Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:24:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for the bitcoin to lose it's value ?  (Read 35048 times)
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:15:36 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
Sorry if my post is in the wrong place or it's not relevant.

Bitcoin lost %80 of its value after the GoX crash in late 2013. People panic sold their coins in despair. The price fell from over 1k$ to as low as 200$ in time. The recovery took very long time but those who hold their coins won the jackpot. Even the top buyers made at east %100 profits since then.

Can bitcoin lose its value? Yes. Only for a time.

In the long run, there will be a recovery as always.

The Solution: If you won't be able to deal with the pain of holding bitcoins for long years, only hold the amount you can afford to lose.

I agree and take your advice since I am also new in bitcoin. And also I think that bitcoin can really lose it's value after some time because just like any forms of investments, it all depends on the economic status and most specially the users of which.
Bitcoins are not going to lose their value that soon. Though the digital currencies have volatile nature but that does not mean bitcoins are going to dump hard to 1k dollar again. That’s not possible now. From now onwards even if bitcoins dump, they won’t let holders go panic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:40:53 PM

Very possible, as it has the tendencies of rising in value so it could also loss its value.
Maybe it can lose but not in zero value because there were lots of lost coins and unretrieved wallets with so much coins. So bitcoin will never be in the line of 0 because of that.
Hamstead

Activity: 805
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:41:06 AM

Very possible, as it has the tendencies of rising in value so it could also loss its value.
Maybe it can lose but not in zero value because there were lots of lost coins and unretrieved wallets with so much coins. So bitcoin will never be in the line of 0 because of that.
It is impossible that bitcoin become zero at all, sometimes it happens that prices will goes down but it will back to its normal price. As we know that some big countries are making this kind of currency into legal, it means that bitcoin have a big possibility  that it will spread worldwide and being used as investment. Because they know already that, their will be a big profit in return if they get through it.
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:42:56 AM

Bitcoin can lose its value only as a last resort when a great catastrophe happens and the Internet disappears or another currency appears that will displace it.

bebejhen

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:50:59 AM

No one can tell. But I hope not. I just get started earning in bitcoin and I am enjoying doing this. It really help me a lot in many ways. Maybe it can lower the value but I hope not to lose its value. But whatever happens we should ready ourselves and don't expect too much on it and don't rely yourself on it because we never knew when it will be gone.
HARRYscotter

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:02:09 PM

yes it have fixed number so if you have many people want it it will lost it value or some one hacked  it

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:11:59 PM

i
No one can tell. But I hope not. I just get started earning in bitcoin and I am enjoying doing this. It really help me a lot in many ways. Maybe it can lower the value but I hope not to lose its value. But whatever happens we should ready ourselves and don't expect too much on it and don't rely yourself on it because we never knew when it will be gone.
In our time maybe it will not happent to Bitcoin, because it become more powerfull coming from a downfall, it learn the mistake on what happened that time thats is why it become stronger, and even being recognized to some country as legal currency because of trust.

Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:05:58 PM

If bitcoins and other crypto currencies are not like other similar things, then what exactly are they? The best possible comparison could be with the internet boom and dotcom that occurred in the late 1990s. Just like the internet, crypto currency contains innovation and continues to grow.they are experimenting with how to maintain public data (otherwise known as blockchain) without any party intervention. The Georgian state, for example, uses technology to secure government records. Blockchain is a medium for further experimenting. For example can be seen Ethereum.the media ethereum allows all types of projects ranging from the online marketplace to video games to raise funds by issuing tokens (a tradable personal currency that can be traded and used in the project or ICO). Media such as ICO need to be well maintained. ICO can also invite further innovation in its development.bitcoin enthusiasts hope they will encourage a new era of revival against oligopoly technologies like Facebook and Amazon.
This may look like inviting a dangerous innovation. Investors can lose it all. Falling on one asset can have a domino effect, creating problems with the financial system.but actually in the context of crypto currency, such risks are very small. It's hard to argue if those who buy bitcoin or crypto currency do not realize the risk given the independence of this digital currency system, the spread of the virus could happen.
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:20:10 PM

It might loss its value when uncertain condition happens, perhaps the banning of computer gadget and internet connection imposed by higher authorities ,, It was too exaggerated to say , but what if, it might comes true because using gadgets especially computers spoils our mind to open up another supernatural thinking.. Actually we cannot determined what's happen next.. but's what we can do right now, is that lets enjoy holding it... for we all know there's something precious achievement of earning btc.
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:22:59 PM

Hi , I'm new so basically I still have a lot to learn about the cryptocurrency , but I would like to know if it would be possible for the bitcoin to start the downfall ? I mean like what scenario can happen that the bitcoin would be pushed back like 5-6 years ?
For my own opinion I think it has the possibility that bitcoin will going to lose its value. Bitcoin is a digital currency so if technology will decrease therefore the value of bitcoin will lose and definitely become dead.
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 01:28:50 PM

Bitcoin will never lose its value by default. But if all nation would make a law to stop buying bitcoin, or mine bitcoin. This would surely crash the Bitcoin price from $4500 downto $0. So the answer is yes, Bitcoin may lose its value by force, but by default it will continue to rise while people are continuously buying it.
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:59:54 PM

yes bitcoin may go down below $2000 but look it at positive don't sell but buy more and I think bitcoins will stay in market for forever.

I do agree with you. We all know that bitcoin value every day was changing. Status of bitcoin is not consistent but if it fails, expect that its value soon will be doubled because of its demand. Yes, bitcoin still stay in the market as long as it has the highest value.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:29:34 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin will lose its value. day by day Bitcoin is gaining its value at an increasing rate. now almost 4500 USD against a Bitcoin. so it will be difficult to get back to its price value. if it will happen then Bitcoin will surely lose its credibility. but for the sake of Bitcoin, it should be protected against this price devaluation.
a4ndr3w

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:07:21 PM

Bitcoin will never lose its value by default. But if all nation would make a law to stop buying bitcoin, or mine bitcoin. This would surely crash the Bitcoin price from $4500 downto $0. So the answer is yes, Bitcoin may lose its value by force, but by default it will continue to rise while people are continuously buying it.

Bitcoin can lose the value if a new technology emerges.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:03:59 PM

In our time maybe it will not happent to Bitcoin, because it become more powerfull coming from a downfall, it learn the mistake on what happened that time thats is why it become stronger, and even being recognized to some country as legal currency because of trust.
Bitcoins are now never going to lose their value since many people are now aware of these amazing coins and are really enjoying working with them. Only a numbskull can ignore bitcoins for earning big profits because no other investments offer such profits within short time. Bitcoins are going to increase in value drastically in coming years.
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 02:24:19 PM

Well in my own point of view, bitcoin's price really falls sometimes and increases, no one can really predict if the price will fall or rise. But i think it is really possible that bitcoin will lose it's value, if the government decided to shutdown bitcoin and remove its all site in the internet and i hope that wouldn't happen because everyone's bitcoin wil be gone.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Rojectime

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:17:37 PM

Sure, it is possible that bitcoin and any other forex shed their worth. But for this, one more currency ought to look that will supersede it, until I see worthy and you can properly take pleasure in bitcoin.
buharikx31

Activity: 830
Merit: 258

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:26:58 PM

I think it's possible for any cryptocurrency in the market, because of the volatile changes which have a big impact on each coin. Every crytpocurrency had that moments when it's went up and go to almost zero but every proffessional cryptocurrency holder know that you need to wait and dont sell the coins and keep them

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  
WPPENERGY
World Power Production

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀  

INQUIRE
━━━━━━━
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:51:47 PM

Yes it is possible to bitcoin to lose it's value or probably go back when the price was only $2 everything is posdible with regards to the value of bitcoin because it's very unpredictable

Unpredictable as it is, i don't think it would lose valie that much that it would plunge to even below 2 or 3k now. Everything's possible but he likelihood of bitcoin going all the way down in slim with this many supporters now
Not long ago bitcoin went below 2k so I do not think that is out of the realm of possibility but that is not really important because as we know the price always recovers at the end, just look at the recent news coming from China, while that has affected bitcoin, the effect was not a big as some people thought it will be.
PatronRH

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:18:13 PM

I don't think so, bitcoin won't have a negative croissance  in the future.
In fact, it is illogic because the number of people using bitcoin is in the good way, and the confidence  of people in it is growing day after day.

.GlobeCas.The Turest Entertainment Journey
#Licensed  #Gambling #Experienced Team #All-in-One Platform #Live Streaming #Revulotion
[Website] | [Telegram] | [Whitepaper] | [Facebook] | [Youtube] | [Twitter] | [LinkedIn] | [Medium]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: