Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
lynewyork

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:30:35 AM

I have a question for those of you who have done the TF card firmware update. I have build dates of ~11/13/17 on all 10 of my a5s and they do have the TF card readers installed. When reading the manual for flashing via TF card it clearly shows how to set the boot image on the card. But then the last part of the instructions tell you to go into the miner via browser and update firmware there. It says to do it from the firmware you dl onto your pc and says nothing about using the tf card.

What exactly do i do with the tf card i just setup? Put it in there and update firmware via pc using web interface or does it update off the tf card? I'd rather not brick these things, i've already got 1 with a dead hashing board and many others with the pw problem...

I was also wondering about this. The Instructions that Innosilicon provided to update the A5 through TF card reader is not clear.
I assumed the same thing you did.. I put the TF card into the reader, then did the browser update using the 'Update File' provided on their website.

Seems to work okay so far...

It seems that may people are having issues with the A5's. I've heard many others mention that they have dead hash boards, or missing TF card readers. I have also read many posts mentioning software issues people have been experiencing.

I cannot believe how irresponsible Innosilicon has been to their customers and the community. Comments on their Twitter page are tearing them to shreds, calling them out on all of these issues that they refuse to acknowledge any of their customers, then go on to advertise their newest A4+ on their page and pretend like everything is fine.

My personal experience with Innosilicon so far has been:
- Several months late on promised miner arrival time
- Very unclear instructions
- No response from support when I tried to email for clarification at any point
- Was promised free A4+ as compensation for late A5 delivery in one email
- They took back their promise in the next email, but then actually offered it again on the condition I wire them over $400 US for shipping charges
- I wired them the $400 over 2 weeks ago and still have not been able to get a confirmation.
- No longer answering any of my emails

I call them Inno-SHIT. The worst deal I ever had. Never from Inno-SHIT anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy71

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:47:39 AM

I have a question for those of you who have done the TF card firmware update. I have build dates of ~11/13/17 on all 10 of my a5s and they do have the TF card readers installed. When reading the manual for flashing via TF card it clearly shows how to set the boot image on the card. But then the last part of the instructions tell you to go into the miner via browser and update firmware there. It says to do it from the firmware you dl onto your pc and says nothing about using the tf card.

What exactly do i do with the tf card i just setup? Put it in there and update firmware via pc using web interface or does it update off the tf card? I'd rather not brick these things, i've already got 1 with a dead hashing board and many others with the pw problem...

I was also wondering about this. The Instructions that Innosilicon provided to update the A5 through TF card reader is not clear.
I assumed the same thing you did.. I put the TF card into the reader, then did the browser update using the 'Update File' provided on their website.

It seems that may people are having issues with the A5's. I've heard many others mention that they have dead hash boards, or missing TF card readers. I have also read many posts mentioning software issues people have been experiencing.

I cannot believe how irresponsible Innosilicon has been to their customers and the community. Comments on their Twitter page are tearing them to shreds, calling them out on all of these issues that they refuse to acknowledge any of their customers, then go on to advertise their newest A4+ on their page and pretend like everything is fine.

- They took back their promise in the next email, but then actually offered it again on the condition I wire them over $400 US for shipping charges
- I wired them the $400 over 2 weeks ago and still have not been able to get a confirmation.

I call them Inno-SHIT. The worst deal I ever had. Never from Inno-SHIT anymore.
only one problem if you try to found some about a5  google dont show SCAM!! SO SOON THEY WILL HAVE NEW VICTIMS...
Bob-Bit

Activity: 241
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

So they come out with a good miner and a bad one at the same time. Way to go.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅✈✈✈ (https://privcy.eu/)
funbuxx

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:14:42 AM

Hey guys,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42630136

The miner in the picture here is an A5 right?

FB

Inno_ASIC

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 11:32:04 AM

Great news! We now have very limited number of brand new A5 32.5Gh/s 750W (in normal mode) DashMaster in stock for clearance. The DashMasters are the world most powerful, power efficient and reliable miners that were previously sold out and now just became available. 

For interested volume buyers who desire 50 miners or more, please email us at miner_a5@innosilicon.com.cn and take advantage of this clearance week with good deal plus free PSU.

Happy new year and have a nice holiday!

From: http://www.innosilicon.com/html/a5-miner/index.html

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
lynewyork

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:13:31 PM

Let take this quote to show how Inno-SHIT treats their clients. I am also one of their victims. Never from Inno-SHIT anymore.

Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:04:01 PM

Dear customer,

Thanks for your feedback about A5 miner.

We have been upgrading our firmware for more stable and efficient performance of Inno miners.
More info please go to Innosilicon Support Centre at:  http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/ when you meet problems.

If upgrading the firmware cannot solve your problem, please send the details in email to miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn or add Skype(same with the support address).
We will get back to you asap. Thank you.

Thanks for your valuable comments; we will continuously improve our service in the future. Looking forward to bring you the excellent customer exprience in the future! 

Inno_ASIC

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 01:06:09 PM

Dear customer,

We have been upgrading our firmware for more stable and efficient performance of Inno miners.
More info please go to Innosilicon Support Centre at:  http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/ when you meet problems.

If upgrading the firmware cannot solve your problem, please send the details in email to miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn or add Skype(same with the support address).

Thanks for your valuable comments; we will continuously improve our service in the future. Looking forward to bring you the excellent customer exprience in the future! 

Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 05:27:19 PM

Stay away from Inno.

Late delay, to expensive, bad support.

Add to equation this one show up only to speak about sell, dont give any support before this 2 answer.

Dont be stupid, dont buy anything from this company

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Djo1925

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:11:00 PM

good!!!
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:12:51 PM

Now sing it: "All i really saying is they don't really care about us"

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
Dockin

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:31:46 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 06:54:26 PM by Dockin

Dear customer,

More info please go to Innosilicon Support Centre at:  http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/ when you meet problems.

Unbelievable.. You have made direct replies to two concerns from two different customers but addressed neither of them.

• The 'Innosilicon Support Centre' documents do NOT have instructions on what to do with the TF card once you flash the new firmware on it, as EdgeOfSanity had explained.
  • Your advice to "please send the details in email to miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn" is useless because I HAVE ALREADY EMAILED over 3 weeks ago about my wire transfer and nobody had messaged me saying that it had been received, let alone any information about shipping or delivery dates.
  • I am already running the latest HW version, it actually is running well, and I am incredibly grateful for that. It's more than what many other customers can say. So your advise about updating had nothing to do with what has been discussed.
  • Not sure if you know this, but nobody from your company is ever online on Skype...

Perhaps there is a language barrier?
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:52:27 PM

Dear customer,

More info please go to Innosilicon Support Centre at:  http://www.innosilicon.com/html/downA4/ when you meet problems.

Unbelievable.. You have made direct replies to two concerns from two different customers but addressed neither of them.

• The 'Innosilicon Support Centre' documents do NOT have instructions on what to do with the TF card once you flash the new firmware on it, as EdgeOfSanity had explained.
  • Your advice to "please send the details in email to miner_support@innosilicon.com.cn" is useless because I HAVE ALREADY EMAILED over 3 weeks ago about my wire transfer and nobody had messaged me saying that it had been received, let alone any information about shipping or delivery dates.
  • I am already running the latest HW version, it actually is running well, and I am incredibly grateful for that. It's more than what many other customers can say. So your advise about updating had nothing to do with what has been discussed.
  • Not sure if you know this, but nobody from your company is ever online on Skype...

Perhaps there is a language barrier?
Yes, they only speak FUCK YOU
Dockin

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 02:29:33 PM

If we thought the instructions for updating software on the A5 through the TF card reader was bad. Wait until you see the instructions for the newest mandatory hardware update PDF titled "Mandatory hardware fix to avoid overheating in A5 dashmaster". It's actually hilariously poorly written.

Any other legitimate company would offer a paid recall of their product and fix their overheating hardware issue to maintain their reputation and trust. I guess since it has been made clear that all their customers are dissatisfied and angry at Innosilicon, I guess they figure they have nothing to lose by issuing their latest update requiring the customers to do it themselves.

Apparently their warranty seal means nothing if they are demanding that customers actually open up their miners and fuck with very intricate components Cheesy Not that it matters to me because mine came with broken warranty seals anyways Roll Eyes

I'm surprised that my A5 is actually hashing nicely at 33 GH/s. Everything they do is such a facepalm that it seems like a miracle that they actually managed to create the worlds most efficient Dash miner (commercially available at the time of this post).

Also, changing topic, more A5's are popping up on eBay. The one I saw today was selling as a "Buy it now" / "Free shipping" for $5300 US... Ouch.
dhb220

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:17:53 PM

If we thought the instructions for updating software on the A5 through the TF card reader was bad. Wait until you see the instructions for the newest mandatory hardware update PDF titled "Mandatory hardware fix to avoid overheating in A5 dashmaster". It's actually hilariously poorly written.

Any other legitimate company would offer a paid recall of their product and fix their overheating hardware issue to maintain their reputation and trust. I guess since it has been made clear that all their customers are dissatisfied and angry at Innosilicon, I guess they figure they have nothing to lose by issuing their latest update requiring the customers to do it themselves.

Apparently their warranty seal means nothing if they are demanding that customers actually open up their miners and fuck with very intricate components Cheesy Not that it matters to me because mine came with broken warranty seals anyways Roll Eyes

I'm surprised that my A5 is actually hashing nicely at 33 GH/s. Everything they do is such a facepalm that it seems like a miracle that they actually managed to create the worlds most efficient Dash miner (commercially available at the time of this post).

Also, changing topic, more A5's are popping up on eBay. The one I saw today was selling as a "Buy it now" / "Free shipping" for $5300 US... Ouch.

I seriously lost it when I saw the email. I will never buy from them again.
dhb220

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

For me, I've struggled to even receive compensation for a PSU that was dead on arrival in November 2017. Of course, I promptly bought a new one on Amazon to get the A5 operational for $190.

They only want to send me a coupon for $60 as they clearly do not stand behind any "warranty" that they list on their website. Considering how much money I've spent on the A5, the idea that they wouldn't offer full compensation for the whole PSU or a ship a new unit is beyond amazing. Add to that all of the issues with the actual miner, I hope no one else is foolish enough to send this company another penny. Bitmain 100% from here on out. They are not perfect, but they are MUCH better than Innosilicon.
Dockin

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:07:54 PM

For me, I've struggled to even receive compensation for a PSU that was dead on arrival in November 2017. Of course, I promptly bought a new one on Amazon to get the A5 operational for $190.

They only want to send me a coupon for $60 as they clearly do not stand behind any "warranty" that they list on their website. Considering how much money I've spent on the A5, the idea that they wouldn't offer full compensation for the whole PSU or a ship a new unit is beyond amazing. Add to that all of the issues with the actual miner, I hope no one else is foolish enough to send this company another penny. Bitmain 100% from here on out. They are not perfect, but they are MUCH better than Innosilicon.
Wow. There's got to be legal action that we could be taking when it comes to things like this. They can't just guarantee a warranty and back out when anybody goes needs it.

I've actually never tested my PSU that came with it because I already had a APW3++ on hand that I'm using for the A5.. I wonder if mine works! Huh

Even the last update should be covered under warranty seeing as it's mandatory. I bet that now that we open up our miners (those of us that have sealed warranty stickers) to do the latest hardware update, then they are going to start saying that we voided our warranty because the seals are broken.

I've never heard of a company that blatantly treats their customers so badly. Maybe it's because they usually don't last long enough for word to get around...
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:11:08 PM

Wow. There's got to be legal action that we could be taking when it comes to things like this. They can't just guarantee a warranty and back out when anybody goes needs it.

I've actually never tested my PSU that came with it because I already had a APW3++ on hand that I'm using for the A5.. I wonder if mine works! Huh

Even the last update should be covered under warranty seeing as it's mandatory. I bet that now that we open up our miners (those of us that have sealed warranty stickers) to do the latest hardware update, then they are going to start saying that we voided our warranty because the seals are broken.

I've never heard of a company that blatantly treats their customers so badly. Maybe it's because they usually don't last long enough for word to get around...

These guys have been around for a while though. People have always been saying shit about them (and rightfully so). Yet there are still some who buy from them. I knew mining was a sellers market, but this is crazy.
Dockin

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:27:23 AM

For anybody curious about the newest mandatory hardware fix to avoid overheating the A5, I took it apart to see whether or not it would be something I would be able to do. Turns out it is not something I can do with standard soldering equipment. The capacitor is microscopic. I took some pictures that might help to scale what Innosilicon is actually recommending that everybody does to their A5. The fact that Innosilicon is not offering to cover this mandatory fix under warranty speaks volumes about what type of company they are.

dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:24:23 AM

It's tragic but hilarious. Can you imagine Samsung saying "yeah, that galaxy note thing can catch fire, here is how you repair it yourself" Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: