Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41077 times)
Nedkt

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:51:09 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 03:13:34 AM by Nedkt

Iota is  the only"coin" who is backed by real big companies such as microsoft,Cisco,Bosch....etc

And iota  has zero Inflation, unlike ethereum

It is the most undervalued Crypto outthere !!!!

How's that market cap looking? Think it just passed the $500M mark on its way down. Seems like it is getting closer to where it always should have been considering how far off anything industry ready it really is. Market cap of $250M or less seems far more reasonable than $1B+.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:02:08 AM

$20biliion by the end of this year!  

It should that reach easily and i am Not joking!
Nedkt

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:13:17 AM

Dude, seriously. I hope you aren't betting your rent payments on that assumption.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:27:36 AM

You'd have to be a dunce to not see it already.

Aha.

Separate the promises of IOTA with the actual implementation, the people behind it, and the results.

Aint nothing wrong with IoT, with machine-to-machine economy, DAG-coin, the points you mentioned.

But utilizing Proof-of-Work on IoT is beyond retarded, expecting PoW to even be necessary in a DAG-coin is also retarded.

Failing to see what the Coordinator does, that it will never be removed, the founders have not even posted any criteria for when it can be removed. Why it is needed even at the beginning, "training wheels" - makes you a dunce.

Hint: IOTA is piggybacking on IoT buzzword hype in the enterprise and scamming clueless greedy cryptocoin nerds while delivering worthless product.

Hint2: All the problems of IOTA are already solved with Byteball.
garet

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:36:17 AM

Github is not something that most devs use much of the time.  It is really there to provide the open source code for the public.  Any real dev is using a Git server of their own to share with the team or, if there is no team, they may not even need to have up to date code in multiple locations or they use a simpler method.

Sorry, I had to sign up just to say that you are uninformed.

Just some background, I am a Senior Systems Engineer for a multi-million dollar company, and I manage two large teams in two different countries, and we definitely do use Github internally for all of our source control needs. We generally use GitKraken or SourceTree as the client/UI.  

Github is not just a place to "provide code for the public".  It is an extremely powerful source control system which handles our huge teams from multiple countries all working on the same projects. Without it, it would be a nightmare to merge code from different devs into a single project without code conflicts. Github has tools to detect / manage / resolve code conflicts.  We also use it for our code review process, and code history tracking, and link it to our JIRA issue tracker.

If you are not a dev, and have never had to use any type of source control system like Subversion or Git, and you don't know anything about "Continuous Delivery" or "Agile Development", you probably wouldn't understand what Github is really for and how powerful it is.  Your interaction with Github probably doesn't go beyond downloading some random app, and not actually using it for source control.

---

On that note, what brought me here is IOTA. I and many colleagues of mine (who are engineers who have invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum) have read the whitepaper on IOTA, and have read and understood the available source code, and already understand the algorithms behind its quantum proof nature (Winternitz signatures), have all agreed that Directed Acyclic Graph based systems are going to eventually make Blockchain based systems irrelevant.  

As most of you should know by now both Blockchain systems and DAG systems like IOTA were not designed to be currencies, they were designed to be a system of trust... However they simply found their first implementation as currencies / transactions.  With that said, from a technology standpoint, the main cause for the eventual Blockchain demise and deprecation is going to be the lack of scalability.  You have no idea how important this is to engineers... Next to security, scalability is the number one concern for any enterprise engineer developing anything... ever...  Blockchains just don't scale well at all, it grows exponentially, and requires enormous amounts or resources to support it as it grows, and performance is decreased as it grows.  However, IOTA is infinitely scalable, it's performance is not affected by the number of people that use it. From an engineers perspective, and as someone who designs systems and approves their usage in corporate environments who plan ahead for growth, I would never approve the usage of blockchain technology over DAG technology based on that alone.

Now, about security... even though quantum computers are a few years out, the field of cryptography is already a few steps ahead in making algorithms that prevent even quantum computers from breaking hashes. IOTA uses one of those algorithms, and that translates into protection and stability in the future. It protects your investment. No blockchain based system has yet to implement that, and it should scare investors away.

Last but not least is the final game changer... no transaction fees. Micropayments are a big topic in the Internet of Things world. Even the mobile app world, and further more in the ADVERTISING AND MARKETING world. I could talk all day about how this is a huge game changer, but I think this post is already a TLDR post. You'd have to be a dunce to not see it already.

In short: Blockchain was only the beginning. It got us where we are now. Like all technology it will eventually be deprecated and replaced with something new. Blockchain's days are numbered, and its death has been set in motion. There is a very good reason IOTA started with such a high market cap... its the next big thing and the engineers and scientific community and technology based investors already know this.  It's not just another blockchain coin, its cryptocurrency 2.0.  Its rise wont be too quick because of ignorance, lack of understanding, and because of ill-informed topics like this one, but it will rise to the top.  You will see.

Really interesting post. I came here to see what all the fuss was about IOTA and you have peaked my interest. I'm not looking to invest but am looking to understand more about the technology as I've always wondered what could come after blockchain. From your post, maybe this is the answer. Thanks for sharing.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 08:41:59 AM

Wow. This thread is full of IOTA bagholders. A clear example:

If you truly think that, your mentally challanged. This shitcoin ain't going anywhere but the graveyard.

In short: Blockchain was only the beginning. It got us where we are now. Like all technology it will eventually be deprecated and replaced with something new. Blockchain's days are numbered, and its death has been set in motion. There is a very good reason IOTA started with such a high market cap... its the next big thing and the engineers and scientific community and technology based investors already know this.  It's not just another blockchain coin, its cryptocurrency 2.0.  Its rise wont be too quick because of ignorance, lack of understanding, and because of ill-informed topics like this one, but it will rise to the top.  You will see.
The reason for this is that Bitcoin is far too superior than anything else that is promising smoke and mirrors. It will take something drastically superior to even get close to Bitcoin.

Not necessary if you ask me.  IOTA is not the most legitimate coin out there but it's not a "scam" per se, nor is it a pump and dump - it's been trading peer-to-peer for a long time before this exchange release.
The trust ratings are not solely for "scams" per se.

IOTA is shit because it requires proof-of-work from each client in order to have "zero fees".  This means that the IoT devices that it claims will connect to it will find it very difficult to use IOTA without doing the PoW, and the battery life would be bad. 
In other words: The whole idea is inherently flawed.

No need for that. In a nutshell: the ICO was public indeed (not hyped tho') and lasted for a month. OP missed it, then he asked for a second ICO. CFB refused that and since then Cryptohunter thinks it's a scam. He might or might no right, but AFAIK the IOTA guys put some work into the coin and came up with some real life applications/prototypes, I tend to believe he's wrong on this.
Why would I care about OP though? This thread came to my attention because of the shilling.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 09:34:34 AM

I think you mean Blockchain?  It seems you simply don't understand the technology, you just blindly defend it.  Saying "Bitcoin is far too superior than anything" is like saying a cathode ray tube television is superior to any other television. It is very short sighted and wrong.
No. I've said Bitcoin. How many merchants accept IOTA? Near zero. How many people want to use IOTA outside of the people already holding it? Near zero. Anything that I could possibly list, the answer is 'near zero'.

I think the real problem here is the public's inability to separate their understanding of blockchain technology from DAG technology. For example, bitcoin's proof of work difficulty increased over time to prevent inflation, and is what caused miners to go from simple CPU mining rigs, to GPU mining rigs, to application-specific integrated circuit chips (ASICs) farms, and wasting a ton of energy and money in the process.  That is not necessary for IOTA, and the Proof Of Work is fixed difficulty, and can be done by not-so-powerful devices quite easily....  So educate yourself.
"DAG technology". You remind me of those people that think DAGs are something new and that nobody tried using them for the purpose that Bitcoin was created. If you think that IOTA is superior or will overtake Bitcoin or mETH (which is horrible on its own), then you truly are delusional and/or a bagholding shill. Someone with 3 posts comes here to tell me that I do not understand the technology. Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 10:21:55 AM

You do realize how new IOTA is right?  It literally was just allowed on exchanges last month.... Are you retarded or something?
Hot new IOTA? Sounds like the ICO hype, i.e. IOTA is garbage.

Ok now I can tell you are full of shit. You aren't fooling anyone. You are an undercover fucking retard. - And I doubt the undercover status lol
Just some background, I am a Senior Systems Engineer for a multi-million dollar company,
Senior systems shill it seems.

Anyway... I make enough money and invest smart enough to be able to make a ridiculous fortune off of IOTA if it goes well, just like I did from Bitcoin, and not be phased if it happens to go bad. So honestly, I don't give a fuck what you or anyone thinks in the end. LOL I'll wave at you from my yacht.
Grow up kid. IOTA is garbage, even at the current hyped up price. Realistic valuation of IOTA: $50mil market cap at best.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:22:45 AM

No. I've said Bitcoin. How many merchants accept IOTA? Near zero. How many people want to use IOTA outside of the people already holding it? Near zero. Anything that I could possibly list, the answer is 'near zero'.

You do realize how new IOTA is right?  It literally was just allowed on exchanges last month.... Are you retarded or something?

"DAG technology". You remind me of those people that think DAGs are something new and that nobody tried using them for the purpose that Bitcoin was created. If you think that IOTA is superior or will overtake Bitcoin or mETH (which is horrible on its own), then you truly are delusional and/or a bagholding shill. Someone with 3 posts comes here to tell me that I do not understand the technology. Roll Eyes

Ok now I can tell you are full of shit. You aren't fooling anyone. You are an undercover fucking retard. - And I doubt the undercover status lol

Anyway... I make enough money and invest smart enough to be able to make a ridiculous fortune off of IOTA if it goes well, just like I did from Bitcoin, and not be phased if it happens to go bad. So honestly, I don't give a fuck what you or anyone thinks in the end. LOL I'll wave at you from my yacht.

I hope you invested at 1.8BN cap you can wave from your sinking rowing boat but nobody will come and save you now.

This sock puppet is laughable and is probably david or cfb

IOTA will be cloned many times soon and it won't seem so special.

Assuming byteball is the product of 1 person is just another error you've made. I support that even over iota.

Both will be overtaken by new DAG based projects in the future.

I have no idea why people even respond to 2 post accounts that are obvious sock puppets anyway. Its always the same story..... I was suddenly motivated to sign up blah blah blah ..... all these years never once before wanted to sign in and discuss this project they are so passionate about.

Man up and post under your main account.

pumpmydump

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:58:28 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 01:12:37 AM by mprep

You do realize how new IOTA is right?  It literally was just allowed on exchanges last month.... Are you retarded or something?

I hope you invested at 1.8BN cap you can wave from your sinking rowing boat but nobody will come and save you now.

This sock puppet is laughable and is probably david or cfb

IOTA will be cloned many times soon and it won't seem so special.

Assuming byteball is the product of 1 person is just another error you've made. I support that even over iota.

Both will be overtaken by new DAG based projects in the future.

I have no idea why people even respond to 2 post accounts that are obvious sock puppets anyway. Its always the same story..... I was suddenly motivated to sign up blah blah blah ..... all these years never once before wanted to sign in and discuss this project they are so passionate about.

Man up and post under your main account.

That was refreshing Grin

Github is not something that most devs use much of the time.  It is really there to provide the open source code for the public.  Any real dev is using a Git server of their own to share with the team or, if there is no team, they may not even need to have up to date code in multiple locations or they use a simpler method.

Sorry, I had to sign up just to say that you are uninformed.

Just some background, I am a Senior Systems Engineer for a multi-million dollar company, and I manage two large teams in two different countries, and we definitely do use Github internally for all of our source control needs. We generally use GitKraken or SourceTree as the client/UI. 

On that note, what brought me here is IOTA. I and many colleagues of mine (who are engineers who have invested in Bitcoin and Ethereum) have read the whitepaper on IOTA, and have read and understood the available source code, and already understand the algorithms behind its quantum proof nature (Winternitz signatures), have all agreed that Directed Acyclic Graph based systems are going to eventually make Blockchain based systems irrelevant. 

Dude this is starting to look like a meme, some genius manager with 30 years of experience in whatever multi-million / billion dollar company makes a great long post about how such project is the best thing that has ever happened to humanity or how some other project is the worst shit ever that everyone should sell. And often times that guy has intelligent and educated friends who understand everything and who all agree with him. This all sounds like paid advertisements.
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:10:44 AM

Is fun to see how IOTA detractors accept DAG as a revealing new technology (+1 point for IOTA), and also asume that many clones will be made, Byteball already is (+2 points for IOTA). Do all the bitcoin clones have made it weaker or much stronger? Smiley
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:35:18 PM

Even after one month i am checkin gthe price of IOTA started market with 0.6$ on June 13 now its price around 0.21$ . I wish i could have see this thread month before its too late now wish for next pump.
aaron2024

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:53:29 PM

...clones ...Byteball already is
false
13abyknight

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:04:06 PM

I saw this coin in the earlier days and could conclude that it was another pump and dump just for the developers to earn some quick cash while pulling a quick one on its investors and trusters. It's a good thing threads like these are made to create awareness about a pretty much obvious ICO scam.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:40:50 PM

The short term price change should be irrelevant when its long term potential is high. IOTA still has problems and when these problems are cleared, IOTA will be heading to the moon. 

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 01:55:11 PM

Newbies to this space may be fooled by such posts, especially when they start with "I am a senior systems engineers". Roll Eyes

Dude this is starting to look like a meme, some genius manager with 30 years of experience in whatever multi-million / billion dollar company makes a great long post about how such project is the best thing that has ever happened to humanity or how some other project is the worst shit ever that everyone should sell. And often times that guy has intelligent and educated friends who understand everything and who all agree with him. This all sounds like paid advertisements.
That's pretty much how every scam ever gets pumped, and IOTA is just an example of such a scam.

false
Indeed. Just because Byteball uses DAG, that does not make it an IOTA clone. Roll Eyes

The short term price change should be irrelevant when its long term potential is high. IOTA still has problems and when these problems are cleared, IOTA will be heading to the moon. 
Another IOTA scamcoin bagholder detected. Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dorset

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:44:22 PM

Newbies to this space may be fooled by such posts, especially when they start with "I am a senior systems engineers". Roll Eyes

That's pretty much how every scam ever gets pumped, and IOTA is just an example of such a scam.

false
Indeed. Just because Byteball uses DAG, that does not make it an IOTA clone. Roll Eyes

I am considering buying this IOTA dip, have read the white paper a few time and came here to see what people are saying... and then I find this thread. Do you have any real argument against the technology of IOTA? Or is it all "small ico, therefore it's a scam" and "price is falling, therefore it's a scam" because I have seen little to no technical discussion here. Do you have any real arguments against the technology that I should be aware of?
LocoMB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:59:15 PM

I am considering buying this IOTA dip, have read the white paper a few time and came here to see what people are saying... and then I find this thread. Do you have any real argument against the technology of IOTA? Or is it all "small ico, therefore it's a scam" and "price is falling, therefore it's a scam" because I have seen little to no technical discussion here. Do you have any real arguments against the technology that I should be aware of?

cudos to your critical thinking, because- no, they actually do not have any real arguments.

turns out the OP is the same person that created a prolonged embarassement a cpl months after having missed the ICO by screaming, whining, hissing and fuming about getting his personal second ICO.

obviously, he didn't ...  Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 04:00:08 PM

I am considering buying this IOTA dip, have read the white paper a few time and came here to see what people are saying... and then I find this thread.
If I write a nice looking whitepaper on something that is fundamentally flawed (obviously I won't say that it is), you will be convinced and will buy my product? That's basically what IOTA is along with 99% of the mETH tokens.

Do you have any real argument against the technology of IOTA? Or is it all "small ico, therefore it's a scam" and "price is falling, therefore it's a scam" because I have seen little to no technical discussion here. Do you have any real arguments against the technology that I should be aware of?
There was a comparison table between Byteball and IOTA somewhere, and IOTA easily loses to it. I'm too lazy to look for it, IIRC it was posted in the byteball ANN thread.

P.S. Don't listen to random "experts" that have zero contributions to Bitcoin and cryptography.

cudos to your critical thinking, because- no, they actually do not have any real arguments.
Stop shilling this shitcoin, idiot.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:01:20 PM

false

You missed the ico right? Foam party
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: