Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:20:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 15361 times)
agatha818

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:38:19 PM

well, i keep investing on bitcoin because i believe it will help me, i would like to retire early because work is stressing me out, i keep investing for my early retirement.
cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:07:06 PM

You have just stated one of the main problems of bitcoin which is causing it to not go mainstream. Right now we see  bitcoin, not as a form of Internet cash, but more of a form of Internet gold or an investment option.

I would still recommend investing in bitcoin since it does seem super promising and it has the  potential to become mainstream, we just need to fix our congested block chain. Just right now, it doesn't look like people use it in real life.

CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 11:39:17 PM

Compared to traditional fee's when moving LARGE amounts of fiat/other assets, it's still by far the cheapest. Buying a coffee with bitcoin may not make sense for a while or in time an intermediary service(s) will pop up to handle small transactions without ppl knowing what/how the backend works (perhaps a float and a much faster coin as the processor in the meantime or something).

PETES

Activity: 456

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:38:56 AM

well, i keep investing on bitcoin because i believe it will help me, i would like to retire early because work is stressing me out, i keep investing for my early retirement.

Thats good and Im planning that also. Save now so you can retire to your job that full of toxic.
I'd like to work without boss, no pressure, no hassle and no traffic. How pretty is that.
So now invest and save is my priority.
nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:57:12 AM

Thats good and Im planning that also. Save now so you can retire to your job that full of toxic.
I'd like to work without boss, no pressure, no hassle and no traffic. How pretty is that.
Yes bitcoin offers great opportunity that anyone can afford and it also offers a job while at home even you are a student and this is very helpful for everyone
Napole0n

Activity: 579
Merit: 309

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:40:22 AM

Because this is the era of changes in the payment system, which previously used paper money will switch to a better and sophisticated network blockchain system.
Tuyul Gupies

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:43:03 AM

Well there is a wide speculation that the price of bitcoin will rise in fees years to come prompting me to keep holding little by little, we are all aware of the price few years a go people who held their bitcoin had made tremendous profits. Investing in bitcoin is indeed straight investment without any middle men involved.

I am still doing a small investment, I just do it because I want to know how much profit I will get from this small investment, if up to 75% or 100%. Indeed a few years ago his profits are big enough but I do not know what is right now.
zoelhack

Activity: 165

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 02:56:11 AM

I will do bitcoin investing, with investing I will get big profits, just look a few years ago those who invest profits are also good, especially now that bitcoin prices continue to rise like a towering tree.
ximply

Activity: 350
Merit: 170

I do crypto TRADING

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 03:20:40 AM

Every time i see bitcoin price going up, that motivates me to keep on investing for i see good future with bitcoin. Price now broke the $3000 level
DIAH PERMATASARI

Activity: 246

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:36:10 AM

I have no reason anymore, bitcoin is famous now so bitcoin is great for investing now if you want to have a future.
Do not be afraid to invest long term or short because it has low transaction costs.
espante

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

Well I have had all my transactions in the last few days confirmed with 1 sat/byte fees, so I think fees are no longer a relevant reason not to invest. Once segwit locks in over the next few weeks I can only see the transaction fees going lower, perhaps even to the point blocks are never full.

Now is a great time to invest.
ninche

Activity: 610
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:38:50 AM

mystic future of btc makes me worry sometimes
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:20:00 AM

Yes bitcoin offers great opportunity that anyone can afford and it also offers a job while at home even you are a student and this is very helpful for everyone

Even student can earn bitcoin to add allowance and at the same time can help their family because the income from it is not the same having a job in real state. The extra amount can be use to trade and invest for more profit and can save for the future.

affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:32:19 AM

In terms of what makes you worry for investing in bitcoin? Is it because of fear the price drops, or maybe fear your bitcoin will be lost due to hacked?
iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:04:22 AM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

considered that the fee is like a tax. not just quite huge value to you that $3 fee for a long term investment. meanwhile your btc ( you would like to invest ) are getting more profitable now and then, think about it, every day the value of btc is going up unlike the value back then 8 yrs ago. it is has a higher potential that how much you invest for the next 2-3 years gain to be double or triple. in the end i think you will be rich after that years you decided to invest in it. and the $3 fees youve concern. you didnt know you ignore it.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:45:38 AM

Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I completely agree with you on this point, Bitcoin should be considered as a fixed deposit like Gold. it should not be used for our daily purposes.
but Bitcoin should not be used in the purpose of shopping purposes. because it is a profitable and valuable saving tool. so it should be reserved for the future purpose.
PhilPrime

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:51:22 AM

Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I completely agree with you on this point, Bitcoin should be considered as a fixed deposit like Gold. it should not be used for our daily purposes.
but Bitcoin should not be used in the purpose of shopping purposes. because it is a profitable and valuable saving tool. so it should be reserved for the future purpose.

it's way better for saving and for investing purposes. Saving since its capable to increase our sacings when it pumps and unvesting for us to have potential tokens that we can get benefit if we have one for their project.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:56:12 AM

That was the main issue "HIGH FEES". But i think it will be solved sooner so its not to worry. Even if restaurants start accepting bitcoins, they will find some way to recieve and send bitcoins without any fees. Some wallet to wallet transactions doesn't require fees like localbitcoin to localbitcoin wallet. It send the transaction without any fees. I hope restaurants will find something like this for better use.
The problem with buying something in the physical world are not the fees but the confirmation time, on average is going to take 10 minutes to confirm your transaction if you send a good fee, but ten minutes is an eternity in the physical world and that needs to be solved.
Inkdatar

Activity: 1582
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:10:52 AM

In terms of what makes you worry for investing in bitcoin? Is it because of fear the price drops, or maybe fear your bitcoin will be lost due to hacked?
All investment has its own risks, in bitcoin you have to overcome your fears. For the reasons if you invest today even the price is expensive in the future you can earn profit. This is the reasons why I keep investing in bitcoin due to its advantages offer to the users. So I use bitcoin for savings and to earned profit.
Olivious

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:18:50 AM

Just invest your money, when segwit activated the fees will likely go down.
Everytime is the best time to invest in bitcoin.
But when the dip happen that is more wise to invest.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: