Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:31:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101099 times)
mdatot

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:31:29 PM

I've experimented a bit with CPU mining and I think there's something odd going on with mining ETN on the CPU. Sometimes I get the expected hash rate, but quite often when the miner starts, I've observed that the first attempt to connect to the pool fails, and then it seems to be given shares at an abnormally low rate, resulting in maybe 75% of the hash rate I'd expect, or sometimes even lower. Restarting the miner a few times sometimes fixes it, but not always. Happens both with the xmr-stak miner and with Claymore's Cryptonight miner. Anyone else experience the same issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheMightySpud

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

I'm not having that issue, but something very odd that I have seen on my 'part time' mining machine.

My Ryzen 1800x mines way faster than the GTX980 that's in there. lol.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:35:58 AM

I'm not having that issue, but something very odd that I have seen on my 'part time' mining machine.

My Ryzen 1800x mines way faster than the GTX980 that's in there. lol.
lol similar situation here. My Ryzen 1500X sometimes performs better than my 1050Ti.

On another note, for the WinMiner staff, regarding the update. Kudos to you, keep up the good work! Any chance to see any of my suggestions being realised someday in the future? Best regards
deepshadeofred

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:38:02 AM

Ok, really hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on why I'm having the issues I'm having with Winminer on my computer. I'm new to mining, but I've done a ton of searching and just can't find anything to help me out.

I have an ASUS AMD A10-7800, 2TB HDD, 12GB DDR3, with Radeon R7 Integrated Graphics. Originally had a GTX 1050 in there as well, then upgraded to an RX 470 8GB, and still having problems, they're just happening faster now...

In a nutshell: computer crashes every time I try to run Winminer, usually within about 2 or 3 minutes, a couple times it ran for up to half an hour before it crashed.

And it hasn't been just one type of error, it's been several:
-Blue screen with 'Thread Stuck in Device Driver' error
-Blue screen with a couple other error messages
-Just freezing, no error screen, requiring forced reboot

I had emailed the Winminer team with questions, and I'm still waiting to hear back from my last email. Their first suggestion to me was to check Event Viewer, find an error with Winminer as the cause, and then give them the details on the error message. Problem is, no error messages show Winminer as the direct cause, but the crashes only happen when it is running. I can play a game for an hour with no issues, but 2 minutes into mining and I'm rebooting once again.

Various error messages within Event Viewer/Windows:
-AODDriver 4.3 service
-AMDFuel Service
-RTK GATT service
-RTK GAP service
-atikmdag.sys Page Fault in Nonpaged Area
-amdkmdap

Things we've tried:
-updating drivers
-updating Windows
-updating BIOS
-fresh install of Winminer
-fresh install of Windows
-downloading AMD software like Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition

PLEASE...does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong and how I can get this sorted out? It is making me absolutely mental.
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:17:15 AM

Ok, really hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on why I'm having the issues I'm having with Winminer on my computer. I'm new to mining, but I've done a ton of searching and just can't find anything to help me out.

I have an ASUS AMD A10-7800, 2TB HDD, 12GB DDR3, with Radeon R7 Integrated Graphics. Originally had a GTX 1050 in there as well, then upgraded to an RX 470 8GB, and still having problems, they're just happening faster now...

In a nutshell: computer crashes every time I try to run Winminer, usually within about 2 or 3 minutes, a couple times it ran for up to half an hour before it crashed.

I had emailed the Winminer team with questions, and I'm still waiting to hear back from my last email. Their first suggestion to me was to check Event Viewer, find an error with Winminer as the cause, and then give them the details on the error message. Problem is, no error messages show Winminer as the direct cause, but the crashes only happen when it is running. I can play a game for an hour with no issues, but 2 minutes into mining and I'm rebooting once again.

-AODDriver 4.3 service
-AMDFuel Service
-RTK GATT service
-RTK GAP service
-amdkmdap

Things we've tried:
-updating drivers
-updating Windows
-updating BIOS

PLEASE...does anyone have any ideas what's going wrong and how I can get this sorted out? It is making me absolutely mental.

have you tried to disable the R7 Radeon Graphics card just in case? -if that can be done, just wondering...- Maybe it runs into some kind of incompatibility with the main graphics card when mining, or it can't mine..
deepshadeofred

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:24:47 AM

-AODDriver 4.3 service
-AMDFuel Service
-RTK GATT service
-RTK GAP service
-amdkmdap

Things we've tried:
-updating drivers
-updating Windows
-updating BIOS

have you tried to disable the R7 Radeon Graphics card just in case? -if that can be done, just wondering...- Maybe it runs into some kind of incompatibility with the main graphics card when mining, or it can't mine..

Do you mean the driver, or disable it on Winminer?
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:44:48 AM

-AODDriver 4.3 service
-AMDFuel Service
-RTK GATT service
-RTK GAP service
-amdkmdap

Things we've tried:
-updating drivers
-updating Windows
-updating BIOS

Disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS.
deepshadeofred

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:30:59 AM

-AODDriver 4.3 service
-AMDFuel Service
-RTK GATT service
-RTK GAP service
-amdkmdap

Things we've tried:
-updating drivers
-updating Windows
-updating BIOS

Disable the integrated graphics in the BIOS.

I can't disable it in the BIOS because the GPU is a mining edition with no video output, but I did disable it under Device Manager and WAHOO! It seems to be working! It's been more than an hour now and so far it hasn't frozen. Thank you so much!
TheMightySpud

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:09:39 AM

So, this is now driving me absolutely insane.

I had a play around with a couple of things last night on my rig.

The 295x2 issue seems to be kinda sorted, bit weird as I just moved cards around in slots and it seemed to improve.

Only problem now is that my Vega is pathetic. lol.

See the attached pic for details.  No matter which slot the Vega goes into, the performance isn't anywhere near where it should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ya7mh65m4kz3h/mining.png?dl=0

Rig setup....

Biostar TB250-BTC (non-pro)
CPU - Intel Celeron 3950 (From memory anyway, could have that model wrong)
16gb Hyper-X DDR 2400
128gb OCZ SSD
EVGA 1000watt PSU
Corsair 1200watt PSU
1x nVidia GTX 980
1x nVidia GTX 1050ti (Also Display Card)
2x AMD R9 Fury
1x AMD R295x2
1x AMD RX Vega 56 (stock Bios, secondary bios flashed to Vega 64, not tested)

No overclocking.

All GPU's Connected Via Risers.

I've tweaked the settings for the Claymore miner (Eth intensity set to 4, secondary set to 30).

I know it's not an ideal rig in terms of power/benefit, but I'm using this to experiment and learn how it all works before getting a full rig set up and it's still profitable.

As I said it's really driving me nuts, so does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
TheMightySpud
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:29:43 AM

@TeamWinMiner: What about withdrawals? I've withdrawn $10 to my electroneum wallet more than a day ago
on winminer website and it's not shown in my wallet.
I wrote e-mail about it to winminer support, got no answer. What is going on?
Electroneum wallet transfer is not currently supported as a payment method. (The "other" tab is for users wish list - and we noted your addition to the wish list Smiley)
Please use one of the supported methods.
Please also check for support email response to you.

lkelemen

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:02:25 PM

@TeamWinMiner: What about withdrawals? I've withdrawn $10 to my electroneum wallet more than a day ago
on winminer website and it's not shown in my wallet.
I wrote e-mail about it to winminer support, got no answer. What is going on?
Electroneum wallet transfer is not currently supported as a payment method. (The "other" tab is for users wish list - and we noted your addition to the wish list Smiley)
Please use one of the supported methods.
Please also check for support email response to you.

I used paypal to withdraw.
Thanks
Lajos
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:23:54 PM

So, this is now driving me absolutely insane.

I had a play around with a couple of things last night on my rig.

The 295x2 issue seems to be kinda sorted, bit weird as I just moved cards around in slots and it seemed to improve.

Only problem now is that my Vega is pathetic. lol.

See the attached pic for details.  No matter which slot the Vega goes into, the performance isn't anywhere near where it should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52ya7mh65m4kz3h/mining.png?dl=0

Rig setup....

Biostar TB250-BTC (non-pro)
CPU - Intel Celeron 3950 (From memory anyway, could have that model wrong)
16gb Hyper-X DDR 2400
128gb OCZ SSD
EVGA 1000watt PSU
Corsair 1200watt PSU
1x nVidia GTX 980
1x nVidia GTX 1050ti (Also Display Card)
2x AMD R9 Fury
1x AMD R295x2
1x AMD RX Vega 56 (stock Bios, secondary bios flashed to Vega 64, not tested)

No overclocking.

All GPU's Connected Via Risers.

I've tweaked the settings for the Claymore miner (Eth intensity set to 4, secondary set to 30).

I know it's not an ideal rig in terms of power/benefit, but I'm using this to experiment and learn how it all works before getting a full rig set up and it's still profitable.

As I said it's really driving me nuts, so does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
TheMightySpud
use the Blockchain drivers for Vega -without AMD Wattman, just the driver-, enable and disable the Vega 56 in your Device Manager to get it to full speed. Also use OverdriveNTool. You have more info on that in the Cast XMR thread of this forum. Plus, with Vega it is a good idea to mine only coins that use the Cryptonight algorithm.
TheMightySpud

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:26:25 PM

Oh cool.

Thanks for the info.  I am currently using the Blockchain drivers, but will try without Wattman.  Thanks Smiley

As far as I am aware, it's not currently possible to mine different coins with the same manufacturer (unless I'm missing something)

Again, Thanks for the info.

TheMightySpud
Favelle1975

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:55:38 PM

For the life of me, I can't get my Vega 56's to mine more than 900h/s on ETN using Winminer. I have the Blockchain driver, HBCC turned on, memory at 950mhz, yet they still basically run at stocks speeds.

Any tips on configuring differently? I don't want to BIOS mod to a 64, and I'd be happy hitting around 1400-1600 h/s.

Thanks! Include an address for a tip if you can help me solve this!
Favelle1975

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:24:16 PM

Balance issues again I see....

WinMiner is on the cusp of greatness....I really think it could be an outstanding platform. Imagine if they offered PoW services as well?
BlivAK

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:06:59 PM

For the life of me, I can't get my Vega 56's to mine more than 900h/s on ETN using Winminer. I have the Blockchain driver, HBCC turned on, memory at 950mhz, yet they still basically run at stocks speeds.

Any tips on configuring differently? I don't want to BIOS mod to a 64, and I'd be happy hitting around 1400-1600 h/s.

Thanks! Include an address for a tip if you can help me solve this!

Every time you restart your pc, before launching your miner, go to Device manager, disable and enable the graphics card. Then run miner.
GetDatEth

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

Balance issues again I see....

WinMiner is on the cusp of greatness....I really think it could be an outstanding platform. Imagine if they offered PoW services as well?

Yup, 4 hours delay and counting.
PassiTheApe

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:16:17 PM

Somehow my winminer is stuck at 7.51$ for several hours now although I'm mining with ~ 3$/day. I checked the website and its stuck there as well. Relaunching the miner or stopping and starting didn't change anything -
 still stuck. Whats going on?

(Win 10, R5 1600X, GeForce 1050 Ti, 16GB RAM)

15oK8nTR7UhycbEhVK7GydVhJd518tLqrP
Favelle1975

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:46:44 PM

Look back on the last 20 posts....numerous people have pointed out that the balances are currently stuck.
TheMightySpud

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:50:01 PM

There was a reply from the WinMiner guys yesterday explaining a database performance issue (I think, I may be remembering incorrectly about the reason).

TheMightySpud
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: