone have any  suggestions on what to do next?  Many thanks. 

addergebroed

Activity: 309

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:19:27 PM

I've been trading on yobit for a while now, never had a single issue with them, never had to contact support so I'd say it's safe.

Thanks, it's more like sometimes it looks like they use a fake token instead of the real coin and when doing a withdraw you are on another or non-existent chain xD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: