Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:22:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47042 times)
nominee

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:21:37 PM

BTC is the only real thing that go up and up when every other coin pumps...

This is true. That is why I told a lot of people to have a good portfolio in their crypto investment. Alt coins does have huge chances to gain massive profits like x10 or even x100 which it very hard for btc to do so. However, btc itself is stable and grow organic-ly.

They all have the future, significant thing is to find the best ones. If one grows 500% and the other grows 10% and you picked the 10% one instead of the other, this is a mistake clearly. We need to pick the best one.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:23:38 PM

Altcoins are only for short term. I don't buy altcoins, I earn them. When I earned, I sell it immediately. I don't hold it, I exchange it to eth and eth to btc. That's the time I hold it. When the value of btc increases, I exchange it to cash. But there are some altcoins have potential and some are not. I do have a hunderd or more shitcoins in my wallet.

Yes, Altcoins have not a long term future. Most of them are for short term and many peoples uses altcoins in day trading or short term trading. No one holds the altcoins for years. Also there is no grantee that if any alt is doing good, it may still be avaible after a year or so. Only Bitcoin is a long term investment and it will stay forever without losing its value.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:37:27 PM

Altcoins are only for short term. I don't buy altcoins, I earn them. When I earned, I sell it immediately. I don't hold it, I exchange it to eth and eth to btc. That's the time I hold it. When the value of btc increases, I exchange it to cash. But there are some altcoins have potential and some are not. I do have a hunderd or more shitcoins in my wallet.

Yes, Altcoins have not a long term future. Most of them are for short term and many peoples uses altcoins in day trading or short term trading. No one holds the altcoins for years. Also there is no grantee that if any alt is doing good, it may still be avaible after a year or so. Only Bitcoin is a long term investment and it will stay forever without losing its value.
Although most altcoins are definitely without a long term future, there are quite a few around that are solid long term investments.

You just need to search for projects that create real world profits and that have their token pecked to those profits in some way.
CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:02:29 PM

Do Altcoins really have a future?
This is basically a synonym of do companies that deploy tokens have future?
And the answer is simple - a few have, the others don't. Just like in the traditional economy - in every sector, you can find a few leading companies, a bunch of second best, some niche and a whole lot of failures. 
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:03:42 PM

With all the icos and altcoin popping here and there, not all of them survives or lasts long. Some of them just fade or disappear while some survives. Altcoin's future depends on its technology and developers and so as its investors. So long as the project keep on improving and the population of its investors keeps incrrasing then i guess that certain altcoin has a future.
While the community is key to the survival of a coin, the developer needs to be extraordinaire as well, you cannot just create a cone of another coin and think yourself as a great developer, you need to try to do something better than other coins or to find an application to the blockchain that no one has thought.
However, we do not need to have much application like now of the ICO market. There are many good ideas and all ideas is ok, I can not negate the idea of some potential projects. But, can the devs of these projects make their idea become the truth in future? And is it really improve our society or just useless?
Implementation is key, there have been many people that got great ideas but never execute them, just look at bitcoin, something like bitcoin has been imagined for a very long time but it was satoshi the one that could put the pieces together in order to create the first decentralized currency.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:04:36 PM

Do Altcoins really have a future?
This is basically a synonym of do companies that deploy tokens have future?
And the answer is simple - a few have, the others don't. Just like in the traditional economy - in every sector, you can find a few leading companies, a bunch of second best, some niche and a whole lot of failures. 
This. The amount of failed startups is staggeringly high.

I think something like 9 out of 10 startups just never make it past the first few months, let alone years.

And they only get funding after a lot of due diligence has been done. Meanwhile in crypto everything gets funded because people don't know how to judge the quality of a project.

So surely there'll be even more failures in crypto than in traditional business.
nieninja53

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:54:05 PM

Yes of course altcoins have really future but when you want to buy some altcoins and want to invest on it for long term and interested to earn profit from it then you don't buy altcoin by blinded because all altcoin are not good but your target is to buy and hold good coin that have great future and when you buy good coin you can earn good profit from it and enjoy good profit because good coin must provide good profit.
joshmontford

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:57:38 PM

so many altcoins have future, you just need to know how to look
there are some that just want your money. but i think some altcoins will get bitcoin down and go to the stars

emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:20:28 PM

there are some that just want your money. but i think some altcoins will get bitcoin down and go to the stars

Of course some altcoins have future. Bitcoin is not a perfect crypto. There are some things that can still be exploited by another cryptos to get fans. Especially in terms of transaction fees, confirmation speed etc.

Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 07:22:42 PM

There are few altcoins that has a future like Ethereum, Litecoin, Myst, Xem and Waves these are the coins were I am sure that has a better future particularly in Ethereum I do believed that this coins is next into Bitcoin.
8rch7

Activity: 1372
Merit: 465

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:25:17 AM

yeah many altcoins have a future, such as ethereum. I think ethereum has good value stability, despite the many outstanding issues and very fast bitcoin price fluctuations, but the value of ethereum is quite stable

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
micheal34

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:22:09 PM

Yes they do but not all few ones with potential has good futures ahead
intelegan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 05:38:30 PM

Yes they have mate theyre no different from bitcoin but some altcoins have future but not that good
 So the altcoins have even good start than bitcoin because bitcoin have been going on since 2008 and it has a huge value for now but it didnt happen on one day . So altcoins now have a good start or future because it is advertised over the internet and getting some reviews or fame of it not like bitcoin it struggles through the way to success it is likely to go higher than bitcoin in time because of the internets influence
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 08:17:42 PM

yeah many altcoins have a future, such as ethereum. I think ethereum has good value stability, despite the many outstanding issues and very fast bitcoin price fluctuations, but the value of ethereum is quite stable
The future of an altcoin can not confirm through the value, you should to change your opition because the potential altcoin always has low price at first time. Example Ethereum, why does the price of Ethereum only $6-$10 in last year? Because there were a little of people knew the potential of Ethereum in last year.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
Aprilia39

Activity: 433
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:37:14 PM

I believe altcoin will still have a good value for the future.because surely over time, people will much increasingly join the altcoin world.

slyfox

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:57:39 PM

I believe that the future of Altcoins is there, but not all. Who managed to enter the market first, who has a good technical base and quality goods, he will be on par with bitcoin. The rest, unfortunately, will be on the roadside of time.
There are good projects out there but there is not going to be one that rivals bitcoin, bitcoin has showed for many years its great resistance and no altcoin has showed that resistance yet so only time will tell if many of the alts that exist today are going to exist in the future.
illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:59:52 PM

You are lumping a whole bunch of things into 'altcoins'.

Some will succeed. Some will change how the internet works in the future.  Some will fail.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:07:20 AM

Not sure if all altcoins will have a future or not but some altcoins will be alive as long as people use it in trading.Bitcoins do have a future as some of the countries have already legalised bitcoins,but I highly doubt any country would completely accept bitcoin because the government won't be able to collect tax that way.Still bitcoin has already made it's place in the world and people are using it.Altcoins like Ethereum and Litecoin would probably be next to bitcoin which would have a future.
jancukiyah

Activity: 137

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:10:26 AM

Ok, we don't know what happens tomorrow, 2 weeks or 1 year later. It's the same way with bitcoin on many years ago, some people always ask "do bitcoin really have a future?" Is the same question with yours now. For me, everything's can have a future, as long as some people use it.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
daniel08

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:17:30 AM

It depends in the altcoins , if the altcoin has the big impact in the cryptocurrency world , there would be a future for it , just like etherium , it has a future to rise but it cannot beat the bitcoin , same as the other altcoins like NEO , RIPPLE , etc ,. As long as they have the value they have a future .

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: