Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:51:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35054 times)
kupido14

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:30:25 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.
Btc's price can drop anytime soon just like what happen in the past few months it's actually dropping yet it recovered in no time because of the demand and supply. As long as people are not in the state of panic buying btc's price can maintain its value. However, as long as people are interested in bitcoin I think it won't drop easily unless there is a new cryptocurrency that is more advance than bitcoin.

Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 03:29:06 PM

Of course it's possible what's the purpose of the question? It's possible for anything to lose value? Yes, anything and everything can lose value. The fact is that this is something that's simply not going to lose value anytime soon. There's really no question to ask why it could. This is just speculative questions that really do nothing more than waste the time . Obviously if you look at the history of Bitcoin it's not going down anytime soon.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:57:03 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
That would only be happen if the community of bitcoin and users will be gone away. But that won't be happen of course, bitcoin is just only starting the real journey now. Though, price of bitcoin is getting much higher compare 3 months ago isn't?

I don't think that it will ever happen, bitcoin will be there forever along with its high value. There may the ups and downs in the journey of the bitcoins; there will be lot of variations in the value of the bitcoins but at the end bitcoins will be emerged as a winner and it will keep shining at the top level.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 08:45:22 PM

That would only be happen if the community of bitcoin and users will be gone away. But that won't be happen of course, bitcoin is just only starting the real journey now. Though, price of bitcoin is getting much higher compare 3 months ago isn't?

I don't think that it will ever happen, bitcoin will be there forever along with its high value. There may the ups and downs in the journey of the bitcoins; there will be lot of variations in the value of the bitcoins but at the end bitcoins will be emerged as a winner and it will keep shining at the top level.

This news made me panic before hardfork yesterday, although it did not happen, but the possibility of upgrading the system and making bitcoin has no value is a probability that may occur. Perhaps this will always appear in some subsequent hardfork processes and can not be prevented, bitcoin will also lose value if 80% of market attention moves back to fiat or to other altcoins.
Celsiuss

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:15:26 PM

It can in theory, but me and almost every person you ask will tell you that'll never happen. Bitcoin will continue to grow. Even if it has a large dump, it will rise again and be stronger than ever. This is however, just speculation, there is no hard facts on this. But there is no reason for bitcoin to lose its value any time soon.

who cares
Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:41:16 PM

I highly doubt that it will totally lose its value. Now that Bitcoin is growing in all aspects. Its market demand is rising as weel as its market value. For the fact that it is still young which means, it will still grow on the next years to come. More investors are now interested to Bitcoin. Ofcourse there'll be sudden backdrops, but it is part of its volatility. So I think, there's no possibility that Bitcoin will lose its value for the next 5-6 years to come.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:37:20 PM

It can in theory, but me and almost every person you ask will tell you that'll never happen. Bitcoin will continue to grow. Even if it has a large dump, it will rise again and be stronger than ever. This is however, just speculation, there is no hard facts on this. But there is no reason for bitcoin to lose its value any time soon.
Most of us afraid that bitcoin might lose it'value in the future but could not happen. Maybe there is some fluctuation of price in the market may happen because of it's volatility character of bitcoin.
Yes bitcoin is technology, but it is totally different from other technologies created in this world. What happen to bitcoin nowadays is a basis that bitcoin will stay and survive from any attack in order to lose it's value in the future.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 10:56:45 PM

Of course it's possible what's the purpose of the question? It's possible for anything to lose value? Yes, anything and everything can lose value. The fact is that this is something that's simply not going to lose value anytime soon. There's really no question to ask why it could. This is just speculative questions that really do nothing more than waste the time . Obviously if you look at the history of Bitcoin it's not going down anytime soon.
yes there is no doubt that it is possible, but not so easy, because still people are too much interested in bitcoin and therefore they will continue investing money in bitcoin, i am sure that bitcoin will survive for a long long time because still a very little number of people have knowledge about bitcoin while the rest of the do not know anything about bitcoin therefore it will continue increasing from time to time.
Pakboy

Activity: 195

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 11:08:40 PM

If no body wants to buy bitcoins,it would start losing its value.But i don't think that it would happen.Demand for bitcoins is increasing day by day.Mass adoption of bitcoins is taking place.New countries are coming forward to accept bitcoin legally.So no need to worry about that.
I think you are right. The bitcoin will not lose its value because the demand of the people to bitcoin is continuing to increase. I can say that the demand is really a great factor in the price of the bitcoin.

Lumada

Activity: 520

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:37:36 AM

If no body wants to buy bitcoins,it would start losing its value.But i don't think that it would happen.Demand for bitcoins is increasing day by day.Mass adoption of bitcoins is taking place.New countries are coming forward to accept bitcoin legally.So no need to worry about that.
I think you are right. The bitcoin will not lose its value because the demand of the people to bitcoin is continuing to increase. I can say that the demand is really a great factor in the price of the bitcoin.
it will never lose ots value,even split happened it seems nothing. Now it continues increasing and it can sustain the trials that may come for it already gained supporters.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
passivebesiege

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

CTO & Spokesman

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 12:51:23 AM

it will never lose ots value,even split happened it seems nothing. Now it continues increasing and it can sustain the trials that may come for it already gained supporters.

Well, as long as it has many supporters and it has its purpose and continue to innovate bitcoin will be here. But still, a possibility may happen but not that easy.It will take more time for people to religiously support another coin IMHO.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:47:26 AM

i guess it is not possible as the bitcoin price today many of the traders still trades it, and we all know that many countries supporting this coin and no one will stop this bitcoin for sure, that's for sure.
the price of the bitcoin is increasing and it is not possible to make it down because it is increasing in the power as well. We really don’t know what will happen in the future but now it is at the highest of its price and it is not go down for more than 5 or 6 years. If it will go down then it will be a bad surprise because there is a reason for it to happen because bitcoin is already gone so high so it will take a lot of time to get down.

Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:36:32 AM

I agree bitcon will down or die or to lose this value is because  if people dont use this or dissappear .or i think in the future many cryptocurtency will appears and the value is higher than bitcoin so i think many people  move to new and high value.
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:51:11 AM

i guess it is not possible as the bitcoin price today many of the traders still trades it, and we all know that many countries supporting this coin and no one will stop this bitcoin for sure, that's for sure.
the price of the bitcoin is increasing and it is not possible to make it down because it is increasing in the power as well. We really don’t know what will happen in the future but now it is at the highest of its price and it is not go down for more than 5 or 6 years. If it will go down then it will be a bad surprise because there is a reason for it to happen because bitcoin is already gone so high so it will take a lot of time to get down.

bitcoin reach the highest level of price that i ever know and i am very happy to heard it. bitcoin has so huge of users and with all of bitcoin's users they will not do anything if the price of bitcoin will go down (whenever it possible) it means their assets will lose.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:01:24 AM

bitcoin reach the highest level of price that i ever know and i am very happy to heard it. bitcoin has so huge of users and with all of bitcoin's users they will not do anything if the price of bitcoin will go down (whenever it possible) it means their assets will lose.
it will spike more as blockchain technology is spreading around the globe.many mnc company are taking interest in ethereum and bitcoin blockchain framework.price will show some dump but will increase more as it has done in the past.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 06:02:10 AM

Nowadays, bitcoin has become increasing its value. This means there is more demand and more users into bitcoin.  Exactly, we really dont know what might gonna happen in the upcoming years about bitcoin. But one thing I can see and observe for now it will not lose it's value the more users the value will continue to increase.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:47:18 AM

of course, it is not impossible for bitcoin to lose its value, bitcoin is a crypto currency, bitcoin is technology, and some technology could fall and forgotten. If you remember Nokia, you will think that it's technology couldn't fall because almost everyone in this world are using its technology, but what happen ? Nokia fall.
Indeed! To maintain your position in the market you need to keep working hard consistently. With every passing year, you need upgrade your technology to keep people interested in your product. The example of Nokia is valid and same happened to yahoo. But I don’t think so bitcoin team is dumb enough to let others overpower them. They must have learned some good lessons from these brands.
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 08:58:01 AM

Very possible, as it has the tendencies of rising in value so it could also loss its value.
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:33:23 AM

Yes everything that goes up eventually goes down, if someone will successfully hack blockchain then it's the end of bitcoin currency
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 11:22:41 AM

We cant compare bitcoin now with before, community has raised a lot on the last years, big investors around, soo im pretty sure we wont have anything similiar as those cenario that happened with low community and few people with several coins, nowadays the coins are more distributed. Besides those we are into 4000 dollars if it crash to 1000 i wonder how others crypto would be if the king loose such value on the short time, maybe another coin would take bitcoin place, but this would be a huge problem to keep trust into crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: