Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:54:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 11:57:26 AM

That might be true. But I do not believe Ethereum will be able to hold their gains for long. Sooner or later the price has to go down simply because that is what markets do.

So always remind yourself not to get lost in the mania and try to stay objective. In a market like this, it is easy to think that the good days will never end.

Its bound to happen anyway to every currency the market always has ups and downs and bitcoins will not be forever on top that is true but it will take a really long time for bitcoins to steadily fall on the market. I guess it will start to happen when the the number of bitcoins mined or owned by different investors reach its cap.

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:28:27 PM

I dont think bitcoin will be number one for long. Ethereum has a strong potential and may surpass bitcoin in the nearby future.
konco_kenthel

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:45:15 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
I really very confident that bitcoin in the next few years would increasingly popular because in an increase the Exchange rate a very large although there are currently types of coins etherium deemed to have the quality of the same as BTC but until at any time will never shift position at all.

xBitHodler

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:54:22 PM

It was said that Ethereum was about to replace Bitcoin because of the way it works. Ethereum is indeed fast but as we have seen its price mostly depends on Bitcoin. Ethereum exchange rate has declined from 0,087 BTC to 0,046 BTC. I'm not an expert but I think it's because of either Bitcoin price rise or Bitcoin Gold and SegWit2x hard forks.
tj4dmx

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

I want to write right now as if i am looking into the future,bitcoin is yet to reach its potential and it will SURELY reach its planned potentials even if it would later decline/burst !
Against all odds,if btc while at less than $1 with few holders could reach $7000 with more than 5 million holders in just less than 8 to 9 years,then the sky is its start point regardless of china regulations or any country's financial regulations.
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:12:39 PM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
I dont think so. Yes now bitcoin is on top of digital currency.  It was the most promising coin for now. But I think it will still in the future. Because although there are a lot of other coin came, they just depending on the bitcoin. The price of they is just relying on the value of bitcoin. That why they are just called as alternative coins.
tj4dmx

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:16:38 PM

I want to write right now as if i am looking into the future,bitcoin is yet to reach its potential and it will SURELY reach its planned potentials even if it would later decline/burst !
Against all odds,if btc while at less than $1 with few holders could reach $7000 with more than 5 million holders in just less than 8 to 9 years,then the sky is its start point regardless of china regulations or any country's financial regulations.

Against all odds,if btc while at less than $1 with few holders could grow up in less than 8 to 9 years to reach $7000 with more than 5 million holders,then the sky is its starting point regardless of china regulations or any country's financial regulations. No regulations coukd deter the power of more than 200 million holders in about 5 years to now. This is indeed a peer-to-peer payment settlement !!!
ethereumwhite

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:52:32 AM

YES! I strongly agree!  Wink
Aufar

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:46:15 PM

There's Litecoin out there, it's better than Bitcoin in some aspects but we did not see it approaching Bitcoin. Only recently when Litecoin received a little light, Before that, he remained silent.

Litecoin is only slightly better than Bitcoin. That little increase in technology is not enough to get rid of Bitcoin away from its throne. That's why the developers can only accept it and start to have a target market rather than have to try to beat Bitcoin.

It will take a big leap in technology for Bitcoin to be overthrown or Bitcoin must destroy itself because Bitcoin does not become number one for long.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:57:28 PM

This is very impossible to happen as we can see the very huge gap average value of the two coins in the market, ethereum will going to eat a lot of dust during the competition because no matter how much you hold ethereum or even other altcoin still it will be traded to bitcoin to earn paper money or to earn bitcoin for a better kind of holding in which bitcoin is truly the crowd favorite coin.
Swopon
Copper Member

Activity: 700
Merit: 120

Gamdom

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 01:09:39 PM

I think bitcoin will always be number one for long time.Ethereum can't beat bitcoin as my opinion

Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:18:14 PM

I think bitcoin will not be replaced by other coins and other cryptocurrency, bitcoin has a large gab between other coins and other crypto in terms of value, users, investors and many countries that planted bitcoin. And now their is a threat to bitcoin but actually not a threat because bitcoin has a triple times larger and bigger than ethereum. Thats why bitcoin will not be replaced.
Shivasenap

Activity: 94

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:21:08 PM

Ethereum has potential to surpass bitcoin in the price as it a blockchain enterprise which creates smart contracts.But they both are completely different. Bitcoin is a branded digital currency. No other currency like dash,zcash can touch bitcoin.
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

Two fork have gone but still bitcoin is on the top, I think no other cryptocurrency would probably over take bitcoins value. Maybe ethereum is becoming popular because it is being use for ICO buts still at the end of the day ethereum needs to be converted to bitcoin before it can be converted to local fiat.(correct me if I'm wrong on this)

FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:03:29 PM

Ethereum has potential to surpass bitcoin in the price as it a blockchain enterprise which creates smart contracts.But they both are completely different. Bitcoin is a branded digital currency. No other currency like dash,zcash can touch bitcoin.
You are right that ETH is very good, But i don't think that it can superpass bitcoin at least in this 10 years. Currently ETH price is 300$, It's good price but when we compared it to bitcoin we can see that bitcoin price is more than 24 time of ethereum price.

kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:14:18 PM

Well there is a probability for that to happen but i don't think that it will happen right away. You see bitcoin took a lot of years to be in where it is right now. So i think ethereum will take about a couple of year to take over bitcoin.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:19:09 PM

I totally disagree with you. Indeed, Etherium is o.e of the most popular coins and also has a hugh rate of increase on its market value, but knowing that Bitcoin is also too. Bitcoin still has the largest community among any ither coins, which i think is the most important thing. Big community will generate high demand and high demand will result for a value of something to be expensive. And its nit surprising to know that it is still the number 1 crypto.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:29:09 PM

I agree. Bitcoin has moved ahead so much beyond other alts that even if some of them like etherium have better features, it still would be unreachable. It's going to take a very long time before a alt can overtake btc.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
pavelv3

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:43:11 PM

I do not feel so.Nonetheless, there are far more and much more new technologies adoptions and even much more Venture Capitals as properly as Hedge Cash backing Bitcoin, which is pushing the Bitcoin Cost increased and higher. There is just minimal variety of Bitcoins available. When Bitcoin Mining will occur to its end, that is the time Bitcoin Price tag will start flying high!
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:04:41 PM

I do not feel so.Nonetheless, there are far more and much more new technologies adoptions and even much more Venture Capitals as properly as Hedge Cash backing Bitcoin, which is pushing the Bitcoin Cost increased and higher. There is just minimal variety of Bitcoins available. When Bitcoin Mining will occur to its end, that is the time Bitcoin Price tag will start flying high!
bitcoin is the only coin who have such a high rate in the whole world and there are various coins in the market but i am sure that no one can cross the rate of  bitcoin because the user of bitcoin is increasing with a very high rate and they are investing in bitcoin and in future the rate will be more and more high from present rate.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: