Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:16:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
valov88

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:35:54 AM

I think that given BTC's sucess so far, it will not be an easy task for any coin to surpass it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cold-Heart

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 09:37:33 AM

yes i agree about that, bitcoins may be famous in a lot of countries nowadays, but it won't stay that way for long. cause we are still developing in terms of technology, society and more. we have the opportunities to make bitcoin as worth as possible and as high value as much as possible, but it won't last forever. cause i believe that what comes up, must come down. Cheesy
Shofiqul

Activity: 258
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:00:20 AM

I don't have any issue if bitcoins may not be number one for long, in light of the way that the get-together of modernized coins can settles on decision which are the best impelled coins to be number one supplant bitcoins, in my choices ethereum will be supplant bitcoins and wound up being number one the explanations for it is propelled money advance benefitting from coinmarketcap.com with the exception of trade reasons like savvy contract on ethereum blockchain.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:03:35 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Bitcoin may not be number one for long,agreed because nothing has been existing forever as Number 1 but it will take atleast a few decades to replace bitcoin.So until then enjoy investing and playing between bitcoin and fiat cos you never know what will happen tomorrow.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:09:57 AM

I don't think ETH will replace BTC as a leading coin. Problems with scaling and fees which BTC has at the moment will be solved in the near future one way or another because they are evident and many people are working hard to solve them.
Isaacck

Activity: 207

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:11:55 AM

That exactly true or might happen in the future. We all know that bitcoin's value is volatile, some days high, some days low. But what if one day can turn bitcoin into 0.002$ only? Bitcoin, will not be a number one currency in the whole world. There's so many years will passed. But that is not sure, because the permanently thing in this world is "CHANGE" many events will happen on years from now
PointHope

Activity: 317
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:13:44 AM

yes i agree about that, bitcoins may be famous in a lot of countries nowadays, but it won't stay that way for long. cause we are still developing in terms of technology, society and more. we have the opportunities to make bitcoin as worth as possible and as high value as much as possible, but it won't last forever. cause i believe that what comes up, must come down. Cheesy

That is assuming principles of gravity apply to bitcoin.. Grin

My take is bitcoin clearly represents a dramatic shift away from the inefficiencies of greed and centralized government and monetary systems.
We are already seeing the shift begining, here in Thailand the central post office and railway are looking to improve efficiency with blockchain.
Estonia is another example of blockchain technology integrating with society on a more efficient decentralized manner.

Bitcoin will still be the standard bearer as smaller localized efficient government and monetary coins take shape.

If we thought the past 40 years have generated astounding changes. The next 40 years will be even more mind blowing!  Cool
Punisherx100

Activity: 122
Merit: 23

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:47:55 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

Yes it is possible. We all know that Bitcoin today is the number one among those other Crypto and maybe it is because of its amazing features, but being on the line depends on every individuals or its users. Bitcoin will still be patronize if they will improve their features as time goes by.

uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 11:01:47 AM

You might be right, Ethereum is becoming a more adaptable currency but I think those rumors about passing Bitcoin aren't going to happen soon yet. I've read some articles about the comparison between the two top cryptocurrencies rivalry which is Bitcoin and Ethereum and found out that bitcoin is still the one that leads the competition so far. And I think Ethereum will not surpass Bitcoin in a short span of time, which is this summer or before 2018 ends. For me, I guess it will still take a long more time.
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:37:28 AM

Yes it is possible. We all know that Bitcoin today is the number one among those other Crypto and maybe it is because of its amazing features, but being on the line depends on every individuals or its users. Bitcoin will still be patronize if they will improve their features as time goes by.
I think that is a case to case basis because bitcoin is soaring higher thesedays and for now it's hard to tell if it will not be the number cryptocurrency in the world. The trademark of bitcoin is very nice and so far there's no complains from users who are so loyal in trusting bitcoin digitized money. Well,if it will really happen that it won't be number in the long run then let's just accept because that is the cycle of life l. If something is on top there will be a time also that it will change its position.
Psalms23

Activity: 504
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 11:44:49 AM

I dont think so.  Bitcoin is the foundation of cryptocurrencies,  so it will be difficult for it to be surpassed.  Its true that ethereum is quickly rising,  but so is bitcoin.  Every alt coin price is based on bitcoin,  so if this will really happen,  i think it will be in the far future.
Turiettly

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 05:54:15 AM

I might like to be much more aim but the gap is closing in between bitcoin and ethereum but I even now feel that there will be a good consensus that will repair whatever difficulty bitcoin is experiencing now, the only problem is just picking the appropriate fix that all people can concur upon.
vanluan

Activity: 208
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:22:44 AM

It is facing a lot of problems about transaction processing. November will have a new fork, if the problem is not resolved then the bitcoin will collapse

no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:21:52 AM

Seriously? What was your basis to say such things, bro? McAfee and Gates believed that bitcoin would hit bigtime in a few years from now, and here comes thesavoyard telling us otherwise... Bitcoins will always be the main thang! Ethereum could bring you huge profits in a short span of time but you wouldn't put your money there for long term. Ethereum is an altcoin; therefore it is only an alternative haven whenever bitcoin's price becomes steady. Once the bitcoin's price starts moving up again, altcoins including Ethereum will dump. CAVEAT.
carrie_white

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:23:31 AM

maybe it could be true, although etherium is now growing rapidly, but nobody can guess what the future will be like, it could be bitcoin remains number one, or vice versa etherium being number one. everything can happen in the future

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:56:50 PM

It is facing a lot of problems about transaction processing. November will have a new fork, if the problem is not resolved then the bitcoin will collapse
Who told you bitcoin will collapse if there is no reduction in transaction fees? If that’s  what you believe, then it’s for you, cause I don’t believe that. There are people who are making a lot compared to the fee they’re being charged, so if you ask me, no one is leaving, and bitcoin will retain its position as the number one.

Another thing you should know is that the split will take place on November, I’m sure of that. No matter what, it will. Splitting the chain will bring reduction in price,  and also with fees I believe. That’s one way to keep the chain up and running.
Titanos

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:18:04 PM

I think bitcoin will hold its place at least these few years. But who knows?
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 09:38:11 PM

maybe it could be true, although etherium is now growing rapidly, but nobody can guess what the future will be like, it could be bitcoin remains number one, or vice versa etherium being number one. everything can happen in the future
This guy seems to be out of his league. Maybe this punk is a noob in crypto world or he is just trolling around. I am not gonna argue with someone like him. However, I have a piece of advice for the numbskull, it's better to do your homework before opening your mouth for presentation.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:57:45 AM

I too agree that bitcoin could not be number one for a long time.But,now we don't see any coin which has the potential to replace bitcoin.Even the most expected Ethereum,monero have failed to deliver the expected results.But in future,some coins may arise with features which are not found in bitcoin.But till then,bitcoin continues to be the king of crypto currency.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
balakang00

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:22:10 PM

Not everything is permanent. Bitcoin may reach into the point where it will lower its demand and face problems that different digital product encounter in the exchange market. It will surely face different obstacles along the way to reach its success but the most important thing is how we, users, face this phenomena wisely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: