Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:08:49 AM

I think to replacing bitcoin is not an easy task, I know with all the bitcoin problem most of the user has changed their investment into other crypto currencies,this can be seen by the decreasing bitcoin's dominance, but there is so many things that need to be achieved to become number one, the user will demand the coins to be implemented in many country and many sectors, and don't forget the ETH itself ever forked before, so not all investor is trusting eth

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:33:18 AM

I think to replacing bitcoin is not an easy task, I know with all the bitcoin problem most of the user has changed their investment into other crypto currencies,this can be seen by the decreasing bitcoin's dominance, but there is so many things that need to be achieved to become number one, the user will demand the coins to be implemented in many country and many sectors, and don't forget the ETH itself ever forked before, so not all investor is trusting eth

Agreed, ethereum classic has a lot of community support and i heard yesterday that eth classic was the first crypto research in bloomberg terminals, and not ethereum. So that's going to hit ethereum pretty big.

Those who want to put their money in altcoins to hedge against the fork - i fully understand why. But why would anyone be buying in ethereum right now? It's not a good hedge because it is CENTRALIZED. Why is someone able to just fork ETH to reverse the damages done by the hacker? That means we can reverse any transaction, and how is this different to paypal?
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:54:49 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

Bitcoin will never die but it will certainly lose it's value and it will be cheaper, it is a good time to invest on Ethereum  Grin
Yuhee

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 02:59:14 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

Bitcoin will never die but it will certainly lose it's value and it will be cheaper, it is a good time to invest on Ethereum  Grin

But the most expected coin to surpass it is ethereu. Because Russia is now developing its own coin and from what i see the creator of ethereum is Russian. So my guess is that the government with Sir Vladimir is making a move make ethereum the number one coin. In a sense also even if btc will be surpassed by ethereum, it will still be the greatest coin it became the platform of many other coins which is they just adapted the blockchain.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:04:43 AM

This is seems to be the general sentiment when looking at Bitcoin and Ethereum right now. Although I would say that comparing the two may not be really fair as they are different but they honestly fight for the same market as far as we are concerned. There is a good possibility that Ethereum can soon take the leadership being enjoyed by Bitcoin right now if things would not be ironed out for Bitcoin.

One big advantage of Ethereum is it has a very visible leader and he is on control unlike with Bitcoin where Satoshi left a long time ago to let Bitcoin chart its own course -- well having no visible single leader can have its advantages but also disadvantages in times of division and strife.

The best thing to do for us is to have both Bitcoin and Ethereum.
secdark

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:21:33 AM

Etherium has a potiential really. Well i think you are right that there are chances that the bitcoin will really dumps and it would be in less value so the next in the line is the eth it good coin that is following the step of bitcoin. You are right if thats happen then eth is the best choice to invest on , buy until the price is low then in the future it would be up

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|    The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency   
  WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄████▄▄   
█▄          ██████████▀
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:28:47 AM

Etherium has a potiential really. Well i think you are right that there are chances that the bitcoin will really dumps and it would be in less value so the next in the line is the eth it good coin that is following the step of bitcoin. You are right if thats happen then eth is the best choice to invest on , buy until the price is low then in the future it would be up

It has potential, but not that big of a potential to get everyone out of their seats and say that bitcoin isn't going to be number one.

The thing is, ethereum was not distributed evenly in the first place. A crowdsale might seem like a good idea, but unfortunately it just makes the rich richer. Now i know people will say that bitcoin was essentially mined by a few people in the first few thousand blocks, so essentially free money, but at least that made originally not so rich people rich. It made intelligent business people, people who were willing to take risks, a bit richer.

This is seems to be the general sentiment when looking at Bitcoin and Ethereum right now. Although I would say that comparing the two may not be really fair as they are different but they honestly fight for the same market as far as we are concerned. There is a good possibility that Ethereum can soon take the leadership being enjoyed by Bitcoin right now if things would not be ironed out for Bitcoin.

One big advantage of Ethereum is it has a very visible leader and he is on control unlike with Bitcoin where Satoshi left a long time ago to let Bitcoin chart its own course -- well having no visible single leader can have its advantages but also disadvantages in times of division and strife.

The best thing to do for us is to have both Bitcoin and Ethereum.

That's the biggest disadvantage of ethereum as well, to have vitalik as their leader. That's why they are centralized. Satoshi is awol for a lot time, and probably won't return.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:17:38 AM

I agree with you because there is some good potential in ethereum because of its continuous growth in price and also because of the smart contracts in ethereum and the big ICOs that connected or related to ethereum. If i am a new investor and i am planning to buy some good coin for long term then i would probably choose the cheaper to buy more quantities and that is ethereum over bitcoin.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:23:46 AM

There's a huge possibilities that etherum will be the number one but does not mean it can replace bitcoin because the bitcoin community became accepted in more state so that mean after that it will surpass again the etherum. I will still hold my bitcoin if that will happen.
SoulBargain

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:40:31 AM

There's a huge possibilities that etherum will be the number one but does not mean it can replace bitcoin because the bitcoin community became accepted in more state so that mean after that it will surpass again the etherum. I will still hold my bitcoin if that will happen.

And Ethereum still need to strive harder to surpass bitcoin. A lot of people would still choose bitcoin really over ethereum since it is much better and it is accepted in some countries legally. We will see if the split in bitcoin would really take place or not and the aftermath. It is said that majority of the wallets, miners, developers and etc are supporting the SegWit this August 1 and I'm looking forward for a good result.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:44:07 AM

Well, not sure who will be number 1 in the future. But, right now I think the other altcoin is still very far from bitcoin. Well, it can be said that until now there is no coin that has great potential to make them replace bitcoin.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:29:15 AM

bitcoin wont be number one in terms of market capitalization but when it comes to the highest priced cryptocurrencies am confident ethereum has a lot of catching up to reach its price
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:29:45 AM

Bitcoin will never be number one for long because there is a lot of coins that has potential to overcome bitcoin because of their possible features that can better than bitcoin and also if they have better foundation and concept of their coin then it will overcome bitcoin without waiting for a lot of years because people wants better or the best and if bitcoin will not be able to give that then it will fall.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:32:06 AM

For my own perception, The bitcoin will always conquer the world of the cryptocurrency. It is impossible that some of the altcoins will stand up or replace the bitcoin as the no.1 cryptocurrency. Bitcoin always no.1 in the world of crypto and many people know about that.
bitbob82

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:34:19 AM

yes anything can be possible but in fact bitcoin is number one and will remain as umber one a long time. in fact people are accepting bitcoin on in a large scale and putting their trust on bitcoin more than any other currency. therefore bitcoin will remain as number on for a long time.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:43:33 AM

Bitcoin will never be number one for long because there is a lot of coins that has potential to overcome bitcoin because of their possible features that can better than bitcoin
Explain me; If things are as you say, and altcoins do indeed have better features than Bitcoin, why do people still mainly use altcoins for speculation purposes, and not actually make use of these features? Could it be that these features don't add any significance, at all? Is that the reason people aren't taking these features seriously? You must understand that altcoins having more features than Bitcoin, doesn't mean that they are automatically better, or that they will experience any sort of significant use. Wink Don't get blinded by the altcoin market.

and also if they have better foundation and concept of their coin then it will overcome bitcoin without waiting for a lot of years because people wants better or the best and if bitcoin will not be able to give that then it will fall.
Classic example of pure gibberish.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 10:53:17 AM

Of course bitcoin can't stay number one for too long. Because many coins are rising like etherium, ripple and NEM. And there are custom coins that you can create. And if people will try something new for example exchanging eth bitcoin will go down and the value of it will go down little by little. But, not a bubble it will go down or with one snap and poof it is gone. Of course it will take years for it to go down. And everything in life that is number one cannot be number 1 forever somebody who is great will take the giant down little by little. And sometimes all it takes is some beginner to take someone/something.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:46:48 AM

I was not expecting that because when days, months or years passed I think no. 1 spot is not only for bitcoin. Also, there's a lot of coins should be develop and I think one of this coins breaks title given to bitcoin.

There is really a lot of coins out there but all of it doesn't really take a chance in bitcoin even if the Marketcap of some coins are larger than bitcoin, it is surely not enough for some alt's to surely take bitcoin place because the price was truly amazing right now, but in the impending split we can not sure what will happen I might say that let's just be ready for it I might sell my bitcoin when that happen! sad!
Yeah man if it is happened just be ready to sell our bitcoin, in our generation bitcoins was too famous but we don't know what will happen to bitcoin in the future. But I was hoping that even the bitcoin was not in the no.1 spot their price will still remain.

I don't worry if bitcoin falls from the number 1 spot, but it will still be widely accepted and used. As long as it can grow in value, it is fine for me. Things change when times change. Just stay positive. Diversify your assets and you will be just fine.

That's the Spirit! even if we still don't know the outcome of the Segwit's BIP148 to our bitcoin and the bitcoin economy we should keep the positive vibe and some Chinese miners are Supporting Segwit2x so I think we should just accept the fact that it will certainly occur in the future the impending split, I know that peoples acceptance to this simply makes the community also splits with their own positive and negative things about the said plan, but let's just accept it and stand in the same ground that this kind of things should occur to make bitcoin more on convenient and secure for all in the community.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:57:04 AM

Bitcoin will never be number one for long because there is a lot of coins that has potential to overcome bitcoin because of their possible features that can better than bitcoin and also if they have better foundation and concept of their coin then it will overcome bitcoin without waiting for a lot of years because people wants better or the best and if bitcoin will not be able to give that then it will fall.

you are correct about these features and the fact that they are good features sometimes. but you are forgetting that these altcoins come with a package, a big package of many problems. and when you are making an assessment you need to consider all of these in total.
and many of those problems that i mentioned don't even show themselves until these coins are used more.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:28:00 PM

It looks like you are just having a dream right now, ETH could not pass bitcoins superiority amongst all the Altcoins here in the crypto world, their prices do have big difference, Bitcoin to ETH price? lol wear some eyeglasses so that you could know how big is the GAP between the two. Bitcoin would always be the number one and the one who will be always in the top because of its solidity and it is too valuable unlike the other Altcoins out there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: