Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
skyviper80

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:44:11 AM

Is the crypto market going down having any connection with winminer profitability being decreased ?? Cause i've noticed the same ?? Huh Huh

Anyone ?? Would really like to know this

Yes they are directly related.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maknom66

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:17:56 AM

Is the crypto market going down having any connection with winminer profitability being decreased ?? Cause i've noticed the same ?? Huh Huh

Thanks for the prompt reply mate  Grin

Has anyone recently compared WinMiner with (the revived) Nicehash in terms of performance / yield?

For yield, no. Not in awhile.

For performance, I can tell you out of Nicehash, Winminer, & Minergate that Winminer is currently the least stable. Let me be clear that Winminer is my favorite of the 3, but it is unfortunately very buggy.

I use Minergate on some of my low end systems with AMD GPU's since it is the most productive with those setups. Many people say that Minergate "steals" hashrate from you. I don't know if they are, but it is more productive than Nicehash or Winminer on those particular machines because it uses the GPU that they won't. I can say that Minergate by far is the most stable software though. I have machines that have run Minergate for weeks without a single reboot or crash. Actually I don't think I've seen Minergate crash EVER, and remember I only use it on my most crappy hardware.

I use Nicehash on my more powerful machines that I can't babysit daily. It seems to produce about the same as Winminer after all is said and done, but I have not done a thorough test. But anecdotally I can say they are very close. Like I said I only use it on machines that I can't get to everyday, and it does crash now and then. But it picks up where it left off after a reboot, so I can "set it and forget it" and generally not lose more than 12 hours, even after a crash.

As for Winminer, it is my favorite and I am behind them 100%, but man oh man the bugs are frustrating. Across about 30 machines that are about as diverse as they can be Winminer crashes ALLOT. On many of my machines it crashes multiple times daily. And something in the last 4 or 5 updates (that all came out in the last two days) is really messing up my 1070 and 1080 machines. 2 or 3 now won't GPU mine at all since they get an "ethminer has stopped working" crash over and over again. Much worse is that after after a crash, Winminer often "forgets" all its settings, so even if I have it set to autorun after a reboot, it won't start mining until I re-enter all the setup details. I lost *days* of mining on some of my machines due to this, which is why I had to go back to Nicehash with them. I've seen several other people complain about this same issue on various forums so I am sure their support is aware of it.

Again, Winminer is my favorite, even with the bugs, and I expect they will all get sorted sooner or later.

Even I agree with you mate, I've also used both winminer as well as Nicehash, the experience of Nicehash is really good, although there is something about winminer which makes me stick to it. The new update of winminer looks really appealing.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:04:37 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply mate  Grin

Has anyone recently compared WinMiner with (the revived) Nicehash in terms of performance / yield?

For performance, I can tell you out of Nicehash, Winminer, & Minergate that Winminer is currently the least stable. Let me be clear that Winminer is my favorite of the 3, but it is unfortunately very buggy.

I use Minergate on some of my low end systems with AMD GPU's since it is the most productive with those setups. Many people say that Minergate "steals" hashrate from you. I don't know if they are, but it is more productive than Nicehash or Winminer on those particular machines because it uses the GPU that they won't. I can say that Minergate by far is the most stable software though. I have machines that have run Minergate for weeks without a single reboot or crash. Actually I don't think I've seen Minergate crash EVER, and remember I only use it on my most crappy hardware.

I use Nicehash on my more powerful machines that I can't babysit daily. It seems to produce about the same as Winminer after all is said and done, but I have not done a thorough test. But anecdotally I can say they are very close. Like I said I only use it on machines that I can't get to everyday, and it does crash now and then. But it picks up where it left off after a reboot, so I can "set it and forget it" and generally not lose more than 12 hours, even after a crash.

As for Winminer, it is my favorite and I am behind them 100%, but man oh man the bugs are frustrating. Across about 30 machines that are about as diverse as they can be Winminer crashes ALLOT. On many of my machines it crashes multiple times daily. And something in the last 4 or 5 updates (that all came out in the last two days) is really messing up my 1070 and 1080 machines. 2 or 3 now won't GPU mine at all since they get an "ethminer has stopped working" crash over and over again. Much worse is that after after a crash, Winminer often "forgets" all its settings, so even if I have it set to autorun after a reboot, it won't start mining until I re-enter all the setup details. I lost *days* of mining on some of my machines due to this, which is why I had to go back to Nicehash with them. I've seen several other people complain about this same issue on various forums so I am sure their support is aware of it.

Again, Winminer is my favorite, even with the bugs, and I expect they will all get sorted sooner or later.

Even I agree with you mate, I've also used both winminer as well as Nicehash, the experience of Nicehash is really good, although there is something about winminer which makes me stick to it. The new update of winminer looks really appealing.
cool, yes, same here. I prefer WinMiner, it has lots of potential, and the interface is very cool. Mining wise, is like a 29% slower than Nicehash for the most part (if you perform the Precise benchmark on Nicehash), I think? Both programs depend on market fluctuations, so in that sense they are very similar.

I am testing both programs and that's what I found out. Lately I am using Nicehash but would like to go back to WinMiner, we shall see. I miss certain features and how potentially good it can be.

best regards
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:16:06 AM

Thank you for the support and for the very important feedback!! 
We would really like to try and sort out the issues you have described so you would be able to enjoy a productive and stable experience with WinMiner - would be great if you could send us a quick note to support [at] winminer .com , we will take it from there and work with you to iron out the issues.

Cookie.Monsters

Activity: 440
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:08:15 PM

Wow, thank you for an exhaustive yet compact report of your findings with different types of machines and setups using WinMiner, Nicehash and Minergate. WinMiner is also my favourite in general, but for stability issues (particularly after Nicehash was hacked which drove many people to WinMiner which in turn was overwhelmed by the member influx; this is not any issue anymore), I mostly moved towards "manual" mining.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:12:39 PM

Guys,

Need your help with updating the WinMiner wishlist for best mining software:

1. CPU Mining software
2. GPU Mining software
3. Weak machines (weak CPUs and GPUs with under 2GB)

We are looking for miner software, not currently on WinMiner, that you are using or have used or are aware of, that perform great (The more info you can provide the better - link, expected performance command line etc.)
We want to add them so you can enjoy them.

Thanks  Smiley
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:49:41 PM

sgminer is pretty good at mining Cryptonight, almost 1900H/s on a Vega, and Cast XMR is also very good -although I mentioned it before-. XMR Stak CPU seems to be the best for CPUs but I don't have the settings at hand now.

Cast XMR is pretty easy to tune. Although not as easy, XMR Stak GPU let's you reach heaven with the tweaks below.
For example;
               "threads": 2,
               "rawintensity": 944,
               "worksize": 8
When you have "threads: 1" then you have to change "rawintensity: 1888" but "threads: 2" gives better results (for Vega , haven't tried with other cards)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:43:53 PM

sgminer is pretty good at mining Cryptonight, almost 1900H/s on a Vega, and Cast XMR is also very good -although I mentioned it before-. XMR Stak CPU seems to be the best for CPUs but I don't have the settings at hand now.
Cast XMR is pretty easy to tune. Although not as easy, XMR Stak GPU let's you reach heaven with the tweaks below.
For example;
               "threads": 2,
               "rawintensity": 944,
               "worksize": 8
When you have "threads: 1" then you have to change "rawintensity: 1888" but "threads: 2" gives better results (for Vega , haven't tried with other cards)
Thank you!
Noted and much appreciated!
Cast XMR is in final integration stage (waiting for a small change by its developer)
JKresty

Activity: 17

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 05:58:41 PM

I have a lot in the past couple days. I have done direct comparison to NiceHash and WinMiner in terms of hash speeds and yield.

I do not have the crashing problems mentioned by others on either platform.

I'm compiling the details for a video, but will provide the short of my findings.

** I haven't edited any configs in either miner app, I plan to do so and test again

NiceHash :

- CryptoNight is significantly slower in comparison to Pool mining and Winminer in my experience
- NiceHash wouldn't recognize the CPU , where as Pool and Winminer had no issue using certain drivers. The success rate of drivers working was higher on Winminer in my testing.

Most appealing is the NiceHash 0 fee transfer to CoinBase, and then the ability to 0 fee limit sell on CoinBase or Gdax and withdraw to bank with an aprox 3 day wait.

WinMiner

- Likes to default to ETN which in my testing was not the highest profitability coin, I suppose this could be worked around by setting the priority of the miners and device, but in my opinion defeats the purpose of autoswitching at time when ETN is the highest profitability.
- CPU and GPU speeds were almost identical to manual mining application I tested against XMR Stak
- I find I need to clear benchmark to manually trigger a worker to change currency, even at the lowest switching %

Most appealing is PayPal payouts, the fee is a bit more than I would like, but the ease of use and speed I like, aprox. 5min trip to my Paypal account, and I'm swiping away on purchases.

I would like to see WinMiner partner with a large exchange and offer 0 fee transfers, or mirror NiceHash Coinbase relationship.

As of right now my rigs are on Winminer with intent to payout to PayPal to reinvest in hardware.

azorahai

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:49:00 AM

Hi, please could you deactivate 2FA since I had a problem with my mobile device and I have lost all my data and now I can not access my winminer account
_Dejan_

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:09:24 PM

Hi, please could you deactivate 2FA since I had a problem with my mobile device and I have lost all my data and now I can not access my winminer account

Probably if you want to do that you must contact them with registered email ...

Q2C: GfFqmNJmoXi4TGvXugRGrHL9yiN4NBwhvX
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:32:57 PM

Just got a new 1080 card for gaming, but since it is was so overpriced I thought I'd mine a bit to make it "cheaper". But on winminer I can only get around 1,7 dollars a day(Barely more than my old 7950). While on nicehash I get 2,7. Ver sayd, because I would prefer to use winminer over nicehash.
JKresty

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:43:18 PM

Is there a way currently to set a device to mine a specific coin?

In the Coin menu you can choose the coins, but not what device mines which coin.

Or am I missing something in "job decision" that will do this?

Thanks
skyviper80

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:50:28 PM

Is there a way currently to set a device to mine a specific coin?

In the Coin menu you can choose the coins, but not what device mines which coin.

Or am I missing something in "job decision" that will do this?

Thanks

No there is not a way to do what you are asking.
CutterKin

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:07:02 PM

Just got a new 1080 card for gaming, but since it is was so overpriced I thought I'd mine a bit to make it "cheaper". But on winminer I can only get around 1,7 dollars a day(Barely more than my old 7950). While on nicehash I get 2,7. Ver sayd, because I would prefer to use winminer over nicehash.

Be careful as I have found both Nicehash and Minergate to be overly optimistic with their predicted payouts and profitability calculators. WinMiner's live dashboard has been the most accurate at showing actual payouts for me.

Also, I mine for cash, not coins. There is a huge value to me in being paid (via PayPal option) in USD, rather than going through the hassle of selling coins on an exchange. Consider your own end goal when picking out a miner.
mo35

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:45:10 PM

nice looking client, easy setup , lots of withdraw options ... but for AMD. Lack of phi , bitcore , neoscrypt , x17 , so on ... doesnt realy make it apealing for Nvidia setups. Have any plans for implementing thos algos?
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:17:17 PM

Be careful as I have found both Nicehash and Minergate to be overly optimistic with their predicted payouts and profitability calculators. WinMiner's live dashboard has been the most accurate at showing actual payouts for me.

Also, I mine for cash, not coins. There is a huge value to me in being paid (via PayPal option) in USD, rather than going through the hassle of selling coins on an exchange. Consider your own end goal when picking out a miner.

Yeah that is true. I love the paypal option. I've just been dabbling a bit back and forth and noticed the big difference.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:04:44 PM

Just added Payeer to our wide list of payout methods.

Enjoy!! Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:41:30 PM

Just added CastXMR (v1.109a)

So you can mine Monero, Electroneum, Sumo with up to 2000 Hash/s on Radeon Vega GPUs.

Happy mining!  Smiley
JKresty

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 02:46:21 PM

Just added CastXMR (v1.109a)

So you can mine Monero, Electroneum, Sumo with up to 2000 Hash/s on Radeon Vega GPUs.

Happy mining!  Smiley

Keep em coming!
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: