Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:36:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:01:19 AM

Bitcoin is still at 46.9% market dominance compared amongst 867 currencies in the crypto markets. This is during a BTC downtrend too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:03:36 AM

As long as bitcoin is available in the market and users still investing on it. No alternative one can ever replaced bitcoin on its place that is the truth and only time can tell if that will go beyond years or decades from now. Bitcoin comparing to ethereum is not ideal for bitcoin lasted much about existence on year than any altcoin combined. Even the price is irrelevant to even assumed to be equal.
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:57:15 AM

Bitcoin is the first successful crypto currency that is currently the best  , because of the advantages and the big supportive community behind it.
People are investing in bitcoins and the users as well as the acceptance is increasing day by day with , with so much uses across the globe I don't think that any alt coin would overcome bitcoins ,

But yes we cannot be sure , maybe some alt coins with good future like ETH can overcome bitcoins ,
Surely it would face many problems .

Bitcoins is the first of its kind and people would never forget Bitcoins for the Revolution that it brought in that crypto world.
Engand

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 01:37:16 PM

In fact bitcoin will not be amount a single without end but bitcoin will attempt to be amount a single permanently.
Livictere1958

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:33:18 AM

Bitcoin will constantly remain Bitcoin: the initial, the unique, the greatest. Ethereum will remain Ethereum, it will never exchange Bitcoin.
Laergan

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:38:06 AM

Bitcoin will always be the first, and the most well known. Ethereum is not a currency.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 04:50:02 AM

As long as bitcoin is available in the market and users still investing on it. No alternative one can ever replaced bitcoin on its place that is the truth and only time can tell if that will go beyond years or decades from now. Bitcoin comparing to ethereum is not ideal for bitcoin lasted much about existence on year than any altcoin combined. Even the price is irrelevant to even assumed to be equal.

Bitcoin and ethereum has different purpose and we never know for sure if the latter can overtake bitcoin being number one. There are a lot of speculations between this two and only time will tell when another cryptocurrency dominate the crypto world but for now bitcoin is still going strong. The recent news has affected much its price and now it continues to go down but once it finds its support then it will go back up again.

Ethereum may not be able to reach the price of bitcoin but it is currently dominant in its own field. They have different usage so we cannot just directly compare the two what is better than the other except in terms of prices.

voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:05:07 PM

I think bitcon will continue to become number one crypto  curency in the future. It has become more popular which resulted to the demand to increase. Many country as well as establishment also starting to adopt bitcoin which means the market for bitcoin will grow more in the coming years.
Whenever people think about crypto currencies, the first thing that comes in the mind is Bitcoin before other currencies. Whenever people wants to get into tech stock investment, they start with Bitcoin, so how do you expect Bitcoin to be overtaken by Ethereum? Bitcoin is at $4.5k+, while Ethereum is still at the rate of $330. Ethereum still got a long way to go.
DimaPechka

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:10:26 PM

It seems to me that nothing will change and bitcoin will be the most expensive crypto currency.
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 02:47:29 PM

Yes true, and I'm sure bitcoin can not possibly continue to be number 1, I'm sure someday there will be coins that beat bitcoin, waves, ethereum or other coins have the chance to beat bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:21:37 PM

I think bitcon will continue to become number one crypto  curency in the future. It has become more popular which resulted to the demand to increase. Many country as well as establishment also starting to adopt bitcoin which means the market for bitcoin will grow more in the coming years.
Yes it is it will continue to become the number one crypto currency. Agree with and I think no one or no coin can replace it so I believe that bitcoin will be the number one for long. And this crypto become popular by that coin.
iloveass2

Activity: 46
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:28:35 PM

I think may not be because as you can see, china has banned bitcoin from their country and the price is going down to $3800 now. Hope nothing will happen in the future that can effect bitcoin price.

◤ ─────────────── PROJECT PAI ─────────────── ◥
│       DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR INTELLIGENT AVATARS       │ (https://projectpai.com/)
◣ ─── JOIN PROJECT PAI TELEGRAM TO GET FREE TOKENS ─── ◢ (https://t.me/projectpai)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:31:44 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

For me, bitcoin will always be the number one because bitcoin nowadays are very popular in many person and bitcoin todays as we know is very helpful to many like as a support in financials and emergency money for everyone. We all know that bitcoin is the main crypto today and I think it will be the number in the future.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
Avametra

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:33:45 PM

In the coming years, it will definitely grow and develop, but further this question remains in doubt. A virtual currency that is not backed up can not constantly grow up when everyone already knows about it.

kamikadze69

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:34:50 PM

it depends on the development of bitcoin in the future. I think if bitcoin is better adapted to the present and the future. I think the bitcoin chance of being top for a while is still open.
Kousei23

Activity: 411
Merit: 335

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:35:54 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

I think so because as we experienced now when the China banned the bitcoin in their country we started to get suffer in this kind of calamity. Many people nowadays are getting affected as well as businessman bevause of the value of it. Their money started to dump and the price in the market are getting lower. This will be a big lost to many people especially for those long term holder.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████▄▄
░░░░░░░▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄
░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄
░░░███▀░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▀███
░▄██▀░░░░░░░░▀█████████▄░░░░░░░▀██▄
▄██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▌░░░░░░░▐██▄
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███░░░░░░░░▐██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄████▀░░░░░░░░░██
██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██
▀██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐██▀
░▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░██▌░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀
░░░███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███▀
░░░░░░░▀███▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀▀

JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀░░▀▀▀▀
Twitter  Telegram  Reddit  Medium

░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄▀▀░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀░▌░░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀░▀▀▄▄░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░▐▄
░░░░░░█░▄▀░█▌▄▄▄░▀▄░█▄▄▄▄▄░▐░█░░░▀▄▄
░░░▄▄▀▀█░░░░▄██░█▌█▄▄▀██▌▄█░▌█░░░░░░▀▄
░▄▀░░░░░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░▐▐░░▀▀░░░░▌█░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▐▀▌░░░░░░░█░▌░░░░░░▐█▀░░░░░░░
▐▄░░░░▄▄▀░█░░░░░░▀█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀
░░█▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░▄▀
░▐░░▀▀▄▄░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀░░░░▄▀░░▀▄▀▀
░▐▄░░░░░▀▀▄░░░▀▄▄░░░░▄▄▄▀░░░▄▀▀▄
░░░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░
valisa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

it may be that bitcoin is not the number one, the closest competitor to the current from alcoint is etherium and also the newcomer coin deepOnion, I think deeponion is good enough to be able to compete with bitcoin. but that is my prediction only. so my prediction could be wrong
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:42:35 PM

For long, you mean 10 more years.!! Bitcoin will hold it's ground and stay on top for at least another 10 years. I don't think there is any other altcoin which can replace Bitcoin in terms of usage and support.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:44:51 PM

i think it is impossible for other coin that they will hinder bitcoin from being the number one, it is impossible because i believe that bitcoin is very popular among all thats why many people investing on it and gives time on it, thats why i dont think that other coin may be number one and bitcoin is not the number  one anymore, i conclude, bitcoin price may change it may decrease sometimes but still it will be the # 1 among all.
PMmesexycoins

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

Stake's discord https://discord.gg/cZhK9vp

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 03:49:30 PM

Btc could be weaker option out there and it still would be valuable thanks to it being at the center of all the coins market. Call it seniority advantage. This might not last forever, but I don't think it's changing anytime soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: