Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:17:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I Go To College ???  (Read 28113 times)
xrenderman

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:17:10 PM

My personal experience for hiring developers is self taught ones is always by far better than the ones that has a degree. So for me as employer degree is more a minus then a plus. Also in modern world it is possible and even easier to learn almost anything (except the things that require some expensive infrastructure or heavily regulated by state) by yourself or with more modern learning places (such as online courses, hackathons etc). And I'm not even talking about indoctrination for specific ideologies that is taking place in academia instead of actually learning something.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:28:48 PM

My personal experience for hiring developers is self taught ones is always by far better than the ones that has a degree. So for me as employer degree is more a minus then a plus. Also in modern world it is possible and even easier to learn almost anything (except the things that require some expensive infrastructure or heavily regulated by state) by yourself or with more modern learning places (such as online courses, hackathons etc). And I'm not even talking about indoctrination for specific ideologies that is taking place in academia instead of actually learning something.
Really glad to hear from an employer that understands the current problem that large parts of academia are suffering from.
Vaultbank.io

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:36:57 PM

Absolutely go to college if you live in the US. If you have no money, you still should absolutely do it and just try your best to get financial aid.

Plus college is AWESOME. It’s a great experience
greenbitsgm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:22:41 PM

I should advice you to go to college and finished a degree of your chosen field.Having a degree will open more opportunities for you,you will be more qualified for any work or job you are applying than others who don't have a degree.
Here,in my home country,the Philippines, having finished college and acquiring that degree is a dream come true not only for ourselves but also for our parents,because seeing their child on stage with a diploma on hand makes them feel proud and great.
So what are you waiting for,go to college ,have a degree and start your dreams? Smiley
Tramle091296

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:15:26 AM

You should go to college cause even your finish on senior High your not a degrer holder you cant get a job that gets a high salary..unless you will take business or side line to make your money grow. Its up to person if what decision
To make if wants to college or not but i prefer to go to college. So manay benefits you will get. Smiley

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
Jovl

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:27:23 AM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

Finish college and earn a degree.The doors will surely be opened for you to achieve your dreams.The higher educational attaintment you have,the higher its position and compensation.Dream higher and just enjoy the college days,of course it won't be really easy,but all the hardworks and struggles while you are in university,will surely be paid off once you are in the path of succes.

craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:32:52 AM

If you know what you want to become, then college is necessary, but if you do not know then consider waiting until you do because it is not worth your time if you are not sure.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:35:15 AM

Yeah man I learned how to code websites on my own and I think it took way less time tan if I was to learn about it in college because most of the time is just sitting around not learning or learning too slow with other people when you can learn by yourself it is much faster and easier.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
anggoro manise

Activity: 469
Merit: 102

FIRST NFT FORUM TOTALIZER

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:13:36 AM

Seeking science should be as high as, because science has no limit, one of them ya college.

P A R A D I G M A  TOTAL ITEMS 777!  NFT METAVERSE   
◼◼◼◼    PARADIGMA is an NFT marketplace + SCI-FI + an innovative P2E gaming platform    ◼◼◼◼
███████ TWITTER    MEDIUM M I N T   N O W TELEGRAM    WHITEPAPER ███████
SamPo

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:36:01 AM

Hi everyone,

What advice would you give a HS senior in US about to decide on and/or enter college ?

yes you should go to college. There are more opportunities when you are a degree holder.

Offcourse you have to go to college. It is your armor and bullet in our unpredictable and justdmental society. If ypur not educated you will end up nothing"in my opinion". You might cant find an stable and high paid job. Education is very importance dont lose the chance to study anf finish college.
advjump

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:06:56 AM

Not everyone should go to college though. If every person goes to college, the country is F'ed. Some people will be more succesful as plumbers for example.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:13:22 AM

You should go to college, if you don't know what course to choose, then take anything that you can finish, at least even if its not that hard you finish something and you can be called a college graduate. Then focus on you skills and talent, do what you love even if its not related to what you have finished in college. So when the time comes that you can be called a professional, it is not impossible for you to be the next CEO or the boss of the company you work on. Many good and skilled people can't get their rank in work up, because they are held and denied because the top position that they suppose to get requires a college graduate.
zedkiel08

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:25:27 AM

For every students that wants to finish their studies , and who has a dream in life should go to college and have a diploma for the best of their future ,. Having a degree in college and finish it with a diploma means that the hard work of their parents is being rewarded. Today most of the companies that are hiring employees is finding a college graduate. If you are not graduated in college , you may some difficulties to find a decent job with a good salary.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
THE FABRIC TOKEN ECOSYSTEM      WHITE PAPER    ANN THREAD    SLACK      DRAG-AND-DROP SMART CONTRACTS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JoCrook

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:32:17 AM

College is a waste of time imho. Better to study yourself.
RoronoaJorah

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:36:34 AM

Hi everyone,

That's an easy question, why can't you make up your mind. If you have the opportunities to go to college, then go, take it. Many children nowadays want to go to college to have a better education but they can't because of their own problems, some have financial problems, some have family problem, and some having disability that hinder them to go so school. Don't waste the opportunities.
xena2

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:05:34 AM

Hi everyone,

Go to college.  Aim higher.  Be someone better.  Not that being a high-school graduate good enough,  but there were a better opportunities  for college graduates.  Some would say that even if you are a high school student you could still be successful and yes maybe, but you will still feel proud having a college diploma

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  TwitterTelegramWhitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    ..Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets..  END OCT12th,2018

██████████████████ Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token █████████████████
xrenderman

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:15:53 PM

You shouldn't think of degree as "must have" thing. Just make plans what you want to accomplish and if college helps - go for it. If not it's also ok. There are a lot of variables there - what you want to do, where are you living now and where do you want to be and what do you want to do. I personally quit university and regret that I went there in a first place and spent a lot of precious time doing nothing. Maybe if I was living in another country that would at least paid of in terms of networking.

I have a lot of friends that became employers with big businesses and don't have a degree, I have a couple that have a degree and making less than I was making when I was 14y and started as freelance developer.
coinstalker23

Activity: 310
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:49:28 PM

You should go and finish college because it is one of the great thing that you can accomplish on your life and it is once in a lifetime achievement. Finishing college and getting a degree can open your path to many opportunities out there and can ease your life because it can give you a great job .
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 01:16:48 PM

YES of course. Being in college is amazing, you can earn your diploma there and have big opportunity to work in your related field someday. Life in college is not easy but it is very happy, together with your friends.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

Definitely yes.Its a proven fact that those who have gone to college make more than those who have not, and that they have more opportunities and stable employment as they proceed though life. So, its not even a question that should be asked. Just go. It'll be one of the best decisions you will have taken in your life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: