Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:28:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
bearsworth

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:28:02 AM

I called them on the phone today. Seemed very optimistic.

The chip thing is really no big deal. They have ordered enough chips to finish all orders. by the time they have the first batch shipped the new chips will already be there. Shouldn't be that much of a delay. Said my order would probably be in the first batch and I have a higher number than most. Grin 

what is your order number ?

From the order list:
760 (justmyname - 640 chips) (ordered around 09:30AM PST)

This good news

That's great news! I think that means I got all first batch Cheesy.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justmyname

Activity: 389

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:31:29 AM

The chip thing is really no big deal. They have ordered enough chips to finish all orders. by the time they have the first batch shipped the new chips will already be there. Shouldn't be that much of a delay. Said my order would probably be in the first batch and I have a higher number than most. Grin  

Lets not speculate on order numbers.  Their could be other factors like Date Registered on their site. Cancelled orders. No Pays.  Etc.   
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 03:45:58 AM

His competitors are numerous, and my competitors, as well as your competitors are each and everyone that ordered one of these and any other ASIC. The best way to make money in that is not to participate in the arms race, but to sell and resell the arms.

Thanks for that and BG I was not trying to pick on you specifically, just stating my opinion on the idea in general.  That's still allowed, right?  Grin  Spend your money however you want.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:31:04 AM

Just ordered additional 20,000 chips from Avalon. Orders that would not be covered by the first batch, would certainly be covered by these chips.

BitSyncom is going to get the chips produced in bulk from the foundry. We believe that all the orders will be shipped by Avalon in close proximity to each other. So, hopefully, the chips ordered today will be shipped at most a week or two after the ships we ordered on May 10 and 16. In that case, our batch 2 orders will start shipping at most 2 weeks after the batch 1.

Can you please post what will be batch one and batch 2? I am >1000 so i know at least batch 2.... im just worried if in batch 3.
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 04:52:11 AM

Just ordered additional 20,000 chips from Avalon. Orders that would not be covered by the first batch, would certainly be covered by these chips.

BitSyncom is going to get the chips produced in bulk from the foundry. We believe that all the orders will be shipped by Avalon in close proximity to each other. So, hopefully, the chips ordered today will be shipped at most a week or two after the ships we ordered on May 10 and 16. In that case, our batch 2 orders will start shipping at most 2 weeks after the batch 1.

You know that there are close to a million chips already ordered, don't you?  Here is the address where Avalon is holding the BTC

https://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU

Do the math yourself on number of chips in 76,000 BTC.

The order placed today will ship at most a week or two after the ships we ordered on May 10 and 16?  That's some seriously fast production.
cloudhasher

Activity: 280

Taking bitcoin mining to everybody

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:26:06 AM

This is clearly not what we discussed. Terrahash contact us ASAP.

CH
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:28:15 AM

No more drama please....  god dammit.
duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:43:52 AM

I was feeling great until I read this.  Complete speculation but it sounds like Cloudhasher doesn't want a refund after all, just the chips.  I hope Terrahash doesn't do it.  Just cancel their order and give them a refund.

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:49:21 AM

Cloudhashing "clearly" knows the toll free number and/or email to Terrahash,  Ask yourself why this post is er, um, posted.  Sheesh.
coinsquirrel

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:53:24 AM

I (among others) will be very disappointed if that order is pushed back an extra month or more on top of a 2 month initial wait.  All just because one person wasn't comfortable taking the risk on the hardware that he bought for himself.  If you can't take the risk, you probably shouldn't order in the first place.  Waiting to sell the actual machine (in hand) is a different story, as you are mitigating risk for the buyer (who gets the hardware directly after buying) and yourself (by recovering cost+ on the order), rather than passing 100+% of the risk on to someone who didn't have it together when pre-orders opened in the first place.  For instance, I can't afford a full Large DX so I didn't order one.... but I could have put it on a CC and immediately re-sold the order for a profit.  That wouldn't have been right IMHO, so I didn't do it.

You do realize that Terrahash  doesn't have "actual machine in hand" (as you put it), and you are completely mitigating their risk for their chip order, right? So you have no qualms about Terrahash selling a preorder for something they don't yet have, but you're kicking and screaming when someone else tries to pull the same thing? ::palmface::

Let's get something straight here. No one is pushing anyone's order back. Terrahash was very clear at the beginning that orders would start being placed at 9AM Pacific. Your spot in line is where it is, and the only reason there are orders in front of you is because you were slow to the punch. Seriously, if someone managed to place 10 separate orders before you, are you really surprised you weren't fast enough to get into the first batch?
coinsquirrel

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:01:54 AM

Isn't it though?

I'm disappointed that Terrahash is going to a preorder scheme when we have no manufacturing timeline, no way to guarantee a timeline would be adhered to, and still no details of (e.g.) their Avalon bulk order. I also find it odd that this reversal came so suddenly.

Also, while I'm glad they will accept PayPal, if preorders are far enough in advance of projected delivery, that may hinder our ability to obtain refunds (through PayPal) should Terrahash disappear or miss a delivery target.

We have received a request for orders that far exceeds the amount of Avalon chips that we have already ordered. The money raised from pre-orders will be used to order more Avalon chips, to ensure a constant supply of our products.
dob312

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:06:14 AM

From the order list:
760 (justmyname - 640 chips) (ordered around 09:30AM PST)

This good news

That's great news! I think that means I got all first batch Cheesy.

I have a 6xx order #
10 module TerraHash DX Large
Wire transfer - unpaid...

PM if interested
coinsquirrel

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:08:47 AM

they are fucking ametures and are now hidding
 I don't agree necessarily about the hiding part.  Maybe amateurs, but amateurs with a working prototype and design.  More than I can say for BFL when they took in money.  They took in money with an idea and a few resources and built their platform from scratch; hence why it took nearly a year to deliver the product.

Where is this working prototype you speak of? Seems that Terrahash would also like to get a look at this working prototype, since they've clearly never seen it before:

Terrahash:

Seems like there are still a lot of outstanding issues/questions:
Perhaps I can summarize them and you can answer them all in one message?

1. Are you providing heatsinks on the finished boards?
2. if not can you provide measurements for a heatsink that would cover 4 chips on the K16?
3. Are you still planning to start pre-orders tomorrow without a working prototype?
4. Are you still planning to provide a copy of your chip order today as you mentioned?
5. When do you expect to have a working protoype to show mining?  K16 and K64?

1. Yes, the boards will come with heatsinks.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Within 2 weeks. K64 is nothing but 4 K16s on the same board, daisy chained together.
gbx

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:01:37 AM

I don't agree necessarily about the hiding part.  Maybe amateurs, but amateurs with a working prototype and design.  More than I can say for BFL when they took in money.  They took in money with an idea and a few resources and built their platform from scratch; hence why it took nearly a year to deliver the product.

Where is this working prototype you speak of? Seems that Terrahash would also like to get a look at this working prototype, since they've clearly never seen it before:

Terrahash:

2. if not can you provide measurements for a heatsink that would cover 4 chips on the K16?
3. Are you still planning to start pre-orders tomorrow without a working prototype?
4. Are you still planning to provide a copy of your chip order today as you mentioned?
5. When do you expect to have a working protoype to show mining?  K16 and K64?

3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. Within 2 weeks. K64 is nothing but 4 K16s on the same board, daisy chained together.

Tell me if I read this wrong...

https://terrahash.com/terrahash-assembles-the-first-klondike-16-board-for-testing/

coinsquirrel

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 08:44:56 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2013, 09:15:00 AM by coinsquirrel

Terrahash:

5. When do you expect to have a working protoype to show mining?  K16 and K64?

3. Yes.
4. Yes.

Tell me if I read this wrong...

https://terrahash.com/terrahash-assembles-the-first-klondike-16-board-for-testing/

You jumped the gun a bit when you assumed that this is a working board. All they have done is assembled a K16 prototype and mounted the avalon chips. The board itself still needs to be tested, and is still completely useless without firmware and drivers (not to mention the missing power connectors and capacitor). By Terrahash's own comments, they need ~ 2 weeks to get a working prototype.
Frizi

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:26:40 AM

BitSyncom is certainly ready for these orders Smiley
http://imgur.com/a/fqpME
The bad thing is, difficulty will raise again.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:29:28 AM

Dude that's an assembly line for individual Avalon unit manufacture, Yifu hasn't gone out and purchased his own semiconductor foundry, that would be nuts!!!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Frizi

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:41:34 AM

Dude that's an assembly line for individual Avalon unit manufacture, Yifu hasn't gone out and purchased his own semiconductor foundry, that would be nuts!!!

Yeah I know, but if they are still doing the production of their own modules, they need a lot of these chips. That is, they must have good and stable source of them (or their own production line).
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 10:47:27 AM

Yeah I know, but if they are still doing the production of their own modules, they need a lot of these chips. That is, they must have good and stable source of them (or their own production line).

Exact same as they expect their customers to do. They have to order a volume batch themselves; either 100,000s or 1,000,000. May even be less as NRE is complete and the foundry will have the order on file, but it's unlikely to be per 10k...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Igor_Rast

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 11:30:42 AM

Its better to mis a shot , then to not shoot at all Tongue

Hi , So also reading in for some time now ,

thinking hard about ordering about 8 of the K-16 modules from terrahash . But I will still need a controller for it

A raspberry Pi can do the work quite nice like i see on the form

But to build it myself is more of a ting of mine , I have some experiance with a parallax propeller , wich is a 32bit , 8core microcontroller .
attached to it , it a Wiznet W5200 TCP/IP stack that handels all the networking , A server  ,DHCP , webpage hosting , and controlling tru the wiznet all proven

So Id like to see how that works out to build a board , that connects strait to the Klondike Master , and then to a network connection
tru a normal brouwser you sould be able to configure and monitor things , (  HTML5 based so works on almost all devices )

Could be a verry nice solution to works as Host , making it even simpler to setup and run thos klondikes , just not sure it thats all possible yet. but that doesnt stop me :p
Programming a Pi and the neccecary programs can be tricky :p

So bring it on

And o yea , I will be wanting to buy a batch 1 klondike K-16 miner , or maybe 2 . if I can get enough money asside my already too late still tinking about it order for 8 x K-16.
But 2 to start the programming and debugging must be there ASAP so I will need some HELPPPP

Igor

and its going to be opensource so everybody can join and see
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: