Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:07:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency make real money disappear?  (Read 28795 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:31:37 PM

What are the chances of living in a world with no actual money ?  Shocked

People will continue using fiat even if there is a chance that cryptocurrencies will become the standard currencies in the future. Not all people have a knowledge of computer others have no idea how bitcoin works especially in the rural areas and to those who are illiterate people. They will continue using money because for them it is the easiest way, consider that bitcoin is more technical than paper money.

And what do you think about long - term? like more than 50 years.? I think it can be, cause in future most of people would have enough knowledge to use computer technologies...but also, maybe, it will be a lot of differents from todays technologies, so our generation will not know about how to use future technologies )
 Huh

Even in long term, there will be something like fiat that will be used alongside online and cryptocurrencies. We can't live on online curremcies alone since there will be transactions that can't run without physical exchanges

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:12:29 PM

I beleive it is impossible. People need fiat cash to buy drugs and weapons, noone wants to leave traces in the network  Grin
Real money" is subject to change over time, or at least how people commonly define it. Some people argue that the only real money is gold and silver. I see a future in which cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies function side by side and become interchangeable. Possibly there will be a role for both in the future.
Yes, but you may also consider "real" as material. If real is physical/material then gold and silver are money but cryptocurrencies are not

Many are looking like that and many are asked what is money and what represent money. Is it another mean of paying or something valued that can be latter changed to money or something else.

However many dont consider crypto as money more like investment and like that many dont think that cryptos are good option for replacing money, maybe they are right and again they maybe be wrong.

Bitcoin is money but the biggest issue of bitcoin is that it sucks as money, it is slow and expensive to transact and it is not anonymous, so bitcoin has a lot of disadvantages to overcome but it will do so eventually and when it does we are going to see people transacting their bitcoin more often, right now it does not make sense to use bitcoin in your daily life as a currency but we can use it in our daily lives as an incredible investment.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:47:14 PM

What are the chances of living in a world with no actual money ?  Shocked
Not in a long run...Fiat has been in the financial system for centuries and it is unlikely that any crypto currency would be able to blot it out. It is just not realistic as of this time. But I still believe that almost anything is possible and that certain things can be made to happen. So who knows right?

Felix1

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:00:02 AM

Bitcoin might do this , but not in near future. I was told that this electronic money was created in order to give population (world, poor, rich...) control of their own money without the need of a bank ("those bad guys"), But for that to succeed we have to give computers and internet access to all, and that we are forgetting.

It is not going to happen very soon. Just think that real money are used since year 500. Every single person use money every second/minute/hours etc. It is going to be impossible to make real money disappear in a few years. Also a lot of people dont even know what is that GOOGLE. How do you expect them to use something that they never heard about . I do think real money can be replaced but not very soon.
Leo_roof

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:12:42 AM

Considering that both paper and digital fiat are massively entrenched in markets all over the world, it's quite unlikely that you'll see it entirely disappear in the short-term. But there's a good chance that crypto will replace a large portion of it on. Especially if platforms like nucleus.vision and ethgreen take off in a big way.
twinkleakki94

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:20:15 AM

I agree, if distributed businesses and decentralised apps take over the world, we'll see a lot less fiat in use. Now if you think that's far-fetched, remember that we barely had the internet two decades ago, and now it's pretty much an essential part of all our lives.
Boriscarter1
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:38:52 AM

I like that you pointed out nucleus.vision - Why? Because the only way fiat is going to be replaced is if DApps come into regular everyday use. That will drive crypto token (and eventually cryptocurrency) adoption in a big way. So much depends on how quickly they can build a credible ecosystem though.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:44:20 AM

Yes, Cryptos, especially Bitcoin will replace paper money and also will replace the gold reserve system of central banks. but it will take long, like a few decades or so.
ovavhjdb

Activity: 16

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:44:45 AM

This is not possible. Now, the encrypted currency accounts for only a small portion of the cash flow. Maybe ten years later, most industries use encrypted money. But I think paper money will always exist, some industries have to use paper money to pay.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 12:48:14 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies won't certainly replace any fiat currency, because they require access to the Internet, which is not available to everyone. Currency Fiat is a traditional currency and simply can't be replaced by digital currencies in the shortest possible time.
nick_nick

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:18:10 PM

Low. I think personally that cryptocurrencies wont make FIAT useless, but I think that cryptocurrencies will work hand-in-hand with FIAT money. Especially in countries like the United States, and the other first-world countries; I don't see FIAT going anywhere soon.
That's very true. Fiat money wouldn't disappear because of the introduction of cryptocurrencies. Rather people would invest in cryptocurrencies just to ultimately convert to fiat money at a profit
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 07:23:56 PM

The chances are zero. This will never happen, fiat will always be on top. After all governments control that.
intoy_victor

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:05:16 AM

No that is very impossible there no chance that could replace the real money to cryptocurrency. The real money is one of important to those persons who work in goverment or even only in a mall. And cryptocurrency is not popular to those people who dont have internet they dont even know what is bitcoin. When the time comes that cryptocurrency replace the real money maybe in country that is so progress country or top economic country.
JamesIV

Activity: 238

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:35:08 AM

I think cryptocurrency can make real money disappear with one condition: The Internet cover all around the world. If not, Bitcoin will just be suitable with rich people

Dyn@styN3rd

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:41:51 AM

I don't think so. Our local currencies exists for centuries now and it is even hard to replace with a new design sometimes what more if we replace it with different currency and without stability when it comes to value. Don't really want to live, paying or using a currency that changes by the minute. I think it'll be hard to adjust especially for people who doesn't have an idea how digital currencies are used.
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:05:39 AM

oh crypto cant kill the real money tho.its only in onkine investing or somethin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:10:37 AM

It is possible that cryptocurrency will make real money to disapper in the future now that technology is starting to advance much more also you can also now buy and pay some items in some shop using electronics devices without using real money so maybe in the next 10-20 years cryptocurrency will be much more usable than real money. But it was still depends on the advancement of technologies in the future.
Tinna25

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:27:57 AM

like you use credit cards, but cryptocurrency is more powerful than that, and there is no problem with digital money because we live in era digital
igybadger

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:26:56 AM

Though Bitcoin is a very promising commodity, still I think it cannot replace the real money. For one, any government will not hold anything that they cannot control and bitcoin for that matter is an example. It is a decentralized currency, meaning no one has a direct authority over it.
Aaroenz0r

Activity: 504

Option Blitz

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:50:29 AM

I dont think that cryptocurrency can make real money disappear. Because there are many places dont accept crypto in payment. I think they need at least 30 years to be more popular

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: