Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:23:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA - the scheme is being pumped hard now don't fall for the trap  (Read 41077 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:47:31 PM

IOTA has PoW, yet it can be easily attacked, so much, that you need to have a centralized Coordinator. Why is that, PoW in Iota does not secure it? You cant just add massive amounts of PoW to secure it? But instead rely on 1 special Coordinator? What a baby.

Coordinator protects against 34% attacks, it's not related to anti-spam.

I think you are confusing the way IOTA works with the way Byteball works.

I learned a lot about Byteball during my last testing, I think it's you who confuse that.

If you can attack it, go ahead attack it, your last "attack" which stalled the network for 6h, was due to a bug in the archiving of units, not anything with the consensus algorithm of Byteball or PoW, and because the 12 witnesses are still run my main dev and not other known real world entities.

Then it's a no-brainer for you to bet, for example, 8 BTC. Easy money for you. So?

I bet you there is other flaws and bugs in Byteball, as there is in any software, and in IOTA - but IOTA has a bug which cant be fixed - a conceptual retarded mistake.  Cheesy

I can repeat my attack again and again until all bugs are fixed and then I'll do the attack once again. What do you think of that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:02:30 PM

IOTA has PoW, yet it can be easily attacked, so much, that you need to have a centralized Coordinator. Why is that, PoW in Iota does not secure it? You cant just add massive amounts of PoW to secure it? But instead rely on 1 special Coordinator? What a baby.

Coordinator protects against 34% attacks, it's not related to anti-spam.

I learned a lot about Byteball during my last testing, I think it's you who confuse that.

If you can attack it, go ahead attack it, your last "attack" which stalled the network for 6h, was due to a bug in the archiving of units, not anything with the consensus algorithm of Byteball or PoW, and because the 12 witnesses are still run my main dev and not other known real world entities.

Then it's a no-brainer for you to bet, for example, 8 BTC. Easy money for you. So?

I bet you there is other flaws and bugs in Byteball, as there is in any software, and in IOTA - but IOTA has a bug which cant be fixed - a conceptual retarded mistake.  Cheesy

I can repeat my attack again and again until all bugs are fixed and then I'll do the attack once again. What do you think of that?
Deflect on Byteball all you want, your challenge to a bet only reveals that my statements concerning your latest scam coin IOTA are valid and correct.  Cheesy

Nope, I still wont recommend to anyone in the IoT industry to choose IOTA for anything, but will recommend Byteball as it is the first DAG-based design with no architectural limits on scaling. You can stay butthurt about that.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:07:45 PM

Deflect on Byteball all you want, your challenge to a bet only reveals that my statements concerning your latest scam coin IOTA are valid and correct.  Cheesy

Nope, I still wont recommend to anyone in the IoT industry to choose IOTA for anything, but will recommend Byteball as it is the first DAG-based design with no architectural limits on scaling. You can stay butthurt about that.

I think at this point everyone has seen that you don't believe in your own words. If one day you decide to put your money where your mouth is - I'll be very surprised.  Cheesy
SatoNatomato

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:29:54 PM

I think at this point everyone has seen that you don't believe in your own words. If one day you decide to put your money where your mouth is - I'll be very surprised.  Cheesy
I do believe Byteball is better than IOTA, especially and in particular for IoT.

You have previously lost bets with me and failed to pay up. Until you pay what you owe me, to the address I gave you which begins with 1GBYTE.., no further bets will take place.

Besides anyone can see that you turning this into "me vs you, challenge to bet" is very weak, kindergarden level even, of derailing and avoiding the painful realization, which other readers can see, that IOTA is indeed a big scam and retarded concept.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:32:48 PM

You have previously lost bets with me and failed to pay up.

Of course, you can't find a proof of that.  Cheesy
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:45:12 AM

I hold significant amount of byteball as well as IOTA, both are superior technology but I do believe IOTA has the edge over byteball in terms of overall capabilities.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:37:28 AM

Enriching the already rich. Your fav niche.

Are you a communist? I've got an idea for the 2nd episode of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM36ED544iE&feature=youtu.be  Cheesy

I don't think the definition of a communist is being against the planning of a rigged distribution that ensures the enrichment of a few insiders.

Anyway aside from... that I eagerly await your second episode; since actually you do have a good SOH.

Please PM me a link as you did to the first episode once it is ready.

facenew111

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:48:31 AM

I still cannot see in the future.  

if iot device have 250 billion in 2020. what are related with iot?  
those device need iota coins?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:45:37 PM

Please PM me a link as you did to the first episode once it is ready.

Will do.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:31:44 PM

I still cannot see in the future.  

if iot device have 250 billion in 2020. what are related with iot?  
those device need iota coins?

Brand of the device and the value of connectivity.
No need for blockchain in IOT, "au contraire"... (too energy intensive).
Maybe in 10 years with better computing power and batteries, not even sure.

In the meantime, IOT can live without the blockchain, and needs to, in order to evolve freely
m1bxd

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:18:33 AM

> and because the 12 witnesses are still run my main dev and not other known real world entities.

There are three people at the last count.

I run a UK hub and I could enter as a 4th. Making three public people.

I just haven't got round to it yet.

Here we discuss Iota and not other actual cryptocurrencies. Stay on topic or get out.

My points about retarded iota as concept and weak security stand. Iota, more like Coordinatorcoin for correct name.

We are discussing IOTA. You wrote upthread that Byteball doesn't have PoW implying that Byteball suits IoT while IOTA doesn't suit because of PoW. My counterargument - a system without PoW can be easily attacked. So without PoW Byteball can't work (including in IoT). This is what can be demonstrated once we arrange the bet. How much are you willing to bet?

IOTA idea is dry water, living dead, cold hot, plastic silverware, PoW on IoT.
pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:11:18 AM

Hack4Climate aims to bring together Developers and Climate Experts
in order to build innovative solutions to fight climate change,
IOTA is co-sponsor and partner of the COP 23 Hackathon together with Cleantech21 https://t.co/yZP3CfS9A2
It will be pumped again soon due to this project, it is time to buy iota. Cheesy
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:06:28 PM

IOTA is co-sponsor and partner of the COP 23 Hackathon together with Cleantech21 https://t.co/yZP3CfS9A2
It will be pumped again soon due to this project, it is time to buy iota. Cheesy
Maybe you should read this https://medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:13:42 PM

Maybe you should read this https://medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367

You can also read this, dear Sato

https://blog.iota.org/curl-disclosure-beyond-the-headline-1814048d08ef
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:10:33 PM

You can also read this, dear Sato

https://blog.iota.org/curl-disclosure-beyond-the-headline-1814048d08ef
Just more vomit from David. Nothing of value was said or made in that "rebutal" post. Disgusting.
botija

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:25:13 PM

I'm not that familiar with IOTA other than that insane marketcap. I assumed that it was from one of these ICOs that raised $200,000,000, but you say they only raised 500 BTC. Does look like a scam.

I follow ATMChain, a Chinese ICO that last year raised 135 million dollar.

I was disappointing that it raised that much, but even more so that the company gets to keep half of the tokens. That's $135 million, plus $135 million worth of free tokens. That was last month, and I think it's the reason why the Chinese government made ICOs illegal.

They had to refund all Chinese participants. Hopefully that also means the Chinese companies that invested in it.

But it's not a scam, because the business model is really good. But this IOTA is definitely sounding like a scam, if it has this market cap with only insiders getting into it.

I think zcash as well.
WatchMaker

Activity: 518
Merit: 104

PUFFY FINANCE

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:55:35 PM

I was wondering why how IOTA got huge in a small period of time and keep getting much value.
So, it was pumped by large group of whales, now I see the image Grin

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
botija

Activity: 374

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 09:31:38 PM

I was wondering why how IOTA got huge in a small period of time and keep getting much value.
So, it was pumped by large group of whales, now I see the image Grin

That's probably the case. The image of large whales remind me of my avatar.
Isthistherealife

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:27:38 AM

No Idea how this is holding any price following MIT revelations.

The response has been even more worrying.

Anyone who questions gets banned from Slack. Genuine questions/concerned comments are deleted.
The code was alledgedly 'planted' there by Come from Beyond to prevent code theft/copying - yet IOTA have made a huge song and dance about being open source - being non-profit to encourage corporate intergration.

An 'eco-system fund' that is offers $10,000,000 to get projects involved in the protocol. That security was compromised from the inception this seems rather sinister.

The 'currency' is currently run from a master node in no way decentralized. The wallet is a complete disaster. I have coined a new phrase for Dom's marketing - DUF - distributed unverified favor. information consists solely as leaks, that cannot be discussed ie Volkswagen, Ford, Bosch, Innogy, Cisco, All these names are 'out there' but cannot be discussed..

In his roof top speech he talk's almost delight at being an eBay scammer and blocked from Paypal. This attitude of disdain towards the 1000's or customers and investors that have put substantial money and faith in him has only increased. He does not give one fuck.

Come from Beyond has a murky past with writing back doors into outher projects he has been involved in.

Dom say's that nobody's funds were ever at risk - well why build a back door in the first place. CFB say's it was built to deter copy cat's and was 'impossible' to find without extensive analysis - MIT think differently.

If ever a project needed trust, and transpanecy it is one that foregoes the blockchain and miner verification.

In the best light it looks utterly imcompetent in the worse a failed attempt at a criminal enterprise.

The listing solely on Bitffinex also looks like complete insider trading - Incredible volumes that could only be achieved by an in house 0% commision API.

It's really the biggest disappointment of the summer. I think David S had produced some truely novel and utlitarian code. I believe it was maligned by other actors - the evidence is massive - almost enough for a magazine article. Jeremy Epstine shouts Conspiracy/libel across Medium - Later we learn there is a conspiracy and the MIT researcher is refered to in extremely derogatory terms.

I really, really hope someone can rescue this technology.
Sullivan456

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:52:58 AM

This is way overvalued. Be very careful in speculating this coin.Please Short it! IOTA is only for smart People Cheesy Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: