Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 03:41:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101106 times)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 02:11:15 PM

I really love this application it seems took hard time developing but,
Sadly WinMiner isn't showing real earn on BTG.
If i use BtgPool directly, i'll earn
But in winminer showing really low earnings.
Same with ETN plus Cryptonight nvidia is very buggy and doesn't work. I hope you fix this issues, i'll be try it again if it works well, i really wan't to...
Thanks for the warm words  Smiley
We totally understand your concern but it is very important to understand the difference between profit calculator data and real life mining data. While they should be pretty much the same, in reality it is not always the case, especially when it comes to new and volatile coins such as BTG.
If you look up the price of BTG at this very moment you will see that the price on Yobit is about $250 whereas on coinmarketcap.com its $158, and this is still only on paper and not a real market selling price
Recently, we had the opposite situation with ETH where calculators missed an opportunity to mine ETH that WinMiner users enjoyed.
Another recent example was a drop in the block size of EXP from 8 to 4 that was not updated on various calculators for a couple of days.

Our point is that when comparing, you have to compare the commitment behind the numbers - a calculator data has no commitment behind it (The calculator site will not commit to buy your hash power at the rate shown by the calculator) it is an estimated/theoretical number that could be very detached from real life data.

As BTG becomes more stable with greater volume and visibility the discrepancy between calculator estimates and real mining numbers should hopefully diminish.

Hope this clarifies.

Re Cryptonight nVidia - Are you referring to CCminer? is there other miner you have good experience with? e.g.  XMR-cast?

tehlemur

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 10:52:01 AM

Dear TeamWinMiner
Can you point me to some support channels.
One of my machines is not using GPU to mine at all, it is always benchmarking or Starting miner. Its been like this for few days.
nexitorned

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:45:20 AM

Re Cryptonight nVidia - Are you referring to CCminer? is there other miner you have good experience with? e.g.  XMR-cast?

I think XMR-Cast is for AMD, I would like you to add xmrMiner it work very well.

Can you add option task switch time between algorithms? and balance in btc too.

In coins a button to deactive all coins and miners too, for many rigs it's a headache configuring every algorithm (Nicehash they have'nt added this thing it would be great). The last thing is can you give us API status, in many pools they give to us a kind of api who let us introduce into android applications (Poolwatch and many others) for alert, status, balances (Like suprnova, ethermine, nanopool...)

This tips will be great for users like us especially the last.

PS: I hope you don't ignore my comment with a single thank you  Embarrassed Embarrassed
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:47:30 AM

Dear TeamWinMiner
Can you point me to some support channels.
One of my machines is not using GPU to mine at all, it is always benchmarking or Starting miner. Its been like this for few days.
Sure -  support [at] winminer.com
viper357

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:59:20 PM

Hi, are you having issues? The program doesn't seem to be able to connect? It just says "loading" where it normally shows the balance?
Cookie.Monsters

Activity: 440
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:06:49 PM

Hi, are you having issues? The program doesn't seem to be able to connect? It just says "loading" where it normally shows the balance?

I am having issues as well, apart from the website itself not being always accessible, half of my miners went to idle, restarting them or the computers does not seem to help.
SirDRagonx

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:12:45 PM

I am also having the connect issues.  Also, when it does connect my two machines mine and I checked the command window and they are mining.  The website live version shows my machines mining but my profit stays at $2.55 and doesn't move after several hours of mining.  I switched back to nicehash because I can't afford to loose profits.  I also had the problem of some of my cards going idle for a while.  System seems to unstable at the moment.  Looks like an awesome platform and similar profits to nicehash but not stable enough in my opinion.  I lost money, running my machines for several hours with no profit.  Maybe your systems are down and profit will show up later but can't trust your site yet.  For all I know, your pool kept it.  Also, if your system is down consistently and always catching up, you will loose the audience that you are shooting for.  They want to see the profit balance move.

I realize that you are still new.  I will definately support it rather than nicehash once you guys get your system more stable.  I love the idea and interface is more clean than nicehash.  Also, seems to be a bit more profit but with transfer fees may even out to nicehash.  I like the idea of being able to cash in alt coins.  You guys should add more which it looks like your doing little by little.

Keep up the good work!  Once you guys get more stable, please let me know and I'll switch for sure
SirDRagonx

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:30:27 PM

Ok, now profits showing.  I am going to run gaming PC to test further over time before I switch my rig.  Like I said once I see it stable, this is definitely a viable alternative to nicehash.
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:51:06 PM

I am also having the connect issues.  Also, when it does connect my two machines mine and I checked the command window and they are mining.  The website live version shows my machines mining but my profit stays at $2.55 and doesn't move after several hours of mining.  I switched back to nicehash because I can't afford to loose profits.  I also had the problem of some of my cards going idle for a while.  System seems to unstable at the moment.  Looks like an awesome platform and similar profits to nicehash but not stable enough in my opinion.  I lost money, running my machines for several hours with no profit.  Maybe your systems are down and profit will show up later but can't trust your site yet.  For all I know, your pool kept it.  Also, if your system is down consistently and always catching up, you will loose the audience that you are shooting for.  They want to see the profit balance move.

I realize that you are still new.  I will definately support it rather than nicehash once you guys get your system more stable.  I love the idea and interface is more clean than nicehash.  Also, seems to be a bit more profit but with transfer fees may even out to nicehash.  I like the idea of being able to cash in alt coins.  You guys should add more which it looks like your doing little by little.

Keep up the good work!  Once you guys get more stable, please let me know and I'll switch for sure

I've been a user of this program for a few months and considering how new they are they're reliability is actually really high. The past weeks instabilities are not normal and from memory something that has only become a problem over the course of the last week. Don't count them out because you just happened to start during a temporary outage.
SirDRagonx

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:53:56 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 10:12:29 PM by SirDRagonx

I am definitely not counting them out!  I realize they are new and see some great potential!  I think they can even overcome nicehash with their interface and payment options  which gives flexibility.  I am just holding out a little bit for them to stabilize again and move my rigs over to them.  I am not putting them down.  Just offering my 2 cents.  I honestly think they are doing awesome given the newness.  Just can't afford to loose money on my rigs.  I am experimenting though.

Also, I see people complaining about fees.  I use nicehash with their internal wallet and then transfer out when I have a large amount which is cheaper than going to an external wallet.  I see the profits being about the same with transfer fees including the paypal fees if you do it right.  I think this is very good alternative and hope it keeps improving because it gives people more choice.  Also nicehash all depends on the people buying the hashing power and I have seen dips at times.  With this you are mining the actual coin it seems which gets converted to dollars and if you want bitcoin then they offer an option for it and transferring even with fees comes to about the same with my calculations so far.  Winminer depends on the volatility of the coins not people buying contracts which I think is a plus and more stable in the long run in my opinion.

So all I have to say is great work and please don't take my criticism as trashing the program.  It is only to help you guys improve and I am believing in it already!  Just not convinced enough to move my operation over yet but I am confident that I will very soon after some more testing!

On another note.  The software reads all my 1070 cards and one 1080ti card on my rig.  But when it starts hashing it shows my 1080 ti hashing at the same rate at my 1070s and it shows one of my 1070s hashing at the rate that my 1080ti should be hashing.  So I get the right hash rate but the software is reporting on the wrong card.  Not sure if this is a known issue. 
DuckLord

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:25:11 AM

Hello

is there the possibility to mine with only one card? It's very important to me ... that's the only reason for me to use Nicehasch at the moment

viper357

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 06:04:46 AM

On another note.  The software reads all my 1070 cards and one 1080ti card on my rig.  But when it starts hashing it shows my 1080 ti hashing at the same rate at my 1070s and it shows one of my 1070s hashing at the rate that my 1080ti should be hashing.  So I get the right hash rate but the software is reporting on the wrong card.  Not sure if this is a known issue. 
I get the same, I emailed them about it and they said they are working on a fix for it.
bigbubba7373

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:38:05 AM

teamwinminer you need to add all the xmirg miners to your program xmirg-nvidia xmirg-amd xmirg-for cpu they have some of the best speeds
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:53:36 AM

Hello
is there the possibility to mine with only one card? It's very important to me ... that's the only reason for me to use Nicehasch at the moment
How many and what type of cards do you use on this machine?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:59:58 AM

Was this a temporary thing or is it still happening?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:13:18 AM

I've been a user of this program for a few months and considering how new they are they're reliability is actually really high. The past weeks instabilities are not normal and from memory something that has only become a problem over the course of the last week. Don't count them out because you just happened to start during a temporary outage.

Thank you for the trust and support!  Smiley

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we are experiencing strong growth and we are working hard to accommodate it. No data or profits were lost. It was a delay in writing data into the database.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 10:20:21 AM

I am definitely not counting them out!  I realize they are new and see some great potential!  I think they can even overcome nicehash with their interface and payment options  which gives flexibility.  I am just holding out a little bit for them to stabilize again and move my rigs over to them.  I am not putting them down.  Just offering my 2 cents.  I honestly think they are doing awesome given the newness.  Just can't afford to loose money on my rigs.  I am experimenting though.

Also, I see people complaining about fees.  I use nicehash with their internal wallet and then transfer out when I have a large amount which is cheaper than going to an external wallet.  I see the profits being about the same with transfer fees including the paypal fees if you do it right.  I think this is very good alternative and hope it keeps improving because it gives people more choice.  Also nicehash all depends on the people buying the hashing power and I have seen dips at times.  With this you are mining the actual coin it seems which gets converted to dollars and if you want bitcoin then they offer an option for it and transferring even with fees comes to about the same with my calculations so far.  Winminer depends on the volatility of the coins not people buying contracts which I think is a plus and more stable in the long run in my opinion.

So all I have to say is great work and please don't take my criticism as trashing the program.  It is only to help you guys improve and I am believing in it already!  Just not convinced enough to move my operation over yet but I am confident that I will very soon after some more testing!

Thank you  Smiley

We try our best, and committed to keep on at it.

It is a known issue originating from a lack of standard for GPU identification among different miner software providers...Important to remember that this does not have any negative impact on profits...Will be fixed.
hes21

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 11:54:33 AM

I've got 2 card in my computer - an old Radeon 2600 XT and a new GTX 1060.
I was thinking I'd use the 2600 as I normally would for Windows, and let the 1060 be dedicated for mining.

As I understand it, winminer doesn't yet allow deselecting a card for mining.

Am I better off:
a) leaving both cards in, or
b) remove the 2600, and use the 1060 to drive my display and mine?

I'm guessing mining on both is a waste of money, and I see no benefit from a dedicated card for running my monitor as it's mining on it anyway.

h
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:07:29 PM

I've got 2 card in my computer - an old Radeon 2600 XT and a new GTX 1060.
I was thinking I'd use the 2600 as I normally would for Windows, and let the 1060 be dedicated for mining.
As I understand it, winminer doesn't yet allow deselecting a card for mining.
Am I better off:
a) leaving both cards in, or
b) remove the 2600, and use the 1060 to drive my display and mine?
I'm guessing mining on both is a waste of money, and I see no benefit from a dedicated card for running my monitor as it's mining on it anyway.
h
Great news - you can have your cake and eat it too  Smiley

While we do not yet fully support deselecting GPUs, in your specific case (since one of your cards is nVidia and the other AMD), you should be able to deselect one of them.

Once you do that, please ignore the warning message that will show re unsupported partial operation.

hes21

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 12:17:56 PM

Once you do that, please ignore the warning message that will show re unsupported partial operation.

Awesome Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: