Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:11:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
tyreII

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:44:23 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

Wouldn't you say that every crypto is speculative right now?  I can't use even one of them in my daily life.  And how is it that you're looking at actual usage?

Either way, back to my response, market cap has some basis for comparison (to be taken with a grain of salt of course), where price alone doesn't.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

I believe that bitcoin will be number one for so long because bitcoin was very helpful to many people in gaining and earning so much money. And BTC was first. And newcomers come in cryptu thru bitcoin.
sandwichman1

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:24:25 AM

the eth is already ahead of bitcoin in terms of technology, it will never be as expensive as bitcoin but that's what it does its strength
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:28:46 AM

I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Yes i agree on you, because there's no permanent thing in this world all things will be done someday but the important is what things will done it is a great contribution in the economy and industry ? It will be a great role for the government and it will give a good memories to everyone. Maybe now the time of bitcoin but we cant sure how long it is
Marianmariana

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 06:24:11 AM

I do not discover any other crypto has same future of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is only one digital forex altered the technology to the next level, many new businesses are planning to adopt the technology and implement their goods into Blockchain technology which could give much more consciousness to folks.
DaveWave

Activity: 806
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:13:54 AM

During the early second half of this year there were rumors that Bitcoin is having too many problems and that Ethereum will replace it as number one. Then just this month Bitcoin Cash tried to overthrow Bitcoin at the top.Let us see what happens next.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:02:52 PM

You know Bitcoin has pulled so far ahead it would be hard for anyone to pass it soon. It would take mass adoption of another currency or a BTC crash to pull ahead and I hope there is no crash. too many coins are tied to BTC.

GeorgeEden

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:38:45 PM

I believe you are talking about the competition from ethereum or either from other altcoins but even if it does is it gonna stand on the top for as much as bitcoin did? Well i think yeah it did rise way much as we expected (ethereum but its gonna stall soon)

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sathvik112

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:48:48 PM

To my analysis bitcoin will only be the number one comparing to ETH or other alts. Bitcoin had a huge goodwill and it is the first crypto currency, if bitcoin is not strong and falls down or collapsed then investors on other alts looses trust on crypto currency market and they withdraw their capital invested on other alts finally it results ending a price fall or collapse of other coin in very short term so I recommend bitcoin is number one always to earn better profits.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:29:58 AM

Yes because nothing is permanent in this world so they will be probably replaced by new ones in the future because world technology are innovating something new everytime so definitely in the future, there will be another invention that is going to replaced bitcoins. So let us rook advantage for bitcoins untill such times because the time will come that this will be no longer a successful one but they will survive for a very longe time I am sure with that but I am also sure that they will be replaced in the future. Just chrish the moment invest in it and make money.
dragon fire

Activity: 151

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 12:54:32 AM

one opinion with me.
perhaps the best way to deal with it is to use half the bitcoin in our wallets by exchanging it with other forms of investment.
because, no one can predict bitcoin.
and I am so. Basically, alert is necessary.
primera

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:08:23 AM

Quote from: kriticko29 link=topic=1962951.msg24029857#msg24029857
Well there is a probability for that to happen but i don't think that it will happen right away. You see bitcoin took a lot of years to be in where it is right now. So i think ethereum will take about a couple of year to take over bitcoin.
But bitcoin is not going to remain static either, in this year many people were predicting that ETH was going to surpass bitcoin in market cap and suddenly out of nowhere bitcoin grew a lot and now there is a huge difference between BTC and ETH and the same may happen again if ETH gets close to bitcoin once again.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:13:09 AM

i think its yes because everybody knows that bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency thats why theirs no one reason to go down bitcoin hopefully that bitcoin is number 1 forever

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:25:57 AM

Quote from: kriticko29 link=topic=1962951.msg24029857#msg24029857
Well there is a probability for that to happen but i don't think that it will happen right away. You see bitcoin took a lot of years to be in where it is right now. So i think ethereum will take about a couple of year to take over bitcoin.
But bitcoin is not going to remain static either, in this year many people were predicting that ETH was going to surpass bitcoin in market cap and suddenly out of nowhere bitcoin grew a lot and now there is a huge difference between BTC and ETH and the same may happen again if ETH gets close to bitcoin once again.

ETH will not completely surpass the Bitcoin because ETH is just close to bitcoin but it is not enough to replace the bitcoin because it has vulnerability that can be the reason for the people to not transfer to ETH because back in the past few weeks, it has been hacked and a lot of money is stuck so that is maybe a huge issue for the people to fully trust ETH.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:31:23 AM

I really agree, but in reality almost no one can approach bitcoin until recently. 2018 will arrive, but no other coin can offset the bitcoin. I believe everything will always have its time, but for 2 - 10 years bitcoin still remains the main commodity in crypto.
stoogiemeister

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 05:53:44 AM

i like to think that for example bitcoin will be like gold and bitcoin cash will be like money
Waleed rose

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:14:45 PM

Bitcoins will be number 1 because no other cryprocurrencies could be like bitcoins bitcoins has many advantages which make the bitcoins different and special from others that's why people invest money in bitcoins that's why bitcoins will be number  1.
cellat87

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 07:57:18 PM

As of now i cant see an altcoin can surpass bitcoin in the near future.
Despite bitcoin lacking features which other altcoins has it will still thrive for long time since most of the cryptocurrencies values it more as compared to other altcoins.
Let us remember that price of coins qill be greatly affected by the demand from users.  And as of now the demand for bitcoin is great.
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:08:15 PM

bitcoin will always be the #1 coin. It makes no sense to talk about other coins being #1, as bitcoin is the defacto standard. BTW what do you meen with number one? 42coin costs over 10000 USD, so i hope you are not referring to price.

Always compare in market cap!
GeorgeEden

Activity: 126

Patience and knowledge are gold.

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 10:19:33 PM

bitcoin will always be the #1 coin. It makes no sense to talk about other coins being #1, as bitcoin is the defacto standard. BTW what do you meen with number one? 42coin costs over 10000 USD, so i hope you are not referring to price.

Always compare in market cap!

Well if you think about it Ethereum has more depth and yeah it might happen in the future. I was thinking about it too that theres no way something gonna pass from bitcoin after some research im starting to rethinking

DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: