Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41075 times)
CryptoMensch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 11:32:31 PM

I bought some at $0.3 sweet

BANCOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:36:46 PM

I bought some at $0.3 sweet

Yea I also bought in about a hundred yesterday when it hit $0.34 just for the sake of holding a bit of it. Who knows, it might turn into the next ETH and be worth a few dollars one day. I'm already having a small profit so it can't be that bad, and I figured there are worse ways to waste 40 bucks.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:55:38 PM

bought a couple thousands at low price... sold at +20%... kept 500 coins (my 20% gain) to see what happens on this one.

Strongly believe it's a scam.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 12:33:55 AM

So funny seeing people call IOTA a scam because they missed out or feel threatened by it.

Here are some IOTA facts:

• It was crowdsold on here in 2015 for 1337 BTC with no coins reserved for development/anything else
  • It has since been heavily traded OTC and on a semi-automated slack escrow service - the market cap built up gradually
  • It only needs the coordinator to prevent a 34% attack - when network is large enough it will be switched off
  • It has partnerships with multiple Billion-dollar companies
  • It has a good distribution of coins, better than many cryptos:
    https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/iota-an-update-on-token-distribution-and-exchange-launch

http://iotasupport.com/whatisiota.shtml

that list is laughable

1. who needs development coins when you sell them all to yourselves and insiders for practically nothing or 2000x less than you collude to sell to others for. I mean really you give yourself your own btc so you get for free really.
2. no it went to x30 days after ico ended
3. has no bearing on it being a scam
4. heard this old chestnut before from so many projects and then nothing solid comes of it.
5. hysterical suggestion and of course totally impossible to prove that even though having a tiny ico would obviously mean it has a wide distribution only in the reality of an iota insider.

please try harder.

The motivation of posters can have no bearing on the observable events that anyone can research.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:54:13 AM

Cryptohunter:

Can you please show evidence that the ico was a huge insider conspiracy?
I got into it and i know others who have zero connection to cfb,david, james etc got in it too.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:28:34 AM

So funny seeing people call IOTA a scam because they missed out or feel threatened by it.

Here are some IOTA facts:

• It was crowdsold on here in 2015 for 1337 BTC with no coins reserved for development/anything else
  • It has since been heavily traded OTC and on a semi-automated slack escrow service - the market cap built up gradually
  • It only needs the coordinator to prevent a 34% attack - when network is large enough it will be switched off
  • It has partnerships with multiple Billion-dollar companies
  • It has a good distribution of coins, better than many cryptos:
    https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2017/06/11/iota-an-update-on-token-distribution-and-exchange-launch

http://iotasupport.com/whatisiota.shtml
thanks for the information. I will make more research about this coin. It looks very potential to me however it is still very new for me to accept it. if everything goes well, I will buy some IOTA for myself

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
RhinoTrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 07:42:11 AM

It is going to tank harder when it hits an exchange that people actually use - like Polo or Bittrex
That is the very reason it was listed only on bitfinex, so that the insiders can prevent such a drastic drop in price

Had it been listed like other coins on couple of more exchanges it would have crashed over 200% and people would be witch hunting the promoters/scammers.

By listing it only on bitfinex, they have once again manipulated the market and the recent influx of people who know nothing about crypto are all jumping in line to fall for this scam.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 10:52:24 AM

After the stealth ICO raising only 500BTC (mostly to insiders and themselves)

ICO was not stealth at all. That's a fact.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2017, 11:16:34 AM by cryptohunter

Please take time to go back read the justification of calling it stealth in the context of the other large icos of the time.

Then take more time to justify your claim it was not stealth in comparison to other icos of the time.

Then take further time to explain why it raised 20x less than other icos of the time.

Then take further time to explain why in polls conducted directly after most said they never knew about it.

Then take further time to explain why all those that obviously knew about it then wanted to buy it for 30x more days after it concluded.

Then take further time to explain cfbs reaction to lots of sock puppets accounts being used.

Then take further time explain why it was regarded as a scam by a huge proportion of people in a poll directly after the ico finished.

Then take further time to explain why it was spammed on the main board in a huge way directly after the ico ended but was not mentioned before on the main board.

Then I can take your claims of facts more seriously.

The fact you may have stumbled into it or that you may be a sock puppet or maybe an insider does not mean it was not under advertised compared to all other large icos of that time. You may of course be one person that just found it and invested who cans say. this is not important regarding the observable events I have mentioned.

You need to judge an ico next to other icos of that time. That is your context and that is why it was stealth like in comparison.

There is no it was not hyped, there is no  we didn't want too much dev funding, there is no we didnt want to waste tokens on bounties for advertising. It was always the plan to have a narrow distribution as with nxt his first such scheme.

If you think the MC must crash you are perhaps wrong too if they want it to stay at 1bn for an extended time or go up it can. That is beauty of holding the vast majority of the tokens and being able to manipulate the market. A slow sell off to those buying a few here and there at 2000x ico for months or years is fine for them. There is no hurry to extract your btc this was a good plan and executed well.

That is not to say there is not possible great tech here. But having it released like that as a pure self enrichment vehicle is not good.

I don't know why people are trying to defend the ico, it was as close to a nxt2 as they could go without looking 100% pure scam. This is just leveraged greatly in their favour. To say pure scam is perhaps over reaching but certainly one of the least fair projects here.

There are many worse but still icos need to be widely advertised, open ended and have some form of pow if possible to ensure minimal manipulation and market making.

By all means defend your investment but don't tell me it was not stealth like and instantly hiked to 30x days after it was over and the hyping started on the main board and the same faces pumping then are pumping now.

Well planned, well executed self enriching scheme with perhaps some useful tech behind it that remains to be tested and seen.

End of story.

Next.

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:25:05 AM

Will see what you have to say in 12 months time Kiss
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:26:58 PM

Please take time to go back read the justification of calling it stealth in the context of the other large icos of the time.

Then take more time to justify your claim it was not stealth in comparison to other icos of the time.

Then take further time to explain why it raised 20x less than other icos of the time.

Then take further time to explain why in polls conducted directly after most said they never knew about it.

Then take further time to explain why all those that obviously knew about it then wanted to buy it for 30x more days after it concluded.

Then take further time to explain cfbs reaction to lots of sock puppets accounts being used.

Then take further time explain why it was regarded as a scam by a huge proportion of people in a poll directly after the ico finished.

Then take further time to explain why it was spammed on the main board in a huge way directly after the ico ended but was not mentioned before on the main board.

The fact you may have stumbled into it or that you may be a sock puppet or maybe an insider does not mean it was not under advertised compared to all other large icos of that time. You may of course be one person that just found it and invested who cans say. this is not important regarding the observable events I have mentioned.

You need to judge an ico next to other icos of that time. That is your context and that is why it was stealth like in comparison.

There is no it was not hyped, there is no  we didn't want too much dev funding, there is no we didnt want to waste tokens on bounties for advertising. It was always the plan to have a narrow distribution as with nxt his first such scheme.

If you think the MC must crash you are perhaps wrong too if they want it to stay at 1bn for an extended time or go up it can. That is beauty of holding the vast majority of the tokens and being able to manipulate the market. A slow sell off to those buying a few here and there at 2000x ico for months or years is fine for them. There is no hurry to extract your btc this was a good plan and executed well.

That is not to say there is not possible great tech here. But having it released like that as a pure self enrichment vehicle is not good.

I don't know why people are trying to defend the ico, it was as close to a nxt2 as they could go without looking 100% pure scam. This is just leveraged greatly in their favour. To say pure scam is perhaps over reaching but certainly one of the least fair projects here.

There are many worse but still icos need to be widely advertised, open ended and have some form of pow if possible to ensure minimal manipulation and market making.

By all means defend your investment but don't tell me it was not stealth like and instantly hiked to 30x days after it was over and the hyping started on the main board and the same faces pumping then are pumping now.

Well planned, well executed self enriching scheme with perhaps some useful tech behind it that remains to be tested and seen.

End of story.

Next.

That is a lot of anecdotal bullshit.
There were more then enough icos raising less then iota.
I remember your thread with the poll - people with more then 50 iq should realize that making a poll here doesnt show anything because you just can make new accounts or vote with alts.

I dont even know what i should say about the rest especially that majority of people wanted to buy it for 30 more days? What? Are you taking your poll in the altcoin section as evidence? Really?

Will see what you have to say in 12 months time Kiss

He said the same things 2 years ago. He will say the same thing next year or just going to suicide.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:28:26 PM

Exactly which ICOs raised 20x more than IOTA at the end of 2015 and before ETH pump?

Where do you find it was 30x days after ICO ended.

More than 1 month after the ICO the price was 8x-10x:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.msg13833813#msg13833813
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262688.msg13837881#msg13837881

And later the price increased to 20x because ETH started pumping.
johnsm79

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

trade.io - Join the Trading Revolution

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2017, 02:55:15 PM

since every ICO is a startup, investing in the coins is just like a commodity, and nothing to do with the actual product.

At this stage, being listed, I believe it is out of the ICO environment and gone in to what is necessary for all the crypto market.. the real development of their product, which will help everyone become more real.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  TRADE.IO       ║     WHITEPAPER  •  ANN THREAD  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE TRADING REVOLUTION
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:45:57 PM

Speaking of stealth ICO

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1216479.msg12938494#msg12938494
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:14:31 PM

I have never heard about this coin before and suddenly it appears on the top 10 coin which makes me very very currious. I attend to learn more about this coin before making some statement here. Well, if it is a scam coin, there is no way for it to appear on the top 10 with a big volume and high price like that.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:27:03 PM

I have never heard about this coin before and suddenly it appears on the top 10 coin which makes me very very currious. I attend to learn more about this coin before making some statement here. Well, if it is a scam coin, there is no way for it to appear on the top 10 with a big volume and high price like that.

I bet you never heard about bitcoin until you bought it for 1000-2000$ per coin right? Wink

@liqio

Exactly that is why i called him butthurt because i remember him posting (way) before the ico started. But for whatever reason he just didnt bought.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 11:58:50 PM

This has been covered before. In many threads with cfb and YOU directly.
I never claimed I did not know about the project before the ico. I did not know the ico had taken place or has started.
I am not discussing my personal experience with iota. Actually upon asking when the ico was to be it was said not to ask about it this was just the discussion phase the ico is not for discussion at that point.

Actually I have no idea why I am explaining this to you again since this is another red herring that you were part of before in the same thread i see cfb mentioning that post already.

Again this is not about cryptohunter never heard about the iota ico this is the vast majority of the board at that time were not made aware of the ico.

I can locate the thread where it was explained to you my account was hacked at this time and you or one of the other iota pumpers offered to make a bet that it was banned not hacked but never came through with the btc.

The polls conducted speak for themselves the vast majority at the time were unaware of the iota ico due to it being far more stealth that the other icos of that time.

To the person asking which projects made 20x that of iota by advertising more I believe it was lisk although it may have been 16x more or something like that. Either way the waste of tokens for bounties for advertising were not such a waste if you actually wanted development funding and not a small ico to manipulate. Although all of the large and advertised icos took way more dev funding in.

Again the same iota puppets do not tackle head on the questions they try to divert to make it about 1 persons experience with iota and actually distort that experience to suit their storyline.

Iota raised way way less development funding that those before and after it because they advertised way way less. There is only one possible reason for that and since this is from the nxt development team they are familiar with small icos being a license to print money.

So these red herrings like it was only 16x more development funding not 20x or you cryptohunter heard of the project before the ico means it was not stealth like at all compared to other big advertised icos is a diversion not a rebuttal.

Forget about 1 person, tackle the main points. This is not about 1 person this is about observable events that effect everyone and what they meant and why they went down like that and what are the implications.

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:38:17 AM

You are still basing your arguments on an poll.
That poll could just be fake as all the different iota investors right?

The 3 biggest icos until 2015 were - if my memory doesnt play tricks - maidsaife, ethereum and supernet.
Supernet on third place raised 5700 btc.

Iota ico was end of 2015 with nearly 1.4 k btc raised.

Looking back then there were just a handful of people understanding and realising what iota would be used for and how.
I would rather say that this was the main reason for not raising more. It was well advertised in different big communities (i.e. supernet community). I still dont understand how people can say it was stealthy when people asked in altcoin discussion about iota and cfb.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:58:49 AM

The polls conducted speak for themselves the vast majority at the time were unaware of the iota ico due to it being far more stealth that the other icos of that time.

To the person asking which projects made 20x that of iota by advertising more I believe it was lisk although it may have been 16x more or something like that. Either way the waste of tokens for bounties for advertising were not such a waste if you actually wanted development funding and not a small ico to manipulate. Although all of the large and advertised icos took way more dev funding in.

Iota raised way way less development funding that those before and after it because they advertised way way less. There is only one possible reason for that and since this is from the nxt development team they are familiar with small icos being a license to print money.

So these red herrings like it was only 16x more development funding not 20x or you cryptohunter heard of the project before the ico means it was not stealth like at all compared to other big advertised icos is a diversion not a rebuttal.

Forget about 1 person, tackle the main points. This is not about 1 person this is about observable events that effect everyone and what they meant and why they went down like that and what are the implications.

Lisk ICO was a bit later and their devs got lucky because ETH started it's pump and brought new people into altcoins which allowed them to raise a lot of BTC. The end of 2015 was absolute wreckage for altcoins, which means people were hesitant to invest. Also, signature campaigns wasn't really a thing before Lisk.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 04:36:16 PM

Is because it has been in development supposedly for a long time as I understand, was the first to introduce the idea of  Tangle as  a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) that try solves some problems of the blockchain and call it “Obsolete” cryptography, that's why it has caused a lot of turmoil, everyone should investigate a little more before taking a decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: