Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:15:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency make real money disappear?  (Read 28795 times)
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:27:31 AM

What are the chances of living in a world with no actual money ?  Shocked

There is a low chance that it will happen because as we see now, there are still few people who knows about cryptocurrency and for people to access it, they need to have the tools needed to have it like mobile or computer, internet connection and most of all electricity. It maybe possible for the developed countries to implement this kind of no actual money but for those developing countries it would be hard. There are people in developing countries that even don't have electricity so it would not be possible for them to access it.

I think cryptocurrency would exist together with fiat money and would be one of the payment option and there is a slimmer chance to actually replace the fiat money. If the transaction fee is getting higher then maybe people who have access to it may treat it as store of value instead of currency because it would be expensive to buy a small value item and then have a transaction fee half the value of it.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:46:15 AM

Some problems:

1. Transaction time and transaction costs are too high

2. Proof or work costs are too high (energy spend on mining is non negligible (http://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption)

3. Lack of monetary flexibility as economic conditions change, make this currency too rigid to handle changes in economic landscape over time (ie recession)

4. Limited supply of crypto makes them fundamentally volatile and deflationary (people hoard instead of spend hoping to capture financial gains from limited supply)

Bitcoin was never intended, by design, to replace fiat. Our greed has grown this into the monolith that it is currently; this was for small, informal debt settling and value transfer. Wink

libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 04:01:16 AM

No unless we can buy our daily life expenses with Bitcoin. And most people use crypto for investment purposes so I hardly believe real money can disappeared.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wantjokull

Activity: 700
Merit: 275

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 06:10:27 AM

No.

Why would anything like that happen? Crypto world is different thing and the real world money is different thing. They have got no reason to be mixed with each other. Bitcoin is different currency and its working can not be same as fiat currency. It works on block chain which is artwork of internet stuff and algorithms etc etc. They will be used as asset always to trade on the network but they will never come to real life application and make disappear the money/fiat currency. Besides that, government will never allow that to happen because it will take decades to change the world's currency and its not good for economic growth.

▄▄██▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄
█████████████████████████████
▀▀██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▀▀
    ▀▀██▀▀         ▀▀██▀▀

███▄▄██████▄▄        ▄▄██████▄▄     ▄█▄       ▄█▄     ▄▄██████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀████▄    ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄  ▀████▄   ▄████▀  ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
████        ███▄  ▄███        ███▄   ▀████▄████▀   ▄███        ███▄
███          ███  ████████████████     ▀█████▀     ███          ███
███          ███  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███████▄    ███▄        ▄███
███          ███   ███▄▄            ▄████▀ ▀████▄   ███▄▄    ▄▄███
███          ███    ▀██████████    ▀███▀     ▀███▀   ▀██████████▀
▀▀▀          ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀         ▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄       
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▄▄█▄▄   
▄▀▀  ▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀   █ ▀▀▄
▄▀▄▄▀▀      ▄▄▀▀        █  ▀▄
█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                           █
█                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▄▀       █
█                  █   ██   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄  █                  ▀▄       █
█                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                           █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S
FIRST INSTANT
CRYPTO LOANS
GET INSTANT CASH IN
40+FIAT
CURRENCIES

USING
CRYPTO  AS
COLLATERAL

Zalfa_mui

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:29:06 AM

Real money will not be replaced and will never be extinct, crypto money will not replace the real money, because crypto money is money online and the government does not support it yet.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1858

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 08:48:50 AM

Not in this lifetime I guess. There is no reason why all the people across the entire world will use only cryptocurrency. I think that will not happen. I don't know what the world is 500 years from now, perhaps everything will be digital so perhaps some kind of digital currency will be the one in use. The question is whether BTC is still alive by then.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
doublebit21

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:45:24 AM

Imposible because cryptocurrency only exists in cyberworld. compare to real money you can touch and see the real face of a money. What if we have a global shutdown of electricity. many users of bitcoin will lose money.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:19:26 AM

fiat already made real money disappear, bitcoin, however can make fiat money disappear, if you check your history, we use paper notes, in order to but goods and services because it is much easy, rather than carrying around with you gold coins, silver coins or copper. back then, there was only barter exchange, it works like if you have an apple, and you your neighbor has oranges, you trade your apple with them for oranges and it will depend on the both of you how many apples will you give for a number of oranges, if your neighbor wants oranges, then came along the coins, which is the first rel money, people will trade gold coins, silver coins or copper, just to have goods or services, in which majority of the people accepted that the trade can be done with those coins, then people started to create banks, and within those banks the gold that you deposited, so paper money or notes have a value, for example if you have an ounce of gold in the bank back then that has a value of 2 USD, you can use your notes to pay others, and without having the trouble of going into a banks, opening the vault in order to get your gold in exchange for goods and services. the paper notes however, lost its value when the dollar was taken off the gold standard and they used it as petro dollar, which became the fiat money today, it is not backed up by any other commodities, it is just used as a basis to trade for oil, the value goes up and down, depending on the so-called stock market, which we all know can be manipulated, then the banks just started printing out money, without us having any idea, why do they print paper which has no value, but just a basis for exchange. however for cryptocurrencies they can make fiat money obsolete, for example if all countries in the world will use bitcoin for transactions, there is no need for banks, however today, we still need to exchange our bitcoins to fiat, just to see its value, but when the time comes and banks began to close, cryptocurrencies will take over, specifically bitcoin, being the dominant cryptocurrency, fiat money will just have to make an innovation in order for it to survive since bitcoins along with other cryptocurrencies, can be use for exchange of goods and services.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:25:46 AM

Not in this lifetime I guess. There is no reason why all the people across the entire world will use only cryptocurrency. I think that will not happen. I don't know what the world is 500 years from now, perhaps everything will be digital so perhaps some kind of digital currency will be the one in use. The question is whether BTC is still alive by then.

Indeed it is basically in the world will all be spinning, so we were basically will surely have the same thoughts. Does BTC or cryptocurrency that is currently emerging would give an advantage to the future or even vice versa. We cannot give a guarantee, but I am sure that it will remain profitable and life. Because the system and also the benefits are much more profitable.
valentin68

Activity: 459
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:44:15 AM

In my opinion there are no chances to live in a world without classic currency. As I know Sweden does not have cash money since two or three years now, but for all the money to be replaced with crypto-currency, this is something that governments should impose. Bitcoin is beginning to be very accepted in Asia, but in Europe and other parts of the world there are many things to be done to be accepted. Here where I am there are no physical shops to accept bitcoin. So in my opinion the chances to live in a world without classic money are very slim.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:51:50 AM

Living in a world with no actual money and only use digital currency is really good and better. The biggest advantage of cashless society is that keeping track of economic transaction through digital mode help to control back practices. So the number crime activity will be decrease.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:56:23 AM

I do not know, every cryptocurrency has their own function. there are only a few of the cryptocurrencies that are always on the platform to form other cryptocurrencies. But, so many people assume that cryptocurrency is a substitute for money.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Pleione527

Activity: 266
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:03:04 AM

I think cryptocurrency can make real money disappear because the technology opens up posibility of paperless money and seeing how bitcoin is being accepted in the market nowadays it seems that paper money can become obsolete in future time
lawlawlaw

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:24:15 AM

Probably no.but i'm sure cryptocurrency will be a partner for real money. as of now, it is good for alternative and convinient use. i'm guessing too that it will work hand-to-hand with fiat. cryptocurrency will also be available to banks.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:51:46 AM

This is our future to physical money go in history. Everything is showing for that. Yes, I'm for an idea of cashless society, but I don't think it is going to happen so fast, cause of the biggest part of people is still leaving in a country side. I don't say that people there don't know a thing about technologies, no, oppositely, many people today chose technological equipped peaceful life in a country. But the progress is unstoppable and paper money are going to go in the past one day.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 11:01:01 AM

I don't think anything like this is going to happen in at least next 100 years. We will have people who will always prefer fiat currencies (yes, the form will keep changing). There is a strong possibility of government's adoption of blockchain technology and we might see blockchain version of fiat currencies. Thus, I think the form of fiat currencies will keep changing but it won't disappear completely.
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:32:34 AM

No, it will not happen. Inspite of the popularity of the cryptocurrency in our present time still the government or nation needs the real money in order to control the monetary policy since the government has no control with all the cryptocurrencies.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:39:35 AM

I dont think that Fiat money will disappear because of cryptocurrency. First, it is because that different types of money have different functions and uses. Cryptocurrency is for Internet World while Fiat monet is for Both Online and Offline; and is usually used for daily lives.
miyong

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:05:09 PM

Its highly impossible for crypto currency to make real money disappear.Real money is backed by governments and so they give assurance to its value.But crypto currencies are mostly decentralized.Its value is mostly driven by the community support.Most people don't know about digital transactions and they only know paper money as the real money.Also,internet is also not widely available in all parts to carry digital transactions.

True, that is impossible, for that to happen all the people should learn about crypto, internet and all the things needed in daily transaction.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 12:33:02 PM

I dont think that Fiat money will disappear because of cryptocurrency. First, it is because that different types of money have different functions and uses. Cryptocurrency is for Internet World while Fiat monet is for Both Online and Offline; and is usually used for daily lives.

I also think that this is impossible. Many countries nowadays still restrict access to the Internet and crypto-currencies.  Many people can not use the inventions of civilization even today. In these circumstances the crypto currency can not replace the real money with physical value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: