Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:25:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 08:31:55 PM

I still don't understand some people. ALL they have done so far is inform of their intentions. They have taken NO money, made NO presales, and haven't scammed ANYONE. What is their possible motivation to 'prove' anything before they even have a single product open for ordering?

Damn, just because BFL happened to be the slowest people in history to deliver on orders does not mean you have the right to act as entitled children.

And the thing is, we didn't even announce our company on this forum. We sent out a press release. We had to start this thread because someone was accusing us of being a scam on the very first day in a different thread. And honestly, less than 5% of the traffic we receive comes from this forum.

I will say that with as much 'pull' as this forum has, and the fact that the majority of customers you might get depends heavily on 'approval' from the bitcoin community I would suggest you purchase Avalon chips as soon as humanly possible. Without the chips and a working prototype of a ASIC miner you WILL have a hard time attracting sales.

Most of the Avalons ordered by people directly (through group buys etc) will go into DYI designs and other projects, and if you do have a lot of traffic outside the forum I would assume the bulk of those potential customers would have interest in only fully assembled miners.

Just my 2 satoshi.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 09:53:27 PM

I still don't understand some people. ALL they have done so far is inform of their intentions. They have taken NO money, made NO presales, and haven't scammed ANYONE. What is their possible motivation to 'prove' anything before they even have a single product open for ordering?

Damn, just because BFL happened to be the slowest people in history to deliver on orders does not mean you have the right to act as entitled children.

And the thing is, we didn't even announce our company on this forum. We sent out a press release. We had to start this thread because someone was accusing us of being a scam on the very first day in a different thread. And honestly, less than 5% of the traffic we receive comes from this forum.

Funny that. I was actually reading this forum for a month(ish) before that. I saw the press release, and the "possible scam" thread within 1/2 hour of each other. I had actually registered to follow the BKKCoins project just a bit before that. Then the "official" thread started up.

The two impressions I've gotten from you have been basically that you and your associates are trying to set up a service that caters to what people like me want, and a certain amount of "holy shit, what did I just step in?" Smiley

I do agree that showing the avalon preorder would ease some of the FUD, but I can also understand being reticent. Since you have not started taking preorders and have to my mind been forthcoming and responsive to most everything, I'm really only waiting to see who gets to market first. Of the projects I consider to be real, I see you having just two competitors. KNC and Steamboat. I suspect Steamboat will beat you to market, but I don't think he's able or honestly inclined to take it as far as you are trying to.

I think you might be wise to hire a pr guy, if it's in your budget, cuz some of these guys are brutal. And their opinion seems to carry quite a bit of weight, even when it's pure bullshit. A PR guy is trained to deal with that.

Just remember that there is no such thing as bad publicity, if you let it roll off ya and actually ARE delivering on your end. Once you bring it to market, the haters will be strangely silent.

With the above in mind, and for those just waiting to denounce ANYONE who shows an ounce of support for a new project, I am not on your side, but I am rooting for you. You have, to my mind, the second best proposed commercial machines, and unlike KNC, I won't have to import my miner from Europe. It's hard enough to do interstate business, let alone international. Plus, by the time you get to market I'll be in Idaho, so I could easily drive down and get them myself. To the US market, even though your specs are middle of the road compared to others who are actively developing ASICS, you have some serious advantages if you can pull this off. And if you are even close to on schedule, you'll pull in some serious coin.

Cheers, good luck, and I wish I was where you are instead of where I am.
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 10:36:37 PM

Let me add my opinion. There's is totaly nothing, that we customers should care about. They do not take any money in preorders and they just anounce that they will build the machines. That's it! What this mean for us?

It means they can post whatever they want, whenever they want. Everything that we hope to see and also that we want to see and any evidence that we want, everything is expectation of every (you) individual. So if you're not satisfied with the given information, you just may be on the wrong place. As this is how do you live your life.

They do not request that we do research on them, they do not want any kind of predictions, while every single person can came up with conspiracy theory. They will do what will, and IMHO, we can do the best for them, if we don't create any pressure.

I know that out of social status of people, there will be allways someone who will have something against a new company. Not because of lack of information in the building of company, at the beginning, but because of himself.

However, I can only say that TerraHash is one of the companies, that have allready put a lot more effort, among all of the companies, that are allready announcing of building a miner or just a working PCB with Avalon chips. Well, if there's still open position for a free 18GH/s unit, discussed above, I am in. I promise I won't change my thoughts, since I have no expectations! Wink

Sorry for my English!
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 01:52:01 AM

Don't let the douche that wanted free gear to cloud your judgement.

Terrahash wishes to earn our business.
We are supposed to trust folks that can not find it worthwhile to answer some rather benign questions about the business?

Millions of Terrahashes per day are at stake.

They claim to have an Avalon chip order in direct.
That claim is how old, a month? Longer?

What if they do NOT have one?
How many weeks behind would they be?
How many weeks behind are potential miners purchased through TERRAHASH?
(if they happen to be less than honest)

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:02:08 AM

When the chips get shipped, it will be obviously who is blowing smoke and who has hashing miners.  Everyone and their dog will be releasing video of their chips and their assembly process.

I think it is a bit early to get worried.
puffpuffpass

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:06:55 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2013, 04:20:30 AM by puffpuffpass

It was a setup. You could have at least replied and said that it is not doable, but now we know you are unprofessional. See, I like playing these games with companies to see for myself how they react, and now I know for sure I don't want get my friends involved who could have split the cost with me because they are very interested in mining.  Cool

Lol, it's truly sad that you would even go as far as scapegoating me of all people, to prove a point. That says a whole lot about you. I'm really one of the least relevant people to ever post on these forums. You have made a huge joke of yourself.

By the way, the proper way to "not honor" a request is to politely reject it, rather than be like BFL and not respond. See you need to be like KnC and take your scams to the next level, and hire someone to dedicate their time to responses. The scam game is evolving dude, you're falling behind, taking cheap shots like you do will not keep you afloat.

I invite everyone to clearly read through all my posts. You will soon discover I am more than what I appear to be at the surface in a single thread. I am Bitcoins psychological warfare horse, and I do it for non-profit.

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
puffpuffpass

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 04:22:26 AM

When the chips get shipped, it will be obviously who is blowing smoke and who has hashing miners.  Everyone and their dog will be releasing video of their chips and their assembly process.

I think it is a bit early to get worried.

Worry and skepticism are not the same.

puffpuffpass

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:11:20 AM

No shit sherlock, most traffic is direct type-ins of your URL just like it is with every website on the internet. You're a genius.

TheSwede75

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:16:19 PM

No shit sherlock, most traffic is direct type-ins of your URL just like it is with every website on the internet. You're a genius.

"most traffic is direct type-ins of your URL just like it is with every website on the internet" ??
Pretty sure you just outed yourself as someone who knows pretty much nothing.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:23:39 PM

Keeping an eye on this project. I'd like to be one of the first to take delivery of a 180GHs beast.

Cautiously optimistic.
2017orso

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:35:50 PM

Terrahash, I am excited about the potential of this project but at this stage of course simply neutral as you are still in early stages.

If legitimate, consider simply ignoring the negativity and let the progress speak for itself as your project materializes.

Looking forward to this project possibly coming to fruition.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 06:46:13 PM

It was a setup. You could have at least replied and said that it is not doable, but now we know you are unprofessional. See, I like playing these games with companies to see for myself how they react, and now I know for sure I don't want get my friends involved who could have split the cost with me because they are very interested in mining.  Cool

Lol, it's truly sad that you would even go as far as scapegoating me of all people, to prove a point. That says a whole lot about you. I'm really one of the least relevant people to ever post on these forums. You have made a huge joke of yourself.

By the way, the proper way to "not honor" a request is to politely reject it, rather than be like BFL and not respond. See you need to be like KnC and take your scams to the next level, and hire someone to dedicate their time to responses. The scam game is evolving dude, you're falling behind, taking cheap shots like you do will not keep you afloat.

I invite everyone to clearly read through all my posts. You will soon discover I am more than what I appear to be at the surface in a single thread. I am Bitcoins psychological warfare horse, and I do it for non-profit.

Dude in all fairness, after what's just been seen of your behaviour in this thread, have some humility and don't try to justify your actions which speak volumes.

As for Terrahash, whilst you're not requesting funds you cannot be branded a scam. Prove a working design and you'll have all the custom you can handle. I don't see why anyone should have an issue here so far. All they've done is state their intention and ready their site and back-end for future sales and create some awareness in a forum. Which is all they can do in the interim.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 07:41:16 PM

So because they pointed out that you were screwing around with them, that's scapegoating?  I don't think so..  I don't even see how they reacted unreasonably.

If a person comes in here smooth talking and has a beautiful webpage, that doesn't mean much.  If a person comes in here, a bit clumsy with some details, not great at PR...  that doesn't mean much either.  What will be meaningful is who shows product and when respectable forum members start talking about their working miners.

Warning people is great, I'm glad you're around to do that... but you're bringing the same accusations time and again.  Please don't harass people until they deserve it.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
docjunior

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 08:48:35 PM

From my point of view, it looks like terrahash have done nothing wrong except getting themselves involved in a bit of a flame war. Announcing plans of building hashing gear according to the Klondike design, nothing wrong with that. Not even taking preorders, I really don't see how that would qualify as scamming. People in this forum seem pretty high strung sometimes...
I'm following this project with interest, and if they are telling the truth regarding chip orders and suggested prices for their products, I believe they might be offering one of the most profitable mining solutions out there. Of course we are all waiting for a finished product :-) When it's there, I'm hoping to be standing near the front of the line.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:53:42 PM

Agreed with docjunior, following this with great interest and if they have a viable product, I'm hoping that Terrahash has an equitable way of accepting orders that rewards those who started watching them early-on.   : )   There's plenty of room for growth in the ASIC market and I have to give them credit for not accepting pre-orders until they at least have a functioning product.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:09:37 PM

Kushedout, disappointed at puffpuffpass  Embarrassed

As far as TarraHash, I am watching closely as they are the most convenient option for me.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:20:32 PM

Kushedout, disappointed at puffpuffpass  Embarrassed

As far as TarraHash, I am watching closely as they are the most convenient option for me.

I'll never be Kushed out! Pass dat shit!  Grin
puffpuffpass

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:44:50 AM

Dude in all fairness, after what's just been seen of your behaviour in this thread, have some humility and don't try to justify your actions which speak volumes.

As for Terrahash, whilst you're not requesting funds you cannot be branded a scam. Prove a working design and you'll have all the custom you can handle. I don't see why anyone should have an issue here so far. All they've done is state their intention and ready their site and back-end for future sales and create some awareness in a forum. Which is all they can do in the interim.

there's nothing fair about anything anyone posts on this website. you pick and choose facts you like to believe and 100% of the time it's within your own agenda.

you think I'm here to do anything for any of you? what the fuck are you smoking? I'm here for myself and you can choose to take notes or you can play the scapegoat game.

TheSwede75

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:19:20 AM

there's nothing fair about anything anyone posts on this website. you pick and choose facts you like to believe and 100% of the time it's within your own agenda.

you think I'm here to do anything for any of you? what the fuck are you smoking? I'm here for myself and you can choose to take notes or you can play the scapegoat game.

You can probably consider your 'contribution' to this thread done by now. It's fairly apparent that no one feels that you are contributing to the discussion in a useful way.
puffpuffpass

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:22:03 AM

You can probably consider your 'contribution' to this thread done by now. It's fairly apparent that no one feels that you are contributing to the discussion in a useful way.

I guess that's up to me at the end of the day, isn't it? I don't need you to do my thinking and decision making for me, like your mother did for you when you were growing up. LOL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: