Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:22:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101097 times)
Brexei

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:32:11 AM

Same here! Hope they sort it out soon...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

The live dashboard is not working. The status page also does not appear to be updating. We have rebooted our miners and verified they are running but they are not being seen on the website.
Thanks,
SkyViper
Yes, I am not able to see my miners in the live page. I have rebooted all of mine as well and they do not show up.
Same here! Hope they sort it out soon...
Thanks for reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.
The display issue has been resolved a couple of hours ago. No share data was lost.
If anyone still has issues – please let us know
jimbo3po

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:36:51 PM

Is there something up with CRC? It's been spiking for a long time. Is it a calculation error? or real spike?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

Is there something up with CRC? It's been spiking for a long time. Is it a calculation error? or real spike?
Indeed an error (it is now fixed..).
Thanks for reporting this  Smiley
CRC is still only available to our beta users
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 09:57:43 PM

As the Asic resistance intensifies (e.g. XMR, Sumokoin) we have been making the required integrations to support the upcoming hard forks, and at the same time, extend the WinMiner arsenal of miner softwares.

Say hello to v1.19a -

- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
- Cast-XMR - updated to the latest version to support upcoming hard fork (Cryptonight and Cryptonight V7)
- Claymore CryptoNote CPU updated to the latest version
- Claymore latest GPU version integration completed and will kick in with the first block

Enjoy  Smiley

Will be interesting to see the impact of the upcoming HF on the mining difficulty for those coins and their mining profitability...
Never a dull moment in Crypto..
Turat

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:04:52 PM

Nice! Quick action on the upcoming hardforks. This will be an interesting few weeks for mining.
Thanks for the update log and optimization TeamWinminer.  Smiley
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:17:20 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 09:58:21 PM by AlexanderDumas

Concerning hash rates and payment in real money i have to say that i did some basic tests to find out how efficient winminer was. I tested nicehash for a few minutes and then run winminer and compared the money they both claimed to make. Winminer was slightly less (but in one occasion it was slightly more!), but not as much as 10-20 %. Maybe just a few percent.

In order to be able to test this in real life you have to mine a specific coin and see how many coins you make in one day. This is the only way to test the efficiency! Otherwise if you look at the money made each minute it changes every half an hour or so... Even more, in the last couple of days i see that one coin might go up and down by as much as 20-30%!!! Money making has gone down in the last 2 days by at least 30%, which is crazy. So, if we want to compare, we should look into the coins made, but winminer does not report coins. So another way is to test winminer for a few minutes, and then switch to another miner, like nicehash and compare immediately. Otherwise prices might change and the result is different!

Of course, the best thing to do is to have two identical systems and run one with Winminer and the other with Nicehash and compare the outcome after one day of use. They would run the same time and at the same exchange rates, so the comparison would be fair. Maybe someone with two identical graphics cards can do it for us and report here.

I find that winminer is useful for people who want to hash with small systems and get some money, while it might also be good for larger systems. But for serious mining setups you might be better with keeping the coins and selling them when the price is right.

There is also a fee for selling coins or exchanging them, so we should keep that in mind too.

Finally i believe that if this price plunge is continued, then most people will shut off their machines, because it is unprofitable any more, unless you do not pay for electricity. Hope the situation recovers...
I am sorry but your test for a few minutes does not validate any of your finding and it is not what I did to make my assesments.
Since NiceHash gives you real time profitability relative to the hash rate registered at the exact time you refresh your browser, which ofcourse fluctate a lot during the hours. So testing for few minutes does not give anywhere near the real life earnings you would get.

To get a clear picture you need to mine for at least  24/48 hours and then you get an average of the earnings per day, which is a proper assesment of the performance provided by the different pools or systems.
Winminer, come short of at least 20% than mining Nicehash or for example ETN, ETH at Nanopool, which I have done extensively for 6 months by now.

As per exchanging those coins per USD, EURO or else ,it hardly get more expensive than few pennies or 1 dollar in the case of BTC.
Winminer is getting a very good "cut" for doing those transactions on your behalf.
I understand they need to have a wide "spread" on order to protect themselves from fluctations, but obviosly they do it on order to protect their earnings and not giving you a fair deal.

I give you an example:
I mine ethereum directly to my wallet at Kraken exchange. I mine about 0.3 ethereum per week. Nanopool takes 1% fee then sends the ethereum directly to  my wallet at Kraken for no fee. At that point the value I get form a dedicated pool, averaging the value of the coin for the given day, is roughly 20% higher than WinMiner's. I exchange what ever amount of Ethereum I received from the pool, for exmplto to Euro, for letterally few pennies. Then I can wire Euros to my bank account for 0.15 Euro per transfer. All transaction combined with nanopool fee hardly gose above 2%. Not mentioning that software developer fee that is applied by any of the miner, it is also applyed when you use Winminer mining with Claymore, Stak, Cast etc...

This apply also for ETN mined at Nanopool, although I have to exchange it first to BTC in Cryptopia before sending it over to Kraken. The cost of it is still very minimal and gives me 18/20% more than using Winminer. BTW it takes a few minutes to do all this transactions and you can do it when ever you prefer.
I use Kraken, but you can use any reputable exchange of your liking, that has low fees for wiring in the currency you prefer.

take care!

eclark5483

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 03:33:12 AM

Seem to be experiencing issues, not all of my rigs are showing up on the "live" screen, but I am showing that they are mining.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:37:09 AM

As the Asic resistance intensifies (e.g. XMR, Sumokoin) we have been making the required integrations to support the upcoming hard forks, and at the same time, extend the WinMiner arsenal of miner softwares.
Say hello to v1.19a -
- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
- Cast-XMR - updated to the latest version to support upcoming hard fork (Cryptonight and Cryptonight V7)
- Claymore latest GPU version integration completed and will kick in with the first block
Enjoy  Smiley
Will be interesting to see the impact of the upcoming HF on the mining difficulty for those coins and their mining profitability...

It is paying off nicely...

(with mining earnings that havent been seen for a while...)

Hope you are all enjoying it  Smiley
eclark5483

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:39:44 PM

Wow, I can actually turn my Dell T-610 X5675 dual Xeon server back on today, nice. Not where it once was, but doing much better then the last couple months.
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 04:11:06 AM

Say hello to v1.19a -
- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
Enjoy  Smiley

https://i.imgur.com/khHxORS.png

Hope you are all enjoying it  Smiley

It's definitively nice to see see margins higher than 20% for a change.

https://labtech.purecomputersonline.com/labtech/transfer/tools/ss/winminer-2.jpg
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:06:16 AM

Say hello to v1.19a -
- XMR-stak (formerly on WinMiner for CPU only) now supports  both CPU AND GPU mining, for AMD and nVidia, for cryptonight, Cryptonight Heavy and Cryptonight V7
Enjoy  Smiley

Hope you are all enjoying it  Smiley

It's definitively nice to see see margins higher than 20% for a change.

XRM-Stack is not very good. Atm I use Cast XMR any my RX570 has a Hashrate between 810-880 H/s and my Vega 56 has 1920-1960 H/s. On Stack all Cards have unter 800 H/s. Maybe you can put Cast XRM into winminer for Monero mining.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:59:25 AM

XRM-Stack is not very good. Atm I use Cast XMR any my RX570 has a Hashrate between 810-880 H/s and my Vega 56 has 1920-1960 H/s. On Stack all Cards have unter 800 H/s. Maybe you can put Cast XRM into winminer for Monero mining.
Cast XMR is already part of WinMiner  Smiley
If you have any issues with XMR Stak you can easily disable it in the miners tab.
We are waiting for Cast XMR to add Cryptonight Heavy support (for supporting Sumokoin)
Next on WinMiner's list for this family - XMrig , stay tuned Smiley
Brexei

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:03:27 PM

Concerning hash rates and payment in real money i have to say that i did some basic tests to find out how efficient winminer was. I tested nicehash for a few minutes and then run winminer and compared the money they both claimed to make. Winminer was slightly less (but in one occasion it was slightly more!), but not as much as 10-20 %. Maybe just a few percent.

In order to be able to test this in real life you have to mine a specific coin and see how many coins you make in one day. This is the only way to test the efficiency! Otherwise if you look at the money made each minute it changes every half an hour or so... Even more, in the last couple of days i see that one coin might go up and down by as much as 20-30%!!! Money making has gone down in the last 2 days by at least 30%, which is crazy. So, if we want to compare, we should look into the coins made, but winminer does not report coins. So another way is to test winminer for a few minutes, and then switch to another miner, like nicehash and compare immediately. Otherwise prices might change and the result is different!

Of course, the best thing to do is to have two identical systems and run one with Winminer and the other with Nicehash and compare the outcome after one day of use. They would run the same time and at the same exchange rates, so the comparison would be fair. Maybe someone with two identical graphics cards can do it for us and report here.

I find that winminer is useful for people who want to hash with small systems and get some money, while it might also be good for larger systems. But for serious mining setups you might be better with keeping the coins and selling them when the price is right.

There is also a fee for selling coins or exchanging them, so we should keep that in mind too.

Finally i believe that if this price plunge is continued, then most people will shut off their machines, because it is unprofitable any more, unless you do not pay for electricity. Hope the situation recovers...
I am sorry but your test for a few minutes does not validate any of your finding and it is not what I did to make my assesments.
Since NiceHash gives you real time profitability relative to the hash rate registered at the exact time you refresh your browser, which ofcourse fluctate a lot during the hours. So testing for few minutes does not give anywhere near the real life earnings you would get.

To get a clear picture you need to mine for at least  24/48 hours and then you get an average of the earnings per day, which is a proper assesment of the performance provided by the different pools or systems.
Winminer, come short of at least 20% than mining Nicehash or for example ETN, ETH at Nanopool, which I have done extensively for 6 months by now.

As per exchanging those coins per USD, EURO or else ,it hardly get more expensive than few pennies or 1 dollar in the case of BTC.
Winminer is getting a very good "cut" for doing those transactions on your behalf.
I understand they need to have a wide "spread" on order to protect themselves from fluctations, but obviosly they do it on order to protect their earnings and not giving you a fair deal.

I give you an example:
I mine ethereum directly to my wallet at Kraken exchange. I mine about 0.3 ethereum per week. Nanopool takes 1% fee then sends the ethereum directly to  my wallet at Kraken for no fee. At that point the value I get form a dedicated pool, averaging the value of the coin for the given day, is roughly 20% higher than WinMiner's. I exchange what ever amount of Ethereum I received from the pool, for exmplto to Euro, for letterally few pennies. Then I can wire Euros to my bank account for 0.15 Euro per transfer. All transaction combined with nanopool fee hardly gose above 2%. Not mentioning that software developer fee that is applied by any of the miner, it is also applyed when you use Winminer mining with Claymore, Stak, Cast etc...

This apply also for ETN mined at Nanopool, although I have to exchange it first to BTC in Cryptopia before sending it over to Kraken. The cost of it is still very minimal and gives me 18/20% more than using Winminer. BTW it takes a few minutes to do all this transactions and you can do it when ever you prefer.
I use Kraken, but you can use any reputable exchange of your liking, that has low fees for wiring in the currency you prefer.

take care!

I agree with what you said here. Just a few minutes of comparison is not drawing any safe conclusions. But i have watched the fluctuations in earnings and they do fluctuate a lot day to day, so it is not safe to run a system for 24 h using nicehash and then run it next day using winminer and compare. prices may go up or down by at least 10-15%. So the best way would be to run two identical cards or systems for one day and compare them. This would draw a safe conclusion. But unfortunately i do not have 2 systems to test.... Maybe someone else curious to find it out could do it.

For the moment i find that Winminer is an easy way for people who have a spare system and they need to mine easy and nice without all the trouble of making accounts, pools, wallets, keeping an eye on exchange rates etc. It is all too easy for you, but it might earn you less. However, if you have a serious system with many gpus then you'll have to try elsewere.

As for the XMR hardfork i am seeing that we are almost back to where it was (a bit higher, but it is diminishing.). Hope that things will get better...
Brexei

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:27:02 AM

I have a question now:
How does winminer exchange/sell the coins we are mining? Is it selling them real-time? Is it holding them and exchange when it is better?

I got this question because lately i am looking at the earnings vs the coins price at the current moment/day and i can't figure out how winminer is reporting earnings. For example yesterday UBQ coin went up by 40-60 % and stayed there for a few hours, while at the same time winminer was mining it for almost the same price as the previous day!! And finally my daily earnings were lower than the previous day!! So i am wondering.... is it selling the coins at a suggested or expected price and keep a safe margin for them?

Does anyone have a clue about all these? Maybe this is why other miners get a 20% higher income, compared to winminer.

Thanks.
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 12:22:15 PM

Cast XMR is already part of WinMiner  Smiley
If you have any issues with XMR Stak you can easily disable it in the miners tab.
We are waiting for Cast XMR to add Cryptonight Heavy support (for supporting Sumokoin)
Next on WinMiner's list for this family - XMrig , stay tuned Smiley

I can't see Cast XMR on my list. Maybe because of my RX550?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:20:36 AM

I have a question now:
How does winminer exchange/sell the coins we are mining? Is it selling them real-time? Is it holding them and exchange when it is better?
I got this question because lately i am looking at the earnings vs the coins price at the current moment/day and i can't figure out how winminer is reporting earnings. For example yesterday UBQ coin went up by 40-60 % and stayed there for a few hours, while at the same time winminer was mining it for almost the same price as the previous day!! And finally my daily earnings were lower than the previous day!! So i am wondering.... is it selling the coins at a suggested or expected price and keep a safe margin for them?
Does anyone have a clue about all these? Maybe this is why other miners get a 20% higher income, compared to winminer.
Thanks.

Thanks for bringing up this question - It is a great opportunity to elaborate on what is happening behind the scenes in the WinMiner operation, and believe us, there is no dull moment there.... Smiley

The first thing that is important to understand is that WinMiner is an ambitious project that aims at making the mining experience as efficient and as simple to enjoy as possible.
Mining, exchanging and turning to fiat is not that simple at all, there is no manual to it, it does not necessarily work as one can anticipate, exchanges and other partners get hacked or go on long maintenance periods every now and then, to name a few of the hurdles needed to be addressed...

WinMiner seamlessly does all of the following for its users -

- Optimize the mining process on users machines
- Operate pools for all the mined coins
- Provide a real time estimate for the value of the mined work
- Auto hedge mining profits (in USD) for WinMiner users - so that their balance does not shrink when BTC does (which happens quiet alot lately in services that use BTC as balance currency)
- Collect the mined coins
- Hedge mined coin price for coins that take hours for their maturity e.g. ZEN
- Manage multiple accounts with different exchanges and exchange mined coins into BTC
- Exchange BTC into USD
- Allow for withdrawal at any time (once a very low min balance is achieved)
- Support and maintain a wide selection of withdrawal methods

there is more, but you get the drift.. Smiley

Now on top of all the above lets look at a couple of the things that can go wrong, and they very often do so -
(1) Mining an "uncle" - sometimes the block reward for mining comes up, according to the coin protocol, considerably smaller than a standard block - that means lower mining return - e.g. ETH, ETC, UBQ etc..
(2) Some coins take a long time to mature - e.g. ZEN, ZEC - it could be several hours until the block is recieved. During that time prices may go up or down and no sale can be made..
(3) Some coins can not be sold for a long period of time - e.g. the leading exchange for ETN was on a very long (weeks) maintenance for that coin which poses a huge price exposure
(4) Hacker attacks on our platform (which happen a lot lately..)
(5) Artificial manipulation of coin mining difficulty and other attacks such as self mining (this deserves a separate post..) which may create a sharp misfit between estimated reward and value of work
and believe us there are much more...

All the above is to say, that we work very hard to make our users' life very easy and to offer a service with features like no other. We are committed to keep on doing that for you all, though we can not do magic - we can not overcome all the hurdles the crypto space throws at miners, hedge balances offer multiple withdrawals in USD and crypto and still match a theoretical number coming from a mining profitability calculator that sometimes uses not the most updated market data and always assume a frictionless perfect world.

A final comments:

When you do comparisons - make sure you compare apples to apples (e.g. is your balance hedged against BTC price drop? is USD withdrawals offered or is it only BTC? can you withdraw anytime? what is the min. withdrawal amount? how many withdrawal options you have, etc.).

We want your feedback
winminers,
We would really like to know if you be interested in a 100% crypto WinMiner type service (balance in BTC, withdrawals only in crypto) if it offered higher estimated returns (by giving up the hedging and USD withdrawal methods)?
Let your voice be heard!
Team WinMiner
viper357

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

We would really like to know if you be interested in a 100% crypto WinMiner type service (balance in BTC, withdrawals only in crypto) if it offered higher estimated returns (by giving up the hedging and USD withdrawal methods)?
Yes for me, then I would more than likely bring both of my rigs back to winminer.
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:32:40 PM

I would be interested in a coin only payment option. However I'd be more interested in payment to LTC, BCH or ETH than BTC.

SkyViper
eclark5483

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:13:08 PM

Why not 2 winminer apps (or even settings)? 1 that does USD exchanges for the user, and 1 that is dedicated for coin only. The user can select this option in the initial setup, or in the settings panel.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: