Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:46:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Innosilicon A5 DashMaster 30.2G 750W  (Read 55195 times)
BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:09:57 AM

Worst decision/investment of my life.

After difficulty sky rocketed, I received the miners one month late

One is already broken, barley ran it

I'm just running what's left to recoup as much as I can, 10 or 20% is fine at this time. Making a profit is not even being considered

All that while bitcoin hit 19k USD

Wish I had just bought bitcoin and sold the peak

Now I know I should be responsible for investment decisions and no one could foresee BITMAIN fucking up the difficulty level and killing mining rewards the way they did

But that doesn't mean these ruthless scumbags that took my money can treat me like a beggar and don't even bother replying to emails for a week or two while i'm losing every day they are late

And don't be fooled, before taking your money they'll be nice and sweat and do whatever it takes to sell

After that you are pretty much their slave and they make sure you know that in the most disrespectful way you can imagine

Was so mad I went numb

There's not even a number you could call. Just email them and they'll reply after a week or so with a dry one line reply that doesn't resolve shit

Guess this was the most expensive lesson of my life, literally it's more expensive than a college degree

I wish I could get back at them for doing what they did to me

I wish they go all in on a shitcoin like bitconnect and lose every godamn hard earned penny they caused me to lose

BTCRockefeller

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:28:54 AM

In summary

1. They lie about delivery time
2. The miners are low quality and boards burn easily
3. The company isn't professional and the staff (if you are lucky enough to get a reply from them) are extremely rude and barley reply to emails
4. They are in China so there's nothing you can do about it (they know that you can see it from the way they treat their customers)
5. They have a mentality that they are entitled to your money and them sending miners (even if they don't work) is a job done and it's up to you to figure it out.
6. They will put you through hell to get support on broken miners
7. Warranty is bullshit they'll make you pay for anything and will even try to squeeze more profits out of you
8. X11 mining algo is REKTTT

I will not forget Innosilicon even if i'm 80 years old

I will not forget what they did to me
Dockin

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:13:38 PM

I got my "A4+ Super" from Innosilicon miner this week as compensation for the late A5.
Price was $403.33 for shipping.

To quote the email I had received "Delivery of the miners will be finished within 3 biz days after payment confirmation."
In typical Innosilicon fashion, 45 days later, it arrived.

The miner label says "Innosilicon A4+ Super LTC Master (new and better A4+)"
I find it interesting that I had not seen this online before.

It's hashing very nicely at 663 MHS at 840W.
Despite Innosilicon's reputation and customer support issues, I do appreciate the compensated miner and realize that they weren't required to do this.

I am running the latest updated files "update_180129.bin" for both miners and their both running fine.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:49:33 AM

I got my "A4+ Super" from Innosilicon miner this week as compensation for the late A5.

To quote the email I had received "Delivery of the miners will be finished within 3 biz days after payment confirmation."

Despite Innosilicon's reputation and customer support issues, I do appreciate the compensated miner and realize that they weren't required to do this.

I am running the latest updated files "update_180129.bin" for both miners and their both running fine.

Did u overall make money or lose with that deal because there was a time where D3 which is 15hgz was selling for 5k usd (first batch) because it could make around 8-10k usd id i recall right. Next batches were 2.5k and 1.4k usd if I recall right.

Ao if u gotten A5 fast, can roi real fast.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Dockin

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:59:39 PM

Did u overall make money or lose with that deal because there was a time where D3 which is 15hgz was selling for 5k usd (first batch) because it could make around 8-10k usd id i recall right. Next batches were 2.5k and 1.4k usd if I recall right.

Unfortunately due to shipping delays, nobody was able to reach ROI with an A5 yet. The D3's were out months before anybody got their hands on the A5, they drove up the difficulty to high to fast for the A5 purchasers to take advantage of the low difficulty rate. Which is why they decided to offer the A4+ as compensation for anybody who bought an A5.

I got one from the first batch (I got mine December 1st, they originally promised early October) but the D3's drove up the mining difficulty way to much before anybody with an A5 had the opportunity to get in early.

I've only been able to mine about 0.67 Dash with my A5.

At current prices of Dash and Litecoin, I'm still looking at well over a year or two to reach ROI. But by that time there will most likely be something that is more powerful that drives the mining difficulty up too high.

I believe at this point, the only chance to reach ROI is if the prices of Dash and Litecoin appreciate significantly over time.
RealCrypto.org

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 08:04:08 PM

So I updated the firmware on my A5 because it stopped mining and now I can't load the web page that shows my dashboard. I'm mining to zpool so I can't check to see if my miner is up without the dashboard either. The green light on the back is flashing and the miner fans are running with a little heat coming off the fans making me think it is working but I can't tell.

When I first updated it to the new firmware, I was able to use the dashboard but I couldn't change my mining pools. So I then updated it again with putting the check box in the return to factor settings since some people said that worked. That is when the dashboard wouldn't turn on after doing that update.

I emailed innosilicon but you all know how futile that is. Been down for over 48 hours. Up until now I was always able to trouble shoot it myself and get it working.

Anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on?
Dockin

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:32:02 AM

So I updated the firmware on my A5 because it stopped mining and now I can't load the web page that shows my dashboard. I'm mining to zpool so I can't check to see if my miner is up without the dashboard either. The green light on the back is flashing and the miner fans are running with a little heat coming off the fans making me think it is working but I can't tell.

When I first updated it to the new firmware, I was able to use the dashboard but I couldn't change my mining pools. So I then updated it again with putting the check box in the return to factor settings since some people said that worked. That is when the dashboard wouldn't turn on after doing that update.

I emailed innosilicon but you all know how futile that is. Been down for over 48 hours. Up until now I was always able to trouble shoot it myself and get it working.

Anyone have any suggestions or know what is going on?
Have you logged into your router to see if there are any new IP addresses? If the miner is getting hot and seems to be mining, it is probably just mining on the default Innosilicon pool.

When I updated, I ticked the 'Return To Factory Default Settings' as well and it changed the IP to something like 192.168.1.16 instead of the default 192.168.1.254. I found the address through my router and changed it back. Alternatively you could use IP scanning software to find it as well.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:59:03 PM

Unfortunately due to shipping delays, nobody was able to reach ROI with an A5 yet. The D3's were out months before anybody got their hands on the A5, they drove up the difficulty to high to fast for the A5 purchasers to take advantage of the low difficulty rate. Which is why they decided to offer the A4+ as compensation for anybody who bought an A5.

I got one from the first batch (I got mine December 1st, they originally promised early October) but the D3's drove up the mining difficulty way to much before anybody with an A5 had the opportunity to get in early.

I've only been able to mine about 0.67 Dash with my A5.

At current prices of Dash and Litecoin, I'm still looking at well over a year or two to reach ROI. But by that time there will most likely be something that is more powerful that drives the mining difficulty up too high.

I believe at this point, the only chance to reach ROI is if the prices of Dash and Litecoin appreciate significantly over time.

Sigh, thats the problem. And now most or almost all dash miners will not break even. I got near around 2 dash with 2 D3. Speed is important and mining these days juz gets harder.

The thing is if u believe in price appreciation, then, u should buy coins rather than mine. U will make more that way since u buy more coins, get them faster and they appreciate rather than u mine and u get lesser coins than if u were to buy and the coins come slowly over time.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:08:48 AM

In summary

1. They lie about delivery time
2. The miners are low quality and boards burn easily
3. The company isn't professional and the staff (if you are lucky enough to get a reply from them) are extremely rude and barley reply to emails
4. They are in China so there's nothing you can do about it (they know that you can see it from the way they treat their customers)
5. They have a mentality that they are entitled to your money and them sending miners (even if they don't work) is a job done and it's up to you to figure it out.
6. They will put you through hell to get support on broken miners
7. Warranty is bullshit they'll make you pay for anything and will even try to squeeze more profits out of you
8. X11 mining algo is REKTTT

I will not forget Innosilicon even if i'm 80 years old

I will not forget what they did to me

Pity for you   Cry

I am so happy I did not buy it, but i wanted   .    Decided to order D3 instead  - which was not a good decision too Roll Eyes   But D3 are of much better quailty, so there is no headache with burning miners at least  Grin
cuteman

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:10:55 AM

So I updated the firmware on my A5 because it stopped mining

Be aware of the possible fire  Shocked Shocked   Here is information from a mining farm:

15 more A5’s caught fire today. All A5’s turned off again.  Downclock and upgrade firmware doesn’t help in this time. We will wait an engineer from Innosillicon to upgrade hardware and remove capacitors.

Undecided Undecided Cry Cry
Dockin

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:36:38 AM

Be aware of the possible fire  Shocked Shocked   Here is information from a mining farm:

15 more A5’s caught fire today. All A5’s turned off again.  Downclock and upgrade firmware doesn’t help in this time. We will wait an engineer from Innosillicon to upgrade hardware and remove capacitors.

Where did you see this? Source?
cuteman

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:13:55 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 09:27:15 PM by cuteman

Where did you see this? Source?
It's from the personnel of the mining farm where I host my miners.  Luckily i don't host A5s.  (Sorry would not like to disclose name of the farm).
cuteman

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:17:39 PM

As a proof for a VERY POOR quality of Inno miners - here is a picture from the burned A5s.   As Inno is a China company, it is rather hard to influence them   Grin

cuteman

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:36:58 PM

Innosilicon A1 was No. 1 btc Asic in 2014, independently developed by innosilicon, who subsequently developed A2 to A6 various leading performance mining asic in the world.  There has been zero legal issues whatsoever. It's well known Bitmine screwed up and didn't not know to do asic or miners. Innosilicon issued lengthy statement regarding bitmine with full explanation in bitcoin talk before, it's said and done for years!

Folks, it's easy to point finger, but remember, any spread of rumor or false allegation without proof is ill intended, wrong and subject to legal consequences.

By the way, here is Inno explanation about Bitmine accusations.   As I did not get a reply from Inno_ASIC with the link, I found it myself, don't say me "thank you"  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117069.0
Dockin

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 01:54:16 PM

The image that you posted was from Giga Watt. They posted that image publicly on Twitter as a response to Innosilicon. I had also linked to it on the previous page of this discussion thread.

So when they say that "15 more A5's caught fire" is that in addition to the 17 that had already caught fire at Giga Watt?
cuteman

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:33:17 PM

The image that you posted was from Giga Watt. They posted that image publicly on Twitter as a response to Innosilicon. I had also linked to it on the previous page of this discussion thread.

So when they say that "15 more A5's caught fire" is that in addition to the 17 that had already caught fire at Giga Watt?

I am afraid yes.  Information about 15 units arose just two days ago.  And your infomation on the previous page was published more than 2 weeks ago.
Picture is indeed from their old twitter.

They are trying to run A5s after a new (numerous) update, but each time this doesn't help.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:53:58 PM

Anyone have install last update on own asic? http://www.innosilicon.com.cn/download/update_180129.bin

Yes.

And today my friend made an update to the hardware
https://www.docdroid.net/QgmRQPP/mandatory-hardware-fix-to-and-improve-stability-and-avoid-overheating-1.pdf#page=2

You have to do both, so that he does not burn.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:49:53 AM

I am afraid yes.  Information about 15 units arose just two days ago.  And your infomation on the previous page was published more than 2 weeks ago.
Picture is indeed from their old twitter.

They are trying to run A5s after a new (numerous) update, but each time this doesn't help.

How long were the machines running before it caught fire? So, Innosilcon will help replace those units right? Are they still under warranty? If u make your own changes, it might void the warranty?

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:56:31 PM

How long were the machines running before it caught fire? So, Innosilcon will help replace those units right? Are they still under warranty? If u make your own changes, it might void the warranty?

Warranty

All A5 DashMaster will be tested by factory before shipment and certified by Innosilicon. The post-sales service policy is as follows. After payment, your order will be processed immediately.

180 days parts warranty for any miners directly purchased from Innosilicon (counting upon miner arrival). If any problem, please leave a Ticket Type: C1 message on our message board. Our technical support team will get in touch with you asap.

Please don’t send any machine or parts without contacting the technical support team first. Any loss or damage as a result of lack of contact will be the responsiblility of the customer.

The price of miners may be adjusted at any time without prior notice or price compensation to customers.

The warranty expires in the following cases:

Miner is demolished, privately altered or component replacement by customers;
    Lightning, voltage surges, poor quality power supply causing damage;
    Circuit boards and components damaged by water, exposed to moisture or corroded;
    The circuit board or the chip is completely burned;
    Excessive Over-clocking in a overheating environment.
    If above case happens, services of your miner maintenance will be charged. For the specific procedures, please refer to the after-sales process.

cuteman

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:22:37 PM

Warranty

All A5 DashMaster will be tested by factory before shipment and certified by Innosilicon. The post-sales service policy is as follows. After payment, your order will be processed immediately.

180 days parts warranty for any miners directly purchased from Innosilicon (counting upon miner arrival). If any problem, please leave a Ticket Type: C1 message on our message board. Our technical support team will get in touch with you asap.

Please don’t send any machine or parts without contacting the technical support team first. Any loss or damage as a result of lack of contact will be the responsiblility of the customer.

The price of miners may be adjusted at any time without prior notice or price compensation to customers.

The warranty expires in the following cases:

Miner is demolished, privately altered or component replacement by customers;
    Lightning, voltage surges, poor quality power supply causing damage;
    Circuit boards and components damaged by water, exposed to moisture or corroded;
    The circuit board or the chip is completely burned;
    Excessive Over-clocking in a overheating environment.
    If above case happens, services of your miner maintenance will be charged. For the specific procedures, please refer to the after-sales process.

This is RIDICULOUS - Inno produces DEFECTIVE miners which BURN because of INNO's fault, and Inno does'n take responsiliity ?   Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: