Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:25:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101103 times)
mdatot

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:51:53 PM

Yeah, they've been having some database issues over the last few days, probably due to unusually high traffic (mining profits are very high at the moment). If it's anything like the previous times this has happened it's just a delay, no data or rewards have been lost and it'll catch back up again in a bit.
GetDatEth

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:57:12 PM

There was a reply from the WinMiner guys yesterday explaining a database performance issue (I think, I may be remembering incorrectly about the reason).

TheMightySpud

Yea they did. They also replied to a support ticket I raised about it, explaining they had a database issues and no data is lost.

I like the app, as daily earnings have been accurate. I hope they sort out soon.
Cyan_Antares

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:54:10 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 03:05:34 AM by Cyan_Antares

It seems to be working fine now. Is there a way to edit XMR Stak settings for WinMiner? (my bad I meant the GPU version, the version in WinMiner is only for the CPU)
fahadaziz321

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:35:24 AM

Can We Run this software portable on a old computer  Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ 2GB Ram DDR2
OR NOT ?
OR IT WILL BE VERY LESS EARNING ? AND ELECTRICITY COST WILL BE MORE ?

IF WE RUN THIS PORTABLE SOFTWARE ON CORE 2 DUO 2.8 GHZ 2GB RAM EVERY NIGHT FROM 9 PM TO NEXT DAY 9 AM MORNING  WHEN COMPUTER IS NOT USED BY SOMEONE
THAN WHAT WILL BE EARNING PER DAY ?

You will earn with this old CPU not very much. Maybe round about 5-10 Cents when you mine 24h a day. Use a GPU when you want to earn something or a good CPU like AMD Ryzen 7 1800.

Grin Shocked  You Mean If I run win miner software with my core 2 duo laptop  not for 12 hours, But 24 Hours a day than I will Earn only 5 to 10 cents ? Not a Single or Half Dollar ? than there is no advantage on mining on this old laptop core 2 duo  

I think we must have at least corei5 laptop or desktop for mining   what do u think ?
Eisenkopf89

Activity: 262
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:25:56 AM

A mining App for Tablet or Smartphone would be also a great thing in the future. Great Software until now and way better then Nicehack. Good job guys!
Kroschak

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:41:41 AM

Thanks for all your effort you put into Winminer. I really appreciate it!
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:48:08 AM

Can We Run this software portable on a old computer  Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHZ 2GB Ram DDR2
OR NOT ?

IF WE RUN THIS PORTABLE SOFTWARE ON CORE 2 DUO 2.8 GHZ 2GB RAM EVERY NIGHT FROM 9 PM TO NEXT DAY 9 AM MORNING  WHEN COMPUTER IS NOT USED BY SOMEONE

You will earn with this old CPU not very much. Maybe round about 5-10 Cents when you mine 24h a day. Use a GPU when you want to earn something or a good CPU like AMD Ryzen 7 1800.

Grin Shocked  You Mean If I run win miner software with my core 2 duo laptop  not for 12 hours, But 24 Hours a day than I will Earn only 5 to 10 cents ? Not a Single or Half Dollar ? than there is no advantage on mining on this old laptop core 2 duo  

I think we must have at least corei5 laptop or desktop for mining   what do u think ?

Refer to this if you're thinking of mining with your notebook

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/01/06/mining-using-notebooks/
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:13:30 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 10:58:10 PM by Cyan_Antares

some more suggestions  Smiley based on my findings.. WinMiner Portable isn't as convenient as the classic install version because if there is a power cut, when Windows starts up again WinMiner Portable loses its settings. Which means...everything, from the mining mode -even if you had set it to Farm Mode- to the coins you manually set to mine (I usually choose Cryptonight based coins for the Vega cards, sometimes I set it to All Coins, it depends) and even your email settings and password, so you must set those again! -which can be quite the chore-

It happened to me today twice because the weather has been stormy and I lost a bit of time of mining because when I checked the rig it was doing nothing at all.

An additional suggestion, could we please have a setting to manually choose the coins we want to mine based on the algorithm?  Kiss It is a chore to manually set the coins you prefer to mine, and sometimes you forget a new coin that might be using the algorithm you prefer to mine.

For instance, my rig has 5 Vega 64 cards and I prefer to use them to mine Cryptonight related coins. Sometimes it's not easy to track which coins are Cryptonight based and which aren't, and I go to Whattomine and filter by algo, but it's not the most efficient way. So a filter like that would be welcome.
mdatot

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:36:36 PM

An additional suggestion, could we please have a setting to manually choose the coins we want to mine based on the algorithm?  Kiss It is a chore to manually set the coins you prefer to mine, and sometimes you forget a new coin that might be using the algorithm you prefer to mine.

For instance, my rig has 5 Vega 64 cards and I prefer to use them to mine Cryptonight related coins. Sometimes it's not easy to track which coins are Cryptonight based and which aren't, and I go to Whattomine and filter by algo, but it's not the most efficient way. So a filter like that would be welcome.

To do that, rather than restricting which coins you mine, you can restrict which miners you use. If you only want to mine cryptonight, just untick all the other miners in the "miners" tab.
fahadaziz321

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:39:12 PM

OR NOT ?

ok its not good to mine with a laptop but do you think a corei5 CPU is enough for mining using win miner ?
viper357

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:45:28 PM

OR NOT ?

ok its not good to mine with a laptop but do you think a corei5 CPU is enough for mining using win miner ?
I have a core i5 in my laptop and I only got a few cents per day. Just download and run winminer on your laptop then you will know.
Favelle1975

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

OR NOT ?

Try it and find out. Takes less than a minute to set up. Then you can tell us whether its worth it or not.

I have an i5 4330 at 3Ghz and it gives me 40-50 cents a day. I also have a Ryzen 1700 at 3.9Ghz and it gives me $1.50-$1.70 per day.

Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:15:20 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 12:46:47 AM by Cyan_Antares

To do that, rather than restricting which coins you mine, you can restrict which miners you use. If you only want to mine cryptonight, just untick all the other miners in the "miners" tab.
thanks  for the idea. Still, I am not sure it is the best option if you just want the program to switch to another coin whether it is Cryptonight or not and choose the option to mine all coins, just to find out that the program can only use some specific miners.

If you can switch to a coin based on the algorithm rather than on the miner, when you select to mine all coins, you can mine them naturally, using the most adequate miner for the job.
cheaptacotuesday

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:26:21 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 06:39:37 AM by cheaptacotuesday

My Intel i7 3770K @ 4.2GHz is making $1.10 right now surprisingly (it settled on ETN).  It's about 75% in usage, since I'm using the PC at the same time. Was making around $0.70 or so usually a few weeks ago.  Just doing this casually.

Also, fun enough, WinMiner also supports my GTX 650 Ti. Makes waaay less than my CPU but still, cool to see it functioning making a quarter or more here and there, unlike NiceHash. So thanks for that (devs).  

One feature I would like is a way to set max usage percentage easier for a device. I figured out how to do it a bit with certain miners (text editing) for the CPU. But for the GPU, I can't seem to get it right or at all.  Often I'm not sure what number value I should put in the texts.  It gets used 100%, which is normally fine. But would love to say have it at 75% for example, so I can still browse a bit on the PC.  I know normally you dedicate the setup to mine 100% but would love a bit more easier option on this for a casual like me. I believe NiceHash had a feature like this.
Cyan_Antares

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:32:37 PM

when will we get mobile support? That would be great, a brother of mine asked me about that when he saw the program and wanted to use it but tried to download the app in his iPhone (I have a Windows Phone) and he didnt find it.
GetDatEth

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:00:30 PM

Hi ...

I'am new on this forum but i read a lot of the thins post here ...

So my problem:

I need to make this settings to make work my RX 560 with 2gb ram:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Without this settings winminer won't start to mine.

I found file start.bat in c:\User\xxx\AppData\Local\Winminer\Miners\Claymore....\
then i tried to remove word REM and save file after that restart winminer

Doesn't work becouse winminer replace start.bat with another.

Please help me how to make this settings

Thank you

The DAG file for ETH is currently at 2.27GB, it won't fit on your 2GB card. Can't mine ETH on it AFAIK.
LJ2017

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:45:51 AM

Why did you raise the ETH min. to $20 ? That sucks
Xenomole

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:56:15 AM

devs, please look into adding VIVO. it seems to be a profitable coin to mine. Thanks.
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:12:47 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 06:06:23 AM by AlexanderDumas

I used Winminer for the first time a few months ago, and it was my first time ever mining from a PC and I am grateful that  this user friendly software allowed me to mine in few minutes from downloading the software. Also it offers really nice payment options.
It basically made me discover that is really possible to get paid for the use of my PC.

Then after a week I upgraded to 2 Radeon Vega and from there I began exploring the best use for them and stop using Winminer and began pool mining and later on NiceHash.
To make a long story short, now I have a new hobby with a few rigs with Vegas and X580 and I exclusively mine on pools with dedicated software and Nicehash, but only when their Criptonight "coin" is very high. However Also on Nicehash I mine with my software (Cast miner) to their pool. I do not use their software, bacause like Winminer, their settings need to be generic for working on almost any PC that they are downloaded to, therefore they cannot be tailored for your specific GPU and you loose quite a bit of performance.

Today I tested again Winminer for a couple of hours on one rig with 6 vegas and although I was getting the right hashing for Ethereum of 43Mhs per card, the projected payout was less than 5 usd per card, instead of 6.5 usd that I would have got mining on a Ethereum Pool at the same exact time. Same for Pirl.
I had noticed the same mining Monero 2 months back, which was the reason for stop using Winminer.
For Ethereum, I use the exact same software (Claymore 10.0) which is also what Winminer uses under the hood. Today the payout should have been very similar.
Beside, today I tried to mine the Cryptonight algo with Electroneum or Sumo , but winminer could not even connect to a pool at that moment that I have tested.
Electroneum and Sumo are the most profitable coins at the moment of writing, yet winminer could not even get them to work.

Bottom line, if you are new to mining and you have just a PC with one GPU or a couple of old GPUs and want to make a few bucks, Winminer is a good option, especially for the easy set up and check out they allow you to have.
Yet if you have anything better than 2 GPU, is worth taking some time of learning how to mine directly to a large mining pool.

Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:22:31 PM

Sometimes with certain coins my gpu just stays on device detected(or moves on to mining but it's just 0 h/s) and never moves on and actually starts to mine.

Anyone else with this issue ? Today zen just won't start.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: