Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:18:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Businesses and Developers, Let's Get Started!  (Read 306552 times)
buybtc.cz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:43:06 PM

I'm looking to get out of here.

I started BuyBTC.cz, please have a look and I'd like to get out of here so I can run a thread about my services.

I am starting small- selling Bitcoin for Czech Crowns.

Thanks!
dennison

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
contemptx

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:03:25 PM

I currently work with prototyping and developing hardware boards for a range of peripherals and applications.
I am looking to learn more about the bitcoin mining protocal to hopefully look at developing an ASIC board that is affordable and can compete with other products currently coming to market.
ElDido

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 03:13:33 PM

Hi,

I'm currently working on a web game, freemium business model, and I'd like to offer the possibility for players to pay for cosmetic items with bitcoins. There is also a chance that I will offer gambling using bitcoin in the futur.

I'm a software engineer who converted to indie game producer about 3 years ago and have been following Bitcoin for more than a year now.

hope this helps Smiley
soniq

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 03:23:33 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2012, 03:52:47 AM by soniq

I am accepting bitcoins on my music/cd mastering site, does that count?

jborkl

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 03:50:22 AM

Auto parts, Auto supplies 3M and PPG products-

Consulting service regarding anything automotive related. I have access to CAR-O-LINER, Alldata collision connect and Chief specs

Will be taking bitcoin as payment

I am going to be exploring options, checking the demand with the forum members regarding the demand for this service. 

mrmerlin25

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 10:05:58 AM

Just posted a rather large idea for a England/UK/London/GB/£ focused Website called ForBitCo.in to make it really easy to buy BitCoins in the UK with Cash, Credit, Ebay, Amazon, Google Checkout, setup an e-walet, Sell Coins, Exchange, etc it would focus on Newbies but also suggest more advanced options for the more advanced users that don't need and want to pay more for a do it all for you service.

I would then hope to expand this model if it works in the UK to other markets that it might be fit for such as Europe, United States, and a general global BitCoin community with the recommended services.

Rather than clog up this thread I'll just provide the link to my post

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102973.0

Thanks everyone!
DreadSy

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 12:56:55 PM

Hey guys.

I'm currently developing a Bitcoin lottery-style site (yes, another Bitcoin gambling site,  Wink).
It will be going live in a couple of weeks so I won't give too much away but here are a few of the "releasables"...

It's a Daily Lottery Draw - The lottery draw will run every 24 hours. You can buy up to 20 tickets per day and they cost 0.05BTC each.
When your payment has been confirmed 6 times you will be automatically entered into the current draw.

We're on a Roll - 90% of total ticket sales will go to the current draw winner, 5% rolls over to the next draw and the final 5% goes to the site pot so I can keep the site running and updated.

Man V Machine - The lottery draw system is semi-automatic. This is to account for security threats and flaws found in currently available systems. Most of the system is automatic apart from the winners payout system. This allows me to keep an eye on the whole system to detect bugs and other problems.

Adapt to Survive - As with any start-up business, I plan to add many more features and games to keep up to date and with any luck, into the limelight,  Tongue. For now I will be concentrating on any bugs that might appear. I also plan to incorporate a more transparent draw system (more draw statistics).

Hopefully everything will become clear when I get the site up and running but I am moving so it will be available when I'm able to perform the manual tasks (payouts etc.).

If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to get in touch.
I'll get back to you guys when I can and I will keep you updated on when the date will be open to users.

Later guys,
Sy
Jack Lake

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2012, 08:40:10 PM

I would love to get out of here.

I am developing and representing coindice.com
I started a thread about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103051.0
bitcoinstarter

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 08:53:31 PM

Great thread! didn't even see this before.

I've been working on the "kickstarter" of bitcoins located here: Bitcoinstarter.com . We are inching closer to launching (Sept 1st  Huh). We are always looking for people who want to put their projects up! or if you want to help us develop our site let us know!

Thanks for reading.

BitcoinStarter
iamtheone

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 09:51:47 AM

Hello,

I am learning bitcoin because of my job. I am tasked to know if we can expand to this market. I am a technical person, I know a little linux and a little programming but the bitcoin world is a little new to me.

To all bitcoiners, how hard is it to develop applications using bitcoin, like accepting payments and sending payments automatically?
DreadSy

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 01:56:27 PM

Hello,

I am learning bitcoin because of my job. I am tasked to know if we can expand to this market. I am a technical person, I know a little linux and a little programming but the bitcoin world is a little new to me.

To all bitcoiners, how hard is it to develop applications using bitcoin, like accepting payments and sending payments automatically?

I would say it was all on how much you want to depend on third-party services. Using notify services and these newish banking services you can achieve most, if not all the payment systems you might require. This isn't to say that the service will be secure though.The more popular the third-party service, the more likely you are to be the victim of hackers and fraudsters.

It's a balancing game as to how much developing/scripting you wish to perform compared to the amount of "off-the-shelf" software you wish to use. Going either way creates it's own flaws and benefits... e.g. Using a notify service to monitor your received payments cuts down development time and effort but if the notify service shuts down (like BitcoinNotify in 2011), you have to find another way.

I'm only referring to website development as I haven't seen any software available using Bitcoin and I haven't yet delved into programming for Bitcoin. On the web-dev side; I have spent quite a bit of time scripting but it's all quite straight forward PHP etc. Even with the monitoring services you have to do a bit of scripting but nothing too hefty as the API tend to be really easy to use.

I'm not a fan of the automatic payout systems available at the moment. It might just be lack of trust but I haven't come across any "uber-secure" systems that provide an automated method for sending out payments. But I do use a bitcoin monitoring service to receive payments because I have a little more control over the security factor. All the monitoring services do is associate your account to your wallet addresses and then uses the public bitcoin block explorer to detect when your order has been processed.

I'm in amidst the development of an advanced payment system that both detects received payments and sends out payments automatically (for my lottery site (indev)). This will take me a while as it's not at the top of my list of things to do but I would like to be completely self-sufficient in terms the "how, whats and whens", it just takes time. The system source wouldn't be going public because it would open the door for flaws.

Anyway, back to the question... It's as hard as you want to make it. I've found effort and time spent tends to pay off in the long run compared to cash and faith.

Hope that helps.
flatiron

Activity: 21

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 12:22:20 AM

Though far from becoming true, I intend to develop a bitcoin marketplace similar to silk road. I also wish to form an online bitcoin grocery store. Working on a very simple social networking site. Practice purposes, nothing more. If anyone wishes to look at the simple site, feel free.

WWW.andsep123.net63.net/web
ConceptPending

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 07:38:56 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 05:24:05 PM by ConceptPending

tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 12:15:58 PM

Hi,

I am a UK based web developer. I've noticing that Bitcoin is nowhere near as accepted here in the UK as it is in the US (and other countries).
There are people trading Bitcoins in the UK (I do myself), but I'm not feeling the 'buzz' about bitcoin here (and I work in the City of London) as I
feel it in other locations. Maybe we Brits are just a little more cautious and reticent to new ideas? I remember even 5 years ago, Brits were very
uneasy to give their CC details to online sites. But that has changed. I am estimating that the UK interest is about 6-12 months behind US interest.

To this end I have started building a site that lets people/businesses buy sell/products and services online and accept payment in BTC.
Launch - 1-2 months. Domain name and site are under wraps for now.

*** I would be interested to hear from investors in the UK. ***

Any companies wishing to advertise their UK business accepting Bitcoin should get in touch - there will be a database Directory of businesses accepting Bitcoin.
If you want to be in it before the site is launched ... send me your details:
Company Name
Address/tel etc
Web address
Products/Services offered that you are accepting BTC for.

I will start adding these to the database. Upon launch their will be a facility for businesses to add themselves to the db.

S.M.

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 06:58:02 PM

Hi, this is my 2nd post, going towards my 4 ? or 5? to become a regular member?

I just wanted to let folks know that I have created a showcase for businesses that accept bitcoins.  The address is bitcoin.directory.com  The
showcase can also be accessed by just clicking on the bitcoin card from the main level of the showcase of advertisers. i.e. www.directory.com/cspeed.

I have been reading these boards since last year, on and off and have decided to accept bitcoins at my site, www.directory.com.

My site is meant to be a showcase for people/ideas/websites/businesses.  It's got a search engine which only searches my site, not the entire web, so the results list is smaller and more exclusive. 

I get 300-400 visitors a day to the front page, and half of that on weekends and statutory holidays.  This does not include spiders. My users are 50 % american and 50% international.

I have not marketed the site at all, but next week I am starting to call on Canadian and American companies that actually make goods in Canada and the USA.

If you have a business that accepts bitcoins and you would like to be in my showcase, I'd love to chat with you.  My number is at the top of the website, and under the contact section.  You can read about my rates in the "Advertising" section. 

I think bitcoins are very interesting and look forward to chatting with businesses that have also decided to accept them.

Thank you for reading this !

Sincerely,

S.M.

P.S.  Suggestions on improving my website are always welcome! oh yeah,  my website is not laid out in the typical fashion.  It is laid out horizontally, not up and down  Smiley
d.aghaei

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 08:32:34 PM

I've worked in a bank and definitely love bitcoin as it gives people so much freedom compared to banks rules and regulations, so I have decided to create my own little financial group which I will reveal shortly.
cmullen73

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:17:58 PM

Hello, my name is Christian and I sell elelctronic components. I can procure anything you need at a lower cost than franchise. I can get you anything on the board including FPGA's from Xilinx and Altera and ASIC's. Private message me if you are looking for anything in particular and I will see what I can do for you.
oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 01:41:59 AM

I am a consultant and webhost who has/is integrating bitcoin payments into several of my products and my clients products.  I would like whitelisted to access other forums in order to interact, help and request help in my business efforts.

My webhosting company is Think<remove me>411 dot com but please do not choose a bitcoin package from this post alone as I am still in the testing phase and I may have to delete the order or change the database.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:41:52 PM

Hi!

I'm developing a new fixed rate bitcoin / USD exchange based off Mt Gox prices. The exchange will be called Bitcopia and we should be ready to launch by the 1st of October! I have spent some time on this forum as noresolution, but want to have a username that reflects the new business. I'm here to spread awareness about the great new service I will be offering, and then to answer any questions users might have about my service. Thanks!
tradevice

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 06:43:09 PM

Hi
I have access to high quality proprietary financial trading advice which costs hundreds of dollars per month. For a mere fractional sum of BTCs, I can lookup research reports for your view on specific instruments (any financial, energy, agricultural or metals position) such as
…research advice favors (long/short) position and daily-weekly critical levels are …..

Moneyback guaranteed 3 day trials available (0.01 BTC + send/rcv fees belonging to buyer)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: