Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 01:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:56:50 AM

This is maybe true that bitcoin may not be the number one for long because of the numbers of developers who can make their own coin and dominate bitcoin in the market and that is the threat why bitcoin may not be the number one forever.
Yes in digital currencies everything can happen include bitcoins may not be number one for long time, everything depend on the comunity of digital coins, the developers of coins, proggress of the coins and other factors. But for right now bitcoins will be number one because the activation segwit2x on bitcoin's network, it will fixs the problem of bitcoins scaling.
minion1000

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 07:10:00 AM

I think bitcoin will be on top as far as currency in the cryptoworld goes for a long time, im not saying there wont be coins that pass bitcoin up as far as worth but are they currency coins or somthing else, i think alot of crypto investers miss this point quite often, Bitcoin is #1 crypto currency for a very long time.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:14:53 AM

I think bitcoin will be on top as far as currency in the cryptoworld goes for a long time, im not saying there wont be coins that pass bitcoin up as far as worth but are they currency coins or somthing else, i think alot of crypto investers miss this point quite often, Bitcoin is #1 crypto currency for a very long time.

True, and I think bitcoin will still stay on top even after this August 1 drama. It has been the top crypto coin for how many years and I think it will still stay on top, look at Ethereums price now it even went down more but bitcoin hasn't go below $1500 yet. But we can't tell what happens after the split but I still think bitcoin will stay on top.

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:17:09 AM

This is maybe true that bitcoin may not be the number one for long because of the numbers of developers who can make their own coin and dominate bitcoin in the market and that is the threat why bitcoin may not be the number one forever.
Yes in digital currencies everything can happen include bitcoins may not be number one for long time, everything depend on the comunity of digital coins, the developers of coins, proggress of the coins and other factors. But for right now bitcoins will be number one because the activation segwit2x on bitcoin's network, it will fixs the problem of bitcoins scaling.

May be.But up to my knowledge.Bitcoin is the king of all altcoin .Hence ,not any other altcoin will replace the Bitcoin.If you have a doubt means go and check today's rate is around 2750$.As many asking it will reach 3000$.Here is the Answer. Surely it will reach the 3000$ and It will replace the dollar too.Even you can inverse you money on bitcoin.
doomloop

Activity: 2324
Merit: 582

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:14:36 PM

Yeah, the fact that ethereum smart contracts have been hacked twice does not inspire confidence. Especially since in both cases core ethereum developers have been involved - if they can't get a smart contract right, who can? The way the handled the first hack (ie. the rollback hardfork that resulted in ETC) makes matters event worst imo. What's the value of a blockchain that simply gets rolled back by its developers on the first signs of trouble?

Well, I certainly agree with that

But, on the other hand, isn't that exactly what banks at lower levels and governments at higher levels do on virtually a daily basis? If banks don't like your transaction, they can easily cancel or even revert it (at least, as long as the monies stay in the system). It is essentially the same with governments and Central banks which can and sometimes do actually cancel the whole money systems declaring them null and void. So, if we see the same process in some cryptocoin, it won't be trusted any more than banks are, but banks and governments still manage to enjoy some trust anyway, no matter what they do to undermine or hurt it

I think the main difference is that traditional banks and governments never claimed to be anything else. We know that they are in control, and they know that we know.

Cryptocurrencies by their very nature try to get rid of central control. So if one fails to follow that principle (looking at you ETH), it's only natural to get critical about said currency. Not that it gets reflected in ETHs price, mind you. If people actually gave a damn, the market situation of ETH and ETC would be reversed. It's almost as if the majority of people don't actually care for trustlessnes and decentralization ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not Ethereum, so don't look up at me

Other than that, that's what I've been telling myself for ages. The only thing that the majority of people actually care for are sheer profits. And that's not bad if you start to think of it. It prevents Bitcoin and its so-called community (in real life, a loosely knit group of committed speculators and die-hard profiteers) from turning into a sort of sect. Not being a sect allows Bitcoin to remain real and not run dry, so to speak. Ironically, Ethereum's Witnesses look more like a sect who easily accept rollbacks, drawbacks as well as other humiliations and perversions. In fact, they are a sect or cult in their own right
yes you are right here that now there are a lot of coins are there in the market and more than 400 coins are fluting around but I think bitcoin is the best and the number of the bitcoin user are going up rapidly as compare to the other currencies we need to wait till the august the bitcoin n price will take a heavy pump once again and this time the price of the bitcoin will be very high so I think bitcoin cannot die easily.

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:03:59 PM

Why can't Bitcoin remain to be the best currency among all the others? It revived from the worst condition when everyone panicked hard and sold their coins for cheap but Bitcoin managed to pass it up and those who sold their coins for those rates must be crying hard. Bitcoin is actually the first out of which all these alts evolved and when it had been the first to gain the investors' confidence, I only want you to just wait and see the scalability problems resolved and then see what happens.
SHANTA

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 05:50:11 PM

Maybe with exceptional rivalry, the estimation of altcoin contending so altcoin's esteem needs to surpass the Bitcoin and needs to move the position of Bitcoin which has been the principal coin ever yet that won't be simple on the grounds that altcoin esteems change rapidly in esteem contrasted with Bitcoin.
CODE200

Activity: 1470
Merit: 311

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:12:47 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Maintaining to be on top for a long period of time is the hardest thing to do because being constant in some matter is really a difficult thing to do. Anyone can surpass the leading due to sudden changes on standards or demands and if someone or something can surpass bitcoin, it will be a challenge to take over again and be  on top by doing some improvements. Price value pumo and dump is a normal scenario in the market and it can be a basis to state who will be the number one but as for now, still bitcoin take its lead.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Basaleyi

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:21:59 PM

Maybe bitcoin will not be no 1 if its slow development in because many countries have not legalized bitcoin but if big negara2 legalize bitcoin then bitcoin will be keep no 1 in because many users
when development goes gradually and slow better than running in hurry , let us wait for the coming hard forks which will take place after two days to know the future of bitcoin is it going to be number one coin or not .

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:36:10 PM

Don't agree with you on this OP, Bitcoin effortlessly will always remain on top of the chain no matter how many Ethereums come and go. It's pretty simple, nothing can come close to the ever rising BTC which will continue being unstoppable in its path. Considering the hard fork actually happens, BTC will uphold its true value in the coming weeks and the surge will begin all over again.
JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:36:47 PM

We're at the end of its 1st scaling debate/drama. Once miners follow the community again (UASF) more investors will jump in.

In the end it doesn't matter what has the biggest marketcap. You can't compare ETH with BTC or Ripple for example, three totally different coins. (Ripple premined, ETH no cap, BTC capped).
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:07:07 PM

Don't agree with you on this OP, Bitcoin effortlessly will always remain on top of the chain no matter how many Ethereums come and go. It's pretty simple, nothing can come close to the ever rising BTC which will continue being unstoppable in its path. Considering the hard fork actually happens, BTC will uphold its true value in the coming weeks and the surge will begin all over again.

People have different views about this but just look at the brighter side. If there's an expected downfall in bitcoin it should happen now but the price is still kicking and playing at above $2,700. I didn't look at it as many bought coins to have shares for another chain.

Im positive that after all this issue ends, we can see again another kick to the moon. Bitcoin is long term right, just have some patience.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:03:14 AM

It's the dream of every single altcoin to surpass bitcoin. But, dream is dream, and altcoin is altcoin, and will remain to be. No way ethereum will ever pass bitcoin to become the number one. Not ethereum, nor any other altcoin.
Not necessarily, what I mean there are some devs that do not care about surpassing bitcoin they have their own benchmarks, Monero wants to surpass dash, ETC wants to surpass ETH, so not everyone has bitcoin on its sights and that is a good thing to me.
Pzest1

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:11:32 AM

You guys should hang out in the Ripple thread, they have been saying its taking the number 1 spot for 6 months now, especially when it hit number 2 for a moment, they couldn't stop jazzing themselves lol Ripple is the perfect case of how a coin with high circulation can look good on the market cap and why the market cap isn't a great show of success. It has been on the decline on months but people tout it in the 'top 5' purely on market cap.

I wouldn't care if BTC loses number 1 in market cap as it means nothing, value, use and support does
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:58:00 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Ethereum is just a pumped altcoin and it does not have special features so that it could overcome bitcoin.But there are still some promising altcoins coming newly.So not today, but might be in future,bitcoin may be replaced by some other altcoin.But for that,it has to get the trust what bitcoin has got over these years among investors around the world and its not an easy task to achieve such a trust.
dwieyani

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:35:33 AM

I do not matter if bitcoin is not number one, now enthereum makes a big killing, so people think the bitcoin value goes down. But I believe that bitcoin always has good grades and he will sit on the main bench though not number one.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:52:06 AM

Ethereum is just a pumped altcoin and it does not have special features so that it could overcome bitcoin.But there are still some promising altcoins coming newly.So not today, but might be in future,bitcoin may be replaced by some other altcoin.But for that,it has to get the trust what bitcoin has got over these years among investors around the world and its not an easy task to achieve such a trust.
These days more and more altcoins are coming into usage with specific functions. Based on the same if those altcoins were compared to bitcoin, they might have an increased potential. The same potential when getting into reality won't be that effective as well cannot gain such a big support as bitcoin has gained.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:24:11 AM

If you're really a fan of Bitcoin and cryptos you should hope that something like Dash passes Bitcoin. Dash has a plan to handle tens of thousands of transactions per second. They have a system of instant transactions that can beat out Visa and Mastercard. Other cryptos have the potential to do what Bitcoin was supposed to do. Bitcoin is useful for bank transfers but isn't very good as cash. We need something that doesn't wait on the next block to step up if we want to cut out the 3rd party trust system.

EddyGameta

Activity: 884
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:38:30 PM

I think no one has a mind to give a promising statement that bitcoin will no longer be number one and when ETH or other coins reach popularity among users, they can’t beat bitcoin because bitcoin is the father of all coins.
Maybe ETH can grow quickly because it has faster transactions than BTC or other coins because of the wave of fast transactions could affect the popularity of coins.
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:42:23 PM

I agree, there is no guarantee bitcoin can survive for the long term because of all the people and companies trying to make a better coins and can be accepted.

Well there are 100 altcoins that is being created and after six months just check how many actually still exits on the exchanges and how much value they have . Though there are some good exception too in altcoins which have a good market and price is rising . But to beat Bitcoin will be difficult for atleast next couple of years considering the deannd and the price it is rising .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: