Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
btcapollo

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:34:58 AM

The power savings on these will help but it wont be worth the 8k+ premium. Inno should be ashamed.

I think we have to keep things in perspective.  Other companies brought X11 miners to market first when there was little market and little profitability.  The entire crypto market took off and Dash/X11 got a nice run up.  Those companies that had made the X11 miners who were looking a little weak and somewhat foolish suddenly became rock stars.  Everyone clamored for X11 miners so the manufacturers responded as fast as they could.

What I don't think the manufacturers expected was Bitmain to come after this market the way they have.  iBelink set the bar by announcing early pricing for preorders and only in large volumes.  Baikal was completely silent when they have been the rock stars since the beginning of the year and sadly they didn't have a monster miner in the works while iBelink was bringing a big boy.  

iBelink announcing a price gave Bitmain a way to price the market and squash the competition like a bug.  Inno once again seems to have the worst timing.  Just like the A4, not long after they launched that miner Bitmain launches a competitive miner that hashed better, used half the power, and was priced under the Inno A4.  So Inno was left holding the bag.  They took a beating on the A4.

Again Bitmain uses their monster monopoly position and the info from the competition to beat them over the head.  There is little room for these companies to recoup their engineering investment when Bitmain out of the gate prices these miners at this level.  

The people at iBelink will probably be OK, they did the preorder early enough to get people buying miners at premium prices and likely sold enough to dig themselves out of the hole for the money they invested to launch this.  However I am very concerned for Inno.  They didn't announce this miner soon enough.  They didn't get the orders they would need to recoup their costs.  This has to be a terrible blow to Inno and I don't know if they will survive this as far as continued investment and support for the mining community.  I just don't know if they can absorb that kind of financial loss.

The A5 on paper might be more efficient, but there is no way to justify that cost when Bitmain is out trying to squash everyone competing with them like a bug.   Realistically Inno can't compete at that price point, there is no way.   Nobody is going to compete at that price point that Bitmain has set.  If Inno could get that A5 price point down into the $4-5k price range now that prices are dropping and diff is already skyrocketing Inno might be able to move some miners at this reduced price.  But I wouldn't hold my breath that they will do it.  

I think they would probably take a loss on every unit moved if they dropped the price that much.  So who knows if they will even offer A5's beyond this pre-order batch.  I would think they have probably put in at least one decent sized order so there would be miners to sell to the general market as a batch 1, but once those are gone I have my doubts there will be anymore.  

So before we throw Inno under a bus about being ashamed I would try to put it in context.  And frankly I am very concerned for the miner market and our community after this because we may see most of the manufacturers take a beating and not come back with more miners in the future.  If anything I feel bad for anyone trying to offer a miner that has to face Bitmain.

What is happening right now may be the kill shot for anyone competing with Bitmain.  I hope I am wrong.

Bitmain is now too strong. The thing I do not like Bitmain is that they usually start to sell around 5am US time. It is too early for me and I have always been too late.

Yes, it's Bitmain's world (unfortunately) and we're just living in it.
jcwhiteuk

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:37:20 PM

Sorry for the people that bought 2nd batch of these. Hopefully the earlier adopters get ROI within a year. Doesn't look great though
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:59:17 PM

Sorry for the people that bought 2nd batch of these. Hopefully the earlier adopters get ROI within a year. Doesn't look great though

There was a second batch?  I must have missed something.  Did they come out with a batch 2 for sale?  You are right, the first batch look like they will be lucky to ROI in a year, any follow on batches does not look good at this price point.
jcwhiteuk

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:40:22 PM

There was a second batch?  I must have missed something.  Did they come out with a batch 2 for sale?  You are right, the first batch look like they will be lucky to ROI in a year, any follow on batches does not look good at this price point.

Sorry, I just assumed there will be a second batch as they emailed me and said first lot was sold out and another will be coming soon. I wasn't interested after they told be the initial price and time-frame, and after bitmain's announcement, I'll be definitely be staying away, even if they drop the price by half.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:06:55 AM

The way Inno has done this in the past is they will fill the pre-orders and then open up for general release to everyone.  But then again we don't live in normal times and all the normal rules don't seem to apply right now.  So who knows what they will do. 

My gut tells me they didn't sell the numbers they were looking for with the pre-order.  They set a deadline for the orders and once the deadline came they closed the orders and declared "sold out".  So I don't think they got the numbers they were looking for to be honest.  The term sold out was a careful marketing choice.   Anyone buying these at that price will get absolutely destroyed.

Now the iBelink DM22G is going to be shipping the same time frame as the A5.  I haven't seen a price for it yet, but just more dog piling into X11. 

crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:27:48 AM

I am just surprised these are going for twice as much on ebay almost $22k who in there right mind is paying that much when you can have 150GH/s or 10 of D3 for the same price.
jcwhiteuk

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:17:14 PM

People new to the mining game will do the numbers today and assume it will last, $22k for one? that's completely nuts..

I agree that people on the A5 preorder will be destroyed at current price. In the past, people who have made bad investments in mining equipment have been saved by the increase in bitcoin/alt coin prices. (they could have made much more just buying the coin to begin with). But this time it doesn't look good at all. Wish everyone the best of luck
sil2222

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:06:14 AM

People new to the mining game will do the numbers today and assume it will last, $22k for one? that's completely nuts..

I agree that people on the A5 preorder will be destroyed at current price. In the past, people who have made bad investments in mining equipment have been saved by the increase in bitcoin/alt coin prices. (they could have made much more just buying the coin to begin with). But this time it doesn't look good at all. Wish everyone the best of luck

This is straight out crazy Ebay sellers are listing the A5 as a 38 ghs overclocked with no explanation to buyer that overclocking voids warranty other sellers listing the A5 as 30 ghs are getting lower bids. I contacted Innosilicon and they will not cover warranty for overclock this is the same with bitmain. OVERCLOCK voids warranty period. I saw 1 miner listed as 38 ghs current big 18k WOW. What happens if history with Innosilicon repeats itserlf and they fail to meet advertised spec like with the A4 dominator went from 800 mhs announced spec to 280m mhs final production spec. These are interesting times indeed.
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:59:25 PM

Looks like a reseller is asking for 6500$ for new dm22g preorder. Unless its a scam its quite likely he will make a decent profit so the real price should be 3.5-5k

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/ibelink%E2%84%A2-dm22g-october-2017-batch.16211/

Hello Everyone,

I have an order for 100 units of DM22G - From the October batch. I will be keeping 25 of these units for myself. If you're interested in purchasing any of the other 75 units, do not hesitate to contact me. The price for each individual unit will be $6500.00 USD including shipping. These units will be shipped out by the 31st of October 2017.

If purchasing units is something that interests you, the payment would be required by the 14th of August 2017.

I hope some of you take a liking to this opportunity and again, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

iBelink DM22G Specification:

l Hash Function: X11

l Hash Rate: 22 GH/s ±5%

l Power Consumption: 810 W (at the wall, with 25°C ambient temp)

l Power Efficiency: 0.037 J/MH (at the wall, with 25°C ambient temp)

l Number of TNB0303 chips per unit:216

l Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C

l Network Connection: Ethernet

l Power Supply: 110V to 240V, 50Hz/60Hz

l Certifications: FCC, CE

l Dimensions: 490mm(L)*350mm(W)*180mm(H)

l Weight: 19kg (with packing materials)

Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:10:41 PM

Looks like a reseller is asking for 6500$ for new dm22g preorder. Unless its a scam its quite likely he will make a decent profit so the real price should be 3.5-5k

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/ibelink%E2%84%A2-dm22g-october-2017-batch.16211/

Hello Everyone,

I have an order for 100 units of DM22G - From the October batch. I will be keeping 25 of these units for myself. If you're interested in purchasing any of the other 75 units, do not hesitate to contact me. The price for each individual unit will be $6500.00 USD including shipping. These units will be shipped out by the 31st of October 2017.

If purchasing units is something that interests you, the payment would be required by the 14th of August 2017.

I hope some of you take a liking to this opportunity and again, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

The end of the x11 era for mining. At least you will be able to tell your kids that you were here during the great pre-order meltdown of 2017.

Is it the calculation that these are looking infeasible when they are actually delivered?  Huh

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mateuscmsp

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:58:28 PM

A question of courtesy, is this company INNOSILICON 100% reliable? The site looks fake and the product image is a drawing and not a photo. Has anyone ever bought from this company? Where can we check if it is as reliable a company as Bitmain?
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:19:51 PM

Yea I agree better to be off with x11 mining for now, there is going to be about 5k-10k pieces released from august to october, all of them doing from 11GH to 30GH, its going to be bloodbath.
If that 10K figure is true, then in the end of October one Antminer D3 will earn $14 a day, not $140, as of now. Any estimation on how long will it take to break even for those who receive D3 on 1st of October or worth yet 1st of November (given they spent on it $2700)? Undecided
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:23:27 PM

A question of courtesy, is this company INNOSILICON 100% reliable? The site looks fake and the product image is a drawing and not a photo. Has anyone ever bought from this company? Where can we check if it is as reliable a company as Bitmain?

Inno is a good company and good people.  They are an electronics company that make a lot of different things.  They do not specialize in miners, but they have proven themselves to make pretty good miners in the past. 

The people there are good to work with, but due to their size and scale it is nothing like dealing with Bitmain.  At Inno you will be working with people, the process is somewhat manual when ordering, and they do back up their product. 

hackmyl1fe

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:28:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

Jesus, i guess it goes with supply and demand but theres no way im paying that much!
mateuscmsp

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:48:12 PM

Inno is a good company and good people.  They are an electronics company that make a lot of different things.  They do not specialize in miners, but they have proven themselves to make pretty good miners in the past. 

The people there are good to work with, but due to their size and scale it is nothing like dealing with Bitmain.  At Inno you will be working with people, the process is somewhat manual when ordering, and they do back up their product. 

Thanks so much for your response and attention! Now a very personal opinion, I am new and would like a north (orienteering), do you think it is worth trying the purchase of the A5 at INNO or is it more assured to buy from BITMAIN?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:03:39 PM

Thanks so much for your response and attention! Now a very personal opinion, I am new and would like a north (orienteering), do you think it is worth trying the purchase of the A5 at INNO or is it more assured to buy from BITMAIN?

The price to performance ratio is WAY in the Bitmain column at this point.  Inno has to reduce the price to make this more appealing.  At some point in the not so distant future only the most efficient and hash dense miners will survive, but at this price point I can't recommend Inno. 
woogod

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:08:27 PM

+1 Inno is good company with good people, but at this point where bitmain is pumping out D3s they really should lower the price point.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
faxxer

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:02:47 PM

I'm quite skeptical on this. Anyway it's more worth to spend on Antminer D3 but the issues is it sold out instantly and people resell their order and the more worst thing being scam.
Longsnowsm

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:38:48 AM

I'm quite skeptical on this. Anyway it's more worth to spend on Antminer D3 but the issues is it sold out instantly and people resell their order and the more worst thing being scam.

If you are talking about spending $5000 each for a D3 that someone is "reselling" then why not just get the A5 from Inno since to get 30gh you are going to spend the same money.  However if you are buying D3's for $1500 each then it is a no brainer to buy them from Bitmain.  Availability is the issue. 

Sometimes you can get a reasonable markup over the manufacturers price with some vendors.  There are some reputable vendors out there that you can shop around, but I wouldn't be spending huge money on an X11 miner unless your going to get your hands on it immediately.  Profitability is going to get crushed when the miners start to ship.  This last batch of D3's ships in first 2 weeks of Nov and by then we won't see the huge profit numbers everyone is drooling over right now.
mateuscmsp

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:31:34 PM

The price to performance ratio is WAY in the Bitmain column at this point.  Inno has to reduce the price to make this more appealing.  At some point in the not so distant future only the most efficient and hash dense miners will survive, but at this price point I can't recommend Inno. 

I understand, so for now it's better D3 and wait for lower price at A5... Thank you for you reply!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: