Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:27:16 AM

Lets not everyone forget about the ibelinks affect on hashrate before the b3 and a5. Today network reached 15th and id say this is the start of their affect as they r tested or premined b4 delivery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackfirth

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:49:57 AM

Whats the best pool to use to mine DASH?
jcwhiteuk

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:52:08 AM

Good luck to the people that bought miners for the early batch (sept). There will be an initial spike in profit but once the difficulty catches up, it will start to decline. Hopefully you can get your money back before the market bottoms out. I'm predicting some half price A5 miners on ebay in the new year. If you have access to free power, then play the long game and you are set.

That being said. If you can get your hands on a demo version in august. Then pay over the odds for it, it will make it's money back in two months. Need to get in before the flood of miners hit the market.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 10:55:40 AM

I read someplace that you can now get free shipping on these units and that you only have
to get ONE now ...is this correct?

Not going to get one at 10k price, but would be quite the 'tell' of not a lot of sales if they
just immediately dropped the above 'shoe'

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jackfirth

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:03:19 AM

jcwhiteuk

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:19:58 AM

suprnova
jcwhiteuk

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 11:25:00 AM

I read someplace that you can now get free shipping on these units and that you only have
to get ONE now ...is this correct?

Not going to get one at 10k price, but would be quite the 'tell' of not a lot of sales if they
just immediately dropped the above 'shoe'

Yes, you can order just one. Not sure about the free delivery though. They probably had hardly any interest at 3 as an minimum order, especially at that price point and the delivery expected at the same time as bitmain. If they could deliver before them, then maybe they could justify the price.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:01:20 PM

Does anyone know what happened to network hashrate of DASH right after A4 and current X11 miners were released?  Based on the change, can we expect how much of dumpage A5 or D3 will take in terms of profitability?

A4 mines Litecoin rather than Dash... which is an incredibly misleading naming scheme.

How so?

Innosilicon has been quite consistent in their naming scheme - except they never got around to actually releasing the A3 at all (I've seen commentary that the A3 wasn't going to be efficient enough to compete by the time it would have been released as WHY Innosilicon never pushed it into production).

They seem to be pointing at the "turbo mode" 38 GH/S as justification for the $10k pricing - though their specs make the A5 very little more efficient than the D3 at that point.
 This is similar to how they positioned the A2, and not entirely unreasonable as I suspect most A2 units have spent most or all of their time in "turbo mode" (though the ORIGINAL PS in the A2 did NOT support full turbo on the "110 Mh/s" units, some later units seems to have upgraded the PS to one that could do so).

If I remember the timing right, the original model IBelink showed up around Febuary 2016, the Pinidea models in March 2016, and the original Baikal in May 2016.
 I could easily be a month off on those dates though, but all 3 were DEFINITELY available by June 2016 (or had already sold out).

I don't think Innosilicon is including free delivery, but they are including a free power supply for early orders (probably left over stock of the SAME power supply they put in late A2 110Mh/s units, which have proven to be fair reliability).
 I doubt the shipping cost is going to be significant to folks buying these though.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:58:52 AM

As other have pointed out the exchange rate offered by Inno is WAY OFF.  Sadly I think they are going to struggle to move a lot of these.  As much as I would like to see them succeed, the pricing kills it, and the exchange rate is just nails for the coffin.
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:07:55 AM

How so?

Innosilicon has been quite consistent in their naming scheme - except they never got around to actually releasing the A3 at all (I've seen commentary that the A3 wasn't going to be efficient enough to compete by the time it would have been released as WHY Innosilicon never pushed it into production).

It's a bit confusing / misleading because the A4 mines Scrypt, an entirely different algorithm than Dash which uses X11, yet the devices are named sequentially as if the new machine is an improved version of the previous one which is not the case since it's an entirely different algo.  This is not out of character with their product naming though, since the A1 mined bitcoin.   

Typically naming schemes for machines follow unique identifiers for the type of calculations the machines do.  Antminer S9 = SHA256, Antminer L3+ = Litecoin / Scrypt, Antminer D3 = Dash/X11 - easily identifiable as to what type of coin they're designed to mine by the letter used for the series of device. 
proshot
Copper Member

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:02:57 AM

Hi,

i have only experience with Antminer so far.
And after my calculations I was confused. Huh

I have calculated the approximate revenue. with different calculators.
If I get with 30GH DASH mine i get 12k to 15k USD per month? Is this right/realistic ?
I can not quite believe it.

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:13:04 AM

Hi,

If I get with 30GH DASH mine i get 12k to 15k USD per month? Is this right/realistic ?

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

That is not realistic because you need to consider following factors:-

1. IbeLink 10.8 Ghs will be going live in quantity of 5000 plus by Mid of August thus increasing the difficulty and network hash rate significantly reducing payouts.

2. Antminer D3 15 Ghs will go live in last week of September in thousands again it will massively increase the difficulty and hash rate.

3. So by the time 30 GHs innosilliocon is released (and if the same specs because in past they always announced higher specs and low watt but in production delivered 50% less Ghs and 30% higher wattage) i think it would be making you somewhere around $1000 a month maximum.

Note: This is just my calculation and the realtime calculation depend on how many Ibelink, antminer d3 go live before Innosillicon 30 Ghs is unleashed
TenaciousJ

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:27:14 PM

Hi,

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

1. IbeLink 10.8 Ghs will be going live in quantity of 5000 plus by Mid of August thus increasing the difficulty and network hash rate significantly reducing payouts.

2. Antminer D3 15 Ghs will go live in last week of September in thousands again it will massively increase the difficulty and hash rate.

3. So by the time 30 GHs innosilliocon is released (and if the same specs because in past they always announced higher specs and low watt but in production delivered 50% less Ghs and 30% higher wattage) i think it would be making you somewhere around $1000 a month maximum.

Note: This is just my calculation and the realtime calculation depend on how many Ibelink, antminer d3 go live before Innosillicon 30 Ghs is unleashed

Has iBeLink made their order numbers public somewhere?
diparo

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:41:50 PM

There seems to be a lot of speculation about impending difficulty increases, which made me start to wonder...

Would it be possible to look back at the data for various coins/miner releases and come up with some generic assumptions/ballpark figures about the likelihood of a given difficulty increase?

Obviously currency value fluctuations (which directly affect ROI) are not predictable, but there could be some other variables that are calculable, i.e. the "drop-out rate" of older/lower hash rate miners, or the number of units released per batch per company.

Maybe looking at the data cumulatively would offer some insights/guidelines.

I assume the big mining farms already do this type of analysis and I think it would be useful for the little guys do the same in order to level the playing field a bit.

ps- first post ever, please be gentle  Kiss
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:25:18 PM

There seems to be a lot of speculation about impending difficulty increases, which made me start to wonder...

Would it be possible to look back at the data for various coins/miner releases and come up with some generic assumptions/ballpark figures about the likelihood of a given difficulty increase?

Obviously currency value fluctuations (which directly affect ROI) are not predictable, but there could be some other variables that are calculable, i.e. the "drop-out rate" of older/lower hash rate miners, or the number of units released per batch per company.

I assume the big mining farms already do this type of analysis and I think it would be useful for the little guys do the same in order to level the playing field a bit.

There is just no realistic way to do this.  If you go back historically and look at a chart you would have to know how many miners came online at a given time, what was the capability of that miner to even get a wild guess as to the impact of just one manufacturers miners coming online. 

Now suddenly you have several miner manufacturers launching MEGA size miners all on the network at once?  The first onslaught will start here in the next couple of weeks when the first huge batches of the iBelinks hit the network.  Again we don't know how many miners are in this first bunch of batches so hard judge what you are going to get.

Now add Baikal, Bitmain, and Innosilicon to the mix and frankly this is a free for all of massive scale.  Any numbers you see right now or can produce are purely a WILD guess, but rest assured in about 60-90 days you will see profitability collapse and will only be profitable for a short while for those who obtained these miners in the first batches.  It will look pretty sweet to those who were in that first batch of iBelink miners I think, or even the Giant+ miners for a little bit, but if you watch the diff go straight off the chart those pie in the sky numbers that everyone is drooling over will vanish pretty quick.

I think this is one of the oddest things for newbies and even some old timers to get is how difficulty impacts earnings, and when you have an all out assault on X11 like this it is going to be nothing short of mind boggling.  It is an arms race right now for X11 miners.  Sit back, grab the popcorn because your about to get the definition of UGLY with this diff increase.
diparo

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:12:42 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 04:40:13 PM by diparo

There is just no realistic way to do this.  If you go back historically and look at a chart you would have to know how many miners came online at a given time, what was the capability of that miner to even get a wild guess as to the impact of just one manufacturers miners coming online. 

Now suddenly you have several miner manufacturers launching MEGA size miners all on the network at once?  The first onslaught will start here in the next couple of weeks when the first huge batches of the iBelinks hit the network.  Again we don't know how many miners are in this first bunch of batches so hard judge what you are going to get.

Now add Baikal, Bitmain, and Innosilicon to the mix and frankly this is a free for all of massive scale.  Any numbers you see right now or can produce are purely a WILD guess, but rest assured in about 60-90 days you will see profitability collapse and will only be profitable for a short while for those who obtained these miners in the first batches.  It will look pretty sweet to those who were in that first batch of iBelink miners I think, or even the Giant+ miners for a little bit, but if you watch the diff go straight off the chart those pie in the sky numbers that everyone is drooling over will vanish pretty quick.

I think this is one of the oddest things for newbies and even some old timers to get is how difficulty impacts earnings, and when you have an all out assault on X11 like this it is going to be nothing short of mind boggling.  It is an arms race right now for X11 miners.  Sit back, grab the popcorn because your about to get the definition of UGLY with this diff increase.

How difficulty affects earnings seems relatively simple (higher difficulty = lower earnings), putting numbers to upcoming difficulty increases is what seems to not be obvious. I still think there might be some gleanable insights from the available data, maybe I'll spend some time with it and if anything fruitful arises I'll report back.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:30:35 PM

Hi,

Or how do you see that?

Thanks and best regards

proshot

Has iBeLink made their order numbers public somewhere?

No they did not, this is my estimate based on monitoring their possible tests connected with higher hash rates so the number comes to 5000 plus
Longsnowsm

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:18:40 PM

How difficulty affects earnings seems relatively simple (higher difficulty = lower earnings), putting numbers to upcoming difficulty increases is what seems to not be obvious. I still think there might be some gleanable insights from the available data, maybe I'll spend some time with it and if anything fruitful arises I'll report back.

Yes, how is relatively simple, but yet it still gets ignored.  How to attach a diff rise to this number of monster miners is pure guess work.  Good luck wrapping numbers around this.  Grin 

I just stopped guessing.  If you can get in early you might see a decent ROI, other than that it will become a long game fast.
bitcoinexplorer

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:39:53 PM

Yes, how is relatively simple, but yet it still gets ignored.  How to attach a diff rise to this number of monster miners is pure guess work.  Good luck wrapping numbers around this.  Grin 

I just stopped guessing.  If you can get in early you might see a decent ROI, other than that it will become a long game fast.

Yes its all about ROI , in such volatile market i recommend to buy a device with ROI of maximum 1 month or in dire need 2 month, because what you see now is going to be very different when you start mining and with massive equipment to flow in the market will increase the difficulty tons of time.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:33:10 PM

Yes its all about ROI , in such volatile market i recommend to buy a device with ROI of maximum 1 month or in dire need 2 month

Good luck finding such a unicorn.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: