Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:47:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Businesses and Developers, Let's Get Started!  (Read 306552 times)
whocouldshebe

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 03:33:04 PM

I've got 100's of computers all across north and south america all sharing torrents under my userid through bitcomet.
I haven't checked my worldwide position lately but at last glace a few months back it I was around 30K.
Been doing this for a good 5 years now...

It would be nice if I could get some bitcoins for all those shared bits...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JiRBOB

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 06:59:29 PM

If your account represents a Bitcoin business or you are a developer, please post here so we can get you into the forum beyond. State your company, project in addition to what you wish to do on the forums. We will get you whitelisted promptly.

Godspeed in your endeavors and thank you for your service!

I'm thinking of starting an ActiveSync Exchange email service for 1BTC a month, but I don't have a good name yet. Any help would be appreciated. Smiley I have to secure my server more though...

JirBOB
xasasx

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:51:58 PM

I'm a software engineer, mainly specializing in Pl/SQL in Oracle Databases.  I can't say who I'm working for as I haven't pitched my ideas yet or even decided if I will go at them alone or with colleagues.

I have a few ideas, again, I don't want to just shout them all out here but they are basically bitcoin versions of well established current sites, with a few twists.
Cotton

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:57:02 PM

I'm just a farmer that can find his way around a computer pretty well. I also love freedom and free people so I am here to support this community. I will definitely sell my livestock items for bitcoin.  I am located in central florida. I raise Berkshire hogs and also milk goats and just have like 40 chickens that run around and lay eggs. If anyone is interested in 100% happy meat or raw goat milk (disclaimer: raw milk for animal consumption only) I got what you need.
thanks for reading.

CottonFog Farm
mizike29

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 09:41:39 PM

Accepting bitcoins on ebay I could do that too, seems interesting, might cause some issues though with ebay and or paypal.

WDG

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 12:19:01 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 12:31:29 AM by WDG

‘If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.’

— Isaac Newton

Please support me/us, trying to put some unity/ community/ collaboration together. :-D happy/positive collaboration with selection of minds is best. I'm having my moment now hope others would like to pick this up. Communities brought LINUX, SOCIAL LENDING, DEMOCRACIES, POLDER MODELS, SHA-2, other revolutions and now BITCOIN! lets continue our focus on the last revolution and build like there is no tomorrow Shocked. We will let regulators, criminals, governments etc behind us.

One of the ideas from here: Ebay as promoter of Bitcoin would be great, is someone of you willing to act like an mediator between ebay and we as Bitcoin community? That would be great since if we could act as a community with some sort of mediator/ leader/ government we would stand strong against currencies in existence (competition) and regulators. So again someone needs to stand up as entrepreneur and collect ebay sellers/ willing to accept Bitcoin and buyers/ willing to pay in Bitcoin + some registration unit maybe (could be a different person).

BTC EBAY project
List of persons cooperating (task): (maybe someone can set up or point at the development platform)
WDG(Buyer/Seller)

Second idea I picked up along the line: Could we finally unite to build an exchange more sophisticated and elegant, community driven order book and community driven fees to allow a larger extend of trading. We could build something on the ideas of eCash with social lending possibility and I'm willing to contact the exchanges out there to create software linkages so that transactions are against reduced fees etc.

BTC EXCHANGE
List of persons cooperating (task):
WDG(Exchange connector)

Then the 3rd idea from one of our creative minds out here, if we select and bundle our coding power and communicate anonymously by TOR or whatsoever we could build the strongest Bitcoin producing algorithm out there and same here I would like to see cooperation with existing brute forcers/ algorithms.

BTC ALGORITHM
List of persons cooperating (task):
WDG(Python coder/ Algorithm thinker)

Would like to thank everyone for inspiration, here some motivation:

‘Great discoveries and improvements invariably involve the cooperation of many minds. I may be given credit for having blazed the trail, but when I look at the subsequent developments I feel the credit is due to others rather than myself.’

— Alexander Graham Bell

‘The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.’

— Theodore Roosevelt

It is us doing this, not we and them. We will not make an opposition, criticism is very welcome and will only be the mirror to our progress.

"You have to choose, as a voter, between trusting to the national stability of gold and the natural stability and intelligence of governments. I advise you, as long as the capitalist system lasts, to vote for gold."

-- George Bernard Shaw

The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in inequity and born in sin . . . . Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and, with a flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again. . . . Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. . . . But, if you want to continue to be the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit.

-- Sir Josiah Stamp, director of the Bank of England and the second richest man in Britain in the 1920s

The last days of June became noted for the general depression of Bitcoins at the Bitcoin exchanges. Complaints were heard on every side over the dull market and Bitcoins had reached lower levels than they had reached months ago. The result was that very little was done in the way of investments and business in general was comparatively "dead," is the term goes in the financial world. Few investments were made and although the real opportunity for buying was at hand, when the Bitcoins were down at rock bottom prices the public as a rule did not take advantage of this opportunity and hence pessimism was the talk of the day. However the tide seems to be turning and it seems that better times are ahead.

-- restate of Journal of Commerce, Philadelphia, Saturday, January 15, 1921

Small fact about 1921:
The depression in 1920 was caused by the dollar inflation created by the Fed to pay for the American involvement in World War I. The Fed itself was created in 1913, and in 1920 did not yet know what to do to 'solve' the depression that its inflation had created. I'm happy we don't have a FED, although some hackers like to act as the FED, dumping Dollars. Beware, the best coders, organisers, marketeers, producers, strategists, managers, wise will be selected for the elite, the army has to protect them. Just like in every well organized system, however no one will be left behind. First movers advantage is there, but could easily be passed by skills.

Just copy the list and fill with your name and (task)!
Mail me for comments or participate in discussion wdgbtcsec@gmail.com
Lorna Morgan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

I like Bitcoin, Monero and BCash

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 07:18:42 AM

Hi I'm Lorna.

I joined 15 minutes ago.

I've set up a small mining rig from my set of office computers.

A fantastic currency like this will work once the average person sees "I accept Bitcoin" on a few of the sites they visit. I've done that already and excited to see how the experiment goes. I'm going to encourage others to do the same.

My programmer would like to set up an exclusive bitcoin poker site featuring some of my model friends. I think that might be some time away, but any suggestions are welcome ...

Here's to the future ;-)

Love Lorna xxx want to show your appreciation? 18wniNA6JfAVdZJi8if9k4JEHZgEu6kNRA
Lorna Morgan Facebook | Twitter
ryannathans

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 10:32:26 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 10:51:41 AM by ryannathans

My business already accepts bitcoins.

Computer upgrade/building/repairs, general IT stuff.
http://ryanshawit.com

Once I'm out of N00b section I will be selling network security and penetration lessons for bitcoins only.

Private lessons and group lessons.
Febuz

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 12:32:56 PM

Hi Lorna, we need you for marketing purposes ;-), think you will rule. Motivation is the first step, we have enough managers, one need to take action to let this market grow. We are the market and can make or break this. Lorna you say you have a programmer :-), I'm keen on poker and he will set up a poker site, maybe we could exchange some codes when time progresses. Kind Regards Edwin
zwierzak

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 03:57:55 PM

I made some changes to Bitcoin-Qt project and it is hard for me to notify about them creator. It would be nice to establish some cooperation on this project.
cjp

Activity: 210
Merit: 124

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 05:23:07 PM

I am an experienced software developer, currently working full-time as paid software engineer, and in my spare time I develop Free software. I believe it is important to have anonymous payment methods, and I think Bitcoin is currently the best basis for anonymous(*) electronic payments.

I really want to work on making POS (Point Of Sale) Bitcoin transactions easy and usable. I already found the Android Bitcoin Wallet project, and I think it's best if I join that project. I have a Google Nexus S telephone, which I can use to experiment with NFC technology.

Besides adding NFC capabilities to the Android Bitcoin Wallet, I have some thoughts on how to solve typical Bitcoin-related problems, e.g. making the transaction duration shorter (not having to wait for 6 blocks) without reducing reliability, and dealing with small amounts of RAM and storage.

(*) I know Bitcoin is not automatically anonymous, but it can be made anonymous much easier than e.g. the traditional banking system.

Donate to: 1KNgGhVJx4yKupWicMenyg6SLoS68nA6S8
http://cornwarecjp.github.io/amiko-pay/
eastendtech

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 05:54:20 PM

I'm a software developer, currently specializing in iOS and Android. I will develop or submit already developed apps to the App Store or Android Market in exchange for btc. I'm also working on an earn bitcoins site, PM me for details.
Youdith

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2011, 08:41:25 PM

I am a graphic designer so I tought people would like to have t-shirts and other things with bitcoin designs.
So I just started a website, where I'm selling stuff with bitcoin designs directly for bitcoins. You don't need to e-mail me or use skype etc to make a transaction, so it's really easy and fun, check it out:
http://www.bitdenari.com

The site is new and I don't have too much up yet, but I'm open to suggestions and I can make custom products too if you contact me.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 08:44:15 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2011, 09:56:11 PM by V4Vendettas

Solar PV company owner considering  accepting  Bitcoins

Just started a PV company in the UK and I think I could be of some help to some of the bitcoin miners. I’m only 4 months into start up but I’m really hoping I might be able to accept bitcoins for smaller installations.

Just doing my own house first (3.1KWp) and setting up what I hope to be a around a 7000Mhash/s farm ( yes I know Im late to the boat, maybe im even swimming after it)

Anyway give me a few more months and I hope I can find a way to sell solar systems to UK residents for bitcoin but I'm a Vat registered Limited company so will need to check this over with my accountant who will probably have a melt down at the whole idea. But hey its those guys that need a little shock  

Either way I would aim to help out fellow miners in the UK for a dam good rate (they might need to give me a hand with some of the work etc to get the price really down lolz). <---I have a team so dont worry if hights worry you its just an option for price reduction.

So TLDR: New solar PV company owner considering taking bitcoins as payments for Small PV installations in the UK sometime in the future.

PS yes you get paid the http://www.fitariffs.co.uk/eligible/levels/ even if you use all the juice and don’t actually export a single unit.

EDIT: Will not do off grid systems go to silk road for that kind of thing.

0x

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 09:30:58 PM

Hello,

i'm a germany software developer, founder of BTCnames.
My main interest with bitcoin is atm, to research on how to spread the usage of Bitcoins within the business applications (b2b) and end consumer applications (b2c) mainly in web, but also with traditional software.

I mine also, but not too aggressive, just to break even power cost and have some extra money.
BTCsaavy

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 03:39:12 AM

Ah Atlas can always count on you for a good thread.  I am not new to the forum but I am not a frequent contributor and find myself with only 4 post previous to this restriction.  I am a managing member of Bitcoin Solutions LLC.  We operate the www.bitcoincashout.com site.  Biddingpond has talked me into coming out of my shell a little bit more.  I would appreciate if the restriction for posting URLs in my signature could be lifted but if not I guess I will have to earn it the hard way (by contributing). Looking forward to many more future posts.
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 12:04:22 PM

Solar PV company Update.

I have my accountant working hard on first learning what bitcoins are but also UK tax implications etc.

Since I’m already making bitcoin --> £  (mining)  It’s hitting my business account so it’s really got to be dealt with. (Accountant is actually excited about this  Shocked was expecting a heart attack or something)

I really want to be able to share my accountant’s results, workarounds, and loopholes (In the right place though).

Yes I know In the UK I can transfer the £ to a pre pay virgin card (no ID check required lolz) or whatever and I may well do for some but it’s a pain as its limited to £1600 and I would need a mailbox not connected to myself or my company. <---Hassle + risk my start up simply doesn’t need.

When/if My Company starts selling small PV systems for bitcoins I simply can’t explain it away so that has to be handled legitimately on my side as” feed in tariff's” are governed by our overlords.

Really would like to have some freedom to discuss this subject. My posting my not be great (I’m dyslexic as hell) but I’m no troll  and I promise to visit the noob section a lot to learn and help out.

Bitcoin 4 the win

TLDR: Free me I want to contribute.

V4V

PS

Sorry Mods you’re doing a wicked job and I’m not impatient I’m just excited about this community.

Coineer

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

NewsBTC Canada

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 12:41:07 PM

Web and app dev here, see sig Smiley

Coineer - The World's First Bitcoin Magazine Available in Print and Online is Now NewsBTC Canada!
josephholsten

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2011, 12:46:09 PM

I handle ops and some development for the mining pool bitp.it. My partners tell me I need to stop hanging out in the IRC channels and post about our infrastructure up here.
kgutteridge

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 30, 2011, 09:10:04 PM

iPhone and android dev here, can lend my hand to a spot of Ruby and PHP as well

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: