Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:26:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The reason that keeps me from investing in bitcoin  (Read 15366 times)
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:54:53 PM

2 years ago my mate invested 10k gbp into an option trading programme. they lost it for him in 6 months. i told him to buy bitcoin. if he had and held it till now he would have had 135k.

you live and learn. i certainly have
that's a good example of what can happen if you just trust this investment your money can be more than what you think but for those
who doesn't understand it yet they are still in doubt that this system will last and no one knows the only thing i know right now is that
its really generate profits.
Markley

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:23:04 PM

the lightning network should help with small transactions. move the transactions off the chain and only add them as a batch

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:37:16 PM

I want to invest in bitcoin because it's a chance to make money, not the usual currency I use. In the future it can be widely distributed and used as a traditional currency. I will catch up with the time ..

I keep investing in bitcoin because aside from its use for convenient transaction,  the value of it is flactuating that could result for you to have more profit. Keeping bitcoin for a long time and buy some when its in low price. Making more money to save for future purpose and financial support as well for today.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 09:41:45 PM

You must be fearless now everything is fixed now Smiley

Here is a post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0 it will define you everything very clearly.

P.S: One thing keeps me from investing in Bitcoin that I cannot afford to lose what If I invest and price goes down? Sad

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:15:30 PM

I keep investing in Btc because it is rising insanely.
For example, last wednesday I had 7$, today I checked, I found them around 9.5$ .
In addition I am working as a freelancer and it is a good source of money.
djuvantebit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Be a part of the revolution

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 10:48:19 PM

Hello everybody.

I would like to invest some money in bitcoin, I don't use that money and I don't need it for the next 2/3 years.
I thought I found in bitcoin the perfect way to invest. BUT when I see the fees applied I don't see how the bitcoin will become mainstream! The fees are around 1mBTC which is approximatively 3$. Therefore what is the point of bitcoin?

The only thing I see : big amount transaction

But bitcoin won't be the money you use to buy your sandwich with those fees!

I saw a post saying: yeah burger king is willing to accept bitcoin in russia. Hopefully mcdonald will follow ! But why would someone pay 3$ fee therefore a third of his burger king menu in fee?

Will segwit may lower the fees?

Thank you Smiley

That is a very important question for me, bitcoin is more valuable as a safe haven to store up value through time rather than for day to day grocery spending.   

Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:11:49 PM

Bitcoin is like gold. You wouldn't walk around with blocks of gold to pay buy your sandwich with, you invest and let it sit. Spend all your FIAT currency for sandwich's  Tongue

Campaign Manager (2018)
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:40:23 PM

It's fear. Fear has a massive grip on people. Your body has fear to protect itself but your mind over exaggerates then risk very often.
A negative mindset for example can be very destructive.

Fear keeps people from being successful and only those of us who push through our fears have any hope on success in what we do.

ramsdaj28

Activity: 420
Merit: 256

اللعنة

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 11:51:01 PM

My reason for investing in bitcoin is that its price is so flexible and you can monitor the change of its price. You can pull out your money anytime you want and it would be easier for you to manage your money online. This is why a lot of investors are clinging on bitcoin -- they would profit huge amount from it esp. that its price is rising up so fast.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:30:48 AM

For example, last wednesday I had 7$, today I checked, I found them around 9.5$ .

The average trend data for bitcoin is always up so it will give more confident to all investor and bitcoin followers to invest. But still we need to always reconsider the risk specially thru bitcoin investment. Suggest signature campaign is the safest but need hardwork.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:47:20 AM

It's fear. Fear has a massive grip on people. Your body has fear to protect itself but your mind over exaggerates then risk very often.

Fear keeps people from being successful and only those of us who push through our fears have any hope on success in what we do.

Ya my advice is don't get panic. In bitcoin you will earn a lot in couple of days. To inverse in bitcoin you must have Guts.Only the people having a Guts like me will inverse in bitcoin. No one who had a fear don't get into bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for the Brave people. This is not a place for Fearing and shivering people. If you have a Guts means inverse in bitcoin.
flyingcat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:12:46 AM

The average trend data for bitcoin is always up so it will give more confident to all investor and bitcoin followers to invest. But still we need to always reconsider the risk specially thru bitcoin investment. Suggest signature campaign is the safest but need hardwork.
If you think trading not need hardwork like signature campaign, maybe you wrong because every day, you need learning more knowledge, expericence about trading, marker and cryptocurrency, then practice and improve your skills. Grin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:20:46 AM

If you think trading not need hardwork like signature campaign, maybe you wrong because every day, you need learning more knowledge, expericence about trading, marker and cryptocurrency, then practice and improve your skills. Grin

Trading is more complicated that just a signature campaign. In trading you need vast knowledge and you have a lot of experience to be able to lessen your risk or your lost. So trading needs a lot of hardwork and time on your side. We don't even need to compare them both. Well if you are not going to invest in bitcoin, the OP has lost a lot of opportunity to earn really because with the current uptrend with few minor corrections at the side, bitcoin can really be a good investment specially for longer terms.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Blamsud

Activity: 503

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:24:30 AM

Ya my advice is don't get panic. In bitcoin you will earn a lot in couple of days. To inverse in bitcoin you must have Guts.Only the people having a Guts like me will inverse in bitcoin. No one who had a fear don't get into bitcoin. Bitcoin is only for the Brave people. This is not a place for Fearing and shivering people. If you have a Guts means inverse in bitcoin.

When we panic we will know later what were losing. If btc dumps soon it will pump. That's a cycle we just need to wait when it will happen and grab the chance once it's there.
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:36:47 AM

Bitcoin is no more suitable to use as a currency.In earlier years of bitcoin,people used it to buy products and to pay for services.But now with such huge increase in price,now no body is willing to spend bitcoins for just buying any thing which could be easily bought with fiat money.They don't want to loose an earning opportunity with bitcoins.They instead treat it as a valuable investment which could give them huge returns in future.Even after the much expected segwit activation,nothing has changed enough.The miners still wish to play their own game by confirming only the transactions with higher fee.Coming to your point,you have decided to invest your money for two to three years.For that,bitcoin is he ultimate choice.So you have no need to worry about high transaction fee.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:43:26 AM

When we panic we will know later what were losing. If btc dumps soon it will pump. That's a cycle we just need to wait when it will happen and grab the chance once it's there.
I understand your mean, if have flash crash on market, not only Bitcoin, Altcoin price will recovery soon but how to know when time is lowest price very difficult. Need improve control our emotion and skills trading can solve any situation on market.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:49:30 AM

Bitcoin is no more suitable to use as a currency.In earlier years of bitcoin,people used it to buy products and to pay for services.But now with such huge increase in price,now no body is willing to spend bitcoins for just buying any thing which could be easily bought with fiat money.They don't want to loose an earning opportunity with bitcoins.They instead treat it as a valuable investment which could give them huge returns in future.Even after the much expected segwit activation,nothing has changed enough.The miners still wish to play their own game by confirming only the transactions with higher fee.Coming to your point,you have decided to invest your money for two to three years.For that,bitcoin is he ultimate choice.So you have no need to worry about high transaction fee.

I believe bitcoin is still suitable to use as a currency.  It was created to do such function and it is really doing it right now.  Though due to the wild fluctuation and the possibility of price surge, it was used as a store of value since it gives us a possibility to increase the value of our holdings in term of dollar.  This is also one of the reason why I keep myself on investing in bitcoin.
BCTalkaccountforsale

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 05:53:24 AM

Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I also think that my friend also wants to invest in bitcoin and keep them to reserve but bitcoin reserves are not like gold reserves because bitcoin reserves will get more profit as bitcoins are growing and I think Storage of bitcoin is a right thing to do.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:47:11 AM

Bitcoin is actually more suited to be an investment rather than a day to day currency. I still suggest you to buy some and hold them instead of using them, and treat them as 'gold'.

If services like fast food restaurants decides to use Bitcoin as a payment method, maybe they can come out with a method that allows for no fees between accounts, but this is just a suggestion.

Existing methods including Bitcoinpay, but it still charges a fee of 0.8%, not completely free. Undecided
I also think that my friend also wants to invest in bitcoin and keep them to reserve but bitcoin reserves are not like gold reserves because bitcoin reserves will get more profit as bitcoins are growing and I think Storage of bitcoin is a right thing to do.
If your friend wants to invest in bitcoin the just tell him that he is approaching the best investment so far because bitcoin is keep rising and it is faster than the gold and because of it, it is very attractive for most of the investors and if he want to secure his investment in bitcoin or other coins then he can print paper wallet or buy a hardware wallet.
mevmike

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 07:05:49 AM

The reason why i am now investing in bitcoin:
FUTURE
that is my answer...
i know one day bitcoin will be totally accepted worldwide..
when that day comes imagine how much would a single bitcoin cost...
so for me why would i still wait for that day to come....
why not invest now when i still can,  and not wait until it get so expensive...

﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾  ﴾   GlodCoin   |  Electronic Currency |  Ethereum Blockchain   ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
› › › › ›  3D Virtual Shopping | VERIFIED And Secured  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
﴾  ﴾  ﴾   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE ﴿  ﴿  ﴿
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: