Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:43:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274743 times)
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:28:14 AM

Demo Version

I just want to let everyone know that we have enabled a demo version of the bot to which you can refer your friends if they are interested in the bot but not yet committed to purchasing Smiley. You can find the demo bot on the main page: www.butter-bot.com; the demo lets you test drive the full featured bot for a full hour so you can get a hang of the features and running ops.

Please let me know if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi, I tried the demo today. It sold all of my btc in btc-e. But I could not find order history from the bot. Please add this feature in later version.

spikejnz

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:40:35 PM

Thanks for the clarification Pablo.

If you need anything else, please just let me know Smiley.

For V3 we hope to provide alternate strategy modules so that you can run, say, a high frequency bot instead of an EMA bot and take advantage of micro fluctuations instead of trends. We're working hard on making Butter-Bot as versatile as possible Smiley.

Pablo.

I'm very excited about this feature! There have been big improvements in the last few builds, and each build just gets better and better. Thanks!
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 08:40:45 PM

Demo Version

I just want to let everyone know that we have enabled a demo version of the bot to which you can refer your friends if they are interested in the bot but not yet committed to purchasing Smiley. You can find the demo bot on the main page: www.butter-bot.com; the demo lets you test drive the full featured bot for a full hour so you can get a hang of the features and running ops.

Please let me know if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi, I tried the demo today. It sold all of my btc in btc-e. But I could not find order history from the bot. Please add this feature in later version.

Hi LibertyBuck Smiley,
   We are looking into this feature. It has been requested a couple of times and we think it would be interesting; perhaps we can figure something out after we release V2.1 Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
sundaywork

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:51:00 AM

Are you still able to move USD out of MTGOX to other market?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:03:24 PM

Hi Sundaywork Smiley,
    I'm not sure I understand your question. You can move your money in any way a given exchange will allow you; the only impact that has on the bot is on trading funds.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
sundaywork

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:29:06 PM

As now people are not able to get money out of MTGOX due to their suspending of the withdrawing. How can you make arbitrage with out liquidation.

Hi Sundaywork Smiley,
    I'm not sure I understand your question. You can move your money in any way a given exchange will allow you; the only impact that has on the bot is on trading funds.

Pablo.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:39:39 PM

As now people are not able to get money out of MTGOX due to their suspending of the withdrawing. How can you make arbitrage with out liquidation.

Hi Sundaywork Smiley,

Pablo.

Hi Sunday,
   Ok, now I see what you are saying. It's not an arbitrage bot but rather an Exponential Moving Average (EMA) bot so it does not need to withdraw coins from an exchange but rather to be able to trade coins for USD or EUR within the exchange itself Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
sundaywork

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:03:35 AM

Oh I see. So it's just transaction.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:56:20 AM

Oh I see. So it's just transaction.

Yep, you got it Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
kobaya74

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:50:46 AM

I keep receiving emails like this one:
"EMA diff is at -0.006% (1 BTC = 93.552 USD) at btce.

A sell order is imminent!

Your friendly trading bot."

But nothing ever happens. I wonder is it some kind of bug or I dont know to use bot? I use recommended settings Buy 1: 0 Buy 2: 0.25
Sell 1: 0 Sell 2: 0.25 and used 60 and 30 minute time window.
threedrules

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:05:11 AM

its only a notification, its the checkbox next to an order is imminent, i turned that off
kobaya74

Activity: 130

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:50:57 AM

Thx, I see it now. Turned off, it sent me 16 messages yesterday, was so annoying...
spikejnz

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:31:56 PM

I've lost like BTC.5 just in the past few days. Man, these low swings suck! i'm still not sure what to set my buy/sell % at, as I've not seen significant market movement to really test my ideas. Anyone got anything that works well for them?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 03:42:27 PM

I've lost like BTC.5 just in the past few days. Man, these low swings suck! i'm still not sure what to set my buy/sell % at, as I've not seen significant market movement to really test my ideas. Anyone got anything that works well for them?

Hi Spike,
    We will be releasing the back testing engine the first couple of days of September so you can check this out for yourself; but for now, the best long term settings are those we posted before:

Buy: 0, 0.25
Sell: 0, 0.25

EMA is most effective when looked at long term, you can see a discussion of short term and long term results with the same settings above Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 03:45:45 PM

Just as a general FYI:

We will be expanding the trial period from 1 hour to 2 hours based on user feedback. If you run out of time but want to keep testing, feel free to resubmit your email to the website demo interface and you will get a new demo key Smiley.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

Butter-Bot User Manual

Friends,
   We have put together a user manual draft and we are looking for contributions from members on changes you would like to see or improvements that can be made so that new users as well as experienced users can get something out of it.

You can review the unprotected document here: http://docdroid.net/324o

If anyone wants to modify it feel free to do so and just link it on the thread, hero points to anyone who posts a good contribution Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
pbigmoon

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:32:47 AM

Buy order was triggered on btce but it left 0.32284512 in my usd balance.
dresdenreader

Activity: 239

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 03:12:24 PM

Hey Fible,

What kind of a time frame can we expect for being able use bigger intervals like 2h, 6h, 12h and 24h?

Only reason I ask is that I think me and many others who have this bot would like to explore most of the options available to EMA trading.

I know that you have talked about frequency trading and other things like that, but I feel like hitting that before hitting bigger intervals is kind of going against the concept of having an EMA bot, and kind of going against what people have bought from you.

So do you have any approximate timeframe of getting us bigger intervals past 1 hour? And this is backed not just be feature requests but by even Goomboo who has said he now prefers longer intervals than the 1 hour time frame.

I'm just hoping you guys are prioritizing this right behind backtesting since any other major feature instead of longer intervals would just seem like more fluff to me that isn't really necessary to be a full fledged EMA bot.

BTC - 16CCpAqNiuqVNkihfEY3UjDsR5UAFYbiMX
DARK LORD CTHULHU BE PRAISED - OFF - QgdYCLwJAE8CA287xUVi5Zkv6NN9PDaA78
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294383.0
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

Buy order was triggered on btce but it left 0.32284512 in my usd balance.

Hi Smiley,
   This is due to a limitation of the btc-e API. It doesn't allow for doing real market orders, so the bot has to do several limit orders and approach the fiat reserve (or 0 if none is set) incrementally.

Please let me know if you have any other questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 07:04:15 PM

Hey Fible,

What kind of a time frame can we expect for being able use bigger intervals like 2h, 6h, 12h and 24h?

Only reason I ask is that I think me and many others who have this bot would like to explore most of the options available to EMA trading.

I know that you have talked about frequency trading and other things like that, but I feel like hitting that before hitting bigger intervals is kind of going against the concept of having an EMA bot, and kind of going against what people have bought from you.

So do you have any approximate timeframe of getting us bigger intervals past 1 hour? And this is backed not just be feature requests but by even Goomboo who has said he now prefers longer intervals than the 1 hour time frame.

I'm just hoping you guys are prioritizing this right behind backtesting since any other major feature instead of longer intervals would just seem like more fluff to me that isn't really necessary to be a full fledged EMA bot.

Hi Dresden Smiley,
   I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, it's my fault for discussing features without timelines. Alternative strategy modules are planned for the V3 lifecycle a couple of months down the road, I bring those up to get feedback on what people would like to see Smiley.

About the higher time frames; I can guarantee those will be released as described in your post up to a 12h time frame during the first week of September (two weeks from now); we may send Beta's out a bit earlier than that. We are looking into adding 24 hours to complete the cycle but there are technical issues with this that are a bit beyond the scope of my understanding. I can promise you every effort is being made to satisfy the 24 hour request and that all the other ones have already been built in to the new release.

We do our best to satisfy as many customer demands as technically feasible in the shortest time frame possible Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: