Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 05:21:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12083 times)
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:55:28 PM

I certainly can say that it cannot be controlled unless there is a law made to limit the volatility. And another is that bitcoin has to be centralized in order for this to happen because there are many factors that need to be controlled in order to make bitcoin stable.
sonawer

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:04:29 PM

definitely yes, the market is precisely the trade in the bitcoin percentage of the total mass is not so great.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:10:51 PM

Bitcoin's volatility can't be controlled since it is decentralized. But volatility will reduce with increase in Bitcoin holders. When user base will increase, there will be less chance of one bulk holder driving the price. This will certainly take some years to happen.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:18:15 PM

In my own opinion, I doubt if the volatility of bitcoin can be really kept under control. In a decentralised setting where is no control by the government, it is very difficult to control the market value of bitcoin. I believe with time when those company realised what they are loosing by not accepting bitcoin, it is then some of them will start accepting it.      
PhilPrime

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:34:20 PM

In my own opinion, I doubt if the volatility of bitcoin can be really kept under control. In a decentralised setting where is no control by the government, it is very difficult to control the market value of bitcoin. I believe with time when those company realised what they are loosing by not accepting bitcoin, it is then some of them will start accepting it.      
It will be felt the same way how some user's now regret that they didn't believe at btc at first. Bitcoin volatility can't be controlled. Its volatility and applicable on increasing makes btc moee interesting.

Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:48:11 PM

I think the volatility is a result of not having enough knowledge about bitcoin in general. I don't mean the technical part.
Nobody knows how many people use bitcoin, how many coins are already lost, or how the posession of bitcoin is distributed amongst the users.
So when you buy bitcoins, you rather guess what value it has.
When people see the price move on a larger scale, many tend to follow the trend because they get the feeling their guess was wrong.
They have no numbers that help them to reconstruct why they paid a certain amount for a coin. They only have the current situation and they act on it.
So I do not think you can controle volatility with crypto currencies.

It's me!!!
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:56:06 PM

It will be felt the same way how some user's now regret that they didn't believe at btc at first. Bitcoin volatility can't be controlled. Its volatility and applicable on increasing makes btc moee interesting.
Bitcoin price volatility can actually be utilized for action to increase the investment advantage that we have. For an investor company I think the bitcoin volatility can be very profitable. But for a company that sells goods I think it's going to be very hard to accept because we know that they make very little profit, so bitcoin usage can be risky and profitable.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:23:00 PM

Since bitcoin is a decentralized currency,it does not have any authority to control it or to ensure its value.So,its price increases or decreases in proportion to difference in demand for bitcoin.Bitcoin price is mainly driven by the community support.It exhibits its original value.In future,there would be huge increase in demand for bitcoin since it is getting legalized in most countries.But,still,the supply remains unchanged at 21 million coins.So,the volatility would only increase in future and it could not be controlled.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:48:40 PM

Bitcoin's volatility can't be controlled since it is decentralized. But volatility will reduce with increase in Bitcoin holders. When user base will increase, there will be less chance of one bulk holder driving the price. This will certainly take some years to happen.
Exactly, one character of bitcoin is being volatility and it is hardly to stop. No one had a chance to stop that, because it is decentralized and nobody takes controlled with it. The only thing we can do is that, is to steak to it and make some adjustments as it's price will go up and down. Take some advantage when  price is high and hold bitcoins when it goes down for a chance that it will pump again.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:30:09 PM

I think the volatility is a result of not having enough knowledge about bitcoin in general. I don't mean the technical part.
Nobody knows how many people use bitcoin, how many coins are already lost, or how the posession of bitcoin is distributed amongst the users.
So when you buy bitcoins, you rather guess what value it has.
When people see the price move on a larger scale, many tend to follow the trend because they get the feeling their guess was wrong.
They have no numbers that help them to reconstruct why they paid a certain amount for a coin. They only have the current situation and they act on it.
So I do not think you can controle volatility with crypto currencies.

Volatility is the result of supply and demand changes.  I believe it is dictated by the buy and sell of holders and investors of Bitcoin.  As for that volatility cannot be controlled.  Another reason is the speculation of traders, with huge expectation regarding market, and strong hype towards Bitcoin, the surge of coming fund is expected and can be neutralized by FUDs and bad news.  depending on which one is stronger market moves that way.  Volatility movement or trend can be seen but cannot be controlled.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:35:47 PM

Since bitcoin is a decentralized currency,it does not have any authority to control it or to ensure its value.So,its price increases or decreases in proportion to difference in demand for bitcoin.Bitcoin price is mainly driven by the community support.It exhibits its original value.In future,there would be huge increase in demand for bitcoin since it is getting legalized in most countries.But,still,the supply remains unchanged at 21 million coins.So,the volatility would only increase in future and it could not be controlled.

When more country legalize bitcoin , the value will increase as we know based on bitcoin graph. Every year bitcoin got increased up to 400% and mostly controlled by supply and demand from people around the world.

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:03:51 PM

It can be controlled but the prepondence of people would emit buying and using it as soon as the volatility is removed from bitcoin.
People are benifitted by trading bitcoin and the profit is possible until volatility remains with it.
TechBench

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 07:45:38 PM

It could if governments make laws; they also can control fiat to bitcoin chain.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:07:06 AM

The only thing that will reduce Bitcoin volatility is time. The more money in the market means less people can influence it. For example even $6,000,000,000 invested now would only increase the price by less than 10%. Which means most companies/people cannot influence Bitcoin all that much anymore.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 07:48:43 AM

The only thing that will reduce Bitcoin volatility is time. The more money in the market means less people can influence it. For example even $6,000,000,000 invested now would only increase the price by less than 10%. Which means most companies/people cannot influence Bitcoin all that much anymore

As to me, it works exactly the other way around

More money in the market means higher prices, but higher prices necessarily mean less supply of coins (otherwise prices wouldn't rise). But if supply runs dry, any change in it will make big shifts in the price, which means increasing volatility. It seems to me that the only reliable way of stifling down Bitcoin volatility is to build real economy around Bitcoin, so that people could buy and sell things for Bitcoin directly (as opposed to selling and buying stuff with bitcoins which immediately get converted back to fiat)

Dainye_dyep

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:46:17 PM

Volatility of bitcoin and cryptocurrency cannot be controlled. In my view very few altcoins volatility were controlled just because of the team that's behind it. Some provide fake price moves to profit out of it, if the system functions in a decentralized state the volatility can't be kept under control. At times manipulation happens with the big Volume holders.

Probaby true, but I think the fact that users affect the volatility of bitcoin gives us the idea and I think supply and demand can be part of its scenario, for the bitcoin price to be stable in the sense that it will dump but not as much as 10% as what happen whwn China banned bitcoin un their coumtry, but im the sense that we can lessen the amount that it may take when supply and demand didnt match with each other, so I think volatility of bitcoin can somehow be controlled.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:51:34 PM

Volatility of bitcoin and cryptocurrency cannot be controlled. In my view very few altcoins volatility were controlled just because of the team that's behind it. Some provide fake price moves to profit out of it, if the system functions in a decentralized state the volatility can't be kept under control. At times manipulation happens with the big Volume holders.

Probaby true, but I think the fact that users affect the volatility of bitcoin gives us the idea and I think supply and demand can be part of its scenario, for the bitcoin price to be stable in the sense that it will dump but not as much as 10% as what happen whwn China banned bitcoin un their coumtry, but im the sense that we can lessen the amount that it may take when supply and demand didnt match with each other, so I think volatility of bitcoin can somehow be controlled.
That is where you are wrong all of the decentralized cryptocurrency can be subject to price manipulation as they are controlled by big players. That is why if they tried to make a profit taking everyone will follow and start a panic selling at the end the ones who have sold the highest will buy at the lowest price. That is why many people are trying to trade Bitcoin as it is subject to price movement. And yes volatility can be controlled by players as well.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

The only thing that will reduce Bitcoin volatility is time. The more money in the market means less people can influence it. For example even $6,000,000,000 invested now would only increase the price by less than 10%. Which means most companies/people cannot influence Bitcoin all that much anymore.
I don’t think that volatility of bitcoin can be controlled in this way. As Chinese government have banned bitcoins recently which caused fluctuations in the prices of bitcoins and dropped the prices of bitcoins very much.

There are more chances that other governments also start banning bitcoins in their countries which will be responsible for a continuous chain of fluctuations in the prices of bitcoins.
kachimasu

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:29:39 PM

Why control it? Crypto currencies are so attractive right now because of volatility and speculation, there are non volatile coins and don't generate much interest
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 04:48:18 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Volatility of bitcoin can't be controlled, one of the bitcoin feature is decentralised system so there's no one single entity that can control the supply thus controlling the price. It moves according to the supply and demand on market and it can't be controlled. Maybe later when there's a lot of user, the distribution will become more fair and make volatility less.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: