Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 255 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies!  (Read 639443 times)
Thorgrim

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 07:19:46 PM

Everyone just switch over to http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:25:04 PM

If the rhetoric of 'open, transparent information source' is acted out, then, Ripple should be clearly labelled as 'not a real cryptocurrency', issued by a central authority, not open source.
Wrong. It is open source. And wrong again. It is a cryptocurrency, just not a decentralised one. See - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency for sources so you can learn and stop spreading misinformation.

Where is that information on that website?  
See above. Hint: you're wrong.

I have ignorant people asking about the '$2 billion dollars that were invested' in Ripple.  This is very dangerous to cryptos, siphoning off real investment funds (not the misinterpreted, then fictitious, 'market cap',) that would otherwise go to legitimate open-source cryptocurrencies into the pockets of the the cabal of exploitational advertisers, poisoning the minds of noobs and keeping humanity repressed.

Perhaps instead of supporting the exploitational illusion that ripple belongs as an equal on that list, you could work towards educating noobs on what a market cap means.  I'll start you off:

Market Cap = Last Price x (multiplied by) Outstanding Float (total available in crypto addresses.)
I'm going to surprise you here and inform you again you are wrong. Do you know how Ripple works or have you just read a couple of information pieces? Why are you calling people noobs when you don't even know the basics and clutter up this valuable topic with your bullshit? 100 billion XRP have been created and can be used at any point of time. It's human choice stopping them from being spent. What your mind can't distinguish is that is separate from the fact most XRP are in the hands of Ripple Labs.

Btw you probably think I'm a Ripple supporter - I'm not. Check my post history, I've probably mentioned them twice in the last year. It's just funny to me seeing so many people get mad over things they don't understand.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:01:49 PM

http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/   is my new home.

Enjoy you false data

Bye

Bye  Grin

Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:05:58 PM

Regarding removing Nxt, MasterCoin, and Ripple (which is now being voted on at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381016.0), there seems to be 3 main arguments against it.  I'll let you know what I think about each:

1) It's a scam

Prove it?  Every single currency on the site has been called a scam at one point.  Unless the software is distributing viruses,  this is not enough to de-list.

Rather funny when someone demands absolute proof.

If for example 90% of all NXT is owned by one person we would never know.

The coins were created all at once and distributed to "stake holders." The max buy in was 1BTC per BTC address but there is nothing stopping someone from sending BTC from multiple addresses. In fact the creator of the coin could just send himself BTC from multiple accounts at zero cost but it looks good on paper.

There is no way to prove this but it is possible because of the inherent design of the coin.

That is my beef with these coins, the overall design including the proprietary exchange is perfect for running a scam.

I outlined the similarities between NXT and Realsolid/Coinhunters endevors. Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381489.0

2) Only traded on special exchanges that trade one coin

As long as the exchange is open and anyone can buy and sell freely, not sure why this is relevant.  If anything, there should be a volume requirement, but the three in question already have way  more volume than most of the other currencies.  If you have evidence that exchange is falsifying data, then please let us know.  I've already tweaked the calculation to avoid price manipulation spikes on tiny volume.

It does not matter if the exchange is open to the public. It is a moot point.

There is nothing stopping the owners of these proprietary exchanges from starting 20 puppet accounts and trading a huge volume of NXT or Mastercoin back and fourth to themselves with only a few BTC actually going back and fourth. All the fees even go back to the exchange owner so it costs nothing to rig the price or the volume.

That is exactly what Realsolid did at MCXnow, manipulated prices and faked the volume. Realsolid was actually more legit in some ways because he allowed several coins that weren't his on the exchange to give it the appearance of legitimacy.

3) The marketcap is misleading for 100% pre-mined coins vs non pre-mined coins

This is really the only argument I have sympathy for.   But that's what marketcap is: Price x Total Supply.  We can solve this problem by providing filter for 100% mined coins.  What do you think of that solution?

A filter alone is not enough. A grading system as outlined by cycloid would be better or just leave them off the list entirely. There is nothing wrong with taking a moral stand against scam coins.

Crypto's were ment to be the solution to centrally controlled fiat money not as some get rich quick scheme. Coins that are of the 100% created, premine/instamine variety that have their own exchange and can't or won't list at the more popular exchanges are just schemes to make a few people rich quick.

Allowing these types of coins to be successful and get undeserved attention only de-legitimizes  all cryptos in the eyes of the general public.

Personally I have stwitched to: http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/ until this is properly taken care of.

Iter

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:22:17 PM

100% preminted coins(if you can even call them that) should be in their own category, plain and simple.

I have zero interest in seeing these coins littering up my screen.

Right now cryptmarketcap.com seems to be exactly what I need. The bigger coin logos and smaller spacing between coins makes the site more aesthetic, it shows volume too.

VTC > LTC
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

So if all coins can be manipulated pretty easy, how do we know their true value? How can people take cryptos seriously when they are becoming a joke now.
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 08:47:05 PM

Are you out of your mind? Ripple has a 4 BTC trading volume the past 24 hours. This shit does not deserve to be #2.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-btc-xrp

Gliss (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:03:16 PM

Are you out of your mind? Ripple has a 4 BTC trading volume the past 24 hours. This shit does not deserve to be #2.

Way more than 4BTC.  http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/rippleXRP.html

Crypto-currency market cap rankings @ https://coinmarketcap.com
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:20:00 PM

http://www.cryptmarketcap.com/  wow better than coinmarketcap which seems corrupt to me. Cryptmarketcap > Coinmarketcap
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:30:29 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 04:39:53 AM by Benefactor

I have ignorant people asking about the '$2 billion dollars that were invested' in Ripple.  This is very dangerous to cryptos, siphoning off real investment funds (not the misinterpreted, then fictitious, 'market cap',) that would otherwise go to legitimate open-source cryptocurrencies into the pockets of the the cabal of exploitational advertisers, poisoning the minds of noobs and keeping humanity repressed.

Perhaps instead of supporting the exploitational illusion that ripple belongs as an equal on that list, you could work towards educating noobs on what a market cap means.  I'll start you off:

Market Cap = Last Price x (multiplied by) Outstanding Float (total available in crypto addresses.)
I'm going to surprise you here and inform you again you are wrong. Do you know how Ripple works or have you just read a couple of information pieces? Why are you calling people noobs when you don't even know the basics and clutter up this valuable topic with your bullshit? 100 billion XRP have been created and can be used at any point of time. It's human choice stopping them from being spent. What your mind can't distinguish is that is separate from the fact most XRP are in the hands of Ripple Labs.

Btw you probably think I'm a Ripple supporter - I'm not. Check my post history, I've probably mentioned them twice in the last year. It's just funny to me seeing so many people get mad over things they don't understand.

Please read what I wrote more carefully.  There is nothing you introduced that I wasn't already aware of, nor is it inconsistent with my post.  Please be careful when you label another person as 'wrong'.  I can do without the misinformed accusations of my person.  If you are not a supporter of XRP, why are you personally attacking me?  Why don't you spend your energy helping out noobs?

Ripple is not a cryptocurrency like BTC is.  How do you get that many coins instantly?  As its source is closed, and nobody was invited to 'mine' it, (if that's what those scum call their instacoin-creation subroutine,) there is no evidence that this has any of the equitable benefits of the class of open-source cryptocurrencies.  ripple is just a meaningless closed-door scrip.

They have incredible pricing power, (ability to manipulate the price!)  This is very dangerous, as people who are scamed by ripple are likely to apply their unfortunate experience to other coins that they misperceive to be equals based on the subject website's presentation.

P.S.  Please spare me another ad hominem attack.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:23:25 PM

Cheesy this is only data of the exchange "the rock trading" there are more XRP exchanges out there with more volume
hybridsole

Activity: 943
Merit: 783

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:31:31 PM

Wow, that site has come a long way on the layout!  Very nice. 

I hate to say this Gliss, you're my go-to for coin prices but with this Nxt and Ripple shit littering your top 5, I'm going to have to seek an alternative. 
jdwi31

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:32:12 PM

PLEASE REMOVE RIPPLE

you should switch 100% PREMINED Coins to a  Sub-Site

thanks!!
DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:33:19 PM

Why do you want Ripple to be removed?

Btw I opened a thread here about this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=386414.0

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:41:39 PM

Wow, that site has come a long way on the layout!  Very nice. 

I hate to say this Gliss, you're my go-to for coin prices but with this Nxt and Ripple shit littering your top 5, I'm going to have to seek an alternative. 

word
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:01:27 PM

So from months of observations, I have come up with two categories for Ripple haters.

1. Fear (Usually old Bitcoiners. Scared of the disruptive nature of the powerful Ripple network - which actually looks to compliment Bitcoin with INSTANT transactions). 

2. Laymen (Usually new-ish members. Believe the fearing individuals and have no idea what Ripple actually is. These people will likely say Ripple is centralized (untrue), closed source (untrue) or a premine (this isn't BTC! Again, you have missed the point).
Taborresen

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:13:44 PM

U can also get XRP`s (RIPPLE) at Bitstamp (at least u could before, have not checked it lately)
 and Justcoin
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:15:30 PM

1. Fear (Usually old Bitcoiners. Scared of the disruptive nature of the powerful Ripple network - which actually looks to compliment Bitcoin with INSTANT transactions).
What is the disruptive nature of Ripple?!?
stink

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:52:28 PM

What is the disruptive nature of Ripple?!?

The only disruption it has in total was derailing this thread.

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
Reece523

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:14:37 AM

I really like the idea of being able to sort the coins by monthly volume in USD/BTC.

I think Ripple, Mastercoin, NXT being on the list is a good thing and makes it more apparent that it is possible for coins other than Bitcoin and Litecoin to achieve large market caps. I guess only time will tell if the market feels the same way about it as I do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 255 »
  Print  

Jump to: