Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 09:16:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41077 times)
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:36:58 AM

Did you know that threads like this were made also for Ethereum, Ripple ...by people who failed to catch the ICO. Sorry man
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:42:31 AM

Did you know that threads like this were made also for Ethereum, Ripple ...by people who failed to catch the ICO. Sorry man

ripple and iota are just as bad as each other.... actually maybe ripple is worse. Said they would distribute it for free then kind of forgot too and kept the vast bulk themselves.

ethereum has a huge POW phase that anyone can fairly mine... and had huge marketing of their ico - this is in no way in the league of manipulated schemes like the other 2.  

I'm still awaiting your explanation of why my statements were illogical. How much longer must I await? Are you working on presenting your argument in paraquantum extended lambda calculus with locoMB? if so don't bother - simple english will suffice.

carajillu

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:46:13 AM

In fact I agree with you in this point, IOTA is better than Ripple.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:53:19 AM

In fact I agree with you in this point, IOTA is better than Ripple.

Agree but still being slightly better than one of the most unfair distributional models is not a good thing. It is still like saying in a race of 100 people ripple came last and iota came like 90th so you will support iota over all other projects. Why not support projects that are in the first 10 or 20?

Anyway I am not saying you seem like part of the scheme. You may have been an investor that stumbled in early or whatever but still I say it was planned like this from the start. The fact you have stumbled in at the start is effecting your ability to see it for what it is.

LocoMB seems confused into thinking I have any opinion on the tech behind it. I do not. I do not doubt CFB can create interesting things although I do not think the design is fully his original anyway. However I do know cfb can create good self enrichment schemes, and is good at spamming and building fomo.

LocoMB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:07:30 AM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 10:20:44 AM by LocoMB

Without advertising widely and having and open ended ico then how do you ensure wide initial distribution?

define the term 'widely'.
and be specific, please.

and by the way, there is no such thing as paraquantum extended lambda calculus -this is a nonsensical spoof that I have made up en passant to mock you.
the fact that you do not even recognize this as such just goes to show that you have no place making judgements here.

So you are arrogating for yourself to be judge, jury and executioner of 'fairness' while de facto you are pursuing your selfish interests and none others.
this makes you a disgusting hypocrite - the sneaky parasitic politician type that are technically too inept to tell rice crispies from rat turds, but want to elbow in and get in control no matter how much they are unsuited.

How about you consider a politics career in Washington DC? I assume you are american, please correct me if I am wrong...

Grin
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:05:02 PM

20% of a home PC.

IOTA - IoT coin for computing devices which can do "20% of a home PC".

I'm asking this again because, judging by your answer, you didn't get the question:

Are there any evidences that the developer thought "a Raspberry PI, a motherfucking beast of power in terms of IoT - is an iot-device"? Or you know how to read mind of other people?
20% of a home PC.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:09:39 PM

20% of a home PC.

So it's only your guess, I thought so. Feel free to answer my question again once you get more convincing evidences...
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:12:33 PM

Without advertising widely and having and open ended ico then how do you ensure wide initial distribution?

define the term 'widely'.
and be specific, please.

and by the way, there is no such thing as paraquantum extended lambda calculus -this is a nonsensical spoof that I have made up en passant to mock you.
the fact that you do not even recognize this as such just goes to show that you have no place making judgements here.

So you are arrogating for yourself to be judge, jury and executioner of 'fairness' while de facto you are pursuing your selfish interests and none others.
this makes you a disgusting hypocrite - the sneaky parasitic politician type that are technically too inept to tell rice crispies from rat turds, but want to elbow in and get in control no matter how much they are unsuited.

How about you consider a politics career in Washington DC? I assume you are american, please correct me if I am wrong...

Grin

Widely in the context of other ico's of that time. This point has been made several times over and yet you seem to have missed it. Let's hope you see it this time.

Again i can cast off your reply as totally irrelevant to this thread. A total fail in logic.

If I took the time to correct you every time that you are wrong (as you are once again with your american assumption) then I would be here for quite some time.

Let me explain the simple concept to you once again.

The fact you try are trying to say that my lack of interest as to whether paraquantum extended lambda calculus is a term you invented precludes me from commenting on the fact that narrow distribution leads to collusion and market making ....illustrates only that you shoould think things through a little more before commenting in public.

Feel free to correct me on that.

I'll await your specific response to that specific point. I hope you don't feel the need to make up more terms to illustrate that you are afraid to tackle the very point that this thread was created for with more diversion.

I feel it is you that is far more suited to a career in politics than I.

Let's not make it personal it only demonstrates desperation and lack of substance to your side of the argument.

SatoNatomato

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

20% of a home PC.

So it's only your guess, I thought so. Feel free to answer my question again once you get more convincing evidences...
20% of a home PC. IoT coin developer.

I am not trying to convince you, I am laughing at you.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 12:15:27 PM

Got it, it's your typical behavior when you lose in a dispute - distraction.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:18:26 PM

The only losers in this game are your victims - the people who currently buy iotas from you.
carajillu

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 01:22:02 PM

The only losers in this game are your victims - the people who currently buy iotas from you.

Don't confuse victims with informed and technical people. I'm actually grateful
inwestor2017

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:51:31 PM

why you think so IOTA is bad project?
Akarabzie

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:10:59 PM

He has a personal vendetta against CFB, and is losing his ass on byteball right now. He's trying his best not to be made a fool while also trying to FUD on Iota. Sadly neither are working and people in his own byteball thread are turning against him lol. Just get some popcorn and watch him double down.  Grin

☷☷☷☷☷☷☰☰☰☰ WAVESTHE ONLY BLOCKCHAIN YOU NEEDWAVES ☰☰☰☰☷☷☷☷☷☷
DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGEBTC & FIAT GATEWAYSCOMMUNITY ASSETSICOs/LPOS
▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬JOIN WAVES COMMUNITY PORTAL▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩▬▩
SatoNatomato

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:17:36 PM

He has a personal vendetta against CFB, and is losing his ass on byteball right now. He's trying his best not to be made a fool while also trying to FUD on Iota. Sadly neither are working and people in his own byteball thread are turning against him lol. Just get some popcorn and watch him double down.  Grin
Its actually cfb who has a vendetta against me, it began when I asked in iota slack "PoW on IoT? srsly?", "why no auto-node discovery"? and "why does a coordinator exist if its so secure", back in 2016 december, then he banned me from slack and came here to harass me.  Roll Eyes

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 06:16:51 AM

Its actually cfb who has a vendetta against me, it began when I asked in iota slack "PoW on IoT? srsly?", "why no auto-node discovery"? and "why does a coordinator exist if its so secure", back in 2016 december, then he banned me from slack and came here to harass me.  Roll Eyes

My memory tells me another story.

PS: I answered your question, did you see my reply?
Has the centralized Coordinator been turned off yet? End of July soon.

First of all, Coordinator doesn't lead to centralization, it just protects against 34% attacks. Second, switching it off would mean that IOTA team made a centralized decision. Instead of that every users will be given a choice when to abandon babysitting from Coordinator, this is a truly decentralized approach.
scaryvirus

Activity: 570

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:30:30 PM

https://medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6hc1ss/iota_considered_vulnerable/

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-iota/

also talking about hashing power only of people sending transactions at that time is so absurd it is irrelevant that it even has PoW

there's huge difference between attacking 24/7 hashing power and attacking hashing power of people sending transaction so a significant player w/ 24/7 level of hash would have near zero competition on iota from casual users, so it literally does not matter. Only reason it's not attacked now is because of coordinator making it equivalent to centralized database much like onecoin.

I haven't seen anything positive about IOTA yet that's not obvious shilling. I can see it being great for useless concept of IOT , usually refered to as internet of shit

It's not first quantum proof blockchain, it's not even double spend proof, it's not first without fees either (steem) nor is it fastest (steem/bts)

do a search of quantum resistant blockchains, there's like a 100 that claim to be first.
LocoMB

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:22:19 AM

what, like here:

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-iota/

The IOTA ICO raised 3000 bitcoins in a presale, a remarkable amount of value.

The very FIRST sentence is already wrong. The IOTA ICO raised 1337 Bitcoins.
So how is the rest of an relevance at all, if the idiot writing this can't even get such a mundane factoid straight?
forkedchain

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:49:23 PM

iota raised "only" 1337 BTC, OMG ITS A SCAM THATS NOT ENOUGH FOR GOOD DISTRIBUTION
XTZ raised > 200MUSD, OMG WHAT A SCAM THEY DONT NEED THAT MUCH THEY SHOULD HAVE CAPPED IT AND LIMITED DISTROBUTION

many people in crypto community are idiots.  I guess BTC is a scam, what will all those ill-gotten early BTC with extremely low difficult mining and basically zero competition.  what a shitty scam, amirite?
frostedace

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:32:52 PM

Small group of holders w/ low trading volume, 99.2% of which is traded on a single exchange. Also the "first" quantum resistant chain. It's the investment opportunity of a lifetime, how can you guys not see this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: