Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Altcoins really have a future?  (Read 47040 times)
qwerr02

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:55:41 PM

I think they have a good feature because there are many great projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:53:21 PM

I think in short term every thing is possible as we experienced high increase in prices of most of major altcoins such as Ethereum. But in long term everything depends on what will happen to Bitcoin.
In my opinion in future we will have only one acceptable cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin can solve its problems like high transaction fees that you mentioned, It will be that cryptocurrency. If not we should wait for another cryptocurrecncy that will replace Bitcoin.
We should also consider another important issue which is governments decisions. In future after accepting bitcoins by entire world, Governments would like to have more control on the system. We should wait for their decision whether they want bitcoin to be that major cryptocurrency or not.
I think that bitcoin partially solved its problems on August 01. Therefore, there is no need to replace it with another crypto currency. As for its recognition by the governments of different countries, there has never been unity among them. Although it should be noted that for this period it has already been recognized or already positively solved this issue among developed countries with a strong economy - the US, Russia, China, Japan, etc. In this regard, it seems to me that bitcoin will retain its leadership positions among the crypto currency and further.
There was no need to stop shitting in the streets either, doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to stop! If somebody with a better idea comes along and successfully implements a vast improvement, it will be a plus for everyone.
With Bitcoin this is unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it's definitely not impossible.
CrypticGambit

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 12:34:25 PM

In my opinion, Altcoins are the future channels in many industries. Like now, major banks have expressed interest to adapt blockchain technology for doing transactions. Others like in gaming is also incorporating the blockchain to enhance the gaming experience of users.

Yep I agree. Banks are about to wake up and enter the crypto space. Gaming industry is also big and they also are interested in blockchain technology. These 2 areas are pretty good

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 01:56:07 PM

Bitcoin will exist for long term for sure but altcoins having different features and solves different problem like TENX and monaco solves the problem spending cryptocurrency in real world like shopping and atm similarly other altcoins which solves the problem then it will exist for long time bitcoin.
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:08:02 PM

Altcoin will always be in the future. because bitcoin needs it as value comparator, bitcoin will not stand without existence of altcoin. As many have predicted, maybe ETH, LTC and XRP will continue to be the otherside bitcoin in the future.
Crypto_New

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:32:18 PM

I keep some allcoin that interest me.
This is speculation to invest allcoin with a long enough time,
some alcoin that I investigate and review my sense of future potential for allcoin is always there.

It can be seen from their concept and how they give renewal about their coins issuing the latest innovations in terms of usability, convenience, security, and profit.
I have investigated and there are some that must be taken into account for long-term investments.
I think you should try for allcoin and if my prediction is proven there may be a regret for you.
Sarah08

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 03:44:52 PM

I think if the Altcoins continue to be popular and to be known its not impossible.And if Altcoins continue to be a part of the Peoples choice or to continie to have its purpose in the cryptocurrency world I think it will be an effective way to people who uses cryptocurrencies or particular to altcoins.
NickM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:29:36 PM

Hi everybody, this latest ICO started its Pre-Order https://finles.capital/.
Do you know anything about their bounty or airdrop? I’ve asked in their Channel and am waiting for details https://t.me/FNDCoins
evski

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:42:33 PM

blockchain tech is the future, not any particular coin
RieL

Activity: 290

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:24:03 PM

The same question was told when the bitcoins was new at the time we also don't know how to answer it ,also the for the altcoins.there is different future for different coins and altcoins. If the bitcoins code we"re the same it would be useless.the coins should have unique chatecteristic abd offer new and added value to make it popular then i can that it will have a future
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:29:51 PM

I believe altcoin has a future.
although it will be very difficult to parallel with bitcoin.
but at least altcoin will give us many advantages. and not only that we get the convenience. so no need to be afraid to invest on altcoin.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:43:27 PM

blockchain tech is the future, not any particular coin
maybe altcoin dont have future but blockchain is the future. it's the way to freedom
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:57:32 PM

I believe Bitcoin has a future in long term. It proved itself in the past years and it is getting widely popular. It just has a transaction fee problem atm.

What about the altcoins? Who does use them for real? Will people use them in the future for real purpose?

I only have a hope for ethereum and litecoin, but not for the rest. I am not even sure for eth and ltc.

If bitcoin solves the reansaction fee and time problem, I doubt eth and ltc even have a future.

I too, believe that bitcoin really has a future. It has been through a lot already and has survived and became better.
And for the altcoins, i also think that they too have a future. I have my eyes on some because to be honest, lots of altcoins today really have great potential and can really be a good investment for longterm holding. And i think there will be probably more that'll pop out because people are greedy, and want to make profit. So i think the list of altcoins will never stop growing.
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:02:08 PM

i believe sir, there is a future for altcoins. the more ICO coming up the more coin role played in the market. the more trusted ico the more value for its coin.

hangar18

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:19:19 PM

I think in short term every thing is possible as we experienced high increase in prices of most of major altcoins such as Ethereum. But in long term everything depends on what will happen to Bitcoin.
In my opinion in future we will have only one acceptable cryptocurrency. If Bitcoin can solve its problems like high transaction fees that you mentioned, It will be that cryptocurrency. If not we should wait for another cryptocurrecncy that will replace Bitcoin.
We should also consider another important issue which is governments decisions. In future after accepting bitcoins by entire world, Governments would like to have more control on the system. We should wait for their decision whether they want bitcoin to be that major cryptocurrency or not.
I think that bitcoin partially solved its problems on August 01. Therefore, there is no need to replace it with another crypto currency. As for its recognition by the governments of different countries, there has never been unity among them. Although it should be noted that for this period it has already been recognized or already positively solved this issue among developed countries with a strong economy - the US, Russia, China, Japan, etc. In this regard, it seems to me that bitcoin will retain its leadership positions among the crypto currency and further.
There was no need to stop shitting in the streets either, doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea to stop! If somebody with a better idea comes along and successfully implements a vast improvement, it will be a plus for everyone.
With Bitcoin this is unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it's definitely not impossible.
Actually, HardFork in August 1st not enough for solve all problems of Bitcoin in this year, even if make us spend more fees than past time Angry. That is reason, in November, whales will have new reason for make they "hardfork" again in that time and new FUD begin Cheesy.
pressureonme

Activity: 185

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:24:32 PM

Actually, HardFork in August 1st not enough for solve all problems of Bitcoin in this year, even if make us spend more fees than past time Angry. That is reason, in November, whales will have new reason for make they "hardfork" again in that time and new FUD begin Cheesy.

On 1 August, it was not an hard fork. I just can't understand how you call it hard fork. It's like a small ant compared with the upcoming real hard fork of November.

This will make dump waves on altcoins as a result. They have a future we don't know much about. They're not stable generally.
davidroux

Activity: 625
Merit: 250

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:35:07 PM

i believe sir, there is a future for altcoins. the more ICO coming up the more coin role played in the market. the more trusted ico the more value for its coin.
ICO is just a small field in crypto world. Some altcoin I think have a future like stratis, stellar .... But I prefer stratis have more future

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                 
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀