Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:20:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:24:38 PM

Again, if the price is what is going to save you then you need to understand that it would still be more profitable to buy dash rather than mine Dash. I can see that you are having trouble grasping that concept.

Do you think mining Bitcoin with s9 or Litcoin with L3 also make no sence?  Is it better just to buy them and hold?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mittooss

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:49:53 PM

It seems great
coinfoundry

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Miningcore

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 02:26:16 PM

By the way, if you're looking for an ASIC miner compatible pool, try https://poolmining.org/pool/dash

Miningcore.pro - Stress-Free, Reliable Crypto Mining. Period.
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:34:12 PM

Again, if the price is what is going to save you then you need to understand that it would still be more profitable to buy dash rather than mine Dash. I can see that you are having trouble grasping that concept.

Do you think mining Bitcoin with s9 or Litcoin with L3 also make no sence?  Is it better just to buy them and hold?

Yes, it's more profitable to mine Bitcoin with an S9 or Litecoin with an L3+ than to mine Dash with anything. Right now it makes more sense to use an S9 or L3+ rather than mine Dash just because of how the network difficulty has skyrocketed in Dash.

Pretty much the only way to reach an ROI in Dash is if the value of Dash goes way up. And if this does happen, you will make more by buying Dash instead of mining it in the first place. With Bitcoin and Litecoin right now, you don't need to depend of a price increase to reach an ROI with an S9 or L3+, there is a good chance you can reach an ROI even if the price of Bitcoin or Litecoin were to stay the same.

Of course there is a chance that A5 owners could potentially reach ROI without a Dash price increase, but that would mean that we are able to mine Dash for about 4 years without more efficient Dash equipment being released, but odds are very against this ever happening.

This can easily change though... Innosilicon is releasing what I believe is the worlds most efficient Litecoin miner soon (Pfft soon... hahah) called the A4+.. so I would personally stay out of LiteCoin for a while because the network difficulty is now due for another major increase.
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:56:09 PM

Hey guys

Anyone received an a5 yet Huh
Nope. Haven't heard anybody who claimed to have received one yet. Although...

I did find a couple A5 videos popping up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr3qDZuRKHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8cw5aeIkQ

If you haven't checked Innosilicon's Twitter page, there is a short video of them in action.

The A5 appears to be quite a bit smaller than the Antminer D3, which I found to be quite interesting.
Also, from what I gather using YouTube's auto generated English closed captions (quite inaccurate I know..), the guy in the video claims that normal mode is in fact 30 GH/s, 32GH/s in 'esa' and 38GH/s overclocked. Not sure if 'esa' was translated correctly... if anybody knows please enlighten me. He also claims 750 Watts of energy consumption in normal mode.

He also states that the D3 is nosier than the A5, which I think is also a big plus for anybody who will be running the A5 at home or more likely in their garage.

When he plugs it in he ends up getting 33GH/s which is quite nice! If this is legit, then Innosilicon actually managed to hit their promised target which is good news. Not sure it will be enough to hit an ROI any time soon though  Sad

Ya about that video did you notice the power meter at the wall? it had a reading above 800 W, different from the 7 stated in the same video Shocked
No I missed it, where in the video do you see a power meter at the wall?
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:06:08 PM

More pictures and another video from a seller on AliExpress. I believe the seller is out of stock though.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OUT-Stock-NEW-INNOSILICON-A5-Dash-Miner-X11-Algorithm-30-2GH-S-Dash-Miners-750W/32841122637.html

cuteman

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 03:40:30 PM

Innosilicon is releasing what I believe is the worlds most efficient Litecoin miner soon (Pfft soon... hahah) called the A4+.. so I would personally stay out of LiteCoin for a while because the network difficulty is now due for another major increase.
Checked A4+ and see that it's ROI is 177 days, wich is worse than L3 (111 days)  -    this is because it's price is 2 time more than L3,  but hashrate is only 1.23 time more.

Regarding staying away, I think this is not the same as with Dash, because hashrate with A4+ increases insigificantly compared with currently available miners.  But with D3 situation was conpletely different - it's productivity was hunred times more than other miners when it appeared.
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:32:45 PM

Innosilicon is releasing what I believe is the worlds most efficient Litecoin miner soon (Pfft soon... hahah) called the A4+.. so I would personally stay out of LiteCoin for a while because the network difficulty is now due for another major increase.
Checked A4+ and see that it's ROI is 177 days, wich is worse than L3 (111 days)  -    this is because it's price is 2 time more than L3,  but hashrate is only 1.23 time more.

Regarding staying away, I think this is not the same as with Dash, because hashrate with A4+ increases insigificantly compared with currently available miners.  But with D3 situation was conpletely different - it's productivity was hunred times more than other miners when it appeared.
Yeah I agree that ROI might take a little longer with the A4+ compared to the L3+ but the point being is that the A4+ is still slightly more efficient. Whenever there is a more efficient miner released, the difficulty rate goes up pretty fast. Currently an L3+ can make net you about $10 - $15 USD per day after power costs in the US. I would guess they would be making $7 - $10 USD after the A4+ is released. Actually that's not to bad TBH, but then again, at that point, why not just buy an Antminer S9? It would likely be just as profitable for around the same price, and it's at the top of it's game for efficiency. There is less of a chance that there will be another Bitcoin miner released within the next year that would make the S9 obsolete. I can't say the same for the L3+, A4+, or Dash miners for that matter.

I said that I would personally stay away from the L3+ because if anybody was looking to turn a real profit, it would have been when the L3+ was first released. If you plugged an L3+ in now, you do still have a good chance to reach an ROI after a year, but expect to be making $2 - $5 a day if anything after reaching ROI. I think you would likely still come out on top, but I just feel that there are better things to invest in ATM.

Either way, I believe that mining LTC with either a L3+ or A4+ (once it is released) would have a better chance of making any profit compared to anything in Dash right now.

I also believe that mining good old fashioned Bitcoin with an S9 would be the most profitable out of all of the ASIC options mentioned above unfortunately.
cuteman

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:07:30 PM

why not just buy an Antminer S9? It would likely be just as profitable for around the same price, and it's at the top of it's game for efficiency. There is less of a chance that there will be another Bitcoin miner released within the next year that would make the S9 obsolete. I can't say the same for the L3+, A4+, or Dash miners for that matter.

I also believe that mining good old fashioned Bitcoin with an S9 would be the most profitable out of all of the ASIC options mentioned above unfortunately.
You seem to be correct. I am currently considering to order a few new miners, and incline to S9 - because of the current good return, and in particular because BTC price will most ikely to continuously rise in future (with some drops of course)  than other coins (to my opinion).  

But after D3 disaster (which i thoughtlessly bought a few units), I am too afraid that some company would invent much more efficient miner than S9, and same scenario repeats as with D3.     Why do you think this won't happen with s9 in near future, or within a year at least?  
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:32:42 PM

why not just buy an Antminer S9? It would likely be just as profitable for around the same price, and it's at the top of it's game for efficiency. There is less of a chance that there will be another Bitcoin miner released within the next year that would make the S9 obsolete. I can't say the same for the L3+, A4+, or Dash miners for that matter.

You seem to be correct. I am currently considering to order a few new miners, and incline to S9 - because of the current good return, and in particular because BTC price will most ikely to continuously rise in future (with some drops of course)  than other coins (to my opinion).  

But after D3 disaster (which i thoughtlessly bought a few units), I am too afraid that some company would invent much more efficient miner than S9, and same scenario repeats as with D3.     Why do you think this won't happen with s9 in near future, or within a year at least?  
Herein lies the risk associated in the mining game. There always has, and always will be these types of risks involved in mining crypto.

I'm not saying that it's impossible that the same thing won't happen with the S9 in the future, but I do believe the chances are much smaller that it will because of the fact that companies have been trying to make the most efficient Bitcoin miners for 8 years, where as companies that have been focusing on LTC and Dash had only gotten serious about it recently (of course LTC has been in it for a while.. but still relatively new) so the limit as to how much hashing power can be physically stuffed into one miner cannot yet be measured as well as with Bitcoin miners. The S9 uses (almost) the latest and greatest technology even by todays standard, using the 16nm mining chips that are the smallest, most efficient cost effective chips out on the market.

The mining chips used in Bitcoin miners have nearly hit the 'Moore's Law' Wall, meaning that exponentially more efficient mining chips are no longer possible to produce, meaning that what we have inside of the S9 is (almost) as efficient as they will ever be for a while. Yes, China has announced a bitcoin miner that uses 14nm mining chips (basically the smaller the nm number, the more efficient they are..) and yes, they will probably make a more efficient miner, but only to a certain extent. Right now it is much much harder / more expensive to create anything that would be efficient enough to make the Antminer S9 obsolete.

Even Andreas Antonopoulos has said that the chips will lead to extended shelf life of mining equipment because of Moore's Law.
http://blogchain.info/post/14nm-chips-will-re-decentralize-mining-says-antonopoulos
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:06:43 PM

The S9 has already been out for some time now.  Other players have already made announcements that put them on the playing field next year.  So I would fully expect to see new hardware in the SHA256 space next year that will force everyone to upgrade.  The announcements that have already been put out there are talking about pretty significant increases in efficiency.   So if you jump on the S9 today just be aware of what is coming.  The new hardware could put a crimp on your ROI plans.

The Dashmaster has the best chance of sticking around for the longer haul in the X11 space because of efficiency, but sadly all this hash power from so many miner producers has crushed any dreams of even getting your money back in any time frame that makes any sense.  We have to hope for a rising price to raise all boats now. 

I am am glad I didn't spend 10k on a Dashmaster at this point.  I am already pretty much looking at my D3's as a loss at the moment.  Thankfully I didn't buy very many of them.
Dockin

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 07:42:28 PM

The S9 has already been out for some time now.  Other players have already made announcements that put them on the playing field next year.  So I would fully expect to see new hardware in the SHA256 space next year that will force everyone to upgrade.  The announcements that have already been put out there are talking about pretty significant increases in efficiency.   So if you jump on the S9 today just be aware of what is coming.  The new hardware could put a crimp on your ROI plans.

The Dashmaster has the best chance of sticking around for the longer haul in the X11 space because of efficiency, but sadly all this hash power from so many miner producers has crushed any dreams of even getting your money back in any time frame that makes any sense.  We have to hope for a rising price to raise all boats now. 

I am am glad I didn't spend 10k on a Dashmaster at this point.  I am already pretty much looking at my D3's as a loss at the moment.  Thankfully I didn't buy very many of them.
Just because the S9's have been out for a while, doesn't mean they are going to be obsolete. Yes, other mining companies will release more efficient Bitcoin miners in the future, that is inevitable. The only difference now though is, with Bitcoin, companies will not be able to release something that is twice as efficient as the Bitmain S9, maybe only 15% - 20% at most because Bitcoin miners are already hitting Moore's Law and the chips used inside mining machines are getting close to being as efficient and as small as possible already.

With Dash, I would not be surprised if they come out with a 64GH/s X11 @ 1000W miner next year, because they probably can. Unlike Bitcoin, Dash mining equipment hasn't hit near its full potential yet.

Even though the S9 has been out for a year and a half, I still believe that it will be more relevant / profitable than any X11 miner currently available just because of how far Bitcoin mining equipment has pushed the envelope already. The Dashminer A5 has a much better chance of becoming obsolete before the S9 ever does. I've been mining with an S9 for over a year and am waiting for my A5 to come in. I realized a couple months ago that I made a huge mistake. Like many others, I knew that the Dash difficulty was going to skyrocket eventually, but thought I could get in before it was too late. Had I known, I would have just bought more S9s.

BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:40:27 AM

Hey guys

Anyone received an a5 yet Huh
Nope. Haven't heard anybody who claimed to have received one yet. Although...

I did find a couple A5 videos popping up on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr3qDZuRKHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8cw5aeIkQ

If you haven't checked Innosilicon's Twitter page, there is a short video of them in action.

The A5 appears to be quite a bit smaller than the Antminer D3, which I found to be quite interesting.
Also, from what I gather using YouTube's auto generated English closed captions (quite inaccurate I know..), the guy in the video claims that normal mode is in fact 30 GH/s, 32GH/s in 'esa' and 38GH/s overclocked. Not sure if 'esa' was translated correctly... if anybody knows please enlighten me. He also claims 750 Watts of energy consumption in normal mode.

He also states that the D3 is nosier than the A5, which I think is also a big plus for anybody who will be running the A5 at home or more likely in their garage.

When he plugs it in he ends up getting 33GH/s which is quite nice! If this is legit, then Innosilicon actually managed to hit their promised target which is good news. Not sure it will be enough to hit an ROI any time soon though  Sad

Ya about that video did you notice the power meter at the wall? it had a reading above 800 W, different from the 7 stated in the same video Shocked
No I missed it, where in the video do you see a power meter at the wall?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nyIewRpB4U
1:13 - But now that I came back to it, that is the miner overclocked

Still its different than what he states verbally

Speaking of overclocking, anyone here planning of overclocking his a5?

If so, do u know how? and what are the risks associated with it?

Regarding S9s, I am running a few too but you need to remember the ROI is tied to the huge increase in price, making it one of those "If you just hold the coin instead of mine you would get the same result without the headache"

Bitcoin's price seems under attack lately and especially with the USDT tether scam pumping the price drama

So if bitcoin's price comes down, many miners will need to exit, specially ones that are running less than 100 as the return per miner would become too low and everyone would want to get rid of his miner asap as they know before the time they would start netting profit newer more efficient miners will arrive

Just my 2 cents
polyminer

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 12:21:01 PM

Anyone got their A5? I have and it's not hashing. Miner status keeps refreshing and on pool side nothing. Tried nicehash, miningpoolhub, suprnova and zpool. Even with the default pool, miner status just stuck on refresh. However, the miner is drawing around 750W from the wall. Ethernet is working. Even upgrade the firmware (g19 is my version) according to their recent tweet and still nothing. Sent ticket to them yesterday and waiting for their response. Paid 10K USD and you would expect a machine that will run flawless but nope!

I was wondering if anyone is having same problem as me?
gvsrusa

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:08:14 PM

Anyone got their A5? I have and it's not hashing. Miner status keeps refreshing and on pool side nothing. Tried nicehash, miningpoolhub, suprnova and zpool. Even with the default pool, miner status just stuck on refresh. However, the miner is drawing around 750W from the wall. Ethernet is working. Even upgrade the firmware (g19 is my version) according to their recent tweet and still nothing. Sent ticket to them yesterday and waiting for their response. Paid 10K USD and you would expect a machine that will run flawless but nope!

I was wondering if anyone is having same problem as me?
Did you do any changes to the network settings? I have mine running on Nicehash with 33.5 Gh @ 690 watts.
polyminer

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:18:52 PM

Did you do any changes to the network settings? I have mine running on Nicehash with 33.5 Gh @ 690 watts.

At first fire up, did not do anything. Waited 5min and the miner status was still refreshing. So I check the instruction pdf on their website and change the network setting as in the instructions. Still nothing. Even reset and still nothing, I was able to upgrade no problem.
gvsrusa

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 06:51:22 PM

At first fire up, did not do anything. Waited 5min and the miner status was still refreshing. So I check the instruction pdf on their website and change the network setting as in the instructions. Still nothing. Even reset and still nothing, I was able to upgrade no problem.
I think your network settings causing the problem. Check your dns1 and dns2 settings. For me, with default settng it was working fine. After couple of minutes i changed network settings with wrong dns1 and dns2 by mistake. Then i changed them to default numbers and its working fine now.
polyminer

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 08:34:16 PM

I think your network settings causing the problem. Check your dns1 and dns2 settings. For me, with default settng it was working fine. After couple of minutes i changed network settings with wrong dns1 and dns2 by mistake. Then i changed them to default numbers and its working fine now.
Ok got it to work. Thanks.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 09:14:45 PM

i am selling 8 a5 dashmaster or trading them for d3 ..somebody?

thx

I have 4 d3 that will be deliverd some time next week, ill trade you 4 for an A5
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

WE are talking about people who already have D3's in hand book it if they keep their machines plugged in they will at the minimum ROI as long as they did not get gouged on the price and bought directly from bitmain.

I suspect you don't even follow your own advice telling people to sell their D3's which they just got LOL , who knows what will happen with dash prices , forks whatever next year.

smart miners are in this for the long run, this is not a get quick rich scheme keep on with the misinformation and fear mongering , only idiots will listen to you.  Us old school miners have been here before carry on ...

Please do some research and stop making assumptions.

How do you believe that ROI will be achieved? D3's are not the most efficient miner out there and everybody who bought one knew that before purchasing it. Even if the price stays exactly as it is now, the network difficulty is too high to make an ROI now. I'm not saying to sell them, but there is a slim chance that anybody will be able to make an ROI if they started mining today. If they started a month ago then they may have a chance.

I don't own and D3's and I probably would sell them if I did.

If you really believe that the Dash price will save everybody, then go buy Dash now because you will make more doing so than you would mining it. The Dash price increase is the only saving grace for D3 purchasers, and if they knew that before they bought them, they would have just bought Dash instead.

If you are in this for the long run, then you should know that the D3 is definitely not going to make you a profit. People only bought them to get in the game while the difficulty rate of mining was still low (The opposite reason as going into it for the long run). If you managed to be one of those people, and had started mining a month ago, then congrats you might have reached ROI and be $500 ahead after a year. If you start mining now, you will never reach ROI with a D3.

If you think I'm just spreading misinformed information and fear mongering, I'm sorry but you don't understand simple facts and network statistics.

all this from a 19 post expert 😂😂😂😂
my last comment on this : Everyone can do what they want but history always repeats itself in the mining game
I've given my advice lol take it or leave it, even this wana be expert doesnt have a crystal ball although it seems he would like you to believe he does.

If you feel you need to sell your D3 go for it but , im my opionion its a short sighted move unless you get close to what you paid for it I would hang on to it lots could happen price wise in the next 12 months

Long time miner here...and yes I'm pissed that my 3 D3's arriving tomorrow direct from Bitmain are barely profitable out of the box....But in true miner fashion I will mine the shit out of these suckers and make sure I get a ROI one way or another......Bitmain really fk'ed us on this one but then again am i ever glad I didn't go for the A5...I remembered all the disasters with them in the past.

I should also mention about a month ago I emailed Bitmain saying they should exchange my D3's for S9's seeing how I havent even got them yet...I got crickets from them....nothing, not even a response.

Mining the shit out of Dash with D3s will put you more in the hole than coming anywhere near getting an ROI. I would either sell them, or wait a few months and see if the Dash mining difficulty decreases, which is not guaranteed

Where did I say I was going to mine Dash with them?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: