Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
Tamy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:56:21 PM

I think that Bitcoin will be the number one for a long time. Just as an example from non-crypto life, most of the people have heard about Bitcoin, but they never heard about Ethereum or any other altcoin. In many places, you can pay with Bitcoins, but I didn't hear that somebody is accepting altcoins. Nowadays you can pay for goods and services with Bitcoins. In my opinion, Bitcoin is the King of cryptocurrencies and will be a number one for a long time. That confirms the price of Bitcoins, that is raising all the time. That is the reason why I decided to buy small amounts of Bitcoins just to increase my portfolio over time. I am eager to see what will future bring.
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:57:09 PM

ETH will never surpass Bitcoin lets be realistic I think Bitcoin will always be the best.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:59:30 PM

I don't care about Ethereum , Bitcoin is going to rule the world like it has done till now. I know that it has been very productive during the time and it may cross  Bitcoin for some time, but as time pass it has to be going down because Bitcoin is the oldest and the best strategic coin in the market .
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:03:08 PM

this whole bitcoin splitting issue reminds me of when ETH and ETC became 2 distinct cryptos. I don't know what to think about the splitting of btc but i could imagine that the bitcoin we know will take a while before it's overthrown by another cryptocurrency. I have high hopes in ETH too, just don't know if they'll beat BTC this year.
ETH won't be beating bitcoin anytime soon. And a splitting already took place before and everything went fine. Bitcoin Cash could not over throw the legacy bitcoin, and I don't think any split will be able to do so. Another split is coming soon around November, though support for 2x is declining. Lets see what happens then.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:00:10 PM

ETH will never surpass Bitcoin lets be realistic I think Bitcoin will always be the best.

I see too much confidence that ethereum will never surpass bitcoin. I would not be so sure about it. At least in terms of market capitalization the gap is not so great, because ethereum already owns a third of the capital that bitcoin has. That is why I think that when the crypto market matures and investors are not only guided by the popularity of a currency, but by their comparative advantages and the technical aspects, there will undoubtedly be a great revaluation of the ether to the detriment of btc.
assyla

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:44:46 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
One of the permanent thing in this world is change. Now, bitcoin is very popular but someday will not and other cryptocurrency will in. So that while bitcoin is still popular and has a high value just enjoy this thing.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 09:05:40 PM

Will bitcoin stay for a long time the leader of the crypto currency will depend on the team of developers who support it and the results of those forks that are held and will be conducted. While bitcoin still has some flaws and vulnerabilities and they need to be addressed urgently. If this does not happen, bitcoin may lose its leadership. However, in the near future such is not expected.
Wexnident

Activity: 2548
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:11:18 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
At this point, still, Bitcoin remained the no.1 cryptocurrency having a market value of 6000 dollars and is still increasing. Indeed, Etherium is a good coin. It has a higher rate of increase on its market value compared to Bitcoin but Bitcoin has a larger community that makes the demand in the market high. Demand is what makes a cryptocurrency powerful. And now that there are more people that are moving towards bitcoin including altcoin investors, surely, it will be impossible for Bitcoin to be passed by other coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
NJB18

Activity: 663
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:52:58 AM

At this point, still, Bitcoin remained the no.1 cryptocurrency having a market value of 6000 dollars and is still increasing. Indeed, Etherium is a good coin. It has a higher rate of increase on its market value compared to Bitcoin but Bitcoin has a larger community that makes the demand in the market high. Demand is what makes a cryptocurrency powerful. And now that there are more people that are moving towards bitcoin including altcoin investors, surely, it will be impossible for Bitcoin to be passed by other coin.

There is still the possibility that bitcoin will be passed by other coin. But as of now it will be very difficult especially its marketcap is very far from the next in lines. Ethereum itself have its own network problems.
hyperdak

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:56:20 AM

I think people are just hyping ethereum too much.

many people buy eth for ico , but ico now are mostly scam.

so many people don't know what is eth
Omang7778

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:21:32 AM

This plan is making by the world business politics. That's why are introducing ETH and implementing many projects in Etherum smart projects. If you wish to stop this thing. Satoshi should come out and own the copyrights of blockchain technology. Then ETH will be still under control, may next to bitcoin not first rank.
Gurdos

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:28:11 AM

The statement is correct, but is it really so unknown. Yes, competitors of bitcoin must increase in price, and bitcoin itself should fall to the correct and expected level. Everything most likely depends on the market participants themselves.
jyotianand01

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 06:34:19 AM

It is not possible in near future as no coin has the potential to beat bitcoin. Ethereum is the main contender for that but it will take long time to reach it near bitcoin or to beat him.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:39:06 AM

Though,  Ethereum might have gone up for now,  yet it doesn't define the the value of bitcoin.
Bitcoin has proven over the years to be the best cryptocurrency. 
We are not oblivious of the fact bitcoin has faced a lot of downfalls in the last few years but then, it has always survived it and this poses a question to us,  will Ethereum survive if faced with downfall in the next few months?

btcbrother

Activity: 131

🌟ATLANT ICO ENDING SOON🌟

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:55:11 AM

I predict Ethereum will someday overtake Bitcoin. Realistically, it is just a lot better of a cryptocurrency all around.

A T L A N T    ▀▄▀    P2P  |  Tokenization  |  WP
█ ███ █    I C O   E N D I N G   S O O N    █ ███ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   TELEGRAM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MotulDiesel

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:10:13 AM

crypto currency in general is base on the development of bitcoin. I don't believe that Eth or any crypto currency can replace or take over the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin goes more stable everyday and it is a valuable market for any one who want to invest in it. Eth or any token can make-shift bitcoin at least in next 50 years.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:29:18 AM

I predict Ethereum will someday overtake Bitcoin. Realistically, it is just a lot better of a cryptocurrency all around.
ETH is something that has been serving as the alternative for the bitcoin. Ethereum slowly gaining more power and the same won't replace the bitcoin growth. Ethereum has been gaining more potential as more and more ico tokens were getting developed on the same Eth platform.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:31:39 AM

Maybe Bitcoin may not be number one for long but if it has many user it may stay number one for sure. but also there are many basher of Bitcoin that this is scam we cannot trust. but when I know about bitcoin I trust it now.
fenugeki

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:39:47 AM

I agree that there will be some point that some currency will pass bitcoin but I think it will take more time than you expected. I also like the thinking of not opting to only one kind of this currency.
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:58:25 AM

ETH is something that has been serving as the alternative for the bitcoin. Ethereum slowly gaining more power and the same won't replace the bitcoin growth. Ethereum has been gaining more potential as more and more ico tokens were getting developed on the same Eth platform.
Maybe because nowadays there are many cryptocurrency came out when bitcoin become popular, but i know bitcoin will remain while other just pass away. And since bitcoin have many users perhaps it will become number one in all cryptocurrency for long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: