Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Go To College ???  (Read 28113 times)
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

Go to collage but as much as possible never do it on a loan. If I were you, after your sh years you stop schooling for awhile and try to earn money. You can start practicing the things you love right now and then get a part time job online.
jettaheader

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:14:37 PM

Going to college will open your mind and opportunities. And some gals panties.
iceblasto

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

I have a lot of understanding about innovation and development of financial freedom without going through the pattern of higher education and civilization, bitcoin gave me that vision. At first I felt very lost, but now I am sure with what I do.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:43:41 AM

Definitely you should go for an education not only for the economic part, the people and experiences that can know can give you some purpose in life and significanse.
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:13:54 AM

Definitely you should go for an education not only for the economic part, the people and experiences that can know can give you some purpose in life and significanse.

Its not more on education nowadays. To get a decent paying job, you have to have a diploma to show your would be employers and bosses. Some would even prefer specific colleges where you went to. The market for jobs is a vast jungle and one of the requirements you should have to survive would be a degree, whatevee degree that might be. So kids now don't really have a choice but to go to college.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 01:37:00 PM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?
As far as I know, most people believed that taking step into college is a stepping stone to achieve people dream's in life.
Therefore, once you become a degree holder you can get an easy opportunity to apply your profession. But that's not true because the company now is not just looking or checking only if you are a degree holder but also checking the university you graduated that's the competition nowadays.
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:25:13 PM

Hi everyone,

As far as I know, most people believed that taking step into college is a stepping stone to achieve people dream's in life.
Therefore, once you become a degree holder you can get an easy opportunity to apply your profession. But that's not true because the company now is not just looking or checking only if you are a degree holder but also checking the university you graduated that's the competition nowadays.
Of course competition in the labour market is very large, but it's good. This will force you not just to attend College and study well. If you have abilities that employment problems will not be. To some extent this will help able young people to gain a coveted position in the company which previously could take mediocrity.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:28:52 PM

Hi everyone,

Well yes mostly having a degree will give you a job.  But like what you said th3 best candidate to have a good salary and can be given a job is an applicant that came from a good and well known school.  But that does not mean that if you graduated from a school which is not that known you will not have a job.  Finishing your college is a good way for you to have an income. 
basesaw

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:07:29 PM

Hi everyone,

For some country it is true but when you have showed a good resume or some projects you have worked before. then they might consider you and hire you as one of their team. Still this days many employers preffered skilled workers and workers that has something to show not just the name of their university.
oberotek

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:17:25 PM

no you should to jerk off at home lol
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:39:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I think this decision did not need any other person than you. You should go to college because you most get education. If you did not go to school, you will become a puppy in the hands of elites and politicians children in the future. Don't allow the enticement of money to deceive you in the place of education.
nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:37:20 PM

Hi everyone,

In my case as an IT, college was just a boost of confidence doesn't really produce the skills i needed. I'd say or I guess my curriculum was out dated. I'd say I've learned more just in 3 months being online + books than my entire years in college combined. All I've learned was in the internet but way more plus the online communities to cater my questions, for me it's just way more faster to learn directly on the area you wanted in that way. I felt that I wasted my years going to college. Internet right now is like the Alexandria (big repository of information) Not sure if the education system is way more broken than I thought or the technology is just disrupting even the way we learn and educate. Imo, schools will be obsolete in the very near future.

I would suggest that when you do go to college make sure to develop the skills necessary. I have friends that run companies and they prefer skill experience over diploma. And they mentioned that they have significant amount of applicants that are degree holders but do not posses the necessary skill sets so they hired people without diploma that has the things they needed instead. (this is just in my context, don't get it too close). Goodluck!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
foreverpattlys

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:00:57 PM

If you want more opportunities in your future then go.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:39:36 AM

If you want more opportunities in your future then go.

Not more opportunities but the best opportunities are reserved for those that have a degree with them. If you're not from a well off family that owns a big company, you won't have much of a choice but to boost your stock by going to college. Big companies find big importance in degree holders and I don't think it would even have to be thought out thoroughly.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:39:09 AM

Hi everyone,

Yes you should go on college that is very important in our life especially in our future.  You need to finish your studies to find a good job and some company they give priority to those who finished college.
oberotek

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:04:16 PM

Nibeloss

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:19:19 PM

I believe that in the modern world you can get along without college. There are many people who master the computer and start earning on the Internet very good money without education.

Vika0170

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:08:02 PM

I believe that in the modern world you can get along without college. There are many people who master the computer and start earning on the Internet very good money without education.

I disagree with you. The society has already reached a certain development and level of knowledge. If we live in this society, then we must comply with it. The college will give us the necessary knowledge about the general situation in the world and important things.
nappoleon

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:58:47 PM

I disagree with you. The society has already reached a certain development and level of knowledge. If we live in this society, then we must comply with it. The college will give us the necessary knowledge about the general situation in the world and important things.

Ha! imo, you don't need college for just general knowledge. If that is just what are colleges for, then the quality of education is fucked up. As you can learn general knowledge stuff on the internet plus books. Why waste years when you can learn directly on what you want in months.

Problem with colleges are they are structured and traditional. Imo, most colleges does not test your intellectual capability, they test your obedience to the system they belong to.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kulang

Activity: 239

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:46:07 PM

Ha! imo, you don't need college for just general knowledge. If that is just what are colleges for, then the quality of education is fucked up. As you can learn general knowledge stuff on the internet plus books. Why waste years when you can learn directly on what you want in months.

Problem with colleges are they are structured and traditional. Imo, most colleges does not test your intellectual capability, they test your obedience to the system they belong to.
I definitely agree with your points especially on what you said that colleges do not test your intellectual capability but rather they they your obedience to the system they belong to. When I was in college, I do not study because I want to, I study in order to get passing grades. I also do my projects for compliance not because I really want to do them. The system is really wrong but being the scared student that I am back then, I just go with the flow because I can't do anything about it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: