Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:06:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree in death penalty?  (Read 33370 times)
bebejhen (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:03:45 AM

I believe that we just borrow our lives from God. And He is the only one who have right to take them away from us.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 3810

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:01:01 AM

At first I didn't agree with having death penalty. But when you watch the news and see all those fucked up things people do without remorse, most likely you would want them dead too, especially if you're connected to the victims. The only problem is false accusations. Lets say they hang a killer because of manslaughter and after a week later they realized that he wasn't the real killer, well shit. You cant bring the life of that man back. as opposed to just jailing them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Graed

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 06:20:06 AM

Lock them up in a real bad place for life, one that makes them wish for a death penalty. Problem solved.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:11:23 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2017, 01:54:21 PM by Anyobsss

I believe that we just borrow our lives from God. And He is the only one who have right to take them away from us.

I agree with you. However, there's also a side of me that support death penalty. Capital punishment is only given to those person who committed a great crimes such as murder, genocides.They will not be in death row if they only committed a simple crime. It is life that they take away so it is just right that they deserve death sentence. It's like an eye for an eye and a tooth for a  tooth. There's no place on earth for those murderer and it is best to end their life before they kill again rather than just imprisoning them in cells. Some people might be against to my opinion and to death penalty itself but i bet they will change their mind once their family was harmed or killed.

Rylei

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2017, 07:23:36 AM

At first I didn't agree with having death penalty. But when you watch the news and see all those fucked up things people do without remorse, most likely you would want them dead too, especially if you're connected to the victims. The only problem is false accusations. Lets say they hang a killer because of manslaughter and after a week later they realized that he wasn't the real killer, well shit. You cant bring the life of that man back. as opposed to just jailing them.

I strongly agree to bring back death penalty too on those who committed grievous crimes . Well I think the authorities would really prove that a killer really killed someone so as not to give wrong verdict.
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:29:35 AM

Legally, no, absolutely not. A legalized death penalty causes all sorts of problems.

However, I don't think I would have many reasons to hold back if anybody were to harm the people dear to me.
The only reason for me not to torture and kill somebody who would've killed someone close to me (maliciously and on purpose), would be the fact that me going to jail would hurt the remaining people close to me.

If none were left however, I would most likely go all out and make sure that nobody could stop me from unleashing hell on earth for the responsible people.

Would happily accept any sort of divine retribution with open arms as well at that point.

Alas, I still disagree with the death sentence, mostly because corrupt assholes would use and abuse it for various nonsensical reasons.
SkyjetCrew

Activity: 94
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:56:15 AM

No one has the right to take human life, but what about those who kill people? I think they also need to be destroyed in order to protect their family from such debris.

jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:59:12 AM

No one has the right to take human life, but what about those who kill people? I think they also need to be destroyed in order to protect their family from such debris.
I was always under the impression that somebody who ignored the "human rights" of another person automatically forfeits their own human rights. But apparently a lot of people think that an arbitrarily decided "human right" is absolute and can not be revoked. Goes to show how deep indoctrination and authoritarian thinking runs I suppose.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 08:12:26 AM

Yes, I mean if one person can kill another person then whats wrong with giving them a death penalty and taking their lives to treat justice?
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:07:16 AM

You are right and that's the way it must be but look around you many people died because of criminals, they have no fear on law nowadays. So I absolutely agree to have death penalty all over the world because it is the only way to decrease or to prevent crimes.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 04:58:16 PM

My only problem with it is that it's possible for evidences to be falsified, testimonies to be lies, etc. There is still a likelihood of an innocent person getting the gallows.

Still, something must be done, especially with increasing crime rate. Death penalty can be some sort of last resort, something dished out sparingly.

IMHO though I would suggest that solitary confinement can be used as an alternative. In comparison to life sentence, the prisoner would be left to himself, alone, forever. Never to see any human ever again.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:14:16 PM

I guess it's quite reasonable. Some people who committed crime can be considered evil. I think this kinds of people deserve death penalty. But, I think it still should be in due process. It would be good if death penalty would make a great factor so that people would be afraid to commit a crime. Due process is needed because it would be devastating if you put someone who's not guilty in a death penalty.
iamsolarpowered

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:19:35 PM

nobody should be killed... death penalty is not accepteble.
memephistopheles

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:37:21 PM

yes. there isnt any way to stop criminals.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:50:47 PM

nobody should be killed... death penalty is not accepteble.

If you agree with the principle that nobody should be killed, then the criminals must not be allowed to kill normal people. But when the criminals are killing people, then they need to face the punishment for their actions. It serves two purposes. First, the family of the victim will feel a sense of relief. And secondly, it will deter anyone from committing similar crimes in the future.
salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 05:56:39 PM

Death penalty does not make evil people into saints. For that reason, a bloody horrible criminal must serve his sentence in a solitary till the end of his life. He must stew in his own juice. I am sure that death penalty is a gift for these bloody criminals.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
jk_14
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:26:10 PM

yes. there isnt any way to stop criminals.
There is actually. It's called "MDMA in the ground water" and/or raising children properly so they'll raise decent children. Easier said than done though.
cdb1690

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:41:42 PM

Against.

My only problem with it is that it's possible for evidences to be falsified, testimonies to be lies, etc. There is still a likelihood of an innocent person getting the gallows.

This. No matter how perfect the system would be, there's small chance that innocent would get executed. And execution is irreversible.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 06:57:35 PM

Death penalty does not make evil people into saints. For that reason, a bloody horrible criminal must serve his sentence in a solitary till the end of his life. He must stew in his own juice. I am sure that death penalty is a gift for these bloody criminals.

If there is a choice between incarceration in a penal colony for the rest of the life and death penalty, then I would chose the former option for the most hardcore criminals. But as a result of political correctness, church influence and left-wing activism, penal colonies exist only in a few countries, and almost all of them are in the third world.
memephistopheles

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

i think god gives life and takes life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: