Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:21:57 PM

You can buy 7 D3s for the price of 1 A5.

But bad side is that it will consume 7 times more power  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr_Snipes

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 10:09:44 PM

Once the DashMaster is about to ROI, it will be obsolete with that high price.
N00bMiner33

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:35:09 AM

What is the ROI right now for the DashMaster?
Currently i have it as sub 75 days. 
Benshelz

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:19:09 AM

But bad side is that it will consume 7 times more power  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

True but if 3 machines just paid the power for the group then 4 are left to almost double the A5 returns and the A5 still has to pay for its own power.

The A5 is a day late and a dollar short and insainly overpriced
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:49:48 AM

Given the current Dash mining difficulty, it will take around 8 months to break even on the price.
By the time the miner gets here, it will most likely take over a year to break even on the miner cost seeing as the difficulty rate of Dash is still skyrocketing.
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=32000&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=720&CostPerkWh=0.11
Dockin

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:18:10 AM

Yes.. but then the electricity cost would be about $8,500 a year, and you would need to have the power hookup to support 8400 watts.

Also, as the mining difficulty of Dash mining goes up, and the cost of power starts to equal close to the same amount as the Dash that has been mined, then you would be forced to shut down because there is more efficient mining equipment being run that are most efficient and draw less power.

Don't forget that efficiency (J/GHs) is everything in mining. Looking at GHs alone without considering the power consumption would be a gross negligence. Max GHs is only profitable when the mining difficulty has not caught up, as soon as everybody joins in, then it's a game of efficiency.

Don't get me wrong, I know that people who bought the A5 might not ever get their RIO, but I also believe that if that is the case, then anybody who bought the Antminer D3 that doesn't get in early enough will have even less of a chance.

The bottom line is that profiting off of an Antminer D3 means that you were able to plug it in and run it before the difficulty got to high. As soon as that happens (and it will happen because only the most efficient survive) then it's game over and either you came out a winner or a looser.

Profiting off of an Innosilicon A5 means that you were able to run it for over a year without competing with a more efficient miner ( Which does not currently exist, but we will see eventually  Roll Eyes )

Currently, there is a better chance of getting a ROI with the D3 because of it's price point and current difficulty rate. Once the Innosilicon A5's take over, it's only a matter of time before it costs more to run the D3 then it makes.
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 10:12:14 AM

How did you come up with that number ?
If we are very positive and assume that the difficulty will stay as it is and calculate with todays value we have:
$32 Profit per day (given 10 cents electricty-rate)
Now let's say you bought that thing for the cheaper price of 8.500 USD
In that fantasy-scenario you would need 265 days to ROI.
Remember: for that to come true you must also become a super-villian who destroys all asic-producers AND all miners currently being shipped or sitting on ebay.
BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:48:47 AM

When looking into mining, miner efficiency is the most important aspect

By efficiency I mean power to hash

A5 efficiency = 24.83
D3 efficiency = 80.00

A5 is the clear winner, almost 3 times more efficient, because it has a lower bottom line

In other words, running D3s will start making a loss while the A5s will still be profitable, forcing D3s to shut down cuz no one mines to make a loss  Wink

BITMAIN apparently saw this coming and responded by focusing on and flooding the market with D3s (unbelievable increase in difficulty is proof) before the A5 could even come to market to damage Innosilicon's chance in making large profits selling at 10k when it doesnt cost anything even near that to make, and also to protect themselves from making a huge loss since no one would order miners that show a loss at coinwarz

On the other hand, with the 10k price tag and increasing difficulty, ROI for the A5s will take decades, and the miner might break down and/or more efficient miners will be introduced making it impossible to ever get your capital back

Therefore, Don't touch neither, X11 mining is burnt

If you already did like me, then your just gona have to ride it out Sad

Dockin

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:08:43 PM

When looking into mining, miner efficiency is the most important aspect

By efficiency I mean power to hash

A5 efficiency = 24.83
D3 efficiency = 80.00

A5 is the clear winner, almost 3 times more efficient, because it has a lower bottom line

In other words, running D3s will start making a loss while the A5s will still be profitable, forcing D3s to shut down cuz no one mines to make a loss  Wink

BITMAIN apparently saw this coming and responded by focusing on and flooding the market with D3s (unbelievable increase in difficulty is proof) before the A5 could even come to market to damage Innosilicon's chance in making large profits selling at 10k when it doesnt cost anything even near that to make, and also to protect themselves from making a huge loss since no one would order miners that show a loss at coinwarz

On the other hand, with the 10k price tag and increasing difficulty, ROI for the A5s will take decades, and the miner might break down and/or more efficient miners will be introduced making it impossible to ever get your capital back

Therefore, Don't touch neither, X11 mining is burnt

If you already did like me, then your just gona have to ride it out Sad

I don't know What the 24.83 or 80 numbers represent, but yeah inno is still much more efficient. I don't agree that X11 mining is burnt. It would be, only if some manufacturer releases something more efficient than the A5, but if not, then I can see it still being profitable (if you can reach ROI in a a year or two with the A5... but that might be asking too much)

Think of how long the S9 has been out, and it's still the most powerful. There were a lot of people complaining about it's price point when it was first released.. even though it was only 1/4 of the price of the inno...

If the A5 remains on top for a while, I think it's still profitable in the long run.

Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 02:33:16 PM

compare the market-caps of Sha256 and X11 and the potential of these x11-coins - i don't think a comparison is realistic.
Dockin

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:27:42 PM

compare the market-caps of Sha256 and X11 and the potential of these x11-coins - i don't think a comparison is realistic.

How is the market caps between the Sha256 and X11 coin algorithms relevant in determining profitability?
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:58:40 PM

Yes.. but then the electricity cost would be about $8,500 a year, and you would need to have the power hookup to support 8400 watts.

Profiting off of an Innosilicon A5 means that you were able to run it for over a year without competing with a more efficient miner ( Which does not currently exist, but we will see eventually  Roll Eyes )

Currently, there is a better chance of getting a ROI with the D3 because of it's price point and current difficulty rate. Once the Innosilicon A5's take over, it's only a matter of time before it costs more to run the D3 then it makes.
You are correct, but lesser electricity price is for a particular miner, then lesser power efficiency of A5 over D3  matters, doesn't it?
Dockin

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:23:13 PM

You are correct, but lesser electricity price is for a particular miner, then lesser power efficiency of A5 over D3  matters, doesn't it?

The A5 is more efficient than the D3. And yes, that does matter. I don't understand what you are asking.
Dockin

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:42:57 AM

Thought I would bring this up here.
At current difficulty rate, it is more profitable to mine BTC using an Antminer S9 than it is to mine Dash using an Antminer D3.
That just goes to show how fast the mining difficulty of Dash has skyrocketed.
It also goes to show that only the most efficient survive.

When the A5 starts to equal to profit margins of the Antminer S9, the D3 will be obsolete.

Of course when that happens, the A5 will only be making ~$11 USD a day.. which will not help on the ROI given the price point.  Undecided
Mr_Snipes

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 06:17:48 AM

How is the market caps between the Sha256 and X11 coin algorithms relevant in determining profitability?

uhm... because it's an indicator of the market-size. And i suppose you want to sell your coins, because they aren't edible  Wink
If the market is just some certain size and you can expect a large size of miners to start dumping what they mined in sell-orders immediately it'll crash the price.
Or to say it more simple: market-cap indicates ammount of buyers: few buyers many sellers -> price goes down
BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:56:34 AM

Any A5 preorder customers here?

If you are one, have you heard from Innosilicon latley Huh

I have been trying to contact them for the past 10 -15 days, they don't reply to emails

I hope Innosilicon don't let us down! but if they do then they can forget about selling pre orders in the future no one will trust them anymore

Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:33:32 AM

I have been trying to contact them for the past 10 -15 days, they don't reply to emails

I hope Innosilicon don't let us down! but if they do then they can forget about selling pre orders in the future no one will trust them anymore

Someone posted in a slack channel  regarding the delivery of the a5s. Did they not email everyone to inform them that the shipment is late a few weeks? From the email they also stated that they will make up for the lost time, delay on their part pretty much. By giving customers 10-20% more hashrate on their orders.
Im not 100% sure, but i asked about innosilicon a5 deliveries and someone posted the email they recieved from inno support team. Anybody else who recieved this email regarding them compensating buyers with more hashrate due to them being late on delivery time. Anyone can chime in here and let us know?
polyminer

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:08:57 AM

Someone posted in a slack channel  regarding the delivery of the a5s. Did they not email everyone to inform them that the shipment is late a few weeks? From the email they also stated that they will make up for the lost time, delay on their part pretty much. By giving customers 10-20% more hashrate on their orders.
Im not 100% sure, but i asked about innosilicon a5 deliveries and someone posted the email they recieved from inno support team. Anybody else who recieved this email regarding them compensating buyers with more hashrate due to them being late on delivery time. Anyone can chime in here and let us know?

This is the email that I got from Innosilicon for the A5 order:

Dear A5 Dashmaster Customers,

Thank you for your purchase in Innosilicon products! With the increased difficulty, the advantages of A5 can be clearly seen.
While we understand our customers’ desire to receive the Dashmaster miner as soon as possible, the delivery is delayed due to our foundry and assembly houses. According to the factory responsible for production, there is a small amount of rework to be done. Thus, the delivery date will be moved back (shipping is expected around early to mid Nov, about two weeks delay). We apologize for the small delay and are doing our best to pull in.
To make up for the delay, we offer a plan of added hashpower and delay compensation for Batch1 shipment plus Batch2 discount:     
Increased hashpower for every A5 unit
On the basis on the promised 30.2G computing power, an addition of 12% ASIC will be added, ensuring more hashpower(34G)even in normal mode. All the extra hashpower is for free for you!
Double delayed compensation
In case of delay, you will receive twice the amount of delay compensation specified in the invoice. That is, instead of the original 10% hashpower per month or 0.3% hashpower per day compensation, now, you will get 0.6% additional hashpower per day or 20% extra hashpower for each month delayed. The compensation will be converted into computing power. If it is less than one machine, it will be converted into coupons to be used on purchasing any of our miner products.
Discount on later purchase
For customers affected by the delay, we will give special discount in the next batch of miners. Yes, just give us your invoice number and we will give you coupons for later purchase.
If you have any other questions or requests, please contact us viahttp://www.innosilicon.com/html/message/index.html.
Once again we thank you for your support and apologize for the delay. We are working very hard to pull in schedule still. Please look forward to more new and exciting products from us!

Best Regards,
Innosilicon Marketing Team

bytiges

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:05:15 PM

Well, that 12% increase in hash power will come with 12% increase in electric power too.

I'm wondering how they managed to be 50% more efficient than D3
Mike011

Activity: 312
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 02:17:30 PM

Just checked their site and for the DECEMBER batch (lol) price is 10k dollars! Yeah, good luck with that Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: