Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 12:45:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long  (Read 28297 times)
serferbali

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:28:41 AM

Bitcoin will be number one 10 years, there is chance for some new coin to take bitcoin place one day. But that one day will not happen any time soon. There is no coin with support and active community like bitcoin have. Bitcoin is popular and one and only for now and next 10 years, we will see for later.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:31:49 AM

Is it really true? Is bitcoin cannot bounce back or it is still in the state of adjusments? Well there is a saying that “you can never rise forever” because something new and nicee will come out. But i still have faith in bitcoin.
bitcoinskyrocket09

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:39:51 AM

What ever happen and what ever coins or crypto appears bitcoin cannot be replaced by anyother crypto. Because bitcoin has the highest value even though the btc is going down, the value of btc is not pumping but still bitcoin is very big. Other coins and crypto is being old just like btc but no one of those crypto replaced the btc and come near to btc's price.
xhoondilan

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:44:41 AM

We dont know that yet, because if there's a way to upgrade bitcoin transaction and mining way then there will be no end for bitcoin, maybe in the future we have more faster mining tool other than graphics card that can mining faster and if bitcoin is accepted to the government then it will be endorsed to all of its people and bitcoin will not be perish so easily.
daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:21:55 AM

While seeing this thread i am laughing Grin because on june OP said bitcoin will not be number one and comparing with Ethereum Here people always forget bitcoin and ethereum are two different functionality or purpose using blockchain technology . Bitcoin is undefeated King and will be because of its limited supply and no one owns this. But Ethereum owns by organisation and huge supply.
codpku

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:34:16 AM

Indeed
I believe someday bitcoin place as a king of coin will replace with other coin such as ethereum
But im sure not in near time
And im not sure just ethereum want to take the crown as a king of bitcoin
Maybe new koin will rise and take a place as new king in crypto world

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:40:00 AM

Indeed
I believe someday bitcoin place as a king of coin will replace with other coin such as ethereum
But im sure not in near time
And im not sure just ethereum want to take the crown as a king of bitcoin
Maybe new koin will rise and take a place as new king in crypto world

etherium? No , i dont think etherium can stand a chance to bitcoin. I know that bitcoin has so many issues but the usefulness and advantages of bitcoin is still unique when compared to etherium and other types of coins. that makes bitcoin a king and people will always believe on this fact even though bitcoin could be de throned because of price differences due to the fact that bitcoins price these days is going down.
mikaeltomcruz12

Activity: 556
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:44:57 AM

For me it takes a long time before someone leads the cryptocurrency bitcoin is the foundation of all and ETH depending on BTC price many atlcoins too. Its so hard to build coin that can defeat Bitcoin price.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

www.daxico.com

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:49:58 AM

Yeah bitcoin could not be the number one forever but I think ethereum would not be the one to exchange it's place,
I think ethereum might not be the one to takes bitcoins place right now maybe in the future.

For as long as bitcoin is around, no other alternate coin can ever replace its place. There are alt coins that seems to be following bitcoin's path and i think it's gonna be Ether too. As we can see, it's already stable with great popularity and market capitalization on display.

pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:54:30 AM

Yeah bitcoin could not be the number one forever but I think ethereum would not be the one to exchange it's place,
I think ethereum might not be the one to takes bitcoins place right now maybe in the future.

For as long as bitcoin is around, no other alternate coin can ever replace its place. There are alt coins that seems to be following bitcoin's path and i think it's gonna be Ether too. As we can see, it's already stable with great popularity and market capitalization on display.

ether maybe beat bitcoin in the future but i will still be a number one fan of bitcoin and that will not change anymore because bitcoin is the only coin that i use ever since i learn what is crypto as well as joining on this forum. until now i do only hold bitcoin and that is the reason i cant replace it with any other coins, not even etherium. but i guess bitcoin will still be the number one as long as it has the highest value among other cryptos.
maminelly

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:59:42 AM

we don't know the situation,maybe for now it's not and the nearest year is the year of bitcoin and takes time for how many years...if the split would truly occur, and we can not surely know the real effects of the split on bitcoin if it will be surely for the better or for the worst, but I think we should be prepared for the impending split and if the date of the split would occur and they say that it is on Aug. 1 then selling your coins is the best way or get a wallet that can surely convert your bitcoin fast enough before the bitcoin split because we might know what really might happen....
Hasitha1001

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:01:27 AM

Some one will pass bitcoin but not that much time in the end of 2018 its been too long way for the bitcoin to pass by someone
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:06:47 AM

we don't know the situation,maybe for now it's not and the nearest year is the year of bitcoin and takes time for how many years...if the split would truly occur, and we can not surely know the real effects of the split on bitcoin if it will be surely for the better or for the worst, but I think we should be prepared for the impending split and if the date of the split would occur and they say that it is on Aug. 1 then selling your coins is the best way or get a wallet that can surely convert your bitcoin fast enough before the bitcoin split because we might know what really might happen....

what split are you talking about? is this some kind of a bitcoin fork or segwit? If thats the case then we shouldnt be panicking at all because this is just fine and cant cause any harm to your bitcoin. infact this event can give you a set of free coins just like happend on the past forks but you should also know what exchanges or wallets that supports this forks. Now back to the original topic , if bitcoin may not be number one , i guess it is still okay because there are still many coins that is a lot better than bitcoin. One example is etherium and bitcoin cash.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:09:29 AM

I do not know if this will happen. Bitcoin is like the Index when Bitcoin goes up most of the altcoin goes up us well, same if the bitcoin goes down almost all of the altcoin goes down. Also the most recognizeble crypto currency is Bitcoin, it is very rare that you will hear news from mass media about cryptocurrency but when they do most of the time they are talking about Bitcoin.
BestSSS

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 06:10:35 AM

Bitcoin is not eternal and the day will come when we will see in the first place not bitcoin and neo or etherium. Other blockers have more realistic prospects due to the possibility of holding other ICO on their platform. I think in a year we will see on the first place an etherium

♛New CA$H Exchange (https://newc.com.br)♛
✪An Innovative Cryptocurrency Platform✪
lagoon88

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:10:51 AM

Presently, I don't think that any other coin would match bitcoin. Ethereum has got a very good prospect in future, but it wouldn't be able to overtake bitcoin in near future.
thesavoyard (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:19:30 AM

God Bitcoin has been around how long now and it's still not going anywhere?

For the amount of time Bitcoin has been around it should be widely accepted just as big as Paypal is. Still can't go to a store and buy something using Bitcoin. Or using any other crypto.

Until companies start using Cryto's.. all they are is some investment rich people invest it and what criminals use to hide their criminal activity. No real uses+talk of all these regulations= crypto crashing. This is what we are seeing. Lack of real world usage and Government threats= Crpyto $295 billion, down from a whole crapload from a few months ago

I'm about to buy Sea of Thieves with Bitcoin. The backlog set back BTC quite a bit. Maybe lightening network will motivate people to accept it as payment, as long as fees stay low.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:22:19 AM

Presently, I don't think that any other coin would match bitcoin. Ethereum has got a very good prospect in future, but it wouldn't be able to overtake bitcoin in near future.

I dont think so. Ethereum is starting to create its own system and have started to place exchangers around the world to enable people to exchange their fiat currency to ethereum and vice-versa just like bitcoin. If this will be successful then Ethereum could free itself from bitcoin and may overtake and rule the cryptocurrency system. Though it is not sure but Ethereum has a huge potential of overtaking bitcoin.
NutMasterTardd
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

God Bitcoin has been around how long now and it's still not going anywhere?

For the amount of time Bitcoin has been around it should be widely accepted just as big as Paypal is. Still can't go to a store and buy something using Bitcoin. Or using any other crypto.

Until companies start using Cryto's.. all they are is some investment rich people invest it and what criminals use to hide their criminal activity. No real uses+talk of all these regulations= crypto crashing. This is what we are seeing. Lack of real world usage and Government threats= Crpyto $295 billion, down from a whole crapload from a few months ago

I'm about to buy Sea of Thieves with Bitcoin. The backlog set back BTC quite a bit. Maybe lightening network will motivate people to accept it as payment, as long as fees stay low.

In the long run regulations will attract a lot more money, as the markets will be taken seriously. You don't see many wall street investors buying into crypto because the markets are full of scams/hacks/manipulation currently.

GEO, RLC & QRL.
vladimirnesgibaev1

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:06:02 PM

A large share of Bitcoin's trust stems from the fact that it does not require any trust. Bitcoin is fully open and decentralized. This means that anyone has access to the full source code at any time.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: