Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:02:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Volatility Be Controlled?  (Read 12076 times)
fleda

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:43:36 PM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?

No, We cannot control the volatility of bitcoin that's why a lot of business specially online business don't accept bitcoin because of its volatility. There's no way to control it because we are the reason why bitcoin is volatile. So i think it is far to happen that it can be controlled.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:45:37 PM

I think Bitcoin Volatility can not be controlled because In the free market everyone sets the price. so it becomes constantly variable.
For me volatility is one of the features of bitcoin due to its decentralized nature.it ia difficult to control due to this nature, traders gain profits by trading and now manipulation could not be done. Volatility could not be controlled since bitcoin price differs as per variation in demand for bitcoins.
Fasunathan

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

I have read some posts and some concerns that it is the volatility of Bitcoin that is preventing many people and many businesses to fully adopt Bitcoin. This can be the main factor why big online shopping stores are not yet adding Bitcoin into their payment facilities (though there is now a circulated petition for this but I doubt if it can make a dent).

Some are really saying that if volatility can be managed then we can see Bitcoin going mainstream. I am wondering then: Is volatility something that we should find a way to control and how do you think it can be done?
Honestly speaking and in my own opinion, bitcoin volatility is very hard to control or impossible to control. Bitcoin is decentralized and you don't even know who owns a lot of bitcoin. If a group of whales wants to create a scenario wherein he wants to say bitcoin's value dip to a certain price, he can do that because he himself has the control on when to dump his crypto. Whales are the biggest manipulator of cryptocurrency and they are the once causing volatility.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:19:04 AM

I think to control something like bitcoin that decentralized is hard to do. The concept of bitcoin is decentralized, so I think its hard to control price something who have high volatile because we cant control what people mind on price bitcoin they want to sell or buy
fcf1081

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:16:30 AM

Bitcoin volatility I think cannot be controlled because it has its own system that cannot be manipulated by anyone in a first place it decentralized and just because its price goes up an down does not mean it can now be control by anyone just to earn a big profit
binhvo1505

Activity: 728

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:27:57 AM

Actually, we can not control volatility. Price fluctuation of altcoin based on whales. They have a lot of money and controlling the crypto market is simple. So let's collect information related to crypto and from there we can judge if the market is going up or down. That is my experience of the crypto market. Hope you will refer to it.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
goku1525

Activity: 420
Merit: 50

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:44:08 AM

Actually, we can not control volatility. Price fluctuation of altcoin based on whales. They have a lot of money and controlling the crypto market is simple. So let's collect information related to crypto and from there we can judge if the market is going up or down. That is my experience of the crypto market. Hope you will refer to it.

No one can controlled bitcoin's price because it certainly fluctuating the market. Bitcoin is decentralized it is based from demand and supply and also it was related to the volatility which no one knows when it increases or decreases it was manipulated by whales .
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:54:50 AM

In my own opinion bitcoin volatility cannot be controlled because there are so many users of bitcoin the fact that the system is decentralized it means no one controlling it. So i think the demand and supply dictate what will be the price.
Boromon

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:03:13 PM

No, The volatility depends on the demand and supply. When the demand is high the price is rising if the holder of bitcoin see they will have good profits if they start selling and the price is falling. Although you're trying to manipulate supply and demand with big capital, it's not going to work right now because very large bitcoin users today.
SirDwp

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

I doubt very much that crypto-currencies at the current initial, "wild" phase of their lives can be stable. If they do not collapse, then their volatility will inevitably decrease.
yamete kudasai

Activity: 226
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:26:12 PM

We cannot do anything with things that are natural which is volatility in cryptocurrency. It is indeed a bit of a downside on investments but to think that the dips are just temporary, surely a smart investor will earn huge profit out of this uncertainty by just buying at the dumps and to sell whenever uts market value is rising. So it is not totally a bad thing.
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:40:32 AM

Just like decentralization,volatility is the nature of bitcoin.Due to decentralization,there is no central authority to control bitcoin price.So bitcoin price reflects its original value.Bitcoin price increases or decreases directly in proportion to increase or decrease in demand for bitcoin.It is due to this volatile nature traders make profits.So bitcoin volatility could not be controlled by any means.

Bitcoin volatility cannot be control why? Because its base on the number of investor. The value of bitcoin goes up and down which is normal. The best way we can do is let us help introduce bitcoin in order it will be known to all people.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:57:12 AM

Volatility can be in control when the people who hold most bitcoin make a group, because the bitcoin price is determined by the demand of the user so that it can make the volitility to the control is its bitcoin user.
When a person sell during the low price in market, they are supporting the dumps and make the bitcoin for more deep in the market. Volatility is not controllable by anyone. It depends on how the investors react on the market values. The ups and downs of the bitcoin price gives opportunity to everyone to gain profit.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
rillater

Activity: 156
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:03:47 AM

I believe that it can not be controlled, the price of a bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. When the demand for bitcoins increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price goes down. There is only a limited number of bitcoins in circulation and new bitcoins are created at a predictable and decreasing rate, which means that the demand must follow this level of inflation to keep the price stable. Because Bitcoin is still a relatively small market compared to what it could be, it does not take large amounts of money to raise or lower the market price, and therefore, the price of a bitcoin remains very volatile.
Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:08:12 AM

It will take time to control the volatility of bitcoins as bitcoins are still in its infancy stage and more people need to enter the bitcoin market and the price should be stable, there are still chances for the price of bitcoins to increase and price will be stable after mining all the bitcoins in such a situation the volatility can be controlled and bitcoins will be considered as the mainstream currency all through out the world.

amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:35:35 AM

Bitcoin is a decentralized crypto currency so there is no control that can be done by any party. so I think that bitcoinvolality will continue to move based on current crypto market demand if bitcoin will move at a fairly stable price due to decreased bitcoin user level and if the rate increases again then of course the bitcoin price will increase again

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
cryptbit.man

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:21:40 AM

In order to control its volatility you will have to control the behaviour of all the people involved in the life of the coin: traders, miners etc. The fact that people buy, sell etc is what cause the volatility, so ofc if you could convince people to not sell it or buy it the coin will become completely stable. Ofc there is a practical challenge there that makes this virtually impossible, but theoretical it can be achieved.
davida

Activity: 585
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:25:20 AM

From inception, Bitcoin volatility has been a natural phenomenon that can only be controlled through the effects of Demands and Supply Elasticity purchasing the use of Bitcoin for goods and services, esp on line. In it's real sense of it. no one can physically control Bitcoin volatility due to it's been decentralized as to its existence.
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:00:52 PM

The volatility of Bitcoin is included in the design of the technology. The designer knows that at the beginning because it was design as decentralize digital coins and no one can control the total quantity of coins. The price of bitcoin can be controlled by those investors who owns many coins enough to make the prices change the way they wants. So the volatility will continue as long as those bulk coins will not be distributed to many people. Bitcoin price is too high to everyone. So, it's difficult to control the volatility.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
setialovers

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:14:14 PM

I believe that it can not be controlled, the price of a bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. When the demand for bitcoins increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price goes down. There is only a limited number of bitcoins in circulation and new bitcoins are created at a predictable and decreasing rate, which means that the demand must follow this level of inflation to keep the price stable. Because Bitcoin is still a relatively small market compared to what it could be, it does not take large amounts of money to raise or lower the market price, and therefore, the price of a bitcoin remains very volatile.

I am believe that bitcoin always have high volatile because bitcoin is decentralized. Beside that bitcoin have small supply and people always want to buy it, so bitcoin always have high demand and no one can control bitcoin price
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: