Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:01:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain looks like they're releasing a 15GH/s DASH miner called the AntMiner D3  (Read 299604 times)
mohima1230

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:11:38 AM

How much time does it take for power supplies to ship after miner ships?

It depends on which batch you ordered. My one both shipped at a same time and delivered on same day.

Don’t you ordered on a same cart?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:16:43 AM

To all the people that are claiming the Baikal devices are FPGA miners- FALSE.

FPGAs have similar performance to GPUs, but just much less power consumption. Do your research before making statements.

Baikal's previous generation used 40nm nodes on their full custom ASIC process. They originally wanted to build out their design using 90nm nodes, but of course they wouldn't have been as competitive as iBeLink and PinIdea that were also releasing X11 miners. I can presume their current design uses 28nm nodes on their ASIC. Bitmain uses 28nm for the D3 chips.

Mining since 2014
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:23:38 AM

The thing with this "gold rush" to cryptocurrencies and mining in general is that 95%+ of people entering the market this year DO NOT understand what they are buying into. Like 3 out of 5 people I spoke to in person in regards to crypto wanted to start a bloody ICO to raise millions for some idea that could be accomplished for thousands. The amount of "stupid" in this industry has reached an all time high. It will take time for everyone to learn.

Especially for mining. Someone buys a D3 and expects it to mine Litecoin. Then they ask why it doesn't work. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING.
Amen brother!! I lost count of the number of posts that go something like this......." Hi guys, I'm new here. I just got 50 D3's delivered to my door, I'm so pissed off!! They forgot the fucking power cords". ....or.... "Greetings miners, I just bought 100 D3's. What kind of PSU do I need for these things? Also, can I mine anything besides DASH with them??". Of course my all time favorite...." Hey there! Newbie here. I just started up my 25 new D3's in my studio apartment. Holleee SHIT are these things LOUD!! They're also making my apartment really HOT!! Should I get a fan or something??". SMH!!!
Forgot today's new all-time winner. " Hey, my new D3 isn't making shit on DASH, can I mine LTC with it??".

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
blastar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:35:33 AM

The thing with this "gold rush" to cryptocurrencies and mining in general is that 95%+ of people entering the market this year DO NOT understand what they are buying into. Like 3 out of 5 people I spoke to in person in regards to crypto wanted to start a bloody ICO to raise millions for some idea that could be accomplished for thousands. The amount of "stupid" in this industry has reached an all time high. It will take time for everyone to learn.

Especially for mining. Someone buys a D3 and expects it to mine Litecoin. Then they ask why it doesn't work. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY SOMETHING.
Amen brother!! I lost count of the number of posts that go something like this......." Hi guys, I'm new here. I just got 50 D3's delivered to my door, I'm so pissed off!! They forgot the fucking power cords". ....or.... "Greetings miners, I just bought 100 D3's. What kind of PSU do I need for these things? Also, can I mine anything besides DASH with them??". Of course my all time favorite...." Hey there! Newbie here. I just started up my 25 new D3's in my studio apartment. Holleee SHIT are these things LOUD!! They're also making my apartment really HOT!! Should I get a fan or something??". SMH!!!
Forgot today's new all-time winner. " Hey, my new D3 isn't making shit on DASH, can I mine LTC with it??".
Making fun of noobs is not nice! Teach them and inform them, this is the way to go, we've all been there! And by the way, as previously mentioned, YOU CAN mine LTC with D3 using prohashing with LTC payout!
Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:36:12 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 01:15:54 AM by Gladimor

As it seems, many people didn't pay attention to my previous explanation why MULTI ALGORITHM MINING CAN WORK:

X11 is a chained mining algorithm using the following algorithms to compute the final hash result: blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, and echo.

That means that EACH of those algorithms can be used for mining SEPARATELY. In fact, making them all work together to produce an X11 hash is much, much more difficult than just getting the result of one of them. On an ASIC chip- lets use 28nm for reference- there are thousands of cores. Nearly all of the hashcores do mining, while the remaining small portion handles communication etc. Now, you allot a certain amount of hashcores to do each algorithm. For example, 300 for Keccak and 700 for Groestl (it is more intensive). At the end, you want a balanced hashrate on ALL groups of algorithms (eg; each group does 20GH of their algorithm). If you have 10 out of the 11 algos doing 30 GH but the last one doing 5 GH, your miner will have a final result of 4-5 GH X11 as the slowest performing algorithm becomes the hashrate bottleneck.

Bitmain needs to release a firmware upgrade that allows mining on the INDIVIDUAL GROUPS OF HASHCORES. That means they need to modify their version of cgminer such that it is able to tell the ASIC to run calculations on just one algorithm. Then patch their other programs to accommodate the modifications. That's it. All it takes is the WILL to help their buyers and a couple of developers.

Mining since 2014
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 12:51:57 AM

As it seems that many people didn't pay attention to my previous explanation why MULTI ALGORITHM MINING CAN WORK:

X11 is a chained mining algorithm using the following algorithms to compute the final hash result: blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, and echo.

That means that EACH of those algorithms can be used for mining SEPARATELY. In fact, making them all work together to produce an X11 hash is much, much more difficult than just getting the result of one of them. On an ASIC chip- lets use 28nm for reference- there are thousands of cores. Nearly all of the hashcores do mining, while the remaining small portion handles communication etc. Now, you allot a certain amount of hashcores to do each algorithm. For example, 300 for Keccak and 700 for Groestl (it is more intensive). At the end, you want a balanced hashrate on ALL groups of algorithms (eg; each group does 20GH of their algorithm). If you have 10 out of the 11 algos doing 30 GH but the last one doing 5 GH, your miner will have a final result of 4-5 GH X11 as the slowest performing algorithm becomes the hashrate bottleneck.

Bitmain needs to release a firmware upgrade that allows mining on the INDIVIDUAL GROUPS OF HASHCORES. That means they need to modify their version of cgminer such that it is able to tell the ASIC to run calculations on just one algorithm. Then patch their other programs to accommodate the modifications. That's it. All it takes is the WILL to help their buyers and a couple of developers.

This makes sense , i suspect thats how Baikal does it
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 12:57:30 AM

As it seems that many people didn't pay attention to my previous explanation why MULTI ALGORITHM MINING CAN WORK:

This makes sense , i suspect thats how Baikal does it

In a Very short period of time, some other company (Baikal,..) is going to come out with this mining capability.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
BenRickert

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:09:32 AM

.....Or they just release a whole new miner with these changes and call it D3+ and start the whole dance over again. This is what I think would be more likely based on what we know about our friends at Bitemain.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
BenRickert

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:14:12 AM

Making fun of noobs is not nice! Teach them and inform them, this is the way to go, we've all been there! And by the way, as previously mentioned, YOU CAN mine LTC with D3 using prohashing with LTC payout!
You're not mining LTC in that situation you twit. You're "mining" something else and CONVERTING IT by selling one and buying another at the going spread. As to your other ignorant comment. We DO try and help. But when they so fucking stupid that they buy 50 miners and then come in here asking basic shit, well...then they are beyond hope.

d0r10n

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:17:53 AM

hahah that made me LOL for real, funny bastard Cheesy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ░░▓▓ AXE Coin ▓▓░░   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
Masternodes › › ›   ░░▓▓▓▓░░   ‹ ‹ ‹  X11 Algo
DecentralizedACTIVE GITHUBAnonymous
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:26:00 AM

.....Or they just release a whole new miner with these changes and call it D3+ and start the whole dance over again. This is what I think would be more likely based on what we know about our friends at Bitemain.

^^
Thats what is most likely to happen lol

I dont understand all the buthurt here, I guess mining at razor thing margins since 2013 has hardened me to these type of issues.

Right now 1 D3 makes around $5 a day after .10 cents power cost, even with more hash coming online at $2.50 a day it will stil pay for itself in 14 months at the $1500 I paid with shipping , I suspect I will sell it along time before that

davemanet

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:30:34 AM

Any recommendations along with granatgas as a pool?  I want to try out different miners and see what works best for my D3's
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 01:56:15 AM

As it seems, many people didn't pay attention to my previous explanation why MULTI ALGORITHM MINING CAN WORK:

I have no clue what you are saying, everything sounds greek to me. But you know what, you just gave me some hope for the day. Lol, i hope what your saying is true and bitmain does get their developers to cook up a new firmware update for us. Multi algorithm sounds pretty good to me right now. Or this will be one of the worst investment of my life.
I will do my due diligence about what you are saying.
maleemk

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:31:06 AM

FPGAs have similar performance to GPUs, but just much less power consumption. Do your research before making statements.

Baikal's previous generation used 40nm nodes on their full custom ASIC process. They originally wanted to build out their design using 90nm nodes, but of course they wouldn't have been as competitive as iBeLink and PinIdea that were also releasing X11 miners. I can presume their current design uses 28nm nodes on their ASIC. Bitmain uses 28nm for the D3 chips.
To counter you argument, Kindly explain the following,
1. Expalin Quark and Qubit Algos
2. Do you think that Other Manufacturers like Bitmain are so dump to work that out.
Its a FPGA period.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:40:30 AM

To counter you argument, Kindly explain the following,
1. Expalin Quark and Qubit Algos
2. Do you think that Other Manufacturers like Bitmain are so dump to work that out.
Its a FPGA period.

Please do your own research.

Quark - uses 9 rounds of hashing from 6 DIFFERENT ALGORITHMS all of which are parts of the chained X11 algo- blake, groestl, bmw, jh, keccak, and skein.
Qubit - combination of luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, and echo.

It's an ASIC period.

Mining since 2014
COINKING84

Activity: 264

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:58:28 AM

why do you need to separate the X11? pick a x11 coin and mine the thing to death, just don't expect to make money on dash.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:43:14 AM

yep ...you nailed it! I'll bet if they continue with x11 that would be their next step....hell, the D3's they 'slam'd' out to us,  would completely fund such a equip upgrade to a new product

you called it!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:01:10 AM

why do you need to separate the X11? pick a x11 coin and mine the thing to death, just don't expect to make money on dash.

Do you know what X11 even is? It is comprised of 11 mining algorithms, with over half being used in other coins.

Mining since 2014
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:43:16 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 07:55:03 AM by Searing

Well...just to wind this thread back to reality...(and the many toasters we have purchased and/or are coming)

here is today's mining results for x11 dash at 12c kwh for a 17.5gh unit at 950 watts..

Using What to Mine calculator and a variety of x11 coins listed below:

Currently, $6,96/day for Dash.

https://whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=14000.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=500.0&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=800.0&x11f=true&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=17500&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=1900.0&factor%5Bqk_hr%5D=450.0&factor%5Bqk_p%5D=75.0&factor%5Bqb_hr%5D=450.0&factor%5Bqb_p%5D=84.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.12&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=abucoins&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bitfinex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bleutrade&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=c_cex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=Main&commit=Calculate

I still have the feeling..that I should setup the old PC Tower and put a mess of x11 sh*t coin wallets on there..and just multi-mine a crapload of x11 other than dash and hoard...

not that it would do any good but

1) I'd have lots of cryptos that would sound impressive (in my own mind) like I have 1 billion xxx coin..worht $12.83! USD!

2) The odds are NOT as good IMHO for DASH doubling as for some unknown currently overlooked sh*t coin, that probably exists now....(Helium x11, Helium x11..where for art thou!)

3) The tower would keep me busy and occupy my thoughts ...away...from the 'snake oil' salesman of Bitmain.....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
davemanet

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 07:43:53 AM

Do you know what X11 even is? It is comprised of 11 mining algorithms, with over half being used in other coins.

Does this mean that the D3 will be profitable in the long run since you can mine so many different coins with it and you're not limited to just Dash?  So many bashing the D3 but it seems like a good miner long term.
Pages: « 1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: