Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:38:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
Alex-Z

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:42:44 PM

time will tell. maybe the Ethereum will soon become a leader.
josucoin

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:21:40 PM

In the future, btc can be surpassed by other currencies or even by a currency that has already been created. Many projects are created daily and posted here in the forum. And one of these projects can rather overcome btc.
noobinvestor

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:37:36 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Yes becuase all things have end so we need to prefer to tge next future of coin that is etherium , i can say if the supply of bitcoin is exhaustes i think the value of bitcoin become high but bitcoin will die maybe 20 years.

yes everything will ended so bitcoin and the other coins too. i don't think about how long bitcoin will stay but as long as i can use bitcoin, i think it will not be a problem for me about how long bitcoin will exist. but personally, i think bitcoin will be more than 5 years from now and the value of bitcoin will increase especially if the supply is slowly goes decrease while demand is increase.
Thanks for the specific prediction.

I am basically looking for an analysis that is similar to a stock fundamentals analysis. Are we buying bitcoin over altcoins because of momentum solely? Or is there fundamental value of bitcoin over the altcoins?
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:31:30 PM

Don't think it matters if bitcoin doesn't stay number one forever. Why actually cares what is number one. Bitcoin is only used because it was the first one it is like the usd to the fiat world in which everything else gets it's value. I don't really think we should wrry about what vskue we choose to compare with but rsther that the value is there to begin with. Everything else is just minor details and mud in the water.

Wigo17

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:36:50 PM

The usability of the coin is the important thing, it sustains it in time and gives it the value. And in that already it takes a great advantage Bitcoin on the rest of the currencies.
ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:47:19 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
I disagree. Ethereum has been stable at about 0.07 BTC this month. In fact, it has dropped from 0.073 BTC to 0.067 BTC  this week, and from 0.1 BTC to 0.067 in last three months. I just can't see ethereum beating bitcoin as the number one cryptocurrency (not even that close). I think, bitcoin will always be the most valuable cryptocurrency for more years to come.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:50:01 PM

time will tell. maybe the Ethereum will soon become a leader.
How can anyone wage Ethereum and Bitcoin in the same page,just see the technology and use between the two,you really cannot simply coin the two,if anyone things that will be the case,so be it but i really do not see the price of Ethereum going for another rally like we saw in the past,lets see how they will fix the issues they have at the moment and then we will see how smooth it will be.
Jmmerquita

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 12:23:18 AM

bitcoin will be still number 1 for how many sa long. That's for sure most of the crypro currency is hooked up with BTC. That's why the value is getiing bigger and bigger
Jake052478

Activity: 224

I will do wonder for YOU!!!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:29:38 AM

O I see, in any way, these are all cryptocurrency that can be exchanged to one another.  So it matters not I guess.  As long as they can be used interchangeably, then no fear at all who is the number one or two... What matters is we can use both of this digital currency.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:39:28 AM

Bitcoin maybe not be number one for long is funny. There is nothing even comparable to it. Yes it's not perfect, but it's getting there in the manner that it should.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:48:24 AM

Nothing seems a problem with bitcoin, right now ethereum has made a big growth. This makes people think that bitcoin might go down in value. But the reality is that more the growth experienced, more will be the competence and based on this always bitcoin stands first.
Bitcoin is very competitive and have capabilities to be on top among others in crypto world. As of great achievement in the market price, no wonder that bitcoin is very popular and no chances that it will become the under dog by altcoins.
Yes, there's a lot of changes may happens in crypto in long run but I still believe that bitcoin could stand for it.
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:51:44 AM

I do not know if this will happen. Bitcoin is like the Index when Bitcoin goes up most of the altcoin goes up us well, same if the bitcoin goes down almost all of the altcoin goes down. Also the most recognizeble crypto currency is Bitcoin, it is very rare that you will hear news from mass media about cryptocurrency but when they do most of the time they are talking about Bitcoin.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2786
Merit: 518

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:59:34 AM

I hold both. I think Ethereum will rise in value, as will Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin will remain the more valued asset because of the large attack surface of ethereum and the immutability issues.
Exactly, because bitcoin is trusted by most and it is widely spread around the world. And it could probably defeat others, is just like a competition on crypto world. Ethereum have potentials also to take challenge bitcoin, but isn't enough because bitcoin is fully the first choice by many people and it could be still on top.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:07:10 PM

I agree. But i wouldn’t say that it will definitely happen. Cryptocurrency market is so unpredictable, it’s impossible to know for sure. But, still, I admit that sooner or later there will probably be some altcoin that will beat Bitcoin.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:20:57 PM

Well thats true that many alternate currencies are getting in the way of bitcoins ..but if you are out in the market competing with other products and they seem to be in higher demand then you then you simply don't get off the shelf but you starve to be better..
I think before bitcoins are over ridden by any new currency they could. ...make a change in it for the good only.
That will help to keep the major crowd... In the bitcoin market.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 02:55:13 PM

Well thats true that many alternate currencies are getting in the way of bitcoins ..but if you are out in the market competing with other products and they seem to be in higher demand then you then you simply don't get off the shelf but you starve to be better..
I think before bitcoins are over ridden by any new currency they could. ...make a change in it for the good only.
That will help to keep the major crowd... In the bitcoin market.

Even with the increasing amount of money "invested" in altcoins, they still have nothing compared to bitcoin. The increase in the amount of money in altcoin just shows the increasing amount of people doing trading, and making money from ICOs. This doesn't show that altcoins are in fact slowly replacing bitcoins. Ultimately, those who have altcoins will convert it to bitcoins to have a safe investment. After all, the first reason they bought altcoins  is to make more bitcoin from it.

ETH is the coin that has another spotlight. On the other hand, we can see that the price isn't moving that much anymore. The hype that led Ether to reaching 0.12BTC a piece has already died. ETH will continue to have a spotlight as long as new coins keep on using smart contracts with ETH. Pretty much the same is happening with WAVES although it has a lot less attention compared to ETH and BTC.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Xervo

Activity: 170

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:00:34 PM

Perhaps in your message there is a sense. But it seems to me that the change of power of bitcoin among other crypto currency will not happen soon. It is influenced by a lot of reasons and it's not for me to list them all. But if you just turn to the integration of bitcoins in different industries, everything falls into place.
ubeng07

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:05:20 PM

I hold both. I think Ethereum will rise in value, as will Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin will remain the more valued asset because of the large attack surface of ethereum and the immutability issues.
Exactly, because bitcoin is trusted by most and it is widely spread around the world. And it could probably defeat others, is just like a competition on crypto world. Ethereum have potentials also to take challenge bitcoin, but isn't enough because bitcoin is fully the first choice by many people and it could be still on top.
as being the number one coin in all currency I don't think so that there is a coin that can surpass this coin as a matter of fact this is the most powerful coin as I can see so how it can be beaten by some other coin.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:08:55 PM

Bitcoin is number one not only because of it being introduced earlier than all the other currencies,but due to its potential.It has gained the trust of people almost all over the world and i think its difficult for any other currency to achieve that.It has successfully overcome lots of obstacles it has faced either due to governments and banks or greedy miners itself.Ethereum,Monero,Zcash which were once expected very much are not able to replace it.Bitcoin has given people a new means of earning option,cheap way of transacting,secured investment,free from government hands and i think that it would be hard for any other single altcoin to deliver such huge number of features.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:31:43 PM

as being the number one coin in all currency I don't think so that there is a coin that can surpass this coin as a matter of fact this is the most powerful coin as I can see so how it can be beaten by some other coin.
Whether number one or not,it won't change the fact that bitcoin keeps on soaring high as years go by and many people have put their trust on no matter what circumstances may come. For now,let's continue what we've started as part of bitcoin participants and also soon become good investors. We have to keep the fire burning for bitcoin's continuity of success. It's only us,bitcoiners who can surpass this challenge of bitcoin to be acknowledge regardless of the rank as number one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: